Interview........
09-28-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am applying through common law (inland). I received the Approval in Principle about a month ago and was asked to submit my medical as well as a police clearance from my home country. Does anyone know how long after submitting this paperwork post the approval in principle one hears back? I can imagine it depends on every application but hoping to get a ballpark. Thanks!

By the way, what's approval in principle anyways? Does it mean I'm good to go pending the paper work? Or just that I am eligible but they haven't even looked at my application yet?

Skye2014

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
File Transfer...
08-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
Not hoping for this one
Passport Req..
Hopefully very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully very soon
LANDED..........
Hopefully very soon
canuck_in_uk said:
You don't need to do anything through a representative. You need to send a Case Specific Enquiry to your VO updating your address.
Hi again canunk_in_uk,

Does it mean that if I use my address in Canada as my current mailing address CIC would mail my PPR here and I can send my passport from Canada to my VO or they would ask me to send my passport to the nearest VO where I am currently living in Canada? I also read some post that if you have a valid visa to stay in Canada for a year or more you can use and change your residential address to your current address in Canada, is it true? and do you think by doing this it wont cause any delay on my application?

Thank you so much ;)

vish549

Star Member
Jul 12, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
28-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Urgent help needed

Going to post my spose file tomorrow and have a question about Supplementry Travel Information form from India guide.

They asked how many passport have you had, including one you currently hold?
My wife changed her passport from her father name to my name. So it is her 2nd passport but privious one is canceled.

I am confuse now, what to write?? One or two??
Please guys help me asap

Thanks a lot

kimmigration

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-5-2011
Med's Request
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-Sept-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2013
LANDED..........
29-Nov-2013 By God willing
Hi Everybody,

I would like to thank you all for this helpful forum.

And thank you very much in advance for your replies.

I am a permanent resident in Montreal, I want to apply to sponsor my Spouse, So I have some equestions:

When I apply to be a sponsor what applications I have to fill?
The confusing part is that in the website cic, they are saying that I have to complete all the immigration and sponsorship forms and send as one package to Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. but in the immigration forms they are asking for certification of selection in Quebec must be submitted with the application. So, how to have the certificate of selection before submitting the application?

Thank you again for taking the time to reply and good luck for everybody.

Skye2014

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
File Transfer...
08-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-10-2015
Interview........
Not hoping for this one
Passport Req..
Hopefully very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully very soon
LANDED..........
Hopefully very soon
Hi Guys,

Just received an email from Manila VO asking me to submit additional documents:

Additional Document/Information Requirements at This Time

In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or documents:

 Other original documents establishing identity (old school records, voter ID, etc) MUST be

submitted)

Does anyone knows what school records they are referring to? Can I send a Transcript of Records? Should I send my SSS ID ? Do they return original documents? Can I also scan the documents that I will send them so they can get a copy before they receive the original documents?

Please advice, I have 30 days to send this additional documents and I am in Canada right now.

Thank you so much

dev_123

Aug 29, 2015
GUJARAT
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-JUNE-2015
AOR Received.
17-JULY-2015
File Transfer...
21-AUG-2015
Med's Request
Waiting like anything for this......
Med's Done....
13-APRIL-2015 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
12/10/2016
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
Hi all,

My wife is in Canada and I am in India.

My file is under process since 17-july and received notification mail from Delhi-Immigration on 24th-August 2015.
All forms and formalities are done by me and my wife.

1. Medical received by them as I gone through Pre-medical.
2. They have my Police verification as well.
3. They asked for RPRF on same 24-Aug-2015, which is paid.

My query is I had signed my own application as Co-signer (by mistake), is there any problem due to this?
What will be the next requirement from their end?

Thank you for your time.

2015sponsor

Apr 26, 2016
Hello Senior members,

I am new to this forum, Police certificate has expired last month, and I have obtained new police certificate...

1. How can I send the police certificate to CIC ? so my sponsorship application gets updated...

2. Upfront Medical has expired too, Shall I wait to get a response from Delhi High commission or just do another full medical exam...

Thank you for your reply

singhmik

Aug 31, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2015
Doc's Request.
05-01-2016 & 25-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
Hi everyone just needed one advice !
is it possible to add common law after Copr is issued in same application ( my passport is still with CIC, but application is approved) ?

sri0114

Apr 26, 2016
Hi All, This is srikanth working in CTS and am a married person. I have started my process on Canada immigration
Can anyone confirm below points for me?

My plan was to apply PR for myself first, and then to my spouse after getting PR.
Is there any problem while doing this? whether any one will ask like why you haven't applied for your spouse even though you are married?

How much time will take for my spouse to get PR in this case?

Including my spouse along with my application is a better option??

Please help me..

MKayes

Jan 14, 2015
Dear Seniors and Experts,

I am going to apply for my Spousal Sponsorship Application - Outland by 1st week of May.

I need some advise on the below mentioned point. Appreciate if some one cans help.

In the Sponsor Questionnaire form (for both, the sponsor and the principal application) I saw a boxed instructions quoting -

" On A Separate Sheet of Paper, provide any additional details of your current relationship
that you believe would help to prove your relationship as genuine and continuing"

My question is -

i) What CIC is expecting from this additional sheet? What should be the basic content of the additional sheet?

Expecting a good help !
Kayes

Apr 27, 2016
Hi everyone.

I am sorry to disturb but I need your expert advice, especially the ones whose sponsorships have already been granted. My husband is in the process of processing my sponsorship and currently, I am working on the immigration forms and docs checklists.

I am not sure about 2 things though:
1) Do I really need to get and provide my family's police clearances and medical exam/results, too, even if I am the only one going to Canada to join my husband? My husband says I need to, but I just wanna make sure we are doing the right thing.
2) The photos. 9 each of my family members with or without me. Just to make sure, if I have like 5 family members, that means a total of 45 pictures with all of them?

Thank you, and I hope that someone could get back to me asap. My apologies if you find my questions stupid. Haha.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
bella.bevilacqua said:
Hi everyone.

I am sorry to disturb but I need your expert advice, especially the ones whose sponsorships have already been granted. My husband is in the process of processing my sponsorship and currently, I am working on the immigration forms and docs checklists.

I am not sure about 2 things though:
1) Do I really need to get and provide my family's police clearances and medical exam/results, too, even if I am the only one going to Canada to join my husband? My husband says I need to, but I just wanna make sure we are doing the right thing.
2) The photos. 9 each of my family members with or without me. Just to make sure, if I have like 5 family members, that means a total of 45 pictures with all of them?

Thank you, and I hope that someone could get back to me asap. My apologies if you find my questions stupid. Haha.
I answered this in your thread.

AmyR

Champion Member
Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
22-09-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
27-04-2017
Med's Done....
04-05-2017
Even iam super confused about this question. I met my husband to be a week before our marriage and that too with my parents when we took him out for shopping. we were entirely in touch via internet/watsapp skype etc before we met since none of us could travel due to our jobs.

Also what do i write in who introduced us? A relative introduced our families via watsapp and skype initially..but she was not there during our first meeting since she lives abroad too :/

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! :(

xtreemboarder

Jul 2, 2015
Hey guys I've been reading the forums quite extensively but still have some unanswered questions about the application process. My partner and I currently live in Israel. I moved to Israel last year so we can finally live together after having been in a long distance relationship for about a year. My partner was unsuccessful at getting into a university she wanted in Israel and unfortunately alternate schools just don't exist in this country. Our plan is now to apply to Canadian universities and study/move to Canada permanently. I guess my questions are:

1. Why do so many people get their medicals before mailing the first application? (According to 2016 Outland spreadsheet)

2. Our apartment leases, bank accounts, utility bills are all in Hebrew. Do we need to have these translated and notarized and by whom?

3. Do I, the sponsor, need to obtain a criminal check? As I do not reside in Canada, this may be tricky however I did have one done prior to my move to Israel about a year ago.

4. Because I left my job last year to move to Israel, my NOA for last year is shows income of approximately $30M. I haven't been working in Israel because I've been here on a tourist visa most of the time since I moved here. Most of my assets are in Real Estate in Toronto in which I have family members living in and do not generate income. I have some savings, and parents willing to assist in us moving to Canada. Will this suffice if they ask us how do we intend to support ourselves other than of course me finding work?

5. We plan to apply to Universities in Toronto as an International Student so she can begin her studies ASAP. We first plan to apply for residency however, from what I've read they are independent of each other and will not interfere. We do anticipate that there will be no issues with being accepted to school or obtaining a study permit to Canada. My question is, if we apply Outland will we have to fly back for an interview? If so, is CIC flexible on scheduling interviews so it doesn't interfere with her studies? Are we able to convert to Inland application midway through? If so, will it change the processing time significantly?

Thank you guys for all your help, without this forum I'd be hiring a lawyer to do all this for us.

Polo21MPNP15

May 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EOI-SW: 30-04-2015
IELTS Request
Done
LANDED..........
soon:)
Can anyone here help me with my question?

I am in a conjugal partnership and about to apply and process it this quarter. I live outside Canada and my partner is in Canada. My partner is inviting me to attend his nephew's 7th birthday, and will be applying for Tourist visa. Will it affect my conjugal partner application if I happen to apply for tourist visa or vice versa? I am hoping for a quick response. Thanks a lot. :)