+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
taffy7 said:
I believe you are going through the London office. If i am correct its a matter of time . I have also been in process from July 17th, others the same time have been getting Dm. Cross our fingers and hopefully we don't have long left to wait.
Has anybody here from july 2015 inland received a reply yet from cic?

harirk

Sep 11, 2015
HI,

I am in canada on the basis of Implied status, I came on visitor visa then I applied for PR family sponsorship thro my wife who is canadian. A month before ur visitor visa expires u should apply for an extension of Visitor, My lawyer told me there is clause that says its only pple who maintain their status that will be considered for OWP, So Like I did you should maintain ur visitor status by extending it every time it expires and apply for PR and OWP at the same time, The best thing is to hire a lawyer, a little mistake on your application can cost you dearly, you have option to hire him/her for few hours and help you in the initial documentation or you can contract him for the entire PR process which is ussually 2000 CA $ payable at arranged breakdowns

Thank and All the best

rishkataria said:
Thank you Ponga for all of the information you provided.

I will pay the $490 as well right away just to avoid any delays. my Wife's Visitor visa is expiring on 31st December 2015. as per the info you provided does it mean If I send her application today or tomorrow with the OWP then she will be able to stay in canada with me as she will be on Implied status right?

The other question I have is Do we send the OWP application in separate envelope or it will be in the same envelope with the immigration application? If its in the same Envelope do I have to put 5710 in the front or the back and do I have to attach any letter saying its for the owp?

Please advise.

harirk

Sep 11, 2015
candy_lite said:

Yes I did, if you havnt got any reply you can google ecas tracking then search ur application status using The receipt number or the PR number of ur spouce, If it was July you definatly see ur application status here

Thanks

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
harirk said:
Yes I did, if you havnt got any reply you can google ecas tracking then search ur application status using The receipt number or the PR number of ur spouce, If it was July you definatly see ur application status here

Thanks
Thanks. Won't show anything. :(

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
Hi guys!
We received an email requesting:
'1. An evidence that my sponsor intends to resume residence in Canada (i.e. evidence that she has set up residence, proof that she has looked for or secured employment, etc.)
2. A copy of all pages of your passport by mail, e-mail (warsaw-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca) or by fax.
Please provide the above within 30 days from the date of this correspondence.'

Question 1:
My wife didn't look for any jobs yet. I am a bit surprised cause they took only 49 days in Warsaw to send us this email and we were expecting to get it at the end of October or maybe in November. We looked for apartments online but didn't send any emails to real estate companies yet either.
We will look for both asap/this weekend but is it going to be OK if we start looking for an apartment/job for my wife only now and send these details as a proof to WVO?

Question 2:
Do I consider WVO asking for a copy of all pages of passport as PPR? Or do they ask for copies of passport first and an original passport later on?

Please help.

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
I need advice please...I live in UK curruntly..i came to UK on a spousal visa but me and my spouse got seperated 3years ago..I'm currently working on my divorce which will hopefully go through by december...I met my White Canadian girl in Uk and we have been dating for 1yr and 1month now..
We have been leaving together for 6moonths now...
1)We have all our letters coming to thesame address,
2)We have a joint account,
3)We have a lot pictures on facebook and instram of both of us together,
4)I have pix of me and her sisters coimng here to visit us on instagram and facebook and in our phones
5)We are both working here in UK and paying all our taxes
We plan to get married in January next year and she is going back to Canada in June while i'm going back to Nigeria in June as well because that is when my visa expires...
I want to put in my spousal visa application in june next year once i get to Nigeria.My questions here are:

1)Will the divorce affect my application
2)Will the say my application is too quick after my marriage
3)Should i do my police check in Uk before i get to Nigeria because once i get to Nigeria i will put in my apllication straight away
4)Am i suppose to put in my application before i do my medical or It is the embassy that will refer me to do my medical before i apply?
5)Can i use my Uk bank statements since i wont have any account history in Nigeria and I have been away for so long..

karen_df

Sep 23, 2015
Hi, May 2015 applicant here. Here's my timeline based on ECAS.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 25, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on August 4, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

So far the only email we got from cic was for request of additional documents (Appendix A & RFPR.) We haven't heard anything from them since submitting the additional documents. My concern is I did my medical exam long before we completed all the papers needed (August 2014) and we only submitted our application May 2015. According to our immigration lawyer, my husband got his sponsor approval in July. My online status is currently in process but I'm wondering when my medical result might expire and if it's going to be a problem? Thank you very much!

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
So I've booked in for an upfront medical for spousal sponsorship and have been told some confusing information surrounding UMI and IME numbers. I was told since I'm doing it upfront that i have an 'inactive IME number' and that they will create a UMI number for me and that I have to make sure that gets to immigration or otherwise my medical will show as incomplete. Is this UMI number what comes out on the print out I'm supposed to send in with my application and then CIC will use that number to link to my medical results? Anyone gone through a similar sounding process with their medical, is this normal?

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
karen_df said:

So far the only email we got from cic was for request of additional documents (Appendix A & RFPR.) We haven't heard anything from them since submitting the additional documents. My concern is I did my medical exam long before we completed all the papers needed (August 2014) and we only submitted our application May 2015. According to our immigration lawyer, my husband got his sponsor approval in July. My online status is currently in process but I'm wondering when my medical result might expire and if it's going to be a problem? Thank you very much!
lets hope that CEM could consider processing your papers first because i believe right now, they are currently processing january applicants followed by february applicants.

Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
candy_lite said:
I am a mid July applicant and I have not heard a as much as a drop from Cic with regards to anything.

sweet_ivy32

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2015
Passport Req..
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
in god's perfect time
karen_df said:

Usually medical expire after a year..

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
userpg said:
Hi guys!
We received an email requesting:
'1. An evidence that my sponsor intends to resume residence in Canada (i.e. evidence that she has set up residence, proof that she has looked for or secured employment, etc.)
2. A copy of all pages of your passport by mail, e-mail (warsaw-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca) or by fax.
Please provide the above within 30 days from the date of this correspondence.'

Question 1:
My wife didn't look for any jobs yet. I am a bit surprised cause they took only 49 days in Warsaw to send us this email and we were expecting to get it at the end of October or maybe in November. We looked for apartments online but didn't send any emails to real estate companies yet either.
We will look for both asap/this weekend but is it going to be OK if we start looking for an apartment/job for my wife only now and send these details as a proof to WVO?

Question 2:
Do I consider WVO asking for a copy of all pages of passport as PPR? Or do they ask for copies of passport first and an original passport later on?

Please help.
1) That's perfectly fine. Just show as much evidence as you can. Also you can show proof of your plans to give up jobs/rentals in your current country. You can also explain you didn't expect to get it so fast.

2) Are you from Poland? I assume so because of your avatar. If so, then you are visa exempt so I don't think you will get a true PPR. It's pretty common of them to ask for passport scans from visa-exempt countries. The only thing you need is an ETA.

Hei Long

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA 31-07-2015 ecas 21-07-2015 AOR 2 06-08-2015 IP 28-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015 DM 26-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2015
Happy Friday to everyone!
I just received PPR from Warsaw VO ( I'm Russian citizen), im currently in Canada on my TRV, have been here for 2,5 month, so I followed one of the options provided in email regarding passport submission -send to CPC Ottawa, so they should received it on Monday.
does anybody knows how long does it usually takes for them to send passport back?
Really appreciate your thoughts on this issue!
Cheers!

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Just another friendly reminder to add yourself to the 2015 timeline (if you applied in 2015) so that we can follow what's happening at the various visa offices. Link provided below my signature.

C.

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
Aquakitty said:
1) That's perfectly fine. Just show as much evidence as you can. Also you can show proof of your plans to give up jobs/rentals in your current country. You can also explain you didn't expect to get it so fast.

2) Are you from Poland? I assume so because of your avatar. If so, then you are visa exempt so I don't think you will get a true PPR. It's pretty common of them to ask for passport scans from visa-exempt countries. The only thing you need is an ETA.
Aquakitty, your answer makes me very happy :) Thank you.
It's a good idea to attache documents proofing that we are going to rent our apartment and garage, sell our car here, in Poland.
And yes, I'm from Poland. We would like to move asap so I am wondering if we will need the eTA in we move for example in November?