Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
dilber said:
Wondering if police certificates also expires after one year like medical?
It depends if you still live in that country. If you do, then it's good for 6 months. If you've not lived in the country since you received the police report, then it's good indefinitely.

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR2:13-04-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
Hey, my package was delivered today and sighed by IJ. Did he sign on of your packages before?
And how much time do I expect to wait before getting the aor and sa? Thank you

disBrew

Nov 23, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
You can marry early in the stay but you need to be in Canada when you submit the sponsorship app.
Thank you canuck, I really appreciate it.

Got it. So, applying for her permanent residence with me as sponsor is not an option while I'm outside.

Is it possible that I apply to be her sponsor from Canada, then I go, we marry there, and then we apply for her residence? I'm not sure I understood my last readings on the subject, but it would be a two stage thing: I would have to be cleared to be a sponsor, and after that she would apply for residence.
Can I apply for sponsoring her, then marrying, then we apply for her residence? Or must the two applications be sent together? Or something else?

As I understood, I can leave Canada while the process is ongoing for short periods, correct?

Thank you very much canuck. You've been really helpful!

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
disBrew said:
Thank you canuck, I really appreciate it.

Got it. So, applying for her permanent residence with me as sponsor is not an option while I'm outside.

Is it possible that I apply to be her sponsor from Canada, then I go, we marry there, and then we apply for her residence? I'm not sure I understood my last readings on the subject, but it would be a two stage thing: I would have to be cleared to be a sponsor, and after that she would apply for residence.
Can I apply for sponsoring her, then marrying, then we apply for her residence? Or must the two applications be sent together? Or something else?

As I understood, I can leave Canada while the process is ongoing for short periods, correct?

Thank you very much canuck. You've been really helpful!
You have to send everything together. You cannot apply for sponsorship until you are either common-law or married.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
disBrew said:
No it's quite simple.
You go there, get married, you return to Canada, then you submit the complete PR application all together to CPC-Mississauga.

When returning to Canada make sure you have necessary documents like marriage certificate, her police checks, medical receipt, etc.

aprilpino

Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 10, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 8, 2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
May 18, 2016
LANDED..........
May 28, 2016
Hello all!

I recently sent an email asking if my husband should get a new police check as it expires soon. In their response they said no, and included our file is awaiting to be reviewed by an officer. Awhile back we received a request for new schedule a and rprf.

Can I take anything from this? Would they have mentioned your file is awaiting an interview? Any similiar situations?

Red Wolf

Mar 15, 2016
We've been waiting for five months to get police clearance from the US. All of the paperwork and medical has been done since October 23 last year, but I haven't been able to send it in because we've been waiting on that one dang thing this whole time. And now it seems the results are lost in the mail (hopefully not, but they said they mailed them three weeks ago and still nothing).

I don't know what to do anymore. I've been living with my husband, but I can't stay here in Canada on a visitor's visa much longer. Since I left the country and came back a few weeks ago, I guess I can apply for an extension and live here on implied status. I've already done that before. But living here without being able to work, and with no health insurance, and the unexpected tax hike from being married-filing-separately, is making me severely depressed.

Even after researching Canadian immigration for a full year before we got married, I had no idea how long, psychologically traumatizing, and expensive the process was going to be. All I want to do is live with my family.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Red Wolf said:
We've been waiting for five months to get police clearance from the US. All of the paperwork and medical has been done since October 23 last year, but I haven't been able to send it in because we've been waiting on that one dang thing this whole time. And now it seems the results are lost in the mail (hopefully not, but they said they mailed them three weeks ago and still nothing).

I don't know what to do anymore. I've been living with my husband, but I can't stay here in Canada on a visitor's visa much longer. Since I left the country and came back a few weeks ago, I guess I can apply for an extension and live here on implied status. I've already done that before. But living here without being able to work, and with no health insurance, and the unexpected tax hike from being married-filing-separately, is making me severely depressed.

Even after researching Canadian immigration for a full year before we got married, I had no idea how long, psychologically traumatizing, and expensive the process was going to be. All I want to do is live with my family.
Ideally the FBI cert is a process you kick off a few months before you plan to submit the application (due to the processing times). But obviously nothing you can do now to fix that. If you've done some research, you'll know it's possible to submit your application without the FBI cert and include a letter indicating you've applied for it and will provide the cert later once it's received. So that's certainly an option that's open to you.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Red Wolf said:

Take scylla's suggestion and send everything in now, with a letter explaining the delay in receiving the FBI IHSR letter. CIC is well aware of the delays regarding the FBI.

Also, be sure to replace any outdated form in your application package, with the latest version(s), per the CIC website. If you include an expired form, it's very likely that they will send everything back to you!

shiler

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Hello, my husband has been approved to canada and he is here now but i was wondering after he has arrived do I have to fill out any more documents, and send it to CIC or am i completely done with everything. I sponsored my husband here to canada as a permanent residence and he got here this Saturday.
ThANK YOU!

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shiler said:
Hello, my husband has been approved to canada and he is here now but i was wondering after he has arrived do I have to fill out any more documents, and send it to CIC or am i completely done with everything. I sponsored my husband here to canada as a permanent residence and he got here this Saturday.
ThANK YOU!
you are 100% done with CIC , now he waits few years to Go again for CITIZENSHIP

sarah johns

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
i have a question concerning spouse sponsorship is the something i can do to speed up the sponsering process of my wife and daughter it has taken too long and i want then to come quuickly , is there anything related to human cases the government can take by to speed up the application process ???

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
sarah johns said:
i have a question concerning spouse sponsorship is the something i can do to speed up the sponsering process of my wife and daughter it has taken too long and i want then to come quuickly , is there anything related to human cases the government can take by to speed up the application process ???
There is nothing you can do to speed up the processing time. When did you apply?
I recall from your past posts that the sponsor did not meet the RO, has that been resolved? If not, that could be another reason for the delay.

sarah johns

Star Member
Dec 13, 2013
what is the RO ?? I heard before that the gouverment sometimes speedsup the sponsering process if there is a special human case require to gather the family as fast as possible ??