Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Decoy24601 said:
I just sent off my application today (outland). I'm so paranoid that I make a stupid mistake or missed something and they're going to return it. Is there a point when I can stop worrying about it being returned? Would they return it before or after AOR?
Before AOR. Congrats on getting it sent out ;D

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Aquakitty said:
Before AOR. Congrats on getting it sent out ;D
Thank you ;D We procrastinated more than I'd like to admit on getting everything together and sending it out, but luckily it looks like people are getting through Ottawa faster. Hopefully, I'll get DM by the end of summer or at least during fall.

There's a slight possibility that there may be a single day mismatch in a date I wrote on a photo and the day I said we went to that place to eat in the application. Does that really matter? It was very difficult remembering the exact date we did some of the stuff, and I had to guess a little a couple times. It was still during the same 3-4 day visit and only a day off if anything, so I doubt it will be an issue, but I'm paranoid... I wouldn't want to be called in for an interview over something like that.

BrettyMac

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2016 (visa exempt)
neetwo80 said:
HI,

I'm living outside of Canada with my husband. I'm Canadian and sponsoring him. I know that I need to show proof that we'll stay in Canada. I have asked a letter from my employer (I work from home) showing that I can continue my job from Canada, I also have proof that my husband can work from Canada (he is a composer). We both don't have conventional jobs. I also have a letter from my parents saying that they will support us and we can live with them. Do you think this is enough? I don't know what other kind of proof I can provide as it's way too early to sign a rental agreement and I'd rather do that after we've moved and searched for a place we like. I can write a letter myself about our plans and promising to carry them out. Do you think this would be good enough?
Thanks in advance!
I am Canadian but live in Germany currently. I also don't have a job or a rental contract for when we go back (though I have a good job at the moment) because same as you, it's way to early to get those things. So I wrote a letter explaining what I planned to do when I got back (ie: my Canadian certifications are all still up to date for my job). Then I also got a notarized letter from my parents saying they could support us both until we get set up. That seemed to be enough for me - I got approved! But I don't know if it's different since you are self-employed. But the more proof the better I guess ;) Good luck!

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
BrettyMac said:
I am Canadian but live in Germany currently. I also don't have a job or a rental contract for when we go back (though I have a good job at the moment) because same as you, it's way to early to get those things. So I wrote a letter explaining what I planned to do when I got back (ie: my Canadian certifications are all still up to date for my job). Then I also got a notarized letter from my parents saying they could support us both until we get set up. That seemed to be enough for me - I got approved! But I don't know if it's different since you are self-employed. But the more proof the better I guess ;) Good luck!
Thanks. I'm not self employed. I work in Social Media. The company is Canadian, but I can work from anywhere. The letter I have from my parents isn't notarized. I hope that will be ok. I also got my cat a passport and am just trying to get as much proof as possible. Thanks so much for telling me about you. That was very helpful. Hopefully the letter not being notarized will be ok too. I should be in the April list of applicants. BTW, did you translate your identity card too? I am not including a Canadian tax assessment but am including my Italian one. Did you have to file your taxes in Canada even though you don't live there and provide that? Did you translate your tax assessment from Germany? I'm getting paranoid now.

BrettyMac

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2016 (visa exempt)
neetwo80 said:
Thanks. I'm not self employed. I work in Social Media. The company is Canadian, but I can work from anywhere. The letter I have from my parents isn't notarized. I hope that will be ok. I also got my cat a passport and am just trying to get as much proof as possible. Thanks so much for telling me about you. That was very helpful. Hopefully the letter not being notarized will be ok too. I should be in the April list of applicants. BTW, did you translate your identity card too? I am not including a Canadian tax assessment but am including my Italian one. Did you have to file your taxes in Canada even though you don't live there and provide that? Did you translate your tax assessment from Germany? I'm getting paranoid now.
Hey! haha Don't get paranoid and worry too much! Have you already sent you application? We can only do what we can do! ;) I didn't do nearly as much detail as you did! I didn't send me identity card, just my Canadian passport copy. I also didn't send any tax assessment things - just my last 12 months of salary statements from Germany. I included a letter that explained why I didn't have an Option-C printout (that I don't work in Canada at the moment), like it said to do on the checklist.

kyledoyle14

Mar 1, 2016
Hello,

Question for everyone and thanks for all the help so far.
Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM008).
Would like to know if my wife and children (all of them are Canadian) need to be listed as dependants?
Thanks everyone

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
kyledoyle14 said:
Hello,

Question for everyone and thanks for all the help so far.
Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM008).
Would like to know if my wife and children (all of them are Canadian) need to be listed as dependants?
Thanks everyone
I take it to mean you are the applicant and your wife is the sponsor. The children are children from this marriage.

Your kids are not dependents for the purpose of this application as they are Canadians already. Basically they are not seeking or will possibly seek PR in the future.

neetwo80

Mar 31, 2016
Italy
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2016
BrettyMac said:
Hey! haha Don't get paranoid and worry too much! Have you already sent you application? We can only do what we can do! ;) I didn't do nearly as much detail as you did! I didn't send me identity card, just my Canadian passport copy. I also didn't send any tax assessment things - just my last 12 months of salary statements from Germany. I included a letter that explained why I didn't have an Option-C printout (that I don't work in Canada at the moment), like it said to do on the checklist.
Thanks! I actually didn't see the part about writing a letter. I will do that. I'm thanking god for this forum. Still haven't sent the application but my parents already mailed their letter. My father doesn't think it needs to be notarized. IN any case, I'm including other things to make up for that too. Yes, lots of details, at they end the people reading my application will know my whole life story and everything about us as a couple. lol :D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
neetwo80 said:
Thanks! I actually didn't see the part about writing a letter. I will do that. I'm thanking god for this forum. Still haven't sent the application but my parents already mailed their letter. My father doesn't think it needs to be notarized. IN any case, I'm including other things to make up for that too. Yes, lots of details, at they end the people reading my application will know my whole life story and everything about us as a couple. lol :D
The letter from your parents should be notarized, as it seems to be the main proof that you have of intent to return to Canada.

DeHdez15

Mar 10, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
File Transfer...
13-05-2016
Med's Request
Requested again Oct 20/16
Med's Done....
Oct 28/16 (2nd time)
Passport Req..
November 8/2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 21/2016
LANDED..........
December 10/2016
They have started to review my sponsorship application on March 8/16, to this date April 5/16, I have not heard anything
I'm sponsoring my husband from Canada he is in El Salvador :( :(

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
hello guys I am new here, I am a PR , Bucharest VO. We got married in 2015 August and applied for SA in September. The VO started processing my application on 2015 November 11 th and after one week they send us an e-mail request for my birth certificate (we forgot to include it there ) ,since that time we did not receive any other sign (is been 5 months since my application is at VO ). I am little bit worried about my application because me and my husband met online , got married preety fast and is a big difference of age between us. We send them pictures with us and with him and my family, and our skype conversations, but I am still worried they will think that our marriage is a fake . My husbund will come visit me soon and will stay here at least a month (is also thinking about applying for a visa to be able to stay even longer here ), we will go visit another country where is a part of his family. Anyway we are thinking about sending them a letter or an e-mail with more proof about our relationship as a pictures, plan tickets, showing them that he is sponsor me monthly with money and so on. What do you think about it ...will that help ? or will that slow down our application ?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Decoy24601 said:
Thank you ;D We procrastinated more than I'd like to admit on getting everything together and sending it out, but luckily it looks like people are getting through Ottawa faster. Hopefully, I'll get DM by the end of summer or at least during fall.

There's a slight possibility that there may be a single day mismatch in a date I wrote on a photo and the day I said we went to that place to eat in the application. Does that really matter? It was very difficult remembering the exact date we did some of the stuff, and I had to guess a little a couple times. It was still during the same 3-4 day visit and only a day off if anything, so I doubt it will be an issue, but I'm paranoid... I wouldn't want to be called in for an interview over something like that.
That's nothing to worry about, I didn't even put dates or names on our pictures.

hello guys I am new here, I am a PR , Bucharest VO. We got married in 2015 August and applied for SA in September. The VO started processing my application on 2015 November 11 th and after one week they send us an e-mail request for my birth certificate (we forgot to include it there ) ,since that time we did not receive any other sign (is been 5 months since my application is at VO ). I am little bit worried about my application because me and my husband met online , got married preety fast and is a big difference of age between us. We send them pictures with us and with him and my family, and our skype conversations, but I am still worried they will think that our marriage is a fake . My husbund will come visit me soon and will stay here at least a month (is also thinking about applying for a visa to be able to stay even longer here ), we will go visit another country where is a part of his family. Anyway we are thinking about sending them a letter or an e-mail with more proof about our relationship as a pictures, plan tickets, showing them that he is sponsor me monthly with money and so on. What do you think about it ...will that help ? or will that slow down our application ?
Is he visa-exempt? Usually it's better to just wait and see if you get a docs request. Order notes first and see what's up with the application.

shiler

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
:) :) :) :) :) Hey guys I have a quick Question..
So i am sponsoring a group of my family from my uncles side. Im the application i have his wife and his 2 kids BUT Im the generic application he is the the applicant but it also asks about dependants and i included his wife and both his kids but i am wondering do i still need to do a separate Generic Application IM8000_ENU for his wife and kids as well? his kids are 2 and 7.

thank you!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
shiler said:
So i am sponsoring a group of my family from my uncles side.
How exactly are you sponsoring these family members? From your previous posts, you are married, therefore you cannot sponsor in the "other relative" category.