+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

bhinder singh

Jul 17, 2016
Dear sir,
my marriage was on January 2014 . My wife visited to me 4 times in last 2.5 years. And we have one 10 months old daughter in Canada . we submitted all proofs our relationships like marriage certificate , when and where our marriage was held all that prooves. all outing proves with photographs and bills. All wedding photos. I got the interview letter on june 30 :2016. And my interview is on August 8 at new Delhi office. My wife and daughter is also visiting here bcoz of interview.
Plz tell me what kind of questions they can ask from both of us. And any positive effect on visa office that we have daughter by this marriage. Or they are not careing about child

happy77

Aug 14, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
14/09/2016
Med's Done....
09/09/2016
Passport Req..
10-10-2017
Thank you very much.

TANMEX said:
Hi ,
I sent my application 9 months ago and I included all sponsor forms and documents in one Folder and Principal Applicant forms and relationship proofs in a 2nd folder .
no complaint from CIC , doesn't matter how you divide or combine them CIC will rearrange them the way they want .

Woodex

Sep 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a Canadian citizen through refugee. Accra visa office has for my PIF and I am wandering what's the significant of this document to spouse sponsorship. Can someone help

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
bhinder singh said:
Dear sir,
my marriage was on January 2014 . My wife visited to me 4 times in last 2.5 years. And we have one 10 months old daughter in Canada . we submitted all proofs our relationships like marriage certificate , when and where our marriage was held all that prooves. all outing proves with photographs and bills. All wedding photos. I got the interview letter on june 30 :2016. And my interview is on August 8 at new Delhi office. My wife and daughter is also visiting here bcoz of interview.
Plz tell me what kind of questions they can ask from both of us. And any positive effect on visa office that we have daughter by this marriage. Or they are not careing about child
i see this question pop up quite a lot on here , they will ask enough questions to verify you are genuine , you should never need to know what type of questions they ask , because if you are genuine and truthful then the answers will be no problem , and you and your wife will have the same answers , because it is the truth , ... but if you have to know what kind of questions so you and your wife can both talk about the same answers and make sure you get it right ... then maybe it aint the truth . and no one should help out on providing the questions to you . if your genuine , you have nothing to fear .

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
kiwiblair said:
i see this question pop up quite a lot on here , they will ask enough questions to verify you are genuine , you should never need to know what type of questions they ask , because if you are genuine and truthful then the answers will be no problem , and you and your wife will have the same answers , because it is the truth , ... but if you have to know what kind of questions so you and your wife can both talk about the same answers and make sure you get it right ... then maybe it aint the truth . and no one should help out on providing the questions to you . if your genuine , you have nothing to fear .
You obviously have a very high level of faith in the system. How do you know the system is as fair as you say?

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
frege said:
You obviously have a very high level of faith in the system. How do you know the system is as fair as you say?
if you and your wife /partner , cant even get the basic truth about each other , and what you have planned togeather without going over the questions so your lies can match , then you dont deserve to live anywhere else but the c r a p hole you are trying to leave .

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
bhinder singh said:
Dear sir,
Hello Bhinder,

Here is a previous post on this topic: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-interview-questions-t157678.0.html

It helps a lot that you have a child together. It is very rare for a couple that has a child to be rejected. If CIC has any doubts about the paternity of the child they may ask for a DNA test.

If you are rejected despite having a daughter together, you should definitely talk to a Canadian immigration lawyer very quickly after the rejection. You will only have a short time to appeal.

Unfortunately, the questions asked can sometimes be very intrusive, depending on how tactful the immigration officer is. For example, "Who were your spouse's previous sexual partners and why did those relationships end?" Or "When and where did you have sex for the first time? Who initiated it?" Or "How often do you have sex?" "When was your wife's last menstrual period?"

Generally, it is not the case that genuine couples will always answer all questions identically. Even genuine couples will often have significant areas where they don't know every detail about each other. What happens then is that an immigration officer who wants to find evidence against a couple can focus on a few questions that may be surprising on their own and ignore the many questions on which the pair were in agreement. Unlike the process in the U.S., these interviews are not tape recorded so you are at the mercy of what the IO chooses to record in their notes.

If you have any concerns about your ability to communicate in English, consider asking for an interpreter. (Especially if English is not the language you speak with your wife.)

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Hello

What are the next steps after sending application ? Should I expect an email?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
cjg1987 said:
Hello

What are the next steps after sending application ? Should I expect an email?
Assuming you applied outland, you will first get AOR (official receipt of your application), which can really take anywhere from the time they receive your application til before SA, but a lot of people have received theirs around day 20-30. Some people never get one though. This will give you the sponsor's UCI and the overall file number. Then you'll get SA, sponsorship approval, which will let you know what visa office the application has been forwarded to. Depending on the visa-office you might get a second AOR (AOR2). After that they will start processing your application and at that point they will request any documents that you didn't send upfront (like the RPRF fee, PCCs, etc) or any additional proof of your relationship that they might need. Then you can expect PPR (passport request) or DM (Decision Made-You'll find this out through eCAS), in either order depending on the visa office. After you do what they tell you to in the PPR, they will return your passport with a visa stamp to enter Canada along with your COPR.

KateChurchill

Jul 17, 2016
I am a U.S. citizen and married a Canadian in Sept. 2015. While I keep my legal address/residence as the U.S., I have spent most of the time in Canada with him since then. We submitted the Family Class Sponsorship and permanent resident apps to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) only to receive a letter stating that they process applications where the Principal Applicant resides overseas. The letter also states that they kept no record of our submission. This is very confusing as I've done my research and can't find out where we need to mail the application - other than the CPC-M which returned our app. Also, is the medical exam required since I have only been in the U.S.A. & Canada in the last 5 years, no other countries. Any suggestion(s) is much appreciated!

cjg1987

Champion Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-11-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
Does anyone know the average processing time for Hong Kong visa office?

Chris101

Jan 31, 2011
Hi Guys,
I migrated to Canada in 2015, landed in June. I am in the GTA. Initially when I came it was hard (as I had expected) but gradually things started getting better. I recently got hired in a decent paying job - my field, got a car and getting my credentials that much closer to where it should be, I am an ACCA sitting a few more exams towards my CPA.

Now that you have some background on me, here is why I'm in this forum again (besides sharing some FSWP info :)).. I recently got married to my long time girl friend. We've been together for more than 5 years... I wanted to get married before I applied to come to Canada but didn't know what to expect and how hard it was going to be, I didn't want her to take the risk (selfish me) and we didn't get married at that time.

I am filing her application this month and I think we have everything covered. I am not taking a lawyer nor being represented by anyone. I completed my paperwork and she did the same - awaiting her package to consolidate and sent to Mississauga processing centre.

Questions:
1. I don't have phone bills showing we talk. In these times everyone uses communication methods that are more cost efficient.. I have tons of emails, whatsapp messages, facebook messages, Skype logs.. Do you think this will be enough?
2. My wife is working back home and she now lives with my parents.. she is in Guyana. Since I am here by myself I make enough to cover my own expenses and save a bit for our future. I don't send money back home to her on a consistent basis.. In fact, since I am here I only sent money once for her... her birthday last year.. do you think this will pose a problem? Since she is working she is supporting herself just fine..
3. Based on my research I see the fees payable is $75 (application fee) + $475 (principal applicant) which totals $550.. Do I have to pay the RFPR fee now? Does my wife need to pay anything to the local visa processing centre back home? Her case will be processed in Port of Spain..
4. Please confirm the package (for outland) has to be sent to:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON

Thanks a lot,
Chris
L5A 4N6

Chris101

Jan 31, 2011
KateChurchill said:
I am a U.S. citizen and married a Canadian in Sept. 2015. While I keep my legal address/residence as the U.S., I have spent most of the time in Canada with him since then. We submitted the Family Class Sponsorship and permanent resident apps to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) only to receive a letter stating that they process applications where the Principal Applicant resides overseas. The letter also states that they kept no record of our submission. This is very confusing as I've done my research and can't find out where we need to mail the application - other than the CPC-M which returned our app. Also, is the medical exam required since I have only been in the U.S.A. & Canada in the last 5 years, no other countries. Any suggestion(s) is much appreciated!
Hi Kate, is this the address you sent your package to:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
KateChurchill said:
The medical exam is required no matter what (for the principal applicant). CPC-M is the right place to mail the application. If your application was returned, that's because a file was missing or a signature was missing. The address is in the application guide http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp. All applications are sent to CPC-M first, then the CIC forwards them to an overseas VO (for Americans, it stays in Canada but gets transferred to Ottawa).

It looks like you might have filled out the wrong forms for what you were applying for. Do you want to apply inland or outland? If your spouse is not in Canada, you cannot apply inland. Either way, outland is only a 3-4 month process for Americans. Make sure you fill out the outland application guide and send it to the correct address listed in that application guide.It's also possible it could have been their mistake, but that address is correct.

Chris101 said:
Hi Guys,
I migrated to Canada in 2015, landed in June. I am in the GTA. Initially when I came it was hard (as I had expected) but gradually things started getting better. I recently got hired in a decent paying job - my field, got a car and getting my credentials that much closer to where it should be, I am an ACCA sitting a few more exams towards my CPA.

Now that you have some background on me, here is why I'm in this forum again (besides sharing some FSWP info :)).. I recently got married to my long time girl friend. We've been together for more than 5 years... I wanted to get married before I applied to come to Canada but didn't know what to expect and how hard it was going to be, I didn't want her to take the risk (selfish me) and we didn't get married at that time.

I am filing her application this month and I think we have everything covered. I am not taking a lawyer nor being represented by anyone. I completed my paperwork and she did the same - awaiting her package to consolidate and sent to Mississauga processing centre.

Questions:
1. I don't have phone bills showing we talk. In these times everyone uses communication methods that are more cost efficient.. I have tons of emails, whatsapp messages, facebook messages, Skype logs.. Do you think this will be enough?
2. My wife is working back home and she now lives with my parents.. she is in Guyana. Since I am here by myself I make enough to cover my own expenses and save a bit for our future. I don't send money back home to her on a consistent basis.. In fact, since I am here I only sent money once for her... her birthday last year.. do you think this will pose a problem? Since she is working she is supporting herself just fine..
3. Based on my research I see the fees payable is $75 (application fee) + $475 (principal applicant) which totals $550.. Do I have to pay the RFPR fee now? Does my wife need to pay anything to the local visa processing centre back home? Her case will be processed in Port of Spain..
4. Please confirm the package (for outland) has to be sent to:
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON

Thanks a lot,
Chris
L5A 4N6
1: Whatsapp and the rest are fine. Phone bills themselves aren't technically necessary, as long as you have other proof that you have ongoing communication, which you do.
2: You don't need to send money to your spouse to sponsor her. Many people never send money to their spouses because they are self-sufficient in their home country. It's not a requirement.
3: Pay the RPRF fee upfront if you can. They will request it later if you don't, but it's possible and recommended to pay it upfront if you can. She does not need to pay anything to a local visa office.
4: That's correct.