Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Tinzy said:
Hi guys, I am in the process of completing the spousal application forms and I am a bit confused with this form.

According to the cic spousal checklist the IMM5406 Additional Family Info has to be filled up by the Principal Applicant. But on the top most part of the form, it states there that the "principal applicant, their spouse...must complete there own form.My husband is my sponsor.Just for clarification, this IMM5406 form needs to be completed by my spouse also which happens to be my sponsor?please help
no, the sponsor spouse does not fill out the form. remember these forms are generic for all streams of immigration, so whenever you see "spouse" on these forms, they are not referring to the sponsor. this refers to spouses who are applying for PR together. For application purposes, the sponsor spouse is the "sponsor", and is not considered a "spouse" or "family member".

Personally, i added my sponsor spouse on my additional family form because i wasn't sure if it was needed. i didn't have any issues with processing. however, since they are canadian, i'm not sure if they actually need to be on the form. this form is basically for info purposes only for CIC... it tells them who you may or may not intend to sponsor to come to canada in the future.

Tinzy

Jun 16, 2016
Thank younso much CDNPR2014.Now I know!Well , also I hope you can give me insight to this.

I am on a 3 year multi entry visa.I arrived here in Canada last year aug 15, 2015 to Jan 20, 2016, after which I went back home for just two months.I came back here in Canada last March 20, 2016 and is still in Canada with my return ticket dated sept 2016,no plans of going back home.

for the GENERIC APPLICATION FORM IMM0008 question 10.
Current country of residence: canada
What date should I put?Is it the date I first came to canada or the second time?
what TO (date) Should i write?June 2016 or my return ticket date whixh is sept?

For Spouse questionaire form.Period of Cohabitation From_____ and To_____*
i am living with my husbandm got married last jan 2016. i am confused on what go write since I lived my my hubby last year but went back home for two months theb came back wo live with him.

Thank you CDNPR2014 for replying on my last post.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Tinzy said:
Thank younso much CDNPR2014.Now I know!Well , also I hope you can give me insight to this.

I am on a 3 year multi entry visa.I arrived here in Canada last year aug 15, 2015 to Jan 20, 2016, after which I went back home for just two months.I came back here in Canada last March 20, 2016 and is still in Canada with my return ticket dated sept 2016,no plans of going back home.

What date should I put?Is it the date I first came to canada or the second time?

Thank you CDNPR2014 for replying on my last post.
if you are a visitor of canada, i wouldn't think you're considered a resident of canada, so personally i'd put your country of citizenship (or whatever you consider home) as your current residence. a multiple entry visa does not equal residency. you are not a temporary or permanent resident... you are a visitor. you can still use a canadian address for communication purposes in your application. where they send requests has nothing to do with your residency.

if you consider yourself a resident of canada even though you are a visitor, then i would put the last date you entered.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Tinzy said:

For Spouse questionaire form.Period of Cohabitation From_____ and To_____*
i am living with my husbandm got married last jan 2016. i am confused on what go write since I lived my my hubby last year but went back home for two months theb came back wo live with him.
It is perfectly fine to put Canada as your current country of residence and use only a Canadian address in the app. Put your most recent entry date for FROM and the date your current stay expires for TO.

I would put the date from last year and include a little explanation about your visit home on a separate sheet.

kangaroo1

Jun 16, 2016
Hi,

I am a Nursing student from Sydney Australia who is getting married to a Canadian Citizen next week In Canada.

I am interested in becoming a Candian Resident, I have read all the information on the CIC website and am aware of the sponsorship process.

I will be applying from outside of Canada (outland), is there any way to still live with my partner and work in Canada while the application is being assessed? Can I apply for the International Experiece Canada Working Holiday?

Once I've finished School in December, is it possible to apply for a Working Visa there?

I'm trying to find the quickest way to be living with my Partner once I'm finished School in December

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kangaroo1 said:
Hi,

I am a Nursing student from Sydney Australia who is getting married to a Canadian Citizen next week In Canada.

I am interested in becoming a Candian Resident, I have read all the information on the CIC website and am aware of the sponsorship process.

I will be applying from outside of Canada (outland), is there any way to still live with my partner and work in Canada while the application is being assessed? Can I apply for the International Experiece Canada Working Holiday?

Once I've finished School in December, is it possible to apply for a Working Visa there?

Hi ,
you can apply outland and live with your husband in Canada , however you can't legally work.
The Good news is your VO is super fast and you may get approved before December .

I'm trying to find the quickest way to be living with my Partner once I'm finished School in December

madoFaisal

Jun 17, 2016
Hi my husband was here in Canada His status Was deportation His mother got very silk he really wanted to go see her .End he did ..we-have one child togeher That is 2 years old end we-have a share costety whit His older her since he left from canada in 2014-06 i had to cancel His papers from inside canada end to start all over again from outside of Canada it Took us 10 months to fixed Almost His papers cuz in Pakistan Where He was he dint hve a identety more we-have a layer purpose here i dont think she can do anything about it i take care of the kids alone work like crazy to supporting my family its very hard Where he is most threatening its very end here we re Suffering a lot. Any how His ben filed send to the London office in 04/01/2016 i try So Many Times i can reach em i try to stay possitive whit whit the kids my husbend he is Suffering so are we here the older one he is 10 he is not consatrating at school That well make second year falling again i recive my acceptance of quebec cuz i am a residance of quebec since then no news from no one His medical is done to since last year in august 2015 can some one plz help me out here end tell me if they Know what is goin on whit golden box we-have kids invovle here i can not be momy dady on the end Sami time this is to much for me its very hard to see your husbend craying end tell u well _him_ be home very soon. end say la même thing to the kids dady well be home soon end Then I hold down my pilows a night weekend cry ask asking my self what the hell am i telling em i dont Eving know wen exactly he is coming all my fills are done sice last They recived years or papers in October 23 december i have ben aligable sponcer to January 4, 2016 in London leading end Then What shoulds atlice-have a feed back gold Any news or a letter or something i am going crazy over here :'( :( :( :(

madoFaisal

Jun 17, 2016
madoFaisal said:
Hi my husband was here in Canada His status Was deportation His mother got very silk he really wanted to go see her .End he did ..we-have one child togeher That is 2 years old end we-have a share costety whit His older her since he left from canada in 2014-06 i had to cancel His papers from inside canada end to start all over again from outside of Canada it Took us 10 months to fixed Almost His papers cuz in Pakistan Where He was he dint hve a identety more we-have a layer purpose here i dont think she can do anything about it i take care of the kids alone work like crazy to supporting my family its very hard Where he is most threatening its very end here we re Suffering a lot. Any how His ben filed send to the London office in 04/01/2016 i try So Many Times i can reach em i try to stay possitive whit whit the kids my husbend he is Suffering so are we here the older one he is 10 he is not consatrating at school That well make second year falling again i recive my acceptance of quebec cuz i am a residance of quebec since then no news from no one His medical is done to since last year in august 2015 can some one plz help me out here end tell me if they Know what is goin on whit golden box we-have kids invovle here i can not be momy dady on the end Sami time this is to much for me its very hard to see your husbend craying end tell u well _him_ be home very soon. end say la même thing to the kids dady well be home soon end Then I hold down my pilows a night weekend cry ask asking my self what the hell am i telling em i dont Eving know wen exactly he is coming all my fills are done sice last They recived years or papers in October 23 december i have ben aligable sponcer to January 4, 2016 in London leading end Then What shoulds atlice-have a feed back gold Any news or a letter or something i am going crazy over here :'( :( :( :(

zgembo

May 31, 2016
Hello everybody, so this is what Document checklist states:

PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members, proof of completion of the upfront medical
examination from the Panel

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - You and each of your family members must complete
their own copy of this form.

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
You must submit original police certificates of good conduct or clearances from each country in
which you and each of your family members aged 18 years or over have resided six continuous
months or more since reaching18 years of age. You must attach the original police certificate(s)
to the application

What is confusing for me is what they mean as "family member" ? Are those family members brothers and parents, or dependent children? Since my wife s the only one who is applying for permanent visa, do her brothers and parents (they are not coming to Canada) also need to do police check and medical examination? Thank you very much

stuckduck

Feb 5, 2015
I have a question about question 5 of the requested items to obtain a police certifcate for my wife who is a Citizenv of mexicov living in Canada. "5. Quote your file number, your name, and date of birth"
What is my file number? On the emails we've received we have a uci number and a application number. Is it one of these? Should I just include both to be sure? Thanks

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stuckduck said:
I have a question about question 5 of the requested items to obtain a police certifcate for my wife who is a Citizenv of mexicov living in Canada. "5. Quote your file number, your name, and date of birth"
What is my file number? On the emails we've received we have a uci number and a application number. Is it one of these? Should I just include both to be sure? Thanks
your application number is your file number .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
zgembo said:
What is confusing for me is what they mean as "family member" ? Are those family members brothers and parents, or dependent children? Since my wife s the only one who is applying for permanent visa, do her brothers and parents (they are not coming to Canada) also need to do police check and medical examination? Thank you very much
Her parents and siblings are not considered family members for the purposes of this application.

Mariechan

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
19-08-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:23-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:27-06-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
zgembo said:
Hello everybody, so this is what Document checklist states:

PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
Include for yourself and each of your family members, proof of completion of the upfront medical
examination from the Panel

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - You and each of your family members must complete
their own copy of this form.

POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
You must submit original police certificates of good conduct or clearances from each country in

which you and each of your family members aged 18 years or over have resided six continuous
months or more since reaching18 years of age. You must attach the original police certificate(s)
to the application

From my personal opinion, family members refers to those person/s included in the application form and Will accompany the principal applicant to canada, also to those person/s that included in the application form and will not accompany the principal applicant but wishes to go to canada in due time. Best example: Dependant child, adopted child.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.
madoFaisal said:
HI there, i understand how u feel, its not easy taking care of kids all by yourself and waiting endlessly for daddy to arrive.

However , i am sure there is progress on your application, you have been approved as a sponsor and his file has been sent to the Visa Office in London since January. Thats positive. only thing now is, u have to just hold on for sometime, because there is no way u or anyone can make the application process any faster. The VO will have to check and verify anything and everything they need to.

If u check the timeline for London VO, its 14 months ... SO u will calculate from the time u applied but the good news is most VOs don't take exactly that time to finish an application, i can't promise but if there are no red flags on the application, it should be concluded before 14 months.

And the way these VOs work, they won't contact u if they don't need anything from u, u just have to wait.

Lets hope he will get his visa before his medical expires in August. And if thats d case, just two more months.

Hang in Tight and pray!!!

Sweetie pie

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2013
AOR Received.
May 22, 2013 Aip May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
May 26, 2014 Kingston
Med's Request
May 27, 2014
Med's Done....
june 12, 2014 lc2 kit receive june 12, 2014 june 25 kit send
Interview........
January 5, 2015 got interveiw date
LANDED..........
January 13, 2015
Hi, i am sponsoring my son that is 17yrs old do i fill up the generic form for him , what about the family info form and background declaration form? some form say if you are 18 and older please help.