28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
brar0031 said:
by adding her now as my non-accompanying spouse, does affect my processing time.
Yes - CIC will have to process the additional paperwork regardless of whether she is accompanying or non-accompanying. It's pretty much the same delay if you add her as accompanying or non-accompanying.

kimmigration

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-5-2011
Med's Request
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2013
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2013 By God willing
Hi Everybody,

I would like to thank you all for this helpful forum.

And thank you very much in advance for your replies.

I am a permanent resident in Montreal, I want to apply to sponsor my Spouse, So I have some equestions:

When I apply to be a sponsor what applications I have to fill?
The confusing part is that in the website cic, they are saying that I have to complete all the immigration and sponsorship forms and send as one package to Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. but in the immigration forms they are asking for certification of selection in Quebec must be submitted with the application. So, how to have the certificate of selection before submitting the application?

Thank you again for taking the time to reply and good luck for everybody.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kimmigration said:
The confusing part is that in the website cic, they are saying that I have to complete all the immigration and sponsorship forms and send as one package to Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. but in the immigration forms they are asking for certification of selection in Quebec must be submitted with the application. So, how to have the certificate of selection before submitting the application?
Outland or inland?

Outland app: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

Inland app: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp.

Send the app without the CSQ. CIC will request it later on.

sukhman88

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront in April 2016
Please help me with following questions:
1. On Document checklist: Sponsor, #14 Photocopy of your marriage certificate , if you have a cosigner and he or she is your spouse. Should I select this? The word cosigner confuses me.

2. For principal applicant, birth certificate, ours is late registered and we have grade 10 , 12 certificate attached to it but they asked for original. Can I just send photocopies instead of original ? I have all my file ready to send , just not sure on these 2 things .
Thanks

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
sukhman88 said:
Please help me with following questions:
1. On Document checklist: Sponsor, #14 Photocopy of your marriage certificate , if you have a cosigner and he or she is your spouse. Should I select this? The word cosigner confuses me.

2. For principal applicant, birth certificate, ours is late registered and we have grade 10 , 12 certificate attached to it but they asked for original. Can I just send photocopies instead of original ? I have all my file ready to send , just not sure on these 2 things .
Thanks
1. There is no co-signer possible for spousal applications. That's only for sponsorships that need to meet an MNI. You do need to provide your marriage certificate but you check it off on the country-specific checklist from the immigration forms.

2. If they ask for originals, send the original. You don't want to be delayed by a document request for that if they decide they want it.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi friends

as per Outland application process, i am trying to apply for my spouse , she is in US
read guidline book once, its nastyyyyyyyyyyyyy

do i need to pay 2 fees

Family Class applicants – Fees

Sponsorship application (per application) 75 (this is for Spnsoring person)
Principal applicant (spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or other family member) 475 (this is for spouse to whome i am sponsoring)

total = 75+475 = 550.........right?

And this is under category of family member outside Canada class fee – Canada

thanks in advance

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
2calgary said:
hi friends

as per Outland application process, i am trying to apply for my spouse , she is in US
read guidline book once, its nastyyyyyyyyyyyyy

do i need to pay 2 fees

Family Class applicants – Fees

Sponsorship application (per application) 75
Principal applicant (spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or other family member) 475

total = 75+475 = 550.........right?

And this is under category of family member outside Canada class fee – Canada

thanks in advance
You should also pay the RPRF up front to avoid delays. If your spouse is American, the application may go very fast and you want to avoid any kind of requests. The total with the RPRF is $1040.

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquakitty said:
You should also pay the RPRF up front to avoid delays. If your spouse is American, the application may go very fast and you want to avoid any kind of requests. The total with the RPRF is $1040.
thanks alot :)

so the total would be 550 + RPRF fee...... = 1040

2calgary

Jan 21, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquakitty said:
Alongwith application i have seen people are doing medicals upfront.

How do i get medical forms and is it good to send medicals too? can i do medicals from anywhere in Chicago?
or there are designated locations? where i can find these locations?

Please dont be angry , i am bothering you guys................. :(
thanks

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
I sent off my visitor status extension a couple days ago (with tracking and signature confirmation). Do visitor status extension applications get any kind of AOR? It would be nice to know when they will "officially" receive my application and get some peace of mind that it won't be returned.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
2calgary said:
Alongwith application i have seen people are doing medicals upfront.

How do i get medical forms and is it good to send medicals too? can i do medicals from anywhere in Chicago?
or there are designated locations? where i can find these locations?

Please dont be angry , i am bothering you guys................. :(
thanks
I had the same question about medicals when I as applying. The doctor will handle everything, just call and make an appointment and ask him/her what you need to bring. There is no form for you, the doctor has it. We brought 4 photos, the passport, and an official document from the hospital because my husband had a condition 4 years ago. You must contact a doctor who is authorized and in a Panel of Physicians list. There is a link to this list in the guide for immigrant. Here it is: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

kimmigration

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-5-2011
Med's Request
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2013
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2013 By God willing
I am a permanent resident in Montreal, I want to apply to sponsor my Spouse, So I have some equestions:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kimmigration said:

Stop posting the exact same thing. I've already replied above.

Skye2014

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
File Transfer...
08-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
Not hoping for this one
Passport Req..
Hopefully very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully very soon
LANDED..........
Hopefully very soon
kimmigration said:

Hi kimmigration,

Follow the instruction on CIC website depending on whether you will apply outland or inland, first you need to fill out all the application forms (both sponsor and principal applicant), for your spouse she/he should follow the country case specific checklist (ex. if she is from Philippines, she need to follow the procedure on the Philippines checklist), after filling out all the immigration forms and gathering all the supporting documents, then submit both your application to mississauga case processing center and wait for your Sponsorship to get approved before submitting an application for the certification of selection in Quebec (CSQ).

My husband and is born canadian citizen and we live in Montreal.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

Polo21MPNP15

May 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EOI-SW: 30-04-2015
IELTS Request
Done
LANDED..........
soon:)
Hi everyone, I am about to submit an application for conjugal partnership. CIC is asking for proof like pictures, my questions are, do I need to put a caption on the back of the pictures? How will they know if the pictures are old and new?

One thing, I was divorced to american, and to prove my status is to submit my divorce certificate, my concern is that, I only have the photocopy of the "True Copy Attest" with the original letter from law firm secretary, stating that the photocopy is true and the original copy was sent to their client, my ex. Will this be sufficient to prove that I am divorced?

Thanks a lot, may we all be successful in everything we do! Good luck everyone!:) ;) ;) ;)