+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
I just noticed that I have sent our civil marriage statement instead marriage certificate to CIC :( I have UCI and have used it in PR & OWP application, so should I just mail certificate to them and explanation with it? Or wait they possibly send whole application back or just request certificate?
This feels terrible after all hard work. And especially when also lost package tracking number so we don't even know is our application at the destination.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
sukhman88 said:
That means if I m sending through Canada post priority mail , its not the correct address.then would it be Case Processing Centre ─ Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario
L5A 4N6

Can someone help me with the correct address if i am sending through Canada post priority mail?
Yes, that's the correct address for sending through Canada Post.

Insert Quote
Hi!

I just got Married last March and I am back now here in Toronto. I would like to start the process to sponsor my husband. Can anybody tell me how did you started your application? And what are the requirements? Thank you!

Anna
This is where you start: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp There are detailed guides in this application package. It will tell you all of the requirements. Be sure to also read the country specific guide for where your husband is from, which is also in the application package. He will need a medical exam and police clearances from each country that he has lived 6+ months in.

jwnmm

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
File Transfer...
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM: 28-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt; CoPR: 02-05-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
Also there are lots of places in the Toronto area that can help you filling up the application for free. My husband lives in Mississauga so we used the Dixie-Bloor Neighbourhood Centre. She helped us fill it out, answered questions, and looked it over for any last mistakes before submission. She also helped us organize everything properly the day we were planning to submit :)

jwnmm

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
File Transfer...
04-04-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM: 28-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt; CoPR: 02-05-2016
LANDED..........
07-05-2016
phil832 said:
Hi Everyone.

Just a quick question.

Some people include their flight ticket as a proof of relationship. But did you guys really kept every flight tickets ? I threw all of them in the trash after every travel.

Is there anyway to get a these tickets or a track record back ?

Thank you
Did you receive e-mail receipts for any of your flights? Or passport stamps? You could photocopy those pages

Miching

May 5, 2016
Dear Friends,

I just came in Canada last August 30 with Permanent Resident Visa. I'm getting married back home in June and I want to sponsor my husband. I have reviewed the application forms and it says there I should submit my 12 month income statements. I am blessed to have a full time job however UI just started working last November (meaning I'm only 6 months in my work). Do you think I still need to wait until I have worked for a year? Please help. I wanted to bring him here soon.

History:
We both applied as immigrant before under the FSW class, unfortunately, his papers reached the quota for his profession. We can't get married yet that time because my Dad is also an overseas worker and we wanted him to be there when we het married, so we scheduled it this June. But I need to leave since my visa will expire.

THANK YOU AND I APPRECIATE ALL INFORMATIONS THAT YOU CAN SHARE. SUPER THANKS

phamhainguyen68

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
23-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront in Aug 2015
Interview........
Recommend Waived on 05-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016 (received on 21-06-2016)
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Miching said:
Dear Friends,

I just came in Canada last August 30 with Permanent Resident Visa. I'm getting married back home in June and I want to sponsor my husband. I have reviewed the application forms and it says there I should submit my 12 month income statements. I am blessed to have a full time job however UI just started working last November (meaning I'm only 6 months in my work). Do you think I still need to wait until I have worked for a year? Please help. I wanted to bring him here soon.

History:
We both applied as immigrant before under the FSW class, unfortunately, his papers reached the quota for his profession. We can't get married yet that time because my Dad is also an overseas worker and we wanted him to be there when we het married, so we scheduled it this June. But I need to leave since my visa will expire.

THANK YOU AND I APPRECIATE ALL INFORMATIONS THAT YOU CAN SHARE. SUPER THANKS
Hi Miching,

You are fine having been working for 6 months for the past 12 months. I was in the same situation, and this is what I did:

- Get the option C printout of last year
- Calculate the income of the last 12 preceding months before the month I was going to send the application, put the number into the application's form (financial form, I believe)
- Get a Letter of Employment from the employer. The letter has the information of how long I have been working, how much my annual salary is
- Attached above documents into the application and send it.

Hope it would help you.

PinoyInUS

May 5, 2016
rbbridge said:
Hi
I am sponsored by my husband. Due to the long application time, my passport will be expiring. So I am in the process to get a new passport. Anyone has the experience that if one gets a new updated passport, should the person contact the CIC Visa Office right away or if anyone else has any experience with change of passport due to the long duration of processing and what should one do? And if this would be a problem? or should this cause a delay.

If anyone has any experience on this topic, I would appreciate if someone can offer some insight. Thank you.
Hi,
I have the same situation. But i already changed my passport. Do i need to contact the visa office handling my case? What did you do?

Thanks!

kau

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Family/Spousal Sponsorshp
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 April 2016
AOR Received.
4 May 2016
Med's Done....
29 March 2016
Hey I got AOR1 today. When I can expect SA.

As I have send the old IMM1344. So when can I hear something about this from CIC.

nskendrovic

Mar 26, 2016
Hey guys just one last question.
So my Working holiday expieres on MAy 09. next monday.
I finally got all papers ready and i just need to add photos and 1 translation that im picking up on saturday. I plan to mail it on monday that is same day as my WH expieres and ill apply for visa extention on that day.
Question is..do i get implied status as i applied before my visa expiered or is it to late.
Also can i applie for visa extension on lets say saturday before i phisically mail in PR aplication or how does that work.
Anyone please.

Cal978

Apr 11, 2016
ankrish said:
Hi!

I just got Married last March and I am back now here in Toronto. I would like to start the process to sponsor my husband. Can anybody tell me how did you started your application? And what are the requirements? Thank you!

Anna
Congratulations on your marriage!
Page 1 of this thread will give you a good starting point. Also the CIC immigration page will help guide you through the process as there are some variables that will determine what forms and instruction guides to use.
Best wishes!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nskendrovic said:
Hey guys just one last question.
So my Working holiday expieres on MAy 09. next monday.
I finally got all papers ready and i just need to add photos and 1 translation that im picking up on saturday. I plan to mail it on monday that is same day as my WH expieres and ill apply for visa extention on that day.
Question is..do i get implied status as i applied before my visa expiered or is it to late.
Also can i applie for visa extension on lets say saturday before i phisically mail in PR aplication or how does that work.
Anyone please.
Apply NOW to change and extend your status as a visitor.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp

Siempreamor

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Unfortunately, we were unable to obtain my husband's son medical. We were only able to obtain a copy of his birth certificate as we ordered it ourselves. And so here we are into almost 14 months. Every time we call CIC they have s high number of calls and can't thru an agent. We tried requesting information from a casespecific inquiry and no response yet either. It's so stressful and frustrating right now. The unknown of status of our application as there is no update besides "permanent residency in progress".
Thank you once again for your advise.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hello, I applied common law a week ago and I just read in one forum that u can't live apart when applying common law. My partner and I live for 15months together in Uk but right now she's back to Canada and I'm back to my country. My question is this,

Before we put in the application last week we were no longer living together, she left for Canada but we are still continuing our relationship but not living together right now for almost 1 1/2months.. Will that affect our sponsorship?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
willyblue said:
Hello, I applied common law a week ago and I just read in one forum that u can't live apart when applying common law. My partner and I live for 15months together in Uk but right now she's back to Canada and I'm back to my country. My question is this,

Before we put in the application last week we were no longer living together, she left for Canada but we are still continuing our relationship but not living together right now for almost 1 1/2months.. Will that affect our sponsorship?

Obviously, you submitted an Outland application, correct?

As long as you included solid proof that you have met the requirement to be Common-Law partners (1 full year of living together) you should be fine. A couple can live apart after they have established Common-Law, as long as they are continuing the relationship.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thanks ponga. I applied Outland and we have completed our 1yrs of cohabitation. This process is something else. Other countries visa process is so much easier compare to Canada.