+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Achilles123

Jan 8, 2016
Hi members,

I have a query regarding change of circumstances as part of ppr email.

One of the item is "Birth of a child and/or pregnancy (please provide expected date of confinement)"

My wife is currently pregnant ( 3 months), will this information cause any delay in getting the one time landing visa due to this, or is this just for information.

Is it wise to inform CIC right away or not to. I am afraid of any delays due to the same.

Could you please suggest with any advice.

Thanks

Faolchu

Star Member
Aug 3, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
I have my confirmation of receipt since December 2015 of my inland application, also received my open work permit last month.how long for the next stages all going good? I'm been sponsored through my commonnlaw spouse under the family program.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
I have sent my PR & OWP application a few week ago. Now I need to apply also for tourist visa (change my current IEC work visa to visitor, In Canada).
I haven't got any answer from CIC yet about PR application, so what you suggest to tell in visitor visa application about a reason to stay?
I have read it could be good to tell truth that I want to stay in Canada with my husband during PR process. But I don't have yet proof about it than receipt about payments.
Have anyone experience about this?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rmv said:
I have sent my PR & OWP application a few week ago. Now I need to apply also for tourist visa (change my current IEC work visa to visitor, In Canada).
I haven't got any answer from CIC yet about PR application, so what you suggest to tell in visitor visa application about a reason to stay?
I have read it could be good to tell truth that I want to stay in Canada with my husband during PR process. But I don't have yet proof about it than receipt about payments.
Have anyone experience about this?
When does your IEC work permit actually expire?

The OWP that you included with the Inland application gives you Implied Status as a visitor, so there's no need to now apply for visitor status.

As long as neither the OWP or inland application are returned
, because of an error on your part (incomplete payment, missing/outdated form(s) or signature(s)) and you still had legal status on the day that CIC received everything, you'll be fine.

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Ponga said:
When does your IEC work permit actually expire?

The OWP that you included with the Inland application gives you Implied Status as a visitor, so there's no need to now apply for visitor status.

As long as neither the OWP or inland application are returned
, because of an error on your part (incomplete payment, missing/outdated form(s) or signature(s)) and you still had legal status on the day that CIC received everything, you'll be fine.
IEC work permit will expire in July. That's is what I fear, that our application will be returned because we did one mistake; sent civil marriage statement instead certificate. We called to CIC and they said it's okay we can send it also after with explanation and with UCI number. We did it yesterday but I have a huge lack of trust when it's about CIC. So I really want to apply also visitor visa to avoid going alone to my home country.

kau

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Family/Spousal Sponsorshp
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 April 2016
AOR Received.
4 May 2016
Med's Done....
29 March 2016
canadafsw2015 said:
12th Feb 2016 applicant
NDVO
DM over the weekend..checked today...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Am I dreaming??
Congratulations.. What are your credentials?

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Hi Everyone!

May tanong lang ako sa mga nakapag-ayos na ng mga papers. Isasama ko ba sa initial application ko na ipapadala yung Medical ng asawa ko? and How much ang processing fees? Mag-uumpisa pa lang kasi kami ng asawa ko mag-ayos nung proof of relationship namin and can anyone giude kung pwede Black and White printed on a bond paper? (together with all the required captions). Sana Matulungan niyo ako kasi medyo lost ako sa dami ng information na nakalagay sa site ng CIC.

Thank you so much!

Anna

dolly0530

Star Member
May 1, 2016
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Mania VCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-16
AOR Received.
11-06-2016 AOR2: 29-07-16
File Transfer...
07-25-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2016 Status: PASSED
Medical ng principal applicant po ang ipapass sa pagkakaalam ko..yung processing fee, spouse ko yung ng ayad nung skin pero as far as i know 1090 ata yun..goodluck...hope this helps..godbless

Skye2014

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
File Transfer...
08-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
Not hoping for this one
Passport Req..
Hopefully very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully very soon
LANDED..........
Hopefully very soon
HI,

Need your opinion on this one, CIC requested for additional original documents to establish my identity like secondary permanent school record, I sent them a certified true copy of the said document while I was obtaining the original copy, question; should I send them the original copy (which I have now) or wait for CIC's advise if they still require it?

i still have two weeks before the 30 days ends

thanks

ankrish

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
24-02-2017
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
File Transfer...
22-06-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
dolly0530 said:
Medical ng principal applicant po ang ipapass sa pagkakaalam ko..yung processing fee, spouse ko yung ng ayad nung skin pero as far as i know 1090 ata yun..goodluck...hope this helps..godbless
Thank you!
Principal Aplicant, which means, Asawa ko? ako kasi yung nandito sa Canada kaya ako yung mag-ssponsor sa kanya and yun 1,090 ba na yun is CAD?

Salamat ulit!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ankrish said:
Thank you!
Principal Aplicant, which means, Asawa ko? ako kasi yung nandito sa Canada kaya ako yung mag-ssponsor sa kanya and yun 1,090 ba na yun is CAD?
If you aren't going to post in English, I suggest you post in one of the several Tagalog threads.

irritated

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Hi guys i hope someone on this can answer my question an application for family class was submitted in 2014 my spouse also submitted a statement to let immigration know he would not be sponsoring my daughter under family class now or in the future. As she was nearly 22 and classed as an adult in the uk and was refusing to have any medicals done as she had no intention of coming to Canada .This week we received two letters from immigration one saying my husband had passed on being a sponsor for me and another one addressed to me informing me of myself not meeting the requirements.Most of the following letter is all about my daughter and her medical they are still asking for one to be done i have been in contact with my daughter and she is still refusing to have one done as she is now in full time education in college and has no plans to come to canada to live as she also has a child to consider.so guys what are my options now any advice would be a great help to me :(

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Thsnk you for your reply. Unfortunately, we were unable to obtain my husband's son medical exam. It's been challenging to contact CIC as the lines are always busy. I was able to speak to an agent and was told that we should be hearing soon about our application and that we're still within the timeframe.
Although, this is all I was told we're hoping to get good news soon.
Please let me know what is your advise.
Thank you once again.

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Siempreamor said:
Thsnk you for your reply. Unfortunately, we were unable to obtain my husband's son medical exam. It's been challenging to contact CIC as the lines are always busy. I was able to speak to an agent and was told that we should be hearing soon about our application and that we're still within the timeframe.
Although, this is all I was told we're hoping to get good news soon.
Please let me know what is your advise.
Thank you once again.
By the way our application is Outland. I'm Canadian and my husband is American. It's been about almost 14 months. Our application states "permanent residency in progress".

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
irritated said:
Hi guys i hope someone on this can answer my question an application for family class was submitted in 2014 my spouse also submitted a statement to let immigration know he would not be sponsoring my daughter under family class now or in the future. As she was nearly 22 and classed as an adult in the uk and was refusing to have any medicals done as she had no intention of coming to Canada .This week we received two letters from immigration one saying my husband had passed on being a sponsor for me and another one addressed to me informing me of myself not meeting the requirements.Most of the following letter is all about my daughter and her medical they are still asking for one to be done i have been in contact with my daughter and she is still refusing to have one done as she is now in full time education in college and has no plans to come to canada to live as she also has a child to consider.so guys what are my options now any advice would be a great help to me :(
Well that's just ridiculous on both sides. Do you have a falling out with your daughter or something? Because I don't see what the big deal is to take a couple hours from her life for the exam to save you all that hassle. She can at least provide you with a notarized letter stating she refuses to have the medical exam. However, you could have just withdrawn the application and reapplied after Aug. 2014, as then she'd not be eligible for PR anyways.... I assume you are from the UK, it's usually a lot faster applying outland.

I assume you applied inland with that long wait...