Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
Hey everyone,

So I sent in my documents in mid August, got Sponsorship Approval around mid October and today my wife received this email:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: FILE: ... NAME: ... ***Request for Submission of Passports***

FILE: ...
Nov 19, 2015

Request for Submission of Passports
(Residents of Iran)

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing and we need your passport and the documents listed below in order to make a final decision.

Please read carefully all information and instructions set out below and complete the steps accordingly.

Visa Validity:
Once issued, permanent resident visas usually expire on the date of expiry of your medical examination results, which in your case is 2014/09/04. If there is an earlier date of expiry on your visa(s), that is because the passport validity of you or one of your accompanying dependents expires before the medical examination expiry date.

You and all your accompanying dependents must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the visas cannot be extended.

Documents to submit:
1. Original signed valid passport for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
· Each person, including minor children, must have their own passport, and there must be at least two blank pages in each passport
· Ordinary passports are the only type of passport into which a permanent resident visa may be inserted. Diplomatic, official, and other special passports are not acceptable
· Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel
2. Two (2) recent photographs for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
· The photos must be 35 mm x 45 mm, and must have a white background. Exact photo specifications are available at:
· The name of each applicant must be written on the back of one (1) picture
3. Please complete the information requested on the Passport Submission Form below.
4. Others:
Please submit all passports and documents in one package, with a copy of this letter, within 30 days. Failure to provide the requested documents within this time frame may result in the closure of your application without further notification.

How to submit:
All passport(s) and documents must be submitted to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in Ankara or Istanbul.

You must submit your passport(s) and documents and collect your visa(s) from a Visa Application Center (VAC), using one of the following options:
1. In person
2. Through an authorized representative

You, or an authorized person you have designated, must attend to submit your passport(s) and documents to the VAC. You must also submit a printed copy of this email to the VAC.

Your authorized representative must present a Letter of Authorization (below) completed and signed by you, along with his/her identification document (preferably a valid passport) and a copy of this email.

The VAC will ensure safe and fast transmission of the passport(s) and documents to the Embassy, and back to the VAC once we have issued the visa(s).

Passports submitted to the VAC in Ankara will normally have a 4 business day turnaround, while those submitted to the VAC in Istanbul will normally have a 6 business day turnaround.

For hours of operation, VAC fees for these services, and any further information you require, please see: or contact the VACs at info.canadatrank@vfshelpline.com.

Please DO NOT/NOT send your passports to the VAC by mail or courier as they will not/not be able to accept them or to send them back to you.

Note: if you are currently residing outside Iran, different procedures will apply. Please send an e-mail, titled “NEW ADDRESS FOR VISA ISSUANCE”, to: ankara-visa@international.gc.ca. Be sure to include your file number at this office, your full name and date of birth, and your current e-mail and postal addresses.

Change in Family Composition:
You must notify our office in writing if there are or will be changes in your life circumstances before using your visas, such as:
· Family status (e.g. marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation, birth, adoption, death of the sponsor, principal applicant or any accompanying family member); or
· You or any of your family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Failure to inform us of any of these changes may delay processing, may result in the cancellation of your immigrant visas, or may render you and/or your family members inadmissible to Canada. Failure to inform us of dependent family members during your application processing will permanently exclude them from later sponsorship in the Family Class.

Any changes that result in visa reissuance will incur a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of CAD$30 for each visa that needs to be re-issued.

No reminder letter will be sent. You are requested to immediately act upon the instructions set out in this letter.

We wish you safe travels, and happiness and success in your new home in Canada!

Sincerely,

Immigration Section
FILE #:....
Passport Submission Form (must be completed for each file)

Please fill the following information for yourself and each accompanying dependent:
First Name Height (cm) Eye Colour
Please provide your current contact details (including your telephone number in Turkey, if any):
Tel:
Address:
Email:

You may be contacted in case additional information is needed or if something changes after you submit your passport(s).

Letter of Authorization:

(To be completed only if a representative is submitting your passport(s) on your behalf)

I, ____ , hereby authorize ____ to collect my Canadian visa(s) and/or submit/collect other documents related to my application from the Visa Application Center on my behalf. This authorized person is a citizen of ____ and holds ID/passport number ____.

Signature of applicant

Date

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Emmmmm I don't know what to think or say... is this normal? Huh
I know that they requested her passport and photos, but does this mean that she was approved? It's only been three months

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Emmmmm I don't know what to think or say... is this normal? Huh
I know that they requested her passport and photos, but does this mean that she was approved? It's only been three months
It's definitely possible, Ankara is one of the faster offices. What's your/her ecas say? Did you get AOR and SA?

Jab316

Jul 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Sep 24, 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 23, 2015
Med's Request
Up-front
Med's Done....
Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
I got AOR on Sep24 and SA on Oct23.

ECAS says its still in process, I'll check it again tomorrow to see if it changes.

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Aquakitty said:
Didn't the letter say he's approved as a sponsor? About the forms, this isn't uncommon, they might have lost the forms for all anyone knows. I would just comply with what they say ASAP. CIC is known for making mistakes when it comes to forms.
yes it says approved but now thsi e-mail i dont understand let me share it with i am copying here the e-mail. please tell me what should i do:

Dear Applicant,

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that your sponsor may not meet the definition of a sponsor per subsections 133(1)(a) and 130(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2002 (IRPA), and thus, you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 133(1)(a) of the IRPA states (in part) that a sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application, there is evidence that the sponsor is a sponsor as described in section 130.
Subsection 130(1)(b) states that, subject to subsection (2), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who resides in Canada.
Insufficient documentary evidence has been provided to support that your sponsor either currently resides in Canada or of their intention/efforts to resume residency in Canada should you be granted a permanent resident visa. As a result, I have concerns your sponsor does not meet the requirements to sponsor you.
Before a final decision regarding your eligibility as a member of the family class is made, you are being given a final 30 days to disabuse us of our concerns. The information/documentation you submit must be sufficient to clearly demonstrate that the above definition is/definitions are met. If any documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document.
If you choose not to respond with additional information within 30 days, I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Please be advised that, in addition to the above, in order for us to continue processing your application, we require the following:

- Updated, signed Schedule A form for yourself.

- Updated, original Pakistan Police Certificate.

- Medical examination; please note that medical instruction forms will be emailed separately.

- Please have your sponsor fully complete a new Sponsor Questionnaire (IMM5540) form.

- Please have your sponsor fully complete a new Schedule A form ensuring full details are included for all sections since the age of 18 years to date.

Please submit the requested documentation/information to us within 30 days including a copy of this email as a cover letter. Please submit all the above documents to us at the same time, quoting your file number (shown in the subject line above) on all correspondence, including on the envelope.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
This is the kind of letter they send when they want evidence you will return to Canada. It's common to get a document request if you are currently residing outside of Canada.

You have to give them as much proof as you can that you and your sponsor will return to Canada, show things like job searches/offers in Canada, rental agreements, letters from family saying they will support you in Canada, etc.

The good news is, as long as you send the requested documents, you are nearly at the end of the road ;D

MrScarface

Jan 18, 2015
Hi there, few questions regarding this document:

In Question 8 I have to put down my history since I turned 18.

• -I travelled around several countries in South America over the course of 5 months. Would i have to write down every country in a new space, even if I might have only been there for a week or so?
    Or would it be sufficient to put the 5 month period in one space only, write down travelling and put South America as a country?

-Same goes for the year I was on a Working Holiday here in Canada. I had more than one employer, should I put this one year in one space, write down Work & Travel and just write down one employer or do I have to use a new space for every job I was working during this year?

-Same goes for my wife, she went to University and was working a side job at the same time. Is it okay if I only write down studying?

-Since she graduated, she has had a few different jobs, do I have to make a new time period for every job or is it okay to summarize all those jobs and simply put down the time from when she left university to present and write down working?

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Aquakitty said:
This is the kind of letter they send when they want evidence you will return to Canada. It's common to get a document request if you are currently residing outside of Canada.

You have to give them as much proof as you can that you and your sponsor will return to Canada, show things like job searches/offers in Canada, rental agreements, letters from family saying they will support you in Canada, etc.

The good news is, as long as you send the requested documents, you are nearly at the end of the road ;D
thanks, i was really worried to see that e-mail.sure i wll try send all the documents and proof within time. yesterday my wife recive med request from london visa office. they sent a form of med too. but my wife submit her upfront med in sep 2015. she has to do it again?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ad rasheed said:
thanks, i was really worried to see that e-mail.sure i wll try send all the documents and proof within time. yesterday my wife recive med request from london visa office. they sent a form of med too. but my wife submit her upfront med in sep 2015. she has to do it again?
No she shouldn't have to do it again if she sent it in 2015, is it confirmed on ecas as medical received? You can send a case-specific enquiry (try to be polite and very clear in your message, I think they respond better to that) explaining this fact, I don't see why she should have got another med request so soon. But, I don't know a lot about why they might request a re-medical, maybe you could paste the email.

Don't worry about that other email though, just give them lots of proof. You likely got that because you are in LA with a work visa, so they want to make sure you are going to return to Canada. Many people treat a PR like an advanced travel visa and don't take the residency seriously, so they have to go through these checks.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
MrScarface said:
Hi there, few questions regarding this document:

In Question 8 I have to put down my history since I turned 18.

• -I travelled around several countries in South America over the course of 5 months. Would i have to write down every country in a new space, even if I might have only been there for a week or so?
    Or would it be sufficient to put the 5 month period in one space only, write down travelling and put South America as a country?

-Same goes for the year I was on a Working Holiday here in Canada. I had more than one employer, should I put this one year in one space, write down Work & Travel and just write down one employer or do I have to use a new space for every job I was working during this year?

-Same goes for my wife, she went to University and was working a side job at the same time. Is it okay if I only write down studying?

-Since she graduated, she has had a few different jobs, do I have to make a new time period for every job or is it okay to summarize all those jobs and simply put down the time from when she left university to present and write down working?
1) Because the trip was under 6 months, you can get away with putting South America then the actual countries in brackets. You can do some of that on a spreadsheet instead to give you more space. 5 months isn't long enough to need a PC from anywhere, just put your status as "visitor" or whatever it was.

2) Yes I'd put every employer you can remember/find info for.

3) It's not a big deal just to put the real info, if she was working as well you can put that.

4) I'd put every job. Make sure not to leave any gaps or that could delay your application.

Khan112244

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
april 2014
Passport Req..
15 oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
28 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
December 2015
Hi All;

Does any body knows how much time it takes these days to stamp an immigrant or PR visa on Passport at Canadian Consulate Islamabad. My PR Approved, I send my passport here to Ottawa in Canada on 21st of October and got back on 10th Nov. with Immigrant Visa, while my wife submit her passport on 29th of October in VFS but still waiting for Passport return.

Thanks for any clue..

As I bought her a flight ticket at 5th of December , hope they stamp it before 5th December

Rippycheema

Nov 20, 2015
Hello guys i m new in this forum.....my application for spouse Sponsorship recieved at Feb 26, 2015 and they started my application on May 13, 2015 and the last two months its showing that my medical is recieved by them.......Is anyone know how long it will take to hear something from Embassy?

ad rasheed

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Aquakitty said:
No she shouldn't have to do it again if she sent it in 2015, is it confirmed on ecas as medical received? You can send a case-specific enquiry (try to be polite and very clear in your message, I think they respond better to that) explaining this fact, I don't see why she should have got another med request so soon. But, I don't know a lot about why they might request a re-medical, maybe you could paste the email.

Don't worry about that other email though, just give them lots of proof. You likely got that because you are in LA with a work visa, so they want to make sure you are going to return to Canada. Many people treat a PR like an advanced travel visa and don't take the residency seriously, so they have to go through these checks.
my sent an e-mail lets see what they reply.
i attached a job letter from some company saying i can join whenever i came mostlikely in 2016 as my work visa is expiring in 2016.can my show her intrest in completing her masters. she was studying in montreal before our marriage and had completed 2 semesters.then she withdraw her admission as she moved here with me n got pregnant.will that work?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
ad rasheed said:
my sent an e-mail lets see what they reply.
i attached a job letter from some company saying i can join whenever i came mostlikely in 2016 as my work visa is expiring in 2016.can my show her intrest in completing her masters. she was studying in montreal before our marriage and had completed 2 semesters.then she withdraw her admission as she moved here with me n got pregnant.will that work?
The job letter is good, but you should add as much as you can. Do you have a Canadian bank account? Family there? Where do you plan to live?

Some things you can add:

Proof of where you are going to live such as rental searches, rental agreements, a letter from family saying you are living with them.
Proof of Canadian bank account
Proof of Canadian credit cards
Letters from family saying you are returning, or staying with them if that is the case
Medical insurance search(if you will have to wait for the 3 months, depending on the province you are going to live in).
Show you are doing research on your spouse's masters degree

If you don't have some of this proof, give a letter explaining why and how that will change once you get the visa.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Rippycheema said:
Hello guys i m new in this forum.....my application for spouse Sponsorship recieved at Feb 26, 2015 and they started my application on May 13, 2015 and the last two months its showing that my medical is recieved by them.......Is anyone know how long it will take to hear something from Embassy?
What is your VO?

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
Hey there. I have the english version of the nikkah nama which is available in the market. it has stamp of the mufti sahab. Is this enough or do i still need a translator and an affadavit, when there is no translator hired as such. ?