01-16-2016
Interview........
15-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2016
LANDED..........
19-06-2016
just a square said:
Fair enough. :) Sounds good then. Thanks!
You might want to call and ask. Because my spouse is from Eastern Europe and he had to submit fingerprints/RCMP criminal check...from Canada because he had been here over six months. We actually had to provide criminal checks from every country he had been in longer than six months. So if you are saying you were here in Canada over a year on a workpermit, that would count, even if you aren't here now.

I'd call and ask, better to provide too much information than to have your file held up because you are missing something. Or you could wait until you are asked, or submit and then start the process. Just makes it easier in my opinion. We never would have thought about getting one from other than his native country, but lawyer insisted since he had stayed in Canada longer than six months.

I could be wrong, but that is my personal experience and what we did at the lawyer's request.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ScottishPolish said:
You might want to call and ask. Because my spouse is from Eastern Europe and he had to submit fingerprints/RCMP criminal check...from Canada because he had been here over six months. We actually had to provide criminal checks from every country he had been in longer than six months. So if you are saying you were here in Canada over a year on a workpermit, that would count, even if you aren't here now.

I'd call and ask, better to provide too much information than to have your file held up because you are missing something. Or you could wait until you are asked, or submit and then start the process. Just makes it easier in my opinion. We never would have thought about getting one from other than his native country, but lawyer insisted since he had stayed in Canada longer than six months.
The vast majority of applicants who have lived in Canada do not require an RCMP check when applying for PR. It's only requested by CIC in a very small percentage of cases. Additionally, CIC does specifically state that the RCMP check is not required in their instructions. My husband was here for three years before applying for PR and did not have to supply one.

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
I just got an email from the Manila Visa Office about our application ...

"Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

You submitted photos which do not meet our current standard specifications. In order for our office to issue your visa(s) and/or Confirmation of Permanent Resident form(s), you must submit two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf.

The required photos must be submitted thru the Visa Application Centre (VAC). Find a VAC in your area at http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/.

The issuance of your visa(s) and/or Confirmation of Permanent Resident form(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your correct photos within 15 days from the date of this letter. Failure to comply within the given timeframe will lead to a delay in the processing of your application.

Sincerely,

Permanent Resident Unit "

Does this mean they are close to issuing a visa/COPR if we send in correct photos? Also, We are currently in Canada... it says we must submit the photos through the Visa Application Center... but none are listed for Canada? These are only photos of the applicant.. correct?

does anyone have any experience with this? I cant find a Visa office to send it from within canada but it says it must be sent from a visa office..

Red Wolf

Mar 15, 2016
Our application was delivered about three weeks ago. How long does it take for them to send any information back, like a case number or any confirmation at all that this is in process?

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
I just got an email from the Manila Visa Office about our application ...

"Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

You submitted photos which do not meet our current standard specifications. In order for our office to issue your visa(s) and/or Confirmation of Permanent Resident form(s), you must submit two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf.

The required photos must be submitted thru the Visa Application Centre (VAC). Find a VAC in your area at http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/.

The issuance of your visa(s) and/or Confirmation of Permanent Resident form(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your correct photos within 15 days from the date of this letter. Failure to comply within the given timeframe will lead to a delay in the processing of your application.

Sincerely,

Permanent Resident Unit "

We are currently in Canada... it says we must submit the photos through the Visa Application Center... but none are listed for Canada? How can we send the Manila visa office photos from Canada ?

does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you!

dev_123

Aug 29, 2015
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-JUNE-2015
AOR Received.
17-JULY-2015
File Transfer...
21-AUG-2015
Med's Request
Waiting like anything for this......
Med's Done....
13-APRIL-2015 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
12/10/2016
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
Hello everyone,
My timeline is:

sponsorship application status: in process

application received july 17,2015
we sent you acknowledgement on Aug 24,2015
we started processing your application on Aug 24,2015
medical results have been received. (Same has Expired on 13-April-2016) ??????????????????

I made a mistake by signing my own application as Co-signer, will it create something wrong?
What is GCMS and how I can obtain it, if anyone can guide I will appreciate.

Anyone in same duration please update me?

Thank you and Hope for best.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Hi Guys,

I received my GCMS notes yesterday....my application is rejected in 2014 I already told u guys that case is reopen in 2016 Jan after i withdrawn my appeal. After reopened, they requested to submit schedule A, police clearance and medical.

In GCMS notes shows

Eligibility passed date is 2013
Security is cancelled date 2014
Criminality not started date 2014
Medical passed updated date as 2016.

In GCMS Notes under the topic "Notes 5 " - Jan 2016 colombo officer said after receiving documents send to IPM.

And the last "Notes 1" - File to IPM

What will be the next step guys? Can anybody help me?

So can any one please give me

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
vijay1987 said:
Hi Guys,

I received my GCMS notes yesterday....my application is rejected in 2014 I already told u guys that case is reopen in 2016 Jan after i withdrawn my appeal. After reopened, they requested to submit schedule A, police clearance and medical.

In GCMS notes shows

Eligibility passed date is 2013
Security is cancelled date 2014
Criminality not started date 2014
Medical passed updated date as 2016.

In GCMS Notes under the topic "Notes 5 " - Jan 2016 colombo officer said after receiving documents send to IPM.

And the last "Notes 1" - File to IPM

What will be the next step guys? Can anybody help me?

So can any one please give me
GCMS abbreviations: IPM and DIPM
Posted by visafile.info on June 2, 2015
Application forwarded to DIPM for further assessment

Notes like the one above can appear in your GCMS report. You may see abbreviation DIPM as well as IPM in a file. What does DIPM mean? It’s simple:

IPM stands for Immigration Program Officer.
DIPM stands for Deputy Immigration Program Officer.
When you see that an application is forwarded or referred to IPM or DIPM it usually means that an officer made his or her notes in GCMS file and asked his or her supervisor to take a look at the file and the GCMS notes.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Aquakitty said:
GCMS abbreviations: IPM and DIPM
Posted by visafile.info on June 2, 2015
Application forwarded to DIPM for further assessment

Notes like the one above can appear in your GCMS report. You may see abbreviation DIPM as well as IPM in a file. What does DIPM mean? It’s simple:

IPM stands for Immigration Program Officer.
DIPM stands for Deputy Immigration Program Officer.
When you see that an application is forwarded or referred to IPM or DIPM it usually means that an officer made his or her notes in GCMS file and asked his or her supervisor to take a look at the file and the GCMS notes.
So any idea how long its gonna take now?

mimijane

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
SA 06-04-2016
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT, p/port copy req 28th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
9th September 2016
LANDED..........
18th September 2016
Red Wolf said:
Our application was delivered about three weeks ago. How long does it take for them to send any information back, like a case number or any confirmation at all that this is in process?
Hi there, it took about 5 weeks for us to receive any information from the CIC after we submitted our application. The Sponsorship Approval arrived in the mail at that point. Some folk receive an acknowledgment letter or email. I never received this, just the Sponsor approval. So, I think there's no definite answer....

sheisoptimistic

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga to Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
29-APR-2016 / AIP 14-JUL-2016
File Transfer...
05-JUL-2016
Med's Request
14-JUL-2016
Med's Done....
27-JUL-2016
Interview........
Etobicoke
Passport Req..
17-JUN-2016
Hello,

I've been eyeing this forum for quite some time now and I know it says 2015 but I am in the more current year.. I sent in a inland application for my husband and just received an email stating that they received my application on the date I sent it with the courier.
so I'm guessing what I'm waiting for next is the acceptance of me being able to sponsor him.
I made the mistake of not sending in a OWP at the same time of the application, I hope it doesn't cost me time wise.
This whole process is so nerve wrecking, my husband over stayed his visa and is considered out of status so I am staying positive through out this whole process. Fingers crossed**
Thankfully there's this forum so I don't feel like I'm the only one.

Timeline:

Application Received / March 21, 2016

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheisoptimistic said:
Hello,

I've been eyeing this forum for quite some time now and I know it says 2015 but I am in the more current year.. I sent in a inland application for my husband and just received an email stating that they received my application on the date I sent it with the courier.
so I'm guessing what I'm waiting for next is the acceptance of me being able to sponsor him.
I made the mistake of not sending in a OWP at the same time of the application, I hope it doesn't cost me time wise.
This whole process is so nerve wrecking, my husband over stayed his visa and is considered out of status so I am staying positive through out this whole process. Fingers crossed**
Thankfully there's this forum so I don't feel like I'm the only one.

Timeline:

Application Received / March 21, 2016
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2015-t255107.0.html;msg5148903#msg5148903

brar0031

Apr 29, 2016
Hello guys,
I applied my federal file for PR under provincial nominee program in May,2015. last month i visited India and get married. Do i have to include my wife in my file or i can wait for my PR and after that i will apply her file. Actually, i am on bonded work permit and i want to get PR soon, so i could somewhere else. Adding my wife in my current file will delay the process. So, my question is , Is there any cons in declaring my marital status after my PR? Additionally, i didn't get my marriage certificate in India yet, i just had the marriage ceremony. Please help me I'm in really biased situation.

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brar0031 said:
Hello guys,
I applied my federal file for PR under provincial nominee program in May,2015. last month i visited India and get married. Do i have to include my wife in my file or i can wait for my PR and after that i will apply her file. Actually, i am on bonded work permit and i want to get PR soon, so i could somewhere else. Adding my wife in my current file will delay the process. So, my question is , Is there any cons in declaring my marital status after my PR? Additionally, i didn't get my marriage certificate in India yet, i just had the marriage ceremony. Please help me I'm in really biased situation.

Thanks
Yes there is...you would be forever banned from sponsoring her. You need to declare that you are married.

She NEEDS to be added to your existing application, or at the very least listed as your non-accompanying spouse. She will need to have her medical exam, but at least you would be able to sponsor her in the future, but...adding her now is by far the best option.

brar0031

Apr 29, 2016
Ponga said:
Yes there is...you would be forever banned from sponsoring her. You need to declare that you are married.

She NEEDS to be added to your existing application, or at the very least listed as your non-accompanying spouse. She will need to have her medical exam, but at least you would be able to sponsor her in the future, but...adding her now is by far the best option.
by adding her now as my non-accompanying spouse, does affect my processing time.