14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
Aquakitty said:
If the child is Canadian, you could add him to the form. You don't have to get a medical for him. If you 100% want to leave him off the list then yes, a paternity test is the only way.

I think it's better just to have that done now so she(the mother) can't cause problems later. But if it turns out to be his child then he'd need to put him on the form.
thank you, I think we will just add the child and explain why we had not added the name its easier this way.

ananyaram

Star Member
May 29, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/02/2016
Doc's Request.
YES
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
no
please let me know seniors any one faced this situation

am sponsering pr for my wife , its in sa stage recived aor1 may21st when i sent sponsership aplication she was in india , at that time i checked ecas online address was indian address at that time she is now in usa on b2 visa and recently got admition from usa visa and applied to change of status its in process based on this information she applied viisitn visa to canada after applied visitor visa online from usa now address is changed to usa both mailing and home address but no one did nt update request for this automatically changed to usa addrss is it anyproblm for pr application? bcoz at that time she was in india and submitted indian pcc only now she moved to usa 1 mnth back does she submit usa pcc now? or latr she changed to indian addrss ? one more doubt is when indian address reflectin in ecas was only left side shows now usa address showin two side both left n right wht does it mean

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheisoptimistic said:
if my husband has been here out of status for so 5+ years, on his background declaration form do we just put
unemployed since he's been working cash jobs for so long.. don't wanna get any employer in a trouble but at the same time won't they be thinking he's been here for so long must be working somewhere ?
You must be completely honest about everything. Disclose the fact that he's worked without authorization, because that will not cause his PR to be denied. CIC is very generous about this (shockingly) but one thing that is not tolerated is misrepresentation.

Be more concerned about your husband, than an employer.

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
29-APR-2016 / AIP 14-JUL-2016
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
Ponga said:
You must be completely honest about everything. Disclose the fact that he's worked without authorization, because that will not cause his PR to be denied. CIC is very generous about this (shockingly) but one thing that is not tolerated is misrepresentation.

Be more concerned about your husband, than an employer.
you're right!
Thanks, I'm guessing they don't care where if you name those places
just the fact that your honest?

puffydread06

Jun 8, 2016
i recieved this notification when i checked the cic website but im not sure what this means.. is my wife closer to getting her pr now?
her application is in process but this is the msg it says.

Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 14, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 21, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on February 22, 2016.
4.Medical results have been received.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
puffydread06 said:
i recieved this notification when i checked the cic website but im not sure what this means.. is my wife closer to getting her pr now?
her application is in process but this is the msg it says.

Permanent Residence
1.We received your application for permanent residence on December 14, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 21, 2016.
3.We started processing your application on February 22, 2016.
4.Medical results have been received.
Yes, it means she's one step closer to her PR. This means they have started processing her overall application, but it doesn't indicate how much work they've done. I would suggest ordering notes: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp If you google search how to order GCMS notes you'll find how to order what you need.

puffydread06

Jun 8, 2016
if i ask for these notes will it affect my spouses application process? so far we have not been asked for any additional papers or other medicals. its the waiting that is tough to deal with, im a canadian citizen and my wifes from the philippines. we hope that she can be here soon but in the mean time we started her application for tourist visa so she can come and visit while we wait. i hope she can get the chance to visit me.

betonjara88

Jan 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 09/03/2016 SA 15/03/2016 AOR2 21/03/2016
File Transfer...
18/03/2016
Med's Done....
23/11/2015 upfront
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
14/06/2016
After I sent police clearances and schedule A, I emailed visa office to confirm if they recived my documents and this is what they replied on it:

Dear XXXX XXXX,

The documents you sent have been received. Your application in the queue for review by a visa officer.

You will be informed about the further steps in your application shortly.

Can any one tell me what this means or this is just there regular form witch they send to everyone? ???

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
sheisoptimistic said:
if my husband has been here out of status for so 5+ years, on his background declaration form do we just put
unemployed since he's been working cash jobs for so long.. don't wanna get any employer in a trouble but at the same time won't they be thinking he's been here for so long must be working somewhere ?
This is from CIC site..http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=192&top=17

They are pretty good but there a possibility they may not be...and as a Canadian who has been going through this process since 2009 with my husband, I am not impressed that your husband had been working in Canada "under the table"..Has he been paying taxes? how has he been getting medical services?...your situation is the reason why us honest people have such a tough time with the immigration process..and as for his employer..if they have been paying him cash they should be in trouble...this means they have not been contributing to medical services, taxes etc and they should be in trouble...I don't mean to be a hag but all the time money and tears we and many other people have gone
through and your worried about his employer...what about the burden on Canadian economics?...Be honest or it will be worse for you if they find out the truth and I am sorry if you have young kids but I hope they do find out you have been cheating the system..

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Totally agree with your statements

The UE is any legal business activity that is unreported or under-reported for tax purposes. This can include failing to file returns or omitting an entire business activity, also referred to as “moonlighting” or working “off the books.” The UE also includes under-reporting income received, such as “skimming” a portion of business income, bartering, or failing to report a portion of employment income such as tips and gratuities. There are many other names used to describe the UE, including the shadow economy, the cash economy, and the unobserved economy.

Think about it…

Operating in cash and failing to keep records does not make you immune to taxes. If your lifestyle is not in line with the income you report, and you cannot explain the difference, the CRA can assess taxes based on indirect or alternate methods of calculating your income.

Evading taxes is illegal and can result in criminal convictions leading to fines and jail time in addition to any taxes and penalties owing under the Income Tax Act and Excise Tax Act.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/gncy/lrt/lrn-mr-eng.html

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
Sunset0505 said:
This is from CIC site..http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=192&top=17

They are pretty good but there a possibility they may not be...and as a Canadian who has been going through this process since 2009 with my husband, I am not impressed that your husband had been working in Canada "under the table"..Has he been paying taxes? how has he been getting medical services?...your situation is the reason why us honest people have such a tough time with the immigration process..and as for his employer..if they have been paying him cash they should be in trouble...this means they have not been contributing to medical services, taxes etc and they should be in trouble...I don't mean to be a hag but all the time money and tears we and many other people have gone
through and your worried about his employer...what about the burden on Canadian economics?...Be honest or it will be worse for you if they find out the truth and I am sorry if you have young kids but I hope they do find out you have been cheating the system..
cool,
but you don't know the way I feel about his working illegally so you giving your opinion as though you feel
in my heart I think it's ok. I don't feel what he did working illegally was right, I never have. But you can't stop someone from doing something as a grown man can you? No.
and my child is dead btw, there was no need to be an ass about it.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
sheisoptimistic said:
cool,
but you don't know the way I feel about his working illegally so you giving your opinion as though you feel
in my heart I think it's ok. I don't feel what he did working illegally was right, I never have. But you can't stop someone from doing something as a grown man can you? No.
and my child is dead btw, there was no need to be an ass about it.
My heart goes out to you regarding your child, I do not wish a child's death on my worst enemy..If this is your husband then you are just as much responsible for taxes as he is....you have been reaping the benefits of 5 years of tax free money...Me as a Canadian and the rest of the Canadians have missed the taxes that help support our medical system, our roads and infrastructure not only you and your husband/partner but his employer...If you didn't like him working illegally 5 years ago you should have taken the proper steps to fix it...you even had 90 days to make the correction..You and him have broken a lot of laws..not only immigration laws but tax laws. You and your partner make the rest of us and in some cases who have invested every last penny into getting here angry...if you are looking for sympathy for breaking laws...taking 100% advantage of untaxed money for FIVE years you have come to the wrong place...I have sat and cried many a night waiting for CIC since 2009 to determine my future and you want to know how to make this better?...go back and pay your taxes for the last 5 years....and take the medicine CIC gives you...

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Coszima said:
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I would really need some advice regarding my current situation: I came to Canada on a tourist visa that is about to expire in a week. Got married with a Canadian citizen and prepared my application for spousal sponsorship + work permit - inland. I had no idea that CIC requires a marriage certificate ( not other type of document) that will be issued by the registrar in few weeks. So I mailed a letter to the authorities and explained why I need the certificate asap and I am about to receive it in 10 days. Unfortunately , my tourist visa will be expired for 7 to 10 days when I'm gonna send my application to CIC.
Do you have any idea how this may affect my application or if I will still be able to qualify for implied status?
Also, I have documents stating that I'm currently in negotiations with a Canadian company for a job offer, same company I used to work in my home country, but diferent subsidiary. Will this count for speeding up my work permit?

Please do apologize my clumsiness if I've posted this under wrong category or if the same situation had been discussed already. As I said, I'm new here and a lil scared about the consequences of me overstaying my visa.

Thank you very much for your time and advices.
C.
If you still have status, apply to extend your stay. Otherwise you will be out of status and will not qualify for the OWP until you receive approval in principle (17 months from now).

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
Sunset0505 said:
My heart goes out to you regarding your child, I do not wish a child's death on my worst enemy..If this is your husband then you are just as much responsible for taxes as he is....you have been reaping the benefits of 5 years of tax free money...Me as a Canadian and the rest of the Canadians have missed the taxes that help support our medical system, our roads and infrastructure not only you and your husband/partner but his employer...If you didn't like him working illegally 5 years ago you should have taken the proper steps to fix it...you even had 90 days to make the correction..You and him have broken a lot of laws..not only immigration laws but tax laws. You and your partner make the rest of us and in some cases who have invested every last penny into getting here angry...if you are looking for sympathy for breaking laws...taking 100% advantage of untaxed money for FIVE years you have come to the wrong place...I have sat and cried many a night waiting for CIC since 2009 to determine my future and you want to know how to make this better?...go back and pay your taxes for the last 5 years....and take the medicine CIC gives you...
maybe I should have been more specific about what I said.. if you read my question over within the comment I said he's been here for 5+ years that's not to say he's been working under the table the entire time.
I have been supporting him most of the time he's been here .. but he has taken a few jobs here an there that lasted a few months. I just wanted to know what I was to put on the paperwork for this, which I have disclosed those months of work. I myself am a Canadian woman so most of what you've said is true in terms of taxes for those who work for long periods of time even years and evade paying taxes, but this is not my husbands case.
I did not come to this forum for sympathy by any means but, specifically looking for an opinion from someone who has been in the same situation, just like everyone else, not so much a judgemental answer looking down on those who have done things another way other than themselves.
You have no idea of people's situations an why they choose to leave the country from which they were born, maybe they are escaping death.. you don't know. so sometimes being a little cautious of your words is necessary.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
Come on people! Keep these forums only to help each other not to fight or argue about things that happened in the past. No one has a right to judge anyone unless they have really been in their shoes, so keep ur snarly comments to yourselves!