TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Polo21MPNP15 said:
Can anyone here help me with my question?

I am in a conjugal partnership and about to apply and process it this quarter. I live outside Canada and my partner is in Canada. My partner is inviting me to attend his nephew's 7th birthday, and will be applying for Tourist visa. Will it affect my conjugal partner application if I happen to apply for tourist visa or vice versa? I am hoping for a quick response. Thanks a lot. :)
PR application may affect your Tourist visa , however your Tourist visa will not affect your PR bid .

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
sri0114 said:
Hi All, This is srikanth working in CTS and am a married person. I have started my process on Canada immigration
Can anyone confirm below points for me?

My plan was to apply PR for myself first, and then to my spouse after getting PR.
Is there any problem while doing this? whether any one will ask like why you haven't applied for your spouse even though you are married?

How much time will take for my spouse to get PR in this case?

Including my spouse along with my application is a better option??

Please help me..
Yes, you should be applying together. Ideally when you are primary applicant, you should have updated your status, if you are married, you would provide details of spouse too.
In this case, both of you would get processed simultaneous and get PR at same time.
if you have more questions on applying, please post your queries to main PR group.

kimmigration

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-5-2011
Med's Request
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2013
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2013 By God willing
Hi Everybody,

I would like to thank you all for this helpful forum.

And thank you very much in advance for your replies.

I am a permanent resident in Montreal, I want to apply to sponsor my Spouse, So I have some equestions:

When I apply to be a sponsor what applications I have to fill?
The confusing part is that in the website cic, they are saying that I have to complete all the immigration and sponsorship forms and send as one package to Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. but in the immigration forms they are asking for certification of selection in Quebec must be submitted with the application. So, how to have the certificate of selection before submitting the application?

Thank you again for taking the time to reply and good luck for everybody.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
xtreemboarder said:
1. Why do so many people get their medicals before mailing the first application? (According to 2016 Outland spreadsheet)

2. Our apartment leases, bank accounts, utility bills are all in Hebrew. Do we need to have these translated and notarized and by whom?

3. Do I, the sponsor, need to obtain a criminal check? As I do not reside in Canada, this may be tricky however I did have one done prior to my move to Israel about a year ago.

4. Because I left my job last year to move to Israel, my NOA for last year is shows income of approximately $30M. I haven't been working in Israel because I've been here on a tourist visa most of the time since I moved here. Most of my assets are in Real Estate in Toronto in which I have family members living in and do not generate income. I have some savings, and parents willing to assist in us moving to Canada. Will this suffice if they ask us how do we intend to support ourselves other than of course me finding work?

5. We plan to apply to Universities in Toronto as an International Student so she can begin her studies ASAP. We first plan to apply for residency however, from what I've read they are independent of each other and will not interfere. We do anticipate that there will be no issues with being accepted to school or obtaining a study permit to Canada. My question is, if we apply Outland will we have to fly back for an interview? If so, is CIC flexible on scheduling interviews so it doesn't interfere with her studies? Are we able to convert to Inland application midway through? If so, will it change the processing time significantly?
1. Because those are the rules (I'd recommend you spend time reading the instruction guide in detail). Failure to follow the application rules results in processing delays and sometimes even having your application returned as incomplete.
2. Yes - you'll need to have them translated.
3. No - you don't.
4. Yes - this will be fine.
5. Yes - the applications are independent of each other. If an interview is needed, then yes - she would have to fly back to attend. No - they won't schedule the interview at her convenience or be flexible. No - you can't convert an outland application to an inland. If you wish to switch, you have to withdraw the first application and then submit the new one (redoing all of the paperwork) and start the processing time from scratch.

sukhman88

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront in April 2016
Hello,
I am preparing file for my husband. He sent me the last page of forms with his sign. But I cant find the same paper size to print other pages of all of his forms. Can I print on A4 and cut the forms equally to match the size ? Or should I send it the way are?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
sukhman88 said:
Hello,
I am preparing file for my husband. He sent me the last page of forms with his sign. But I cant find the same paper size to print other pages of all of his forms. Can I print on A4 and cut the forms equally to match the size ? Or should I send it the way are?
I assume you are trying to match letter size to A4? For aesthetic reasons you could print them as letter size then trim the A4 (letter is slightly wider than A4 though, so the trimmed A4 will still be off) or, just buy some new paper :p

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
sukhman88 said:
Hello,
We sent a mix of A4 and letter size and so far so good. I don't think it will be an issue.

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
I'm in a little bit of a meltdown.
Me and my Canadian husband are planning to send our outland application next month. For some reason, going through document checklist, I didn't notice that I will need to provide a police certificate not only from my home country, but from Canada too (since I worked there for one year with OWP). Even though I have no criminal record, I'm not sure how long it would take me to get this certificate being outside Canada. To be honest I feel very confused where to even start on this.
Should I send our application without this document (hoping I can send it later when the application process has started) or would it be better to patiently wait until I have every single piece of document and then send all of them at once? I looked at the processing times and the idea of waiting three months longer for just one piece of paper brings me to tears.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just a square said:
I'm in a little bit of a meltdown.
Me and my Canadian husband are planning to send our outland application next month. For some reason, going through document checklist, I didn't notice that I will need to provide a police certificate not only from my home country, but from Canada too (since I worked there for one year with OWP). Even though I have no criminal record, I'm not sure how long it would take me to get this certificate being outside Canada. To be honest I feel very confused where to even start on this.
Should I send our application without this document (hoping I can send it later when the application process has started) or would it be better to patiently wait until I have every single piece of document and then send all of them at once? I looked at the processing times and the idea of waiting three months longer for just one piece of paper brings me to tears.
You do NOT need a PCC from Canada, unless CIC specifically asks you for one.

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
Ponga said:
You do NOT need a PCC from Canada, unless CIC specifically asks you for one.
at first I thought so too, but being from Eastern European region, I opened the country specific instructions (cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3902e.pdf) and it says
POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
Police certificates or clearances from each country (including each republic of the former USSR) in which you and everyone in your family aged 18 years or older have resided for six months or
more since reaching 18 years of age.

as I mentioned, I was residing in Canada for one year, therefore I should provide the PCC from Canada as well.
Although, I hope I'm wrong and you're right. :D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
just a square said:
at first I thought so too, but being from Eastern European region, I opened the country specific instructions (cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3902e.pdf) and it says
POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
Police certificates or clearances from each country (including each republic of the former USSR) in which you and everyone in your family aged 18 years or older have resided for six months or
more since reaching 18 years of age.

as I mentioned, I was residing in Canada for one year, therefore I should provide the PCC from Canada as well.
Although, I hope I'm wrong and you're right. :D
Every checklist says that.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
Fair enough. :) Sounds good then. Thanks!

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
one more question.
does it matter which marriage certificate to provide for spousal sponsorship?
because i have these options:
Small Certificate
Contains the full name of each spouse, date of marriage, place of marriage, registration number and registration date.

Frame Certificate
Contains the full name of each spouse, date of marriage, place of marriage, registration number and registration date.

Certified photocopy
Contains all of the information that appears on the original marriage registration.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
just a square said:
one more question.
does it matter which marriage certificate to provide for spousal sponsorship?
because i have these options:
Small Certificate

Frame Certificate

Certified photocopy
Contains all of the information that appears on the original marriage registration.
The region specific guide will tell you if an original marriage certificate is required. For most regions a photocopy is okay.