Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/12/2015
Med's Done....
06/2015
I have opened my outland spousal sponsorship app in Calgary. Now, I got an offer in Montreal and planning to move. Should I apply csq for my wife? the process is at the visa office and took more than announced time line.
P.S. you only update for any application when you are asked otherwise IO will get confused and results in more delays...

gsphull

Jun 29, 2016
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
nvdo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2016
AOR Received.
18-05-2016
File Transfer...
26-07-2016
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
01-04-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Is dere any1 who applied on 28 april 2018 for spousal sponsorship outside canada? i haven't received SA confirmation its been 80 days

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Hi everyone,

My friend applied for inland spousal sponsorship together with OWP. What are the next steps? Will she get the OWP first or any kind of file number and how long it takes generally?

One more question, she didn't attach any employment offer with the OWP application? Is that gonna be a problem?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Joejo said:
Hi everyone,

My friend applied for inland spousal sponsorship together with OWP. What are the next steps? Will she get the OWP first or any kind of file number and how long it takes generally?

One more question, she didn't attach any employment offer with the OWP application? Is that gonna be a problem?
Your friend should get the OWP after 4-5 months and that's the next step in terms of the OWP. She doesn't need an employment offer for the pilot OWP program that goes with the inland application.

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Decoy24601 said:
Your friend should get the OWP after 4-5 months and that's the next step in terms of the OWP. She doesn't need an employment offer for the pilot OWP program that goes with the inland application.
Thanks Decoy24601

How about the Sponsorship application? Will the sponsor get the file number first? How long its gonna take? Will they process the SOWP and Sponsorship application simultaneously?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Joejo said:
Thanks Decoy24601

How about the Sponsorship application? Will the sponsor get the file number first? How long its gonna take? Will they process the SOWP and Sponsorship application simultaneously?
The first thing they will get is an AOR, aka an official receipt of your application with the sponsor's UCI + the overall file number, then AIP (approval in principal, this is where the sponsor is approved and they've looked at the eligibility of the person being sponsored, but everything else like background checks hasn't been started yet), then comes the official decision/approval, if I remember correctly. I'm not completely sure that inland follows this though, I think it is, but I'm more familiar with the outland process. This is also assuming there won't be an interview based on the relationship (which is different from the typical landing interview). If I got anything here wrong, someone please correct me.

They will process the OWP simultaneously and separately.

I'm not sure how long each stage is taking right now, because from what I've seen lately the processing time is varying wildly. I would check out one of the inland threads and spreadsheets to get an idea of the time. The time it takes to completely the entire inland application should be under 2 years total, and I've seen it vary between 1 and 2 years.

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
gsphull said:
Is dere any1 who applied on 28 april 2018 for spousal sponsorship outside canada? i haven't received SA confirmation its been 80 days
I would definitely be calling CIC!!! You might not get an email for SA, some do some don't, there is nothing consistent with CIC (although they don't need to give us any info online, they do it as a courtesy)

Good Luck!!!

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
kiwiblair said:
hi , is there a specific New zealand /australian to canada thread to join for 2016 ? if so can someone link it please , i tried the search function , but it only brings up older ones . cheers
Hi Kiwiblair

Did you ever find the NZ/Australian thread? If not, then I'm happy to start one. Our application is going to be couriered to Mississauga on Monday :)

kiwiblair

Feb 2, 2016
NEW ZEALAND
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
25-04-2016
Med's Done....
up front
Passport Req..
29-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
hi , nope , doesnt appear to be a nz/aus specific one ..

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Decoy24601 said:
The first thing they will get is an AOR, aka an official receipt of your application with the sponsor's UCI + the overall file number, then AIP (approval in principal, this is where the sponsor is approved and they've looked at the eligibility of the person being sponsored, but everything else like background checks hasn't been started yet), then comes the official decision/approval, if I remember correctly. I'm not completely sure that inland follows this though, I think it is, but I'm more familiar with the outland process. This is also assuming there won't be an interview based on the relationship (which is different from the typical landing interview). If I got anything here wrong, someone please correct me.

They will process the OWP simultaneously and separately.

I'm not sure how long each stage is taking right now, because from what I've seen lately the processing time is varying wildly. I would check out one of the inland threads and spreadsheets to get an idea of the time. The time it takes to completely the entire inland application should be under 2 years total, and I've seen it vary between 1 and 2 years.
Thanks Decoy24601... +1 for u

happy77

Aug 14, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
14/09/2016
Med's Done....
09/09/2016
Passport Req..
10-10-2017
Hello everybody. I have a little question related with the proof of the relationship.

In the Envelope 2 (applicant forms) should I included something of the proof of the relationship??? or everything in the Envelope 3 (proof of relationship)

I am confused because in the IMM5490 said that you have to enclosed flight tickets, life insurance... so I dont know if that kind of proofs belongs to IMM5490 or not?Huh Or should I repeat the documents???

Thank you very much in advance.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happy77 said:
Hello everybody. I have a little question related with the proof of the relationship.

In the Envelope 2 (applicant forms) should I included something of the proof of the relationship??? or everything in the Envelope 3 (proof of relationship)

I am confused because in the IMM5490 said that you have to enclosed flight tickets, life insurance... so I dont know if that kind of proofs belongs to IMM5490 or not?Huh Or should I repeat the documents???

Thank you very much in advance.
Hi ,
I sent my application 9 months ago and I included all sponsor forms and documents in one Folder and Principal Applicant forms and relationship proofs in a 2nd folder .
no complaint from CIC , doesn't matter how you divide or combine them CIC will rearrange them the way they want .

bhinder singh

Jul 17, 2016
Dear sir,
my marriage was on January 2014 . My wife visited to me 4 times in last 2.5 years. And we have one 10 months old daughter in Canada . we submitted all proofs our relationships like marriage certificate , when and where our marriage was held all that prooves. all outing proves with photographs and bills. All wedding photos. I got the interview letter on june 30 :2016. And my interview is on August 8 at new Delhi office. My wife and daughter is also visiting here bcoz of interview.
Plz tell me what kind of questions they can ask from both of us. And any positive effect on visa office that we have daughter by this marriage. Or they are not careing about child.