05-03-2014
Med's Request
15-04-2015
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2015
Hello Seniors,

I applied an inland application for my Wife who is on a visitor visa in Canada. I sent OWP with Inland application to Mississauga just 2 days ago and I tracked with Canada post and found they have received the file. I know I will be able to check Inland application status once we receive an AOR. However, how will I know if my wife's OWP has been accepted as well and will be sent to the right deptt?

Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rishkataria said:
Hello Seniors,

I applied an inland application for my Wife who is on a visitor visa in Canada. I sent OWP with Inland application to Mississauga just 2 days ago and I tracked with Canada post and found they have received the file. I know I will be able to check Inland application status once we receive an AOR. However, how will I know if my wife's OWP has been accepted as well and will be sent to the right deptt?

Please advise.
You won't. There's nothing you can do but wait for the OWP to be issued in about four months.

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
Hi guys,
I sent my packages on the Sept 17th and it was signed received on the 18th. When CIC website says that they have 54 days to process, is that from the day it was received at the CPC or is it from the day the immigration officer picks it from the pile of applications?
And also do they send out AOR when they start working on your file? It has been 2 weeks and I haven't heard from them about receiving my package.

Category: FAM
Visa Office: DAKAR
App. Filled: 09/17/2015
APP Received: 09/18/2015
AOR Received..
File Transfer...:
Med's Done: 09/05/2015
Interview........:
VISA ISSUED...:
LANDED..........:

007JB

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
File Transfer...
07-Sep-2015 (AOR2)
Med's Done....
22-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
21-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
06-May-2016
SeulDansMonBocal said:
Hi guys,
I sent my packages on the Sept 17th and it was signed received on the 18th. When CIC website says that they have 54 days to process, is that from the day it was received at the CPC or is it from the day the immigration officer picks it from the pile of applications?
And also do they send out AOR when they start working on your file? It has been 2 weeks and I haven't heard from them about receiving my package.

Category: FAM
Visa Office: DAKAR
App. Filled: 09/17/2015
APP Received: 09/18/2015
AOR Received..
File Transfer...:
Med's Done: 09/05/2015
Interview........:
VISA ISSUED...:
LANDED..........:
the processing time starts from the day they received your file. And about AOR, you will be receiving it after a month! hope this info helps :)

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I recently heard that your spouse can come to Canada while they apply for their PR so they can stay with you during the application is in process.
Does anyone know if this program will run again next because i read that it will/may stop in December 2015.

Thank you

zimbird2015

Oct 1, 2015
I am a Canadian and in the process of sponsoring my husband from zimbabwe. Pretoria received his application and he received AOR. E-casd says in process started processing in August 20,2015.

Anyone knows what the process is and how long it takes. Is it really 16months?
Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2cookies said:
Hi Everyone,

I recently heard that your spouse can come to Canada while they apply for their PR so they can stay with you during the application is in process.
Does anyone know if this program will run again next because i read that it will/may stop in December 2015.

Thank you
You're talking about the Pilot Program for an Open Work Permit...which has nothing to do with allowing a spouse to come to Canada. This program is for those submitting an Inland application, which would mean that their spouse was already in Canada.

No idea if the program will continue, but since it's generating a fair amount of new revenue for CIC ($100 more per OWP), perhaps it will.

Tunczyk

Dec 17, 2014
Kamloops, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
zimbird2015 said:
I am a Canadian and in the process of sponsoring my husband from zimbabwe. Pretoria received his application and he received AOR. E-casd says in process started processing in August 20,2015.

Anyone knows what the process is and how long it takes. Is it really 16months?
Thank you
Hello Zimbird2015, for most accurate information on Pretoria please check out the Pretoria VO thread below:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applications-processed-in-pretoria-t53328.1050.html

Probably those applicants will give you the answers you're looking for :)
Best of luck to you and your wife!

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Just when I think nothing else could go wrong..

We overpaid our inland spouse application by $550. So my husband sent an email to CIC requesting a refund:

Receipt # XXXXXX
A copy of the receipt is attached.

Total payment amount: $1,590
Amount that should have been charged: $1,040

I overpaid the fees associated with spousal immigration to Canada. I should have only paid for the
Application ($75)
Principal applicant ($475)
RPRF ($490)
I mistakenly also paid for the spouse of principal applicant ($550). I am only sponsoring one person (my spouse).

That was two weeks ago. Today, we checked our credit card statement and they refunded the ENTIRE amount. Not just the $550 overpayment. The kicker is, we JUST mailed out our application this morning. We have no UCI # as of yet.

What in the world do I do? Will they reject the application because we have not paid the fee? I included the original receipt all filled out with the barcode, but now I am worried that when they scan it it will show a balance due since it was all refunded.

My work permit fee $255 has not been refunded and should be good (apparently they're not completely incompetent over at CIC).

Should I pay the $1,040 now? Where, when, how would I even send them the new receipt? Do I need to wait for a UCI (assuming they don't return my app for lack of payment)? Thanks in advance for any help.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
crystallps said:
Just when I think nothing else could go wrong..

We overpaid our inland spouse application by $550. So my husband sent an email to CIC requesting a refund:

Receipt # XXXXXX
A copy of the receipt is attached.

Total payment amount: $1,590
Amount that should have been charged: $1,040

I overpaid the fees associated with spousal immigration to Canada. I should have only paid for the
Application ($75)
Principal applicant ($475)
RPRF ($490)
I mistakenly also paid for the spouse of principal applicant ($550). I am only sponsoring one person (my spouse).

That was two weeks ago. Today, we checked our credit card statement and they refunded the ENTIRE amount. Not just the $550 overpayment. The kicker is, we JUST mailed out our application this morning. We have no UCI # as of yet.

What in the world do I do? Will they reject the application because we have not paid the fee? I included the original receipt all filled out with the barcode, but now I am worried that when they scan it it will show a balance due since it was all refunded.

My work permit fee $255 has not been refunded and should be good (apparently they're not completely incompetent over at CIC).

Should I pay the $1,040 now? Where, when, how would I even send them the new receipt? Do I need to wait for a UCI (assuming they don't return my app for lack of payment)? Thanks in advance for any help.
I'd say pay it again right away, email them a copy of the receipt with an explanation, and also mail the receipt with your info included clearly with another explanation. You don't NEED the UCI to send documents, they can figure it out. Make sure you get tracking on it though so you have proof.

I know it sucks, when CIC messes up, we have to suffer the consequences.

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
Hey all,

I have a question about my situation. I am still going through the forms and filling them out and I've hit a dead-end. On the generic application form (IMM0008), it asks for information about the applicants dependents. We have a son, who was born 3 months or so, we haven't gone to Chongqing to get his citizenship stuff taken care of because of family pressure saying it's not healthy for a baby to travel at such a young age so we've been waiting. As such, on this application, I can't give any of the required information. Do we have to wait to do the child's citizenship first before we can do this application?

In China, dual citizenship is not permitted and since we want the Canadian citizenship (no problem) the child right now is pretty much without citizenship and since we don't have that, I can't even complete this application form.

Thanks

Tunczyk

Dec 17, 2014
Kamloops, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
Thyobear said:
Hey all,

I have a question about my situation. I am still going through the forms and filling them out and I've hit a dead-end. On the generic application form (IMM0008), it asks for information about the applicants dependents. We have a son, who was born 3 months or so, we haven't gone to Chongqing to get his citizenship stuff taken care of because of family pressure saying it's not healthy for a baby to travel at such a young age so we've been waiting. As such, on this application, I can't give any of the required information. Do we have to wait to do the child's citizenship first before we can do this application?
Is one of the parents a Canadian citizen?
Thyobear, of course your child needs to have chinese citizenship. How else are they going to identify your baby? You also need to bring it to Canada, which is going to require a passport, and to get a passport you need to be country's citizen.

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
Tunczyk said:
Is one of the parents a Canadian citizen?
Thyobear, of course your child needs to have chinese citizenship. How else are they going to identify your baby? You also need to bring it to Canada, which is going to require a passport, and to get a passport you need to be country's citizen.
I am a Canadian citizen and there are no problems with getting him the citizenship. What I'm trying to say is, if I go to Chongqing and get his application in, does that mean he automatically gets the citizenship status or do I have to wait until the entire process is complete before I can state on application forms that he is Canadian. I know they will issue us a temporary passport if we provide proof of travel, which means it would mean he is officially a Canadian (in process). Would it not?

I sure hope I don't have to wait until he gets his citizenship (upwards of a year) in order to complete my wife's application, let alone have all the information needed to finally send it in.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thyobear said:
I am a Canadian citizen and there are no problems with getting him the citizenship. What I'm trying to say is, if I go to Chongqing and get his application in, does that mean he automatically gets the citizenship status or do I have to wait until the entire process is complete before I can state on application forms that he is Canadian. I know they will issue us a temporary passport if we provide proof of travel, which means it would mean he is officially a Canadian (in process). Would it not?

I sure hope I don't have to wait until he gets his citizenship (upwards of a year) in order to complete my wife's application, let alone have all the information needed to finally send it in.
Understand that your son is ALREADY Canadian. He doesn't need to be granted citizenship, he just needs proof of citizenship.

I suggest you submit his Certificate of Citizenship app as soon as you can. You don't have to wait to submit your wife's PR app; include proof of the Certificate app (like the receipt), your birth certificate, the baby's birth certificate and a letter of explanation.

Mike.dawson

Sep 18, 2015
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st July 2015
AOR Received.
29th September 2015
File Transfer...
26th September 2015
Med's Request
26th June 2016
Med's Done....
28th June 2016
Passport Req..
12th September 2016
Hi
After transferring file to New Delhi. How long more time it'll take.
Thank you