canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dimigago said:
It was just a general question, right after could be the very next day..I heard from some people that somebody may send me the PR card abroad. Also I heard if I do not receive PR card before my return to Canada, I could apply for travel document as long as I have the landing paper and other documents that can prove that I am PR of Canada. I posted the question just to see if anybody has similar experience and if the things I heard are possible..
It's perfectly fine to have someone mail you your PR card abroad. If your card doesn't arrive in time, you can apply for a PR Travel Document that will allow you to fly back to Canada.

The only issue would be if you are leaving Canada for just a short amount of time, as it can take several weeks to receive a PRTD.

canjamfam

Jul 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
6-11-2015
File Transfer...
9-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
10-10-2016
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
08-11-2016
I am looking for any help in obtaining a certificate of good conduct from St. Maarten for my husband who was not registered in the central database. I have tried calling and emailing the Public Service Center of Sint Maarten and can not get through. We had tried for months prior to today as well and have gotten nowhere. My husband is stuck in Jamaica and the Canadian Visa Office has kept his passport and won't proceed with his application to Canada until they get that information. Anyone out there have any ideas/answers/help/suggestions I would be really greatful.

dimigago

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
It's perfectly fine to have someone mail you your PR card abroad. If your card doesn't arrive in time, you can apply for a PR Travel Document that will allow you to fly back to Canada.

The only issue would be if you are leaving Canada for just a short amount of time, as it can take several weeks to receive a PRTD.

Thank you so much :)

Chachatsina

Star Member
Oct 4, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 28, 2017
AOR Received.
Application received: February 10, 2017 AOR 1: March 4, 2017. SA received: March 13, 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront medical done November 17, 2016
Goodday po. I just want to ask im getting confused na po about applying for spousal sponsorship. Im currently working here in singapore as an assistant nurse. Actually im ending my contract until feb nextyear.. is it better for me to start the application here in canadian embassy in singapore or in the phil? Cos they say the process will be much faster if i will do it here in singapore. Any suggestions po? Salmt!

oneesaenv

Star Member
Jan 31, 2016
wedhadi16 said:
In may i did another application, in july i was approved , oct3 i recieved our csq ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. the next day they asked for additional papers like birth certificat and police check, i really hope this will be fast.its been already 2 years and we really want good news!!!
This sounded like a mission and a half for you! I'm so glad you stuck it out and congratulations!!
:D praying for you!

JFR

Apr 1, 2016
Hoping someone can help me. Our application was received in Vienna visa office on September 27. My husband's police check expires on October 18.

Should he get another one now and send it to Vienna in order to avoid delay?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Puffball

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
JFR said:
Hoping someone can help me. Our application was received in Vienna visa office on September 27. My husband's police check expires on October 18.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
I'm not sure if they have power to extend it validity (same as with medicals), but I would go ahead and apply for a new one to be on the safe side (hopefully its not that much work to do).

satbsi

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi / Warsraw WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015, Uploaded 03-06-2015, TLU 10-06-2015
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
canuck_in_uk said:
A TRV refusal would not effect the PR app. There's not really anything else that can be explained about it...

Chances are low. She has a PR spouse in Canada and wants to immigrate, so she is a high risk to overstay.
Because her TRV is not processed by me (Fiancee) but my sister, still chances will be low?

lensed

Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
File Transfer...
21-12-2015
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
Can someone share me a link to an MP inquiry format please?

Marwa 0308

Oct 10, 2016
I sponsored my husband a year ago they called him in march and asked him a few questions on the phone is that considered the interview??? We havent heard anything since march noone has been in contact with me or him

Andynd1uk

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Passport Req..
29-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
10-09-2016
Marwa 0308 said:
I sponsored my husband a year ago they called him in march and asked him a few questions on the phone is that considered the interview??? We havent heard anything since march noone has been in contact with me or him
When you say you sponsored your husband a year ago do you mean that he's now obtained permanent residence or he's still waiting?

free_palestinian

Star Member
May 4, 2016
hello
does cic consider a marriage certificate that its obtained by giving my family the power of attorney to perform the marriage
I cant travel home to get married and she cant leave there either because of the closer of the border crossing in or out of the GAZA STRIP please advise me what to do

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
I've asked this question on the main page but I haven't had any success with any help.

My husband (PA) had a request from our VO, asking for 3 PCC's (police clearance certificates) from Iraq, India & Qatar because he worked there previously (he works one month on, then has one month off, but each of the trips were under 177 days). He went to all 3 embassies and none were able to give him what he needed, they all had different answers as to why they won't do it for him (one said they only did it for citizens of that country, another one said someone had to do it from inside the country, another said no one will open the request, so it would be a waste of money). I do not know what to do, and now he's left for work again (out of the country). I sent in a CSE last week and haven't heard anything, he was given 30 days to complete this request.

Has anyone had difficulties getting a PCC for a country that you only worked in temporarily. And it's not like he was in town for the time he worked, he was working in very remote/isolated locations.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JFR said:

An expiry date stated on the PCC doesn't matter. All that matters is whether it meets IRCC's criteria on the date that you applied. If it does, then there is no need to get a new PCC

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

satbsi said:
Because her TRV is not processed by me (Fiancee) but my sister, still chances will be low?
It doesn't matter who is inviting her. She is coming to visit you. Is she going to lie and not say that she is coming to see you? That's a bad idea.

prvc said:

Notice the transition between 2013-06 and 2013-07. The thing is I resigned from my job on June 28, 2013 and was employed on July 11, 2013, hence the little gap from 06 to 07. Would this be fine? Thanks!
Should be fine. We had a mix in ours, with some months overlapping and some not, like you show above. If you want to be really specific, you could always add a line in there as "From: 2013-06 To: 2013-07 USA - Unemployed".

lensed said:
Can someone share me a link to an MP inquiry format please?
There is no format. Just state your situation and your questions.

Marwa 0308 said:
No, a few questions on the phone is not an interview. I suggest you order your GCMS notes to see what is happening with your app.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
free_palestinian said:
hello
does cic consider a marriage certificate that its obtained by giving my family the power of attorney to perform the marriage
I cant travel home to get married and she cant leave there either because of the closer of the border crossing in or out of the GAZA STRIP please advise me what to do
Proxy marriage is not legally recognized by IRCC. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1081&top=14

From your previous posts, you are applying as a protected person. As per the guide for protected persons:

Common-law partners who have been in a conjugal relationship for at least one year but are unable to live together or appear in public together because of legal restrictions in their home country or who have been separated for reasons beyond their control (for example, civil war or armed conflict) may still qualify and should be included on the application.

If you can show that the relationship with your partner is genuine and ongoing, she may be able to be included in your app.

I suggest you return to posting in the Refugee section of the forum, as yours is not a Family Sponsorship case.