Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
getglad said:
Hi, everyone

I received SA today for my Australian partner and we are currently living together in Australia. His application is being processed in Ottawa rather than Sydney though. Is that weird? I have added our timeline to the 2016 outland spreadsheet.. Looks like Ottawa is pretty quick right now ;D
No, it's not odd. It's been happening often lately. Congratulations on having your application sent to Ottawa!

MsCyn

Jan 21, 2013
VANCOUVER BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Request
27-04-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Interview........
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-08-2018
Ok so, I've found a way out to get the Police Certificate from China which takes 2 months to process... but I have yet to decide when to get it because I'm lost I don't know where to start. Though I have completed most of the application forms online.

So, my situation right now is I reside in Jakarta with my husband who is a Canadian citizen from Quebec. Both of us are running a business in Indonesia. He does not have any income in Canada or Indonesia because the business and income are under my name.
He will need to prove that he can provide a living for both of us once I am granted a PR. We both do not have any property in Canada (not yet) and he does not have a "secured" job waiting when we go back. Our plan is if I get a PR, we go back, get a place to live and obviously a job. He still have his belongings in Quebec at his parents house and an active bank account. We do not plan to land in Quebec because it looks really complicated so we're thinking of settling in Vancouver, BC.

How do I explain my situation? Are we like supposed to make an essay or something explaining my situation? Anyone has been through this or currently experiencing the same thing?

Help!

Thank you.

BonManush

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
13-Nov-2015, SA: 27-Nov-2015, AOR2: 01-Dec-2015
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2015
Med's Request
06-Jun-2016 (re-medical)
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-Jul-2016
LANDED..........
14-Aug-2016
MsCyn said:
Ok so, I've found a way out to get the Police Certificate from China which takes 2 months to process... but I have yet to decide when to get it because I'm lost I don't know where to start. Though I have completed most of the application forms online.

So, my situation right now is I reside in Jakarta with my husband who is a Canadian citizen from Quebec. Both of us are running a business in Indonesia. He does not have any income in Canada or Indonesia because the business and income are under my name.
He will need to prove that he can provide a living for both of us once I am granted a PR. We both do not have any property in Canada (not yet) and he does not have a "secured" job waiting when we go back. Our plan is if I get a PR, we go back, get a place to live and obviously a job. He still have his belongings in Quebec at his parents house and an active bank account. We do not plan to land in Quebec because it looks really complicated so we're thinking of settling in Vancouver, BC.

How do I explain my situation? Are we like supposed to make an essay or something explaining my situation? Anyone has been through this or currently experiencing the same thing?

Help!

Thank you.
Sponsor does not need to have a income to sponsor spouse. It helps to write up an "essay" to explain your situations.

cisbra

Jun 14, 2016
Leon said:
Yes, that is absolutely true but as we know, immigration sometimes refuses cases based on bogus reasons. If the PR in question had sponsored his spouse for PR and immigration finds out, possibly when trying to contact him that he has actually been outside Canada for the last few months, they will likely deny his application based on him not residing in Canada. Legally he might still be residing in Canada and of course he can appeal but I'm only saying, maybe you are better off trying to avoid having to appeal. It is safer to make short trips only so that the visa officer will have no doubt that the person is residing in Canada and not leave it up to the visa officers definition of how long you can be away to still be considered a resident.
Hi All,
i came onto this forum exactly for this question about PR spousaal sponsorship while outside.
and i got my answer in 2 mn. Thanks so much for this.
Thanks Leon for taking time for this post.

kyledoyle14

Mar 1, 2016
I have a question I hope can be answered by someone.
I left Germany end of April. Sent my PR application in around end of April to Mississauga. I am in Canada until end of August but my PR application is on the final stage in Vienna. I just updated my file with my address in Canada and they told me to speak to CPC Ottawa.

Will they cause any delays? Should I phone there? I stated in my application I spent most of my summers in Canada with friends and family as we own a house here in Ontario.

Thanks for the help

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kyledoyle14 said:
I have a question I hope can be answered by someone.
I left Germany end of April. Sent my PR application in around end of April to Mississauga. I am in Canada until end of August but my PR application is on the final stage in Vienna. I just updated my file with my address in Canada and they told me to speak to CPC Ottawa.

Will they cause any delays? Should I phone there? I stated in my application I spent most of my summers in Canada with friends and family as we own a house here in Ontario.

Thanks for the help
There's no number to call. Who told you to speak to CPC Ottawa? Do you need a visa to enter canada? Aren't German nationals visa exempt? If so, then it won't matter. you won't need to send your physical passport to the visa office, they will only need a copy. The COPR will be mailed to you by regular mail to the address in the file. It may or may not get updated correctly and it could get sent to the address in your home country.

If you do require a visa, then your PPR instructions may give you an option to send the passport to ottawa if you are in Canada for more than 3 months at the time of request. Otherwise, it will need to go through your normal visa office. Whether or not this actually causes a delay, is anyone's guess.

kyledoyle14

Mar 1, 2016
Correct, there is no number to call. Vienna embassy told me they are in the final stages of my application. I emailed them back and said I am currently in Canada and they said to contact Ottawa. I switched my mailing address to Ontario yesterday on the online portal.

I do not need a visa to enter Canada. I am just very confused on what I must do now... HELP :eek:

So should I send the scanned copy of passport to Ottawa or Vienna? See below I wrote replies in red. Thanks in advance

This is what I received via email from Vienna....my replies are in red

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Before it can be finalized, you must follow the instructions below within 30 days of the date of this letter.
Please include a copy of the first page of this letter with your submission.
Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly. Your application will be finalized at the visa office in Vienna. If you have any questions after reading the information and instructions, please contact us at vienn-visa@international.gc.ca.

1. Change in your Family Composition
You must notify CPC-Ottawa in writing if there has been or will be changes in your life circumstances before using your visas, such as:
A. Family status (e.g. marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation, birth, adoption, death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member, including grandchildren born to dependent children); or
B. You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence; or
C. Changes to mailing address/e-mail address/contact information. Switched this online yesterday

Failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may delay processing, may result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas and may render you and your family members inadmissible to Canada. Failure to inform CIC of additional dependent family members may permanently exclude them from being eligible under a sponsorship in the Family Class later on.

2. Validity of your Immigrant Visa and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document
The issuance of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document is time sensitive so it is important for you to act quickly upon receipt of this letter. Please note that the validity of your Confirmation of Permanent Residence is limited by the validity of your medical results or the validity of your passport (or of one of your accompanying dependent), whichever is shortest.

Once you receive your Confirmation of Permanent Residence document, please check the information on it to make sure it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform the Canadian Embassy in Vienna immediately and we will confirm if reprinting is necessary. Please note that CIC used precise guidelines to record names in its database.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. Once issued, the validity of the Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application will be successful.

3. Final Steps Before Printing your Immigration Documents
Our records indicate that you are a citizen from a country described in paragraph 190(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations or have a travel document described in paragraph 190(2)(c) to (f) of the Regulations, thus allowing you to travel to Canada without an immigrant counterfoil. As such, only a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document will be sent to you. Nevertheless, you are still required to bring the same valid passport that you indicated in your application when you travel to Canada.

All passports used to immigrate to Canada should be valid for a minimum of six months. Please note that Diplomatic, Official or Military passports cannot be used to immigrate to Canada.

A. Pay your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), if applicable.
Before a Confirmation of Permanent Residence can be printed, principal applicants (with some exceptions) and their spouse or common-law partner accompanying them to Canada must pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). Non-accompanying spouse or common-law partner, dependent children of a principal applicant or a sponsor, child to be adopted, orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild and protected persons (such as refugees) are not required to pay this fee.
If you have not already paid this fee, you can find instructions on how to pay this fee at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=perm. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?cat=perm
DONE

B. Two Passport-sized photographs
On January 1st, 2016, the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship (IRCC) has updated its requirements for official photos. If your photos do not match the requirements listed at the following address, you must provide us with new photos matching these specifications for you and any accompanying dependents: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf.

Did this with my original application back in April 2016. Do they need more photos now??

C. Updated Copy of your Passport/Travel Document
If you or an accompanying family member has changed passport since you submitted your application, you must provide us with an updated copy.

Nothing has changed

D. Confirm your mailing address
This step is particularly important if you have moved since you submitted your application or if you have a representative who has been receiving all of your correspondence, but now wish to have your immigration documents sent directly to you.

Did this online yesterday

E. Report Back to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna, Austria
If you need to send us physical documents (such as passport-sized photos), please respond to this letter by mail by using one of the following options along with all of the documentation required (photos, copy of RPRF receipt, copy of passport, etc.):

a) By Registered mail
Send your passport directly to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna at the following address:
Immigration Section
Embassy of Canada
Laurenzerberg 2/III
1010 Vienna Austria

If you do not provide a pre-paid return envelope from a private courier company, our office will return your documents by regular mail. Please note that the Embassy of Canada is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.

b) By Private Courier
If you choose this option, we strongly recommend that you supply a pre-paid commercial courier coupon for us to return your documents. Ensure that all the required information is completed on the pre-paid commercial courier coupon to allow us to return your document to you:
Ø Include your full mailing address in the "Deliver To" field
Ø Place the address of the Canadian Embassy in Vienna in the “Return Address” field:
Immigration Section
Embassy of Canada
Laurenzerberg 2/III
1010 Vienna

Ø Your account details

Once you have arranged the pre-paid pick-up with the commercial courier service, the commercial courier company must contact our section by e-mail (vienn-visa@international.gc.ca) in order to organize the pick-up of your envelope.

If you do not provide a pre-paid return envelope, our office will return your documents by regular mail. Please note that the Embassy of Canada is not responsible for any items lost in the mail.

4. The Return of your Passport and Immigration Documents
Your immigration documentation will be mailed out to you within approximately seven days from the date that the Canadian Embassy in Vienna receives the missing items via the transmission method you selected. Your immigration documentation will be returned to the mailing address we have in our records, unless instructed otherwise.

Yours truly,

Visa Office
Embassy of Canada
Laurenzerberg 2, (3rd floor)
1010 Vienna
Austria
Email: vienn-visa@international.gc.ca
http://visa.kanada.at

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kyledoyle14 said:
Correct, there is no number to call. Vienna embassy told me they are in the final stages of my application. I emailed them back and said I am currently in Canada and they said to contact Ottawa. I switched my mailing address to Ontario yesterday on the online portal.

I do not need a visa to enter Canada. I am just very confused on what I must do now... HELP :eek:

So should I send the scanned copy of passport to Ottawa or Vienna?

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. Before it can be finalized, you must follow the instructions below within 30 days of the date of this letter.
Please include a copy of the first page of this letter with your submission.
Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly. Your application will be finalized at the visa office in Vienna. If you have any questions after reading the information and instructions, please contact us at vienn-visa@international.gc.ca.
It seems pretty clear they want you to send the copy of your passport to VIENNA. the ONLY time they mentioned Ottawa is when they refer to change in circumstances, which do not apply in your situation. The letter states your application is being finalized in VIENNA and all the instructions regarding your passport are about VIENNA, so your COPR will be issued by VIENNA. I would recommend having someone keep an eye out at your home address in germany for the COPR. Even though you changed your address online, it may or may not change correctly on their end. CIC has been known to send COPR's to previous addresses.

if you already submitted your pictures per the new requirements, then they don't need new ones. the letter sent is a form letter, so not everything will be relevant to your application.

kyledoyle14

Mar 1, 2016
Okay Thanks for the help. I will send the copies to Vienna.

Do I need to send all pages of my German passport or just the main page?

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kyledoyle14 said:
Okay Thanks for the help. I will send the copies to Vienna.

Do I need to send all pages of my German passport or just the main page?

Thanks
from what i can tell, it doesn't look like anything is needed, since they already have a copy of your passport. if you want to send them something, then send the bio page of the passport. it is quite common for those who are visa exempt to not have to submit a copy of their passport because it is assumed the information has not changed and the passport is valid for more than 6 mo. please read the instructions again carefully to be sure.

dimigago

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Hello everyone!
My app is received in February and I got first AOR and a 2nd AOR a few days ago, does anybody know what is the next step, or am I close to the first decision?
Thanks! :)

Demarcomechtatel

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2016
AOR Received.
SA: 26-07-2016
File Transfer...
VO started processing: 01-08-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Was not required
Passport Req..
13-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2017
When CIC is asking to pay visa fees?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Demarcomechtatel said:
When CIC is asking to pay visa fees?
You'll need to be a lot more specific. What have you applied for and which fees are you referring to?

walesme

Jun 14, 2016
ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS TIME LINE PLEASE. NO SA APPROVED YET AND ITS MORE THAN 43 DAYS

SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION STATUS: IN PROCESS
1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXX on March 22, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 20, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on April 19, 2016.

PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION STATUS : IN PROCESS
1. We received XXXXX application for permanent residence on March 22, 2016.
2. We started processing XXXX application on May 18, 2016.
3 .Medical results have been received.

ANYONE IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION AND NO UPDATE ON ECAS FOR THE PAST ONE MONTH

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
walesme said:
ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS TIME LINE PLEASE. NO SA APPROVED YET AND ITS MORE THAN 43 DAYS

SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION STATUS: IN PROCESS
1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXX on March 22, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 20, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on April 19, 2016.

PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION STATUS : IN PROCESS
1. We received XXXXX application for permanent residence on March 22, 2016.
2. We started processing XXXX application on May 18, 2016.
3 .Medical results have been received.

ANYONE IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION AND NO UPDATE ON ECAS FOR THE PAST ONE MONTH
I answered your question in another thread.