Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
takinghits16 said:
Does anyone have insight into whether CIC can grant Spousal Travel Documents to those who don't Valid Passports?

My wife is stuck in Eritrea(Dictatorship) and the Gov will not issue her a passport (Told to wait 3-7 years). My question is if i pay a smuggler for her to flee the country will the CIC assist in expediting a travel document?
A travel document alone does not allow you to fly to Canada, the travel document must be accompanied by a valid passport.

Even if she left her country, she would still not be able to travel to Canada with no valid passport. A valid passport is also mandatory to get PR in the first place, with no passport one can't be approved for PR.

3+ year wait for passport is ridiculous, but really I don't know anything about dictatorships and how they operate. I would try a call to CIC and to your MP to discuss what the options are, but ultimately with no passport it may be impossible to ever get PR status and travel to Canada.

mkrk

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-04-2015; In process: 27-04-2015; ecas status update: 29-08-2015; DM: 10-10-2015
Passport Req..
15-10-15
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-15
LANDED..........
soon InshAllah
warzo said:
Nothing to be concerned about. They probably just updated your E-cas.
Thanks a lot

agandionco

Oct 9, 2015
Hi everyone,

My husband lives in Canada and I live in the Philippines. He submitted our application last May 5, 2015. We received a letter from the embassy in Canada last July 2015 stating that he can sponsor me and they will send our documents to the Canadian embassy in the Philippines. I received a call from the Canadian Embassy in the Philippines last August 5, 2015 requesting to send my passport. Last October 7, 2015, I had 2 missed calls from unknown number similarly to the number who called me to request for my passport. I think that number was from the embassy. What am I going to do? Do I need to email the embassy or just wait to call me again? I was trying to call the number but it does not allow to receive incoming calls.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with sponsoring a spouse that has a child from a previous relationship.

My husband's ex-girlfriend is making it very difficult for him to apply for their child's passport (needed for the medical) and very likely will also make it very difficult for us to schedule the actual medical. They've been going back and forth for several months now using "scheduling conflicts" as an excuse.

I know it's necessary for the medical to be completed even though his child will not be accompanying him to Canada, however, I also read somewhere that it's possible for them (my husband and his ex) to sign a notarized letter stating that she will not make the child available for a medical and that he can never sponsor the child to come to Canada in the future.

Please let me know if anyone has had any experience with this in the past or any sort of advice to offer? We're running out of ideas :(

Thanks!

Amalia.S

Jun 25, 2015
Hello everyone Smiley

My canadian husband and i are almost ready to send with our outland application.

I just have 1 question regarding the IMM 5562 form (supplementary information-your travels).

It asks for my spouse's travel who in this case is my sponsor. Do i have to fill it out?

Thank you very much!

PatrickD

Jul 15, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I was born in Canada and am applying to sponsor my wife. We have been married for 3 years which I've visited her several times, my stays were usually 1 to 2 months. She is currently finishing her thesis at her University, which is why we never started this before, as well I was in college at the time we got married.

Currently I am unemployed do to (work shortage) from the company I last worked for in Alberta. My wife's father passed away and I went down to visit her, my stay was 3 months long because she wanted me to be around for her birthday and my son in laws. During my stay, I volunteered at a school, substituted as well.

I just returned to Canada to get this sponsorship going and intend to send it out soon. I want to know what are my options if I go back to my wife's country and work there while waiting for the sponsorship approval? I really hate living this way away from her, it's a painful experience for both us and her son who has become accustomed to me being there.

kd1438

Sep 19, 2014
hiii
new to this forum.
actually my wife is studying ms in Canada.
i would like to join her during this period.can you let me know what visa should i go with
and what are the documents required for visa.
i would like to work during this period can i apply for owp from india itself

waiting for reply........ :( :(

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
kd1438 said:
hiii
new to this forum.
actually my wife is studying ms in Canada.
i would like to join her during this period.can you let me know what visa should i go with
and what are the documents required for visa.
i would like to work during this period can i apply for owp from india itself

waiting for reply........ :( :(
Post your question to the International Students section of the forum.

Sweetoctober

Oct 16, 2015
Can some one help? I was recently asked to send a newly filled out form for my spouse in the London VO.At the time of submission I saved a copy of the filled out form on my laptop.I am trying to open up the form now but it is blank.Is there a way to retrieve saved information on the saved PDF immigration form? I need help ASAP.Thank you

Decent2015

Oct 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
If some one can answer my inquiry please: I am a Pakistani National residing / working in UAE since many years, my wife is born Canadian and she is going to apply for my sponsorship; regarding the country specific checklist and relevant forms, should I arrange it according to UAE as Abu Dhabi office is more convenient for me or should I arrange according to Pakistan. Thanks

erick809

Oct 16, 2015
Hello everyone,

We are inland applicant.

Our application was received March 18th, 2014 and we were asked to provide additional proof of relationship August 28th 2015.
We have sent the additional proof and was received by CIC September 17th 2015 according to Canada Post.
We were wondering if anyone experienced this issue where CIC requested additional proof of relationship. How long will we hear back from CIC again? We have not yet received SA or AIP.

Please help us thank you very much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
erick809 said:
Hello everyone,

We are inland applicant.

Our application was received March 18th, 2014 and we were asked to provide additional proof of relationship August 28th 2015.
We have sent the additional proof and was received by CIC September 17th 2015 according to Canada Post.
We were wondering if anyone experienced this issue where CIC requested additional proof of relationship. How long will we hear back from CIC again? We have not yet received SA or AIP.
It's hard to say. Once CIC requests more information your application is no longer following normal processing times and it's difficult to say how long the overall process may take or what will happen next. Has your application been transferred to Etobicoke? If so, it's reasonable to expect that the next step may be an interview to confirm your relationship is genuine.

erick809

Oct 16, 2015
scylla said:
It's hard to say. Once CIC requests more information your application is no longer following normal processing times and it's difficult to say how long the overall process may take or what will happen next. Has your application been transferred to Etobicoke? If so, it's reasonable to expect that the next step may be an interview to confirm your relationship is genuine.
No the file has not transferred to Etobicoke. I would really like to know if some one has been into this situation...

We checked the ecase this week and a second point was added " Medical result has been received". ( Medical was done in Feb 2014)

Do you know why it suddenly showed up ?

iceebaby

Star Member
Jun 7, 2015
hi again! please correct me if i'm wrong: so my relative is being sponsored by a canadian under the spousal visa. they have 2 non accompanying dependants. will the PR application fees be:
$75 for the sponsorship application
$475- principal applicant
$490- right to PR

thanks!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Sweetoctober said:
Can some one help? I was recently asked to send a newly filled out form for my spouse in the London VO.At the time of submission I saved a copy of the filled out form on my laptop.I am trying to open up the form now but it is blank.Is there a way to retrieve saved information on the saved PDF immigration form? I need help ASAP.Thank you
Did you not make copies of all the documents you sent? The form might have been updated since then,that's why they are asking you for another updated form. I have no idea how to retrieve. I filled out ours then when finished i stored them in a separate file. Good luck . Join us on the london thread ,we have have a few computer geeks on their, they may be able to help.