16-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
Sep-2015/ Redo medical request Oct 6th 2016
Interview........
In queue 21st June 2016/ Interview cancelled Oct 6th
Passport Req..
16-NOV-2016
IRONMAN7777 said:
Yes, that is probably the best to do. It would not do any harm. But what I didn't understand from your message is why you have a separate UCI as well? I thought you were the sponsor? I apologize if I sound confused.
HI.

I understand it's a little confusing as i was confused too. When I got the first email correspondence from CPC-M, they provided me with a UCI and an application / case number. Then, after the SA and file transfer, i got an emailing acknoledging the SA and a few days later my husband got an email from the LVO(Singapore)stating that the file is now there and in process. However, this time it had a new UCI but the same application number, which i honestly thought was quite weird...

Confusing eh..?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
The UCI is for the person, so the sponsor and applicant should have different UCI numbers. The file number should be the same however.

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ames219 said:
HI.

I understand it's a little confusing as i was confused too. When I got the first email correspondence from CPC-M, they provided me with a UCI and an application / case number. Then, after the SA and file transfer, i got an emailing acknoledging the SA and a few days later my husband got an email from the LVO(Singapore)stating that the file is now there and in process. However, this time it had a new UCI but the same application number, which i honestly thought was quite weird...

Confusing eh..?
That is a bit weird. I received an AOR and then an SA. I never actually looked carefully so I don't know if there was a different UCI in each letter because I always used the same Application/Case Number.

In that case, yes, do ask them. If you both are unable to log on to check your Husband's details, then do ask them.

Unless somebody here has a better understanding of this...?

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

i received an email from CIC about the medical instruction, i haven't done any medical exam. Im just wondering coz we haven't received any first stage approval from sponsorship and yet they gave us the medical instruction. my question are we still expecting first stage approval or whats gonna happen next after i submit my medical result?

Thank you.

ames219

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-DEC-2015
AOR Received.
04-FEB-2016
File Transfer...
16-FEB-2016
Med's Done....
Sep-2015/ Redo medical request Oct 6th 2016
Interview........
In queue 21st June 2016/ Interview cancelled Oct 6th
Passport Req..
16-NOV-2016
IRONMAN7777 said:
That is a bit weird. I received an AOR and then an SA. I never actually looked carefully so I don't know if there was a different UCI in each letter because I always used the same Application/Case Number.

In that case, yes, do ask them. If you both are unable to log on to check your Husband's details, then do ask them.

Unless somebody here has a better understanding of this...?
MilesAway said:
The UCI is for the person, so the sponsor and applicant should have different UCI numbers. The file number should be the same however.

Thanks so much! Good to hear some similarity. Thanks IRONMAN7777 I'll definitely be giving cic a call soon.

SirksSirks

Apr 8, 2016
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hello.

I am so sorry to hear about the situation you are in. I sympathize with you. It is much too dire of a situation but I'm sure there is a way out. In your current situation, you should take the steps you have the ability to take. Although I am unsure of procedures with American Citizens, let me ask you this. Is it not possible for you to make a short exit from Canada, visit the States and then return fresh? That way you are no longer overstayed. Just a question.
Hello Ironman!

Thank you so much for taking the time out to not onl respond to post on the thread, but for also reaching out on a more personal platform. (For some reason I cannot respond to your PM so I'm responding back here)

I have been reading about my options and possibilities for several hours now. All so confusing and somewhat discouraging.

To answer your question - I cannot return back home. I would have no where to go nor could I afford a plane ticket. Not only that, I have been out of status since November of 2014. I'm afraid if I leave, I won't be allowed back into Canada. Prior to moving in with my boyfriend (from Los Angeles to Ottawa) I had visited him three times. Not once did I have a problem with immigration but I had no cause for trouble because back then I would only visit my boyfriend for about a week. Now with me being out of status for so long, I don't see how I can be allowed back in.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SirksSirks said:
To answer your question - I cannot return back home. I would have no where to go nor could I afford a plane ticket. Not only that, I have been out of status since November of 2014. I'm afraid if I leave, I won't be allowed back into Canada. Prior to moving in with my boyfriend (from Los Angeles to Ottawa) I had visited him three times. Not once did I have a problem with immigration but I had no cause for trouble because back then I would only visit my boyfriend for about a week. Now with me being out of status for so long, I don't see how I can be allowed back in.
You may not have any other option. Marriage will not allow you to stay in Canada.

Normally, the advice would be to remain in Canada and stay under the radar until PR. However, this is contingent on the Canadian being able to support the illegal person and a PR app actually being submitted. Your partner can't even support himself, let alone you, and will probably end up on welfare. Given that, it will be quite some time before you guys are in a position to apply.

If and when the relevant authorities or the welfare system becomes aware you are here without status and unable to support yourself, you will be reported. You can expect that would lead to your removal from Canada.

At this point, you should be looking to voluntarily return to the US. I believe the US embassy would assist you in returning. Avail yourself of the welfare system there, get back on your feet, start working to make some money, re-establish your US ties. Your partner can do the same here in Canada. Once you are financially stable, you can apply for PR and look at returning to Canada as a visitor.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
SirksSirks said:
Hello Everyone,

I posted on this thread a few years ago and now I'm posting again in need of dire help/advice.

I'm a young American woman living in Ontario Canada with my Canadian boyfriend. I've been living here for about two years now. My current problem now is - I've overstayed my visit, and now I'm about to face homelessness with my boyfriend. When I first moved in with him he was working and I'd stay home. The plan was to live together for 12 months consecutively and then apply for common law sponsorship. Well, we've been living together since Oct. 2013 and we haven't done anything to start the process for a few reasons. My boyfriend lost his job in the beginning of 2015 so it's been pretty rough financially ever since then. Our rent is a little over 1,400 dollars and now we're behind three months rent and are scheduled to be kicked out on the 15th of this month. My question now is - is there anyway I can still stay in Canada even though I've overstayed my visit? At one point in 2014 I went back to the states for about three days and came back to Ontario to restart the clock on my 6 month visitor stay. I haven't been back to the states since May of 2014. The entire situation is a big mess, but I have no where to go if I have to leave Canada. I have no family back home, and my boyfriend is all I have. He also doesn't have family he can go to for help because he's gotten so much help from then last year that they're finally at a point where they simply don't want to anymore. Is it possible for us to get married (so I can stay) and then start all of our PR paperwork once we sort out our impending homelessness.
I agree with the Canuck in the UK. I would cross the border by car or foot, the Canadian authorities probably won't notice you overstayed. I'm not sure. I would add that your bf should be looking a job like crazy. Any job. I've been nearly homeless before. I worked at crappy jobs but survived those times. There should be shelters, YMCA's or religious temples, places like that you can stay in America while you look for work yourself or apply for welfare in the US. My sister has stayed in Canadian women's shelters and they're not that bad. Unfortunately, you guys have to stay apart for awhile but when you're ok, I would get married legally, not common-law and then get him to sponsor you. That way will be easier and faster. That's my 2 cents. I don't know everything but that's what I'd do. Hope it helped.

Quba747

Apr 9, 2016
13 months ago we were approved in canada for family sponsorship and yesterday denied by cuba ( says we are not legit?)
My Husband felt his interview went well and he answered all the questions they asked and even added nore information and proof then they asked for etc.

We are so devasted!!! After almost three long years of waiting to hear the good news that we could finally start our lives as husband and wife we found out yesterday this sad sad news! We are beyond shock!! after 8 years and three long years of (applications , process, waiting etc , A lot of $$$) of waiitng to be together finally we find this out !!!

Now what to do? We are told we have two choices!!
Appeal? we are told this cost about $5000 and could take three year wait? and not gauranteed a good outcome!!
Start over and apply again to wait how much longer? What can we submitt now that we haven't already done so for the past three years?

We had origianlly hired a company to help with the whole process and now they advise to start over??
What to do, we are exchausted, mentally and financially!!!

Any imput advice on the appeal process etc? would be greatly apprecited!
Thank you so much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Quba747 said:
13 months ago we were approved in canada for family sponsorship and yesterday denied by cuba ( says we are not legit?)
My Husband felt his interview went well and he answered all the questions they asked and even added nore information and proof then they asked for etc.

We are so devasted!!! After almost three long years of waiting to hear the good news that we could finally start our lives as husband and wife we found out yesterday this sad sad news! We are beyond shock!! after 8 years and three long years of (applications , process, waiting etc , A lot of $$$) of waiitng to be together finally we find this out !!!

Now what to do? We are told we have two choices!!
Appeal? we are told this cost about $5000 and could take three year wait? and not gauranteed a good outcome!!
Start over and apply again to wait how much longer? What can we submitt now that we haven't already done so for the past three years?

We had origianlly hired a company to help with the whole process and now they advise to start over??
What to do, we are exchausted, mentally and financially!!!

Any imput advice on the appeal process etc? would be greatly apprecited!
Thank you so much!
I would strongly recommend you join the appeals thread. This is the best place to discuss your situation - with others who are facing similar challenges. Good luck. Here's the link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/all-spouse-appeal-cases-come-here-and-join-us-plz-t87619.7005.html

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
I was wondering if it would hurt my application that if and when my husband lands that I have multiple people saying they will help support us??
My parents have offered but they live in a very rural part of BC, about an hour outside Kamloops. And I have my sister, and 2 older ladies (almost like family) offering us to stay with them until we get established on the Island, which is where I would prefer to live. I also own a house on the Island but won't be moving into it until we can get jobs......suggestions?? Thanks for all your help.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
MY BIG DILEMMA.

Here's what happened.

My husband (then bf) and I has been in a long distance relationship from the start. When we got the chance to be together, we wanted to do everything that we can to lessen the time that we have to spent apart.

Few weeks before we got married, we decided that he should try his luck for TRV for reasons like: (1)to prove to my parents that he is willing to do anything on his own to be with me (2)to make it easy for us to be together (3)to have the option of postponing our wedding and have time to prepare for it

He applied and DID NOT mention me in his application (as his gf) although my "name" was part of it because we paid the application with my credit card. Unfortunately in his itinerary (supporting documents), he stated that he want to come to travel in Canada for two weeks to travel which has been his lifelong dream before he got married 2years from now (date of TRV application).

He got denied and we decided to push thru with the wedding so that we can move forward with the sponsorship.

Now, we are in the process of applying for Spouse Sponsorship and of course, we mentioned that he applied for TRV in the past. I am not sure how to explain this in the application or if we need to explain it. Technically, we did not reveal our real intention for the TRV which is to be able to spend time together because of reasons mentioned above.

Are we in big trouble?
Can a TRV application in the past could cause trouble in the sponsorship?

nskendrovic

Mar 26, 2016
Hello everyone, I have 2 questions.
First i plan to apply next week and i have 29 days left on my old working holiday visa. What is the dedline for me to apply in order to be able to get implied status.
Second question, i have to send photocopies of my children although they are not coming here at this point, it might be stupid question but i dont have time to do new passports for them and can i send copies of old expiered passports??

Thank you all in advance.

GG and B

Star Member
Mar 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016
Passport Req..
09-11-2016 COPR
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
I also have another question.

I have previously (2012-2013) been in Canada on a Working Holiday Visa and stayed with my wife (fiancé at that time).
The visa had an 8 digit (xxxx - xxxx) Client ID on it and looks like a UCI to me.

I'm going through all forms at the moment to make sure I haven't made any mistakes. In IMM 0008 the form is asking for a UCI. Do I enter my old Client ID from my old expired Working Holiday Visa? Or will I get a new one for the Spousal Sponsorship?

Thank you so much!

GG