28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
David83 said:
OK, so, the visitor VISA option is not easy, but let us say that it was granted. When my wife comes to Canada, can I apply a sponsorship application to her while she is in Canada or they won't allow this neither?
If your wife is able to obtain a visa then she can come to Canada and you can sponsor her from there.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
David83 said:
OK, thanks.
Just look at some of the successful TRV threads, basically you just have to show strong ties to home country, like job, family, house etc.

D

David83

Aquakitty said:
Just look at some of the successful TRV threads, basically you just have to show strong ties to home country, like job, family, house etc.
I saw one successful story recently. But still, even if we show strong ties to home, it is not guaranteed after all, and I simply cannot take the risk. This may jeopardize my whole situation after waiting for almost 3 years to get my PR. I wish I knew this in advance, I would have acted differently.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
David83 said:
I saw one successful story recently. But still, even if we show strong ties to home, it is not guaranteed after all, and I simply cannot take the risk. This may jeopardize my whole situation after waiting for almost 3 years to get my PR. I wish I knew this in advance, I would have acted differently.
Er, what risk? Apply for it before the PR. If they refuse it, it will have no bearing on the PR app.

D

David83

Aquakitty said:
Er, what risk? Apply for it before the PR. If they refuse it, it will have no bearing on the PR app.
The risk I am talking about is that for me and my wife to be geographically separated for 2 years (=the sponsorship processing time in my country) if she doesn't get her VISA, so that she will stay at my country, while at the same time I have to be in Canada during the sponsorship process. Is this right? Is there any other alternative?

thommyb

Aug 28, 2015
Social assistance & sponsoring question

Hi all... Just had a quick question.

Unfortunately with the circumstances I'm a little worried now with some heard info...
I am ready to submit my Outland sponsorship application to sponsor my husband.
In the year 2014, for 6 months, I was on social assistance. I have not been on it since November 2014, and have been working full time since and full time before the assistance. I didn't do anything really to stop my assistance, I just stopped giving my income state fa for each month which makes you not get any money.

So my question is, will I have trouble being accepted as a sponsor while I was on social assistance 10 months ago for a short period of time, even though I am working full time now? And would I still be on the recipient lost though I'm not receiving money, just I don't think I formally ended it?

Thank you!!!!!!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
David83 said:
The risk I am talking about is that for me and my wife to be geographically separated for 2 years (=the sponsorship processing time in my country) if she doesn't get her VISA, so that she will stay at my country, while at the same time I have to be in Canada during the sponsorship process. Is this right? Is there any other alternative?
The only alternative is to hand back your COPR before landing and redo the app and put her on it. If you apply for the TRV before applying for her PR you will keep your options open, you can apply for TRV over and over addressing the issues they had for refusing it. What are the requirements of your current PR when you land? Can you leave the country? I don't know much about other PR types aside from spousal.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Re: Social assistance & sponsoring question

thommyb said:
Hi all... Just had a quick question.

Unfortunately with the circumstances I'm a little worried now with some heard info...
I am ready to submit my Outland sponsorship application to sponsor my husband.
In the year 2014, for 6 months, I was on social assistance. I have not been on it since November 2014, and have been working full time since and full time before the assistance. I didn't do anything really to stop my assistance, I just stopped giving my income state fa for each month which makes you not get any money.

So my question is, will I have trouble being accepted as a sponsor while I was on social assistance 10 months ago for a short period of time, even though I am working full time now? And would I still be on the recipient lost though I'm not receiving money, just I don't think I formally ended it?

Thank you!!!!!!
I heard before there can be a problem with still being on the list but not receiving social assistance, I would call and see if/when you were removed.

D

David83

Aquakitty said:
The only alternative is to hand back your COPR before landing and redo the app and put her on it. If you apply for the TRV before applying for her PR you will keep your options open, you can apply for TRV over and over addressing the issues they had for refusing it. What are the requirements of your current PR when you land? Can you leave the country? I don't know much about other PR types aside from spousal.
I applied under QSW. Redoing my application would require me to apply again for the CSQ which would take 18 months before start again with the PR application. What do you mean the requirements? All I know is that I need to be be in Canada for 2 years out of 5 to keep my PR status. But if I want to sponsor someone I need to be in Canada during the sponsorship's processing time.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
David83 said:
I applied under QSW. Redoing my application would require me to apply again for the CSQ which would take 18 months before start again with the PR application. What do you mean the requirements? All I know is that I need to be be in Canada for 2 years out of 5 to keep my PR status. But if I want to sponsor someone I need to be in Canada during the sponsorship's processing time.

Yea, PR has to be in the country, brain fart there. I think your only choice is to create a stellar visitor app for your wife.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-processing-time-changed-t346380.0.html

Please take a look, CIC has changed processing time again

tubbateena

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ours says:

1.We received 's application for permanent residence on June 2, 2015.
2. We started processing 's application on August 11, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

it was only #'s 1 and 3 since last Wednesday, and then today when my husband check the email ( also check your spam/junk folder fyi) he got an email saying they assigned a fike number for him and they have started processing his application for PR on Aug 11 but somehow there was a part on his email that was highligted and said that:

At the end of this document is a request for additional documentation required within 30 days.
Once you have complied with this request, if any additional information or documentation is required to assess your application, we will contact you or your designated representative.
Please note that the documentation requested in this letter is required even if you receive a subsequent letter from our office asking for additional documentation.

but we looked at the attachment and it was only showing the "government of Canada logo" that we see on all their correspondence.
anybody had the same issue? because we don't wanna be missing a doc that we were supposed to submit in the 30 day period if there ever was.

we emailed them just this weekend to clarify...

D

David83

Aquakitty said:
Yea, PR has to be in the country, brain fart there. I think your only choice is to create a stellar visitor app for your wife.
What is a stellar visitor app?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
David83 said:
What is a stellar visitor app?
Stellar is slang for amazing, well-done. There are lots of threads on here about creating a good application for TRV.