Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
canuck_in_uk said:
A few weeks won't make much difference, especially if your handle is accurate and you are a kiwi :). You'll have approval through the Sydney office well before your medical expires.
Yep am indeed a kiwi! So I should just book in an appointment now, and from what I understand the doctors office sends through the important info to the CIC? Or do they give me something to include with my application? We haven't paid the fees yet so I'm guessing at least wait until we've paid them to do the medical?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kiwi01 said:
Yep am indeed a kiwi! So I should just book in an appointment now, and from what I understand the doctors office sends through the important info to the CIC? Or do they give me something to include with my application? We haven't paid the fees yet so I'm guessing at least wait until we've paid them to do the medical?
Yes, book an appointment now. The Panel Physician will forward the results to CIC and give you a receipt to include in your app. There is no need to pay the application fees before you go for the medical; they don't ask for any proof.

Gopekob

Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have the question. I really appreciate your answer.
How long If my passport stamped from Singapore then I have to leave my country.
P.S. I didn't get PR approve yet.
Thank you so much.

Abhi5890

Sep 20, 2015
Hello,

I am permanant resident in canada. I have sponsored my husband in India in aug-2014.
He did his pre-medical on 28th may 2014. On 26th sep 2014, i got the news of transferring the file to delhi with the completion of sponsorship process. After that we got some documents verification request earlier in jan 2015 and a remedical request on 19th aug 2015 which we completed on 21st aug 2015. The online status shows that:
- We received your application for pr on sept 26th 2014.
-we started processing your application on july 29th 2015.
-Medical results have been received.

Can u pls tell us what is the next step n how long will I have to wait to see him here? Its been a month after the remedical and still there is no sign of passport request. Please help us with whatever u can.

Thank you.

Puvaneswari

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
In Process: 09-10-2015
File Transfer...
01-07-2015
Med's Request
Apr 1st 2016
Med's Done....
Apr 2nd 2016
Passport Req..
Apr 26th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
May 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi There,

My husband lives in Canada.I applied for PR Apr-2015 and received an email from CIC stating that file is transferred to Delhi on July-2015.

My application status is showing Application Received only.

May I know what is the next step and how long I need to wait.

Thanks,
Puvaneswari.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Puvaneswari said:
Hi There,

My husband lives in Canada.I applied for PR Apr-2015 and received an email from CIC stating that file is transferred to Delhi on July-2015.

My application status is showing Application Received only.

May I know what is the next step and how long I need to wait.

Thanks,
Puvaneswari.
Check out the spreadsheets:

NDVO 2014: http://goo.gl/GfDVn9
NDVO 2015: http://tinyurl.com/m58s2q

(There is also an overall 2015 spreadsheet in my signature)

New Delhi 2015 thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2015-spousal-visa-applicants-t258676.0.html

Crawley007

Sep 12, 2015
Hello. I have a question about immigration photos.

I've been hearing about the need for the applicant to have 4 photographs of themselves for the sponsorship package.
However, looking at the Document Checklist, I do not see this listed.

So my question/questions are, 1) Is it true that this is needed and 2) If it is, what other things are not on the Document Checklist that are needed?

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Crawley007 said:
Hello. I have a question about immigration photos.

I've been hearing about the need for the applicant to have 4 photographs of themselves for the sponsorship package.
However, looking at the Document Checklist, I do not see this listed.

So my question/questions are, 1) Is it true that this is needed and 2) If it is, what other things are not on the Document Checklist that are needed?
There are three places to look on the Immigration website..1. The Sponsorship Forms, 2.The Immigrant Forms and 3. The Information Guide. The links are included on my post as part of my profile.
I believe the 4 photos you refer to are in the Information Guide. You scroll down and select your region and anything you need that is not listed in the forms will be listed.

nbpb

Sep 21, 2015
Hello,

I am a Canadian citizen currently living in London with my British husband. We both intend to move to Canada (fairly soon-ish). I was wondering if any of you could assist us with the below:

1. How can I show I will support my spouse, if we are both living in UK?
2. Would my spouse be able to work on a temporary work visa while the application is being processed?
3. After he receives his visa, would he need to apply for any other permits to work or the spouse visa will suffice?
4. How long does the whole process take i.e. for sponsor and applicant in London?

Many thanks,
Nb

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
nbpb said:
1. How can I show I will support my spouse, if we are both living in UK?
2. Would my spouse be able to work on a temporary work visa while the application is being processed?
3. After he receives his visa, would he need to apply for any other permits to work or the spouse visa will suffice?
4. How long does the whole process take i.e. for sponsor and applicant in London?
Hi

1. You can show this through any combination of current income, income potential, savings, investments, family support etc. CIC wants to see that you will be able to support yourselves without welfare.

2. There is no work permit with an outland application. If you applied inland once you are both in Canada, there is an option to apply for a work permit but inland takes more than TWICE as long as outland and is not recommended for Brits.

3. He would be a PR and not need to apply for anything.

4. London averages around 10 months right now. Move over to the London thread and have a look at the spreadsheet http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.18345.html.

CBA321

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 August , 2015
AOR Received.
30 Sept , 2015
File Transfer...
SA 20 October 2015. IP 23 October AOR2 27 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront 11 July 2015
The following link on CIC has been updated ...

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=ecas

Will it affect the processing time for new applicants?

nbpb

Sep 21, 2015
Sorry one more question - Can we apply for PR from other city i.e. Paris etc.? or would we need to apply from London only?

thanks,
Nb

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nbpb said:
Sorry one more question - Can we apply for PR from other city i.e. Paris etc.? or would we need to apply from London only?

thanks,
Nb
No - you cannot randomly pick any visa office. Your application will be processed through London.

Your application is however sent to Mississauga. Mississauga will forward the application to London.

sally7

Sep 18, 2015
Hi
Can someone kindly tell me how long would it take to get decision made? My husband online status right now is
1. His application for PR received on sep 29, 2014
2. His application has been in process since july 27, 2015
3. Medical has been recieved
In July 6th they asked for anothet police certificate which we submitted a month later on August 7th theh asked for my husband military exemption which we submitted again and on sep 5th i received our photos back that i had submitted for proof of relationship.

Can some one please tell me how long more we have to wait?

Thank you so much in advance