Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Still_life said:
Hello there!

I have a question in regards to sponsoring a spouse. I am a Canadian citizen, where I have known my wife long distance back and forth for more than 3 years, and finally got married overseas. My wife has a visitor visa already to Canada so she can come visit me during the meantime. What is the best way about going to apply for a PR status? Shall we apply while she is INLAND Canada? However, her visitors visa requires for her to be in Canada visiting for 6 months only. If the application for permanent residence takes less than that, that's great, but will she be required to leave if the application takes longer?
where is your wife from? generally, outland is the better choice for most people. people can apply outland while being IN canada as a worker, student or visitor. once she's in canada, she can apply to extend her visitor's visa and stay for the duration of the process. again, knowing where your wife is from will help determine what the wait will be like. Inland is currently taking 2+ years for total approval.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
deeafahd said:
hello guys ...is there anybody with big age gap such as 20+ ...???...Is it possible VO would denie for this reason ??
Yes - certainly possible. You will want to include plenty of evidence in your application to demonstrate the relationship is genuine.

selpri12

Sep 28, 2014
Hello Folks

I am quiet new to this community and need your help and advise.I am a PR living in Canada and i applied for spousal sponsorship for my wife and kid living in India (outland applicaiton) and the date submitted was Dec 30,2014.I was requested to submit medical reassessment from HCC New Delhi in Dec 2015 and during that time my wife and kid were in Canada visiting me and hence we submitted the reassessment from here in Canada.I also opened a case specific enqiry and attached the details of medical reasssessment in January and they updated them in the file.Its been 6 months since then and there is no update.I have opened one more case specific enquiry last month asking for status for which there was no response and i got my ATIP/GCMS file and i couldnt find anything that stopping the process.

Could you help me if there is a way to contact HCC, New Delhi asking for more details and is there any secion in the GCMS file i need to look at as it has several pages and its very confusing.

Please feel free to advise and suggest. Quiet upset that my friends who submitted the applicaiton 6 months after me has already received passport request and there is no update on my case

Thanks guys in advance

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
selpri12 said:
Hello Folks

I am quiet new to this community and need your help and advise.I am a PR living in Canada and i applied for spousal sponsorship for my wife and kid living in India (outland applicaiton) and the date submitted was Dec 30,2014.I was requested to submit medical reassessment from HCC New Delhi in Dec 2015 and during that time my wife and kid were in Canada visiting me and hence we submitted the reassessment from here in Canada.I also opened a case specific enqiry and attached the details of medical reasssessment in January and they updated them in the file.Its been 6 months since then and there is no update.I have opened one more case specific enquiry last month asking for status for which there was no response and i got my ATIP/GCMS file and i couldnt find anything that stopping the process.

Could you help me if there is a way to contact HCC, New Delhi asking for more details and is there any secion in the GCMS file i need to look at as it has several pages and its very confusing.

Please feel free to advise and suggest. Quiet upset that my friends who submitted the applicaiton 6 months after me has already received passport request and there is no update on my case

Thanks guys in advance
Ouch :( Sorry to hear of your long wait. But I have to say your case isn't unusual. Plenty of people from ND end up waiting that long. I suggest posting in the ND thread.

There's lots of info here about GCMS codes, if you post some of the stuff you are confused about someone can probably help you, or google for the GCMS codes thread.

It's great your spouse was able to join you in Canada though.

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
selpri12 said:
Hello Folks

Thanks guys in advance
GCMS explained here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t390292.0.html;topicseen

JMilne

Jun 28, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Doc's Request.
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
Hello,

My husband is a Canadian citizen who will sponsor our 2 children and I. We are in Australia and Australian citizens.

I can't find an accurate list of all forms required. It's so confusing! I should be using IMM 5491 for reference. Correct?

I am also having trouble viewing the forms (0008 & 5669)on the CIC website with an error message about Adobe (although everything is up to date on my laptop, including latest Adobe)

Can any other knowledageble people going through Sydney advise? Thanks!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
JMilne said:
Hello,

My husband is a Canadian citizen who will sponsor our 2 children and I. We are in Australia and Australian citizens.

I can't find an accurate list of all forms required. It's so confusing! I should be using IMM 5491 for reference. Correct?

I am also having trouble viewing the forms (0008 & 5669)on the CIC website with an error message about Adobe (although everything is up to date on my laptop, including latest Adobe)

Can any other knowledageble people going through Sydney advise? Thanks!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

The forms are there. Also look at your country guide.

If your husband is a Canadian citizen, and the children are also his, then they may already be Canadian citizens (depending on how your husband obtained his citizenship).

As for the forms not opening, some people have had success right-clicking and saving the forms, then opening through Adobe. Opening them in a browser doesn't always work.

ortswak

May 11, 2016
hello!!
i need your help.. we had our passport request yesterday.. our application was processed at MANILA visa office.
the instructions were to send the passport at nearest Visa application center (VAC). is there anybody who can help us because my wife is in new zealand because she is a resident there. does she need to go home to the philippines just to pass it to the MANILA VAC? there is also a VAC in new zealand but they said they can only forward the passport to SYDNEY CANADA EMBASSY. any of you guys experience this situation? please give us some ideas. thank you!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ortswak said:
hello!!
i need your help.. we had our passport request yesterday.. our application was processed at MANILA visa office.
the instructions were to send the passport at nearest Visa application center (VAC). is there anybody who can help us because my wife is in new zealand because she is a resident there. does she need to go home to the philippines just to pass it to the MANILA VAC? there is also a VAC in new zealand but they said they can only forward the passport to SYDNEY CANADA EMBASSY. any of you guys experience this situation? please give us some ideas. thank you!
What's the issue with sending it to Sydney?

JMilne

Jun 28, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
Doc's Request.
18-10-2016
AOR Received.
19-08-2016
File Transfer...
30-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-07-2016
Interview........
Not requested
VISA ISSUED...
08-12-2016
MilesAway said:
If your husband is a Canadian citizen, and the children are also his, then they may already be Canadian citizens (depending on how your husband obtained his citizenship).

As for the forms not opening, some people have had success right-clicking and saving the forms, then opening through Adobe. Opening them in a browser doesn't always work.
Thanks! Have since found all the forms, same link as you attached. Still no luck opening or downloading said Forms :mad:

Would you be able to elaborate on the children potentially being Citizens? My husband was born in Canada to Canadian parents, standard citizenship scenario.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
JMilne said:
Thanks! Have since found all the forms, same link as you attached. Still no luck opening or downloading said Forms :mad:

Would you be able to elaborate on the children potentially being Citizens? My husband was born in Canada to Canadian parents, standard citizenship scenario.
If they are his children, then they are Canadian citizens by descent. You'll need to apply for the citizenship certificates (which could take a long time).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
JMilne said:

They are Canadian citizens. You need to apply ASAP for the Certificates of Citizenship for the children.

If you travel to Canada after Sept 29th, Canada's eTA requirement will be in force. As your children are already Canadian, they don't qualify for eTAs and will not be able to travel to Canada on their Australian passports. You will need Canadian passports for them. If either is under the age of 2, you can apply for a Canadian passport concurrently with the certificate app. If they are over 2, you will need to first wait for the certificates to be sent before you can apply for passports.

If you go to Canada before Sept 29th, the children will be able to travel on their Australian passports. However, without proof of citizenship, you may face issues getting them provincial health care.

Tinzy

Jun 16, 2016
Hi guys, I have read some post that some applicants attached letters from friends and family members just to support that the relationship is genuine and also the principal applicant and sponsor also wrote letters explaining their relationship.Is this necessary?I have only photos and skype convo etc, bills and messages..thanks in advnace for those who will reply.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tinzy said:
Hi guys, I have read some post that some applicants attached letters from friends and family members just to support that the relationship is genuine and also the principal applicant and sponsor also wrote letters explaining their relationship.Is this necessary?I have only photos and skype convo etc, bills and messages..thanks in advnace for those who will reply.
For Common-Law applicants, two statutory declaration letters (notarized), written by family or friends, are required.