-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
hey

One of my friend , she is Canadian citizen and wants to marry international student of USA(home country India)

So under spouse sponsership , he can apply for pr from USA? If yes then how long it takes

Please help

Thanks

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
dipashah said:
hey

One of my friend , she is Canadian citizen and wants to marry international student of USA(home country India)

So under spouse sponsership , he can apply for pr from USA? If yes then how long it takes

Please help

Thanks
Should be easier process - she can apply Outland and he would likely get pr in less than 6 months - as early as 3 months.. However things could change in future

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dipashah said:

He can apply while in the US but his app will most likely go New Delhi.

dipashah

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Interview........
-
canuck_in_uk said:
He can apply while in the US but his app will most likely go New Delhi.

Thanks for your reply

So how long it takes???

vallabha147

May 24, 2014
London, ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016, AOR 2 - 13th December 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Yes to submit passport
LANDED..........
Already landed on Visiting Visa
Decoy24601 said:
There isn't an income requirement for spousal sponsorship, so you don't have to wait until you have a job. However, it's a good idea to mention how you plan to provide for your spouse if you don't have a job. This is where you can say you're looking for a job and could also include job applications/offers if you want.
Hi,

I have no job offer or application and I am a full-time student. I have so much of study load and I think I won't be able to do any job.
Do you suggest me to find a job before I submit my wife's application?

And when you say that I can say I am looking for a job is that means I type one letter mentioning my condition and my plans and put it with the form?

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Hi,

I am Married to a Canadian Citizen since 1 year 6 months now, I have lived in Canada for 5 years with 4 years of work experience. Currently I am in India since a year. I have my PR application under CEC but it is taking a long time.

My question to senior members or the experts (pls help)

1) We are planning to apply for spousal, she just finished her seasonal employment and is actively looking for work, can we apply for spousal or will it be denied that she doesn't have a job at the moment?

2) Can I get a work permit or how long will it take for me to get in Canada and be with my wife?

3) We got married in Canada, have pictures and everything is prove or legality of marriage, what is the procedure or is it advisable to apply it through an agent?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

nartcr

Dec 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16 2016
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
AOR1: June 6 2016 SA: July 20 2016 AOR2: Sep 1 2016 PGR Request: Sep 27 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
ECAS shows in process status
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
May 3 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 6 2017 Sent Jan 10 2017 Rvcd Jan 20 2017
LANDED..........
March 5 2017 - Vancouver
dipashah said:
Thanks for your reply

So how long it takes???
If he is in US, application would likely go to Ottawa for processing. If he is in India, it would go to New Delhi. If it goes to Ottawa, it is faster than most of the VO's

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nartcr said:
If he is in US, application would likely go to Ottawa for processing. If he is in India, it would go to New Delhi. If it goes to Ottawa, it is faster than most of the VO's
The majority of the time, IRCC sends the app to the VO of nationality, not the VO of residence. The app will most likely go to New Delhi.

On the very off chance that it does go to Ottawa, the applicant is not going to see the same fast processing as visa-exempt Americans and Brits.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
cec_21 said:
Hi,

I am Married to a Canadian Citizen since 1 year 6 months now, I have lived in Canada for 5 years with 4 years of work experience. Currently I am in India since a year. I have my PR application under CEC but it is taking a long time.

My question to senior members or the experts (pls help)

1) We are planning to apply for spousal, she just finished her seasonal employment and is actively looking for work, can we apply for spousal or will it be denied that she doesn't have a job at the moment?

2) Can I get a work permit or how long will it take for me to get in Canada and be with my wife?

3) We got married in Canada, have pictures and everything is prove or legality of marriage, what is the procedure or is it advisable to apply it through an agent?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
1. There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor your spouse. She needs to prove that she is not on welfare and that she isn't bankrupt.
2. You are only eligible for a work permit if you come to Canada and apply inland. Otherwise, you must wait for your PR.
3. It's usually best to do it yourself unless you have admissibility issues, such as criminality problems. You must complete the principal applicant forms, and your sponsor must complete the sponsor forms. Everything is then sent to Mississauga. Then you wait.

For a more accurate idea of the timelines involved, check out the thread for your VO. If you are an Indian national, look at the New Delhi threads.

cec_21

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
MilesAway said:
1. There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor your spouse. She needs to prove that she is not on welfare and that she isn't bankrupt.
2. You are only eligible for a work permit if you come to Canada and apply inland. Otherwise, you must wait for your PR.
3. It's usually best to do it yourself unless you have admissibility issues, such as criminality problems. You must complete the principal applicant forms, and your sponsor must complete the sponsor forms. Everything is then sent to Mississauga. Then you wait.

For a more accurate idea of the timelines involved, check out the thread for your VO. If you are an Indian national, look at the New Delhi threads.
Thank you :)

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
VO ask me to redo my medical a week ago (the one I send it is expired ,I will submit the new one it tomorow) , and also today I received another email asking me to submit a new police certificate since it is also expired...What is the next step HuhHuhHuh?

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
Sa and file transfer 24Nov2016. Aor2 12 December
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting ?
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ?
LANDED..........
Soon
Day 75 still waiting for my sa
I call them many times but they said your file go for secondary review
What's is secondry review ?
Plz help what's should I do ?
My file timeline
App filled 27 June
Received 28 June
Aor1 19 July
?
Can I go for mp inquiry?

RDG

Sep 12, 2016
Hi,
Being a Canadian citizen and married to an international student who is in the USA on F1, is it possible to get TN visa to work in the USA. I also want to mention that once I have got withdrawal of application for admission.
My husband being there in the USA on F1 would create any issue in getting TN visa?
Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
RDG said:
Hi,
Being a Canadian citizen and married to an international student who is in the USA on F1, is it possible to get TN visa to work in the USA. I also want to mention that once I have got withdrawal of application for admission.
My husband being there in the USA on F1 would create any issue in getting TN visa?
Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Thanks
considering this is a forum for canadian immigration, i'm not sure how much luck you are going to have finding out about US immigration rules. there are not too many people on here who have experience with immigrating or working on a visa in the us. i'd suggest trying to find a US immigration specific forum. also, this certainly isn't the right board on this forum for this question. IF anyone does know about it, it would most likely be in the foreign worker board. this board is specific to canadian PRs and Citizens who are sponsoring their spouses or family members for PR status in Canada.

vallabha147

May 24, 2014
London, ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
25-11-2016, AOR 2 - 13th December 2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-12-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Yes to submit passport
LANDED..........
Already landed on Visiting Visa
Hi All,

I am a PR holder and full time Graduate student in Canada. I have got OSAP (Ontario Student assistance program).

I am planning to put spousal file for my wife who is in India.

I have following worries -
- I don't have any job and I have a student loan, so will I be eligible to file for my wife?
- Do I need to drop studies and apply for full time job or part time job(if I get one) can suffice their requirements?

Please advise me on this.