June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hi,

I am a PR of Canada and I want to sponsor my spouse thorugh inland application.So just wanted to know whether it is better to get the medicals done upfront or at a later stage.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RV23 said:
Hi,

I am a PR of Canada and I want to sponsor my spouse thorugh inland application.So just wanted to know whether it is better to get the medicals done upfront or at a later stage.
Because inland takes sooooo long (~ 2 to 2.5 years, last time I checked) it's recommended that an Inland applicant defer the medical until CIC asks for it. This will normally happen once the sponsor has been approved and the applicant has first stage approval (AIP), which is about 17 months into the process.

Just be sure to include a note informing CIC that the medical will be provided when they ask for it (otherwise the person opening up the application may think it was overlooked).

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Ponga said:
Because inland takes sooooo long (~ 2 to 2.5 years, last time I checked) it's recommended that an Inland applicant defer the medical until CIC asks for it. This will normally happen once the sponsor has been approved and the applicant has first stage approval (AIP), which is about 17 months into the process.

Just be sure to include a note informing CIC that the medical will be provided when they ask for it (otherwise the person opening up the application may think it was overlooked).
Ok thanks :), and also do they need the medical to issue the open work permit and how much time does that take?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RV23 said:
Ok thanks :), and also do they need the medical to issue the open work permit and how much time does that take?
No, unless she plans to work with children or in the health care industry. It still seems to take ~ 4 months to receive the OWP.

Make sure to pay the correct (full) amount for the OWP which is $155 + $100 = $255. Many people have forgotten the $100 Permit Holder Fee and have had the OWP application returned.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Ponga said:
No, unless she plans to work with children or in the health care industry. It still seems to take ~ 4 months to receive the OWP.

Make sure to pay the correct (full) amount for the OWP which is $155 + $100 = $255. Many people have forgotten the $100 Permit Holder Fee and have had the OWP application returned.
Thank you so much for your help.:)

Maniace

May 20, 2015
scylla said:
Did you add your wife to your application before you landed in Canada in February? Was she medically examined as part of your application and did she provide police certificates? If the answers to these questions is no - then you can never sponsor her. It was mandatory that you add your wife to your application before landing. Since you failed to do so, she is no longer classified as a member of your family and can never be sponsored.
My PR visa was issued on 4thAug 2015...... at that point there was nothing fixed or clear about my marriage..... so there was no chance i could have included her name in dependent list.

So, what is next that I can do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Maniace said:
My PR visa was issued on 4thAug 2015...... at that point there was nothing fixed or clear about my marriage..... so there was no chance i could have included her name in dependent list.

So, what is next that I can do.
It doesn't matter what your status was when your PR visa was issued to you All that matters is what your status was when you landed. When your PR visa was issued to you, the instruction letter specifically stated that you must notify CIC if there are any material changes to your family composition before you land. You failed to follow these rules and failed to notify CIC that you had gotten married. You had plenty of chances to include your wife. As soon as you got married, you should have notified your visa office that you were no longer single and returned your PR visa. You should have also included the paperwork required to add your wife to your application. You would have then waited for CIC to process your wife's paperwork - and then issue a new PR visa for both of you. Since you failed to include your wife in your application before you landed, this means you can never sponsor your wife. It also means you committed misrepresentation by landing using a PR visa that said your status was single when you were in fact married.

You only have two options at this point:

1) Officially give up your PR status and return to your home country. Apply again for PR from the start, this time including your wife as a dependant.
2) Have your wife apply for PR on her own through an economic class such as Federal Skilled Worker / Express Entry.

Again, you cannot sponsor your wife.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
It doesn't matter what your status was when your PR visa was issued to you All that matters is what your status was when you landed. When your PR visa was issued to you, the instruction letter specifically stated that you must notify CIC if there are any material changes to your family composition before you land. You failed to follow these rules and failed to notify CIC that you had gotten married. You had plenty of chances to include your wife. As soon as you got married, you should have notified your visa office that you were no longer single and returned your PR visa. You should have also included the paperwork required to add your wife to your application. You would have then waited for CIC to process your wife's paperwork - and then issue a new PR visa for both of you. Since you failed to include your wife in your application before you landed, this means you can never sponsor your wife. It also means you committed misrepresentation by landing using a PR visa that said your status was single when you were in fact married.

You only have two options at this point:

1) Officially give up your PR status and return to your home country. Apply again for PR from the start, this time including your wife as a dependant.
2) Have your wife apply for PR on her own through an economic class such as Federal Skilled Worker / Express Entry.

Again, you cannot sponsor your wife.
Further more , If CIC find out about your situation , they will strip you out of you PR and deport you .
If you give up you PR and re-apply you may have zero chance to be approved due to your misrepresentation .

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Ponga said:
You can get implied status as a visitor, but you cannot continue to work.
So I also apply a visitor visa with PR and OWP? My current IEC visa expire in July and I am going to submit my application package in April.

rasek

Mar 28, 2016
5 years sponsership bar

Hi
everyone

I need huge help from everybody please help me out to this issue.

my wife sponsored me as a spouse 2011 January 10th application received Mississauga . I came to Canada 2013 march 27th. I have already divorce in 2014 oct. now I got re marry and want to apply for my wife .

does it apply with me 5 years bar ? or I can sponsor my new wife as cic say if cic got sponsor application before march 2 2012 ,5 years bar does not apply no matter when you got PR.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: 5 years sponsership bar

rasek said:
Hi
everyone

I need huge help from everybody please help me out to this issue.

my wife sponsored me as a spouse 2011 January 10th application received Mississauga . I came to Canada 2013 march 27th. I have already divorce in 2014 oct. now I got re marry and want to apply for my wife .

does it apply with me 5 years bar ? or I can sponsor my new wife as cic say if cic got sponsor application before march 2 2012 ,5 years bar does not apply no matter when you got PR.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Question for you :
will your new wife get her PR and then divorce you , re-marry and apply to sponsor her new husband ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

rasek said:
NO SHE SPONSOR ME . I GOT PR 2013 MARCH AND DIVORCE 2014 OCT .
You won't be able to sponsor someone until March or April 2018.

rasek

Mar 28, 2016

scylla said:
You won't be able to sponsor someone until March or April 2018.

Spouses and partners sponsored before

Date CIC got your sponsorship application Are you eligible to sponsor someone?

Before March 2, 2012 The five-year sponsorship bar does not apply, no matter when you became a permanent resident.
On or after March 2, 2012 The five-year sponsorship bar applies. You cannot sponsor someone until you have been a permanent resident for five years.

*** my sponsorship application received 2011 and I got PR 2013 still the five years bar apply on me ?

please I need serious response.
thank you very much.

Tolexmi

Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Sept-2015
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
23-Oct-2015
File Transfer...
09-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
3-June-2016
LANDED..........
14th July 2016.

rasek said:
Spouses and partners sponsored before

Date CIC got your sponsorship application Are you eligible to sponsor someone?

Before March 2, 2012 The five-year sponsorship bar does not apply, no matter when you became a permanent resident.
On or after March 2, 2012 The five-year sponsorship bar applies. You cannot sponsor someone until you have been a permanent resident for five years.

*** my sponsorship application received 2011 and I got PR 2013 still the five years bar apply on me ?

please I need serious response.
thank you very much.
Yes it does apply to you. You got PR in 2013, but the 5 year bar is in effect from 2012.