Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
HolyMan said:
Dear All,

I am PR holder and sponsored my spouse in Family sponsorship program (OUTLAND) in Feb 2015. since the processing time is very long almost 16 months and my wife is not with me. i am planning to go back to my home country while my spouse's PR in process and planning to come back later once she get the PR.
will there be any impact on my spouse PR if i do so. if yes then how about a vacation for a month?
your expert advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I believe sponsors who are not Canadian citizens must reside in Canada while sponsoring their spouse. I could be wrong however.

josephinecudisal

Mar 5, 2011
I'm currently on work permit under live in caregiver program. I applied for an open work permit and pr last may 2015. I got refused for an open permit july 30,2015 because i didnt enter canada as live incaregiver because i am on student visa. The cic issued work permit to me under live in caregiver and they said i am not qualified. I called the immgration and said that my pr will be affected to. And they want me to wait 2-3 weeks before i withdraw my pr application. The call centre agent give me another option so that i can get my pr through spousal sponsorship because i am already married here and my husband is a permanent resident. If we are going to apply under spousal sponsorship i need to included the open permit application form?what kind of form do i need? Also, once we pass the application form am i still allowed to continue workinrg as live in caregiver because my work permit will expire on april 2016. Or need to leave my employer?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HolyMan said:
Dear All,

I am PR holder and sponsored my spouse in Family sponsorship program (OUTLAND) in Feb 2015. since the processing time is very long almost 16 months and my wife is not with me. i am planning to go back to my home country while my spouse's PR in process and planning to come back later once she get the PR.
will there be any impact on my spouse PR if i do so. if yes then how about a vacation for a month?
your expert advise will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
You need to be living in Canada while her application is being processed from start to end. Occasional short (e.g. 3 weeks) trips outside of Canada are fine. If you stay out for a few months - you'll be putting your application at risk of being refused.

amostpainfulwait

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
08-07-2015
File Transfer...
27-07-2015; AOR2: 03-08-2015
Hey scylla,

I plan on visiting my wife abroad for a span of 6 weeks during the holiday season towards the end of the year/beginning of next year. Although the time frame is noticeably larger than what you have mentioned, I will be employed under the same employer (and this will merely be a vacation). Do you suspect CIC of finding this trip to be questionable? Also, if they did suspect anything, would they not inquire first for proof that it is only a temporary stay abroad (before an outright refusal or perhaps even an interview)?

I am just curious because I have already taken the vacation leave from my employer, purchased my plane tickets and planned my vacation. Evidences such as signed and approved vacation forms, return plane tickets, strong ties to Canada (such as of my residence being here, my living with my parents who can attest to the fact that I will only be away on vacation, active Canadian bank accounts, etc.) can be provided to CIC upon request.

I don't understand why CIC would deem a visit that is a month or two long to see your family, potential grounds for refusal...any insight into this would be much appreciated.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
amostpainfulwait said:
Hey scylla,

I plan on visiting my wife abroad for a span of 6 weeks during the holiday season towards the end of the year/beginning of next year. Although the time frame is noticeably larger than what you have mentioned, I will be employed under the same employer (and this will merely be a vacation). Do you suspect CIC of finding this trip to be questionable? Also, if they did suspect anything, would they not inquire first for proof that it is only a temporary stay abroad (before an outright refusal or perhaps even an interview)?

I am just curious because I have already taken the vacation leave from my employer, purchased my plane tickets and planned my vacation. Evidences such as signed and approved vacation forms, return plane tickets, strong ties to Canada (such as of my residence being here, my living with my parents who can attest to the fact that I will only be away on vacation, active Canadian bank accounts, etc.) can be provided to CIC upon request.

I don't understand why CIC would deem a visit that is a month or two long to see your family, potential grounds for refusal...any insight into this would be much appreciated.
Is visiting abroad an issue? I'm going back and forth between Canada and the UAE (tourist visa) while our application is processed. I explained this in our application. It's tough living in limbo.

C.

mmwj

Aug 4, 2015
I was wondering if someone here could help clarify some things for me..

Im currently in the process of sponsoring my husband who lives in the Dominican Republic. I am obviously a canadian citizen.

I am aware that he needs to get his Medical exam and Criminal background check done. My question is, do these documents need to be included with the application when I send it OR can we wait until he recieves a letter from immgration requesting these documents?

Also, am i able to legalize and translate his documents here in Canada for him or does he need to do this in the dominican republic?

laizalaiza22

Aug 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
April 21, 2015
File Transfer...
May 13, 2015
Med's Done....
January 27, 2015 upfront
Passport Req..
June 19, 2015 Passport Sent July 7, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon ☺☺☺☺
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon ☺☺☺☺
Good Day po! Ask ko lang po march 2015 spousal sponsorship po applicant, I just wanna share my timeline

March 11, 2015 - application sent
April 21, 2015 - AOR
May 13, 2015 - Sponsorship Approval
June 19, 2015 - PPR
July 7, 2015 - Passport Sent
August - still waiting for passport with visa

Ask ko lang po nag DM na po ba kau? Kz po until Application received and medical received pa din po sa ecas.. Please reply po, and pashare naman po ng timeline... Thanks po

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
mmwj said:
I was wondering if someone here could help clarify some things for me..

Im currently in the process of sponsoring my husband who lives in the Dominican Republic. I am obviously a canadian citizen.

I am aware that he needs to get his Medical exam and Criminal background check done. My question is, do these documents need to be included with the application when I send it OR can we wait until he recieves a letter from immgration requesting these documents?

Also, am i able to legalize and translate his documents here in Canada for him or does he need to do this in the dominican republic?
1st yes u can wait and submit docs without medical and police reports, but get ready

Translation I m not awRe of it

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
laizalaiza22 said:
Good Day po! Ask ko lang po march 2015 spousal sponsorship po applicant, I just wanna share my timeline

March 11, 2015 - application sent
April 21, 2015 - AOR
May 13, 2015 - Sponsorship Approval
June 19, 2015 - PPR
July 7, 2015 - Passport Sent
August - still waiting for passport with visa

Ask ko lang po nag DM na po ba kau? Kz po until Application received and medical received pa din po sa ecas.. Please reply po, and pashare naman po ng timeline... Thanks po
Dont worry po kasi majority kaming mga February applicants wla pa rin pong update.

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
josephinecudisal said:
Can you reply to my post please. I need your opinion and suggestion please.
I think no one has responded because your situation is very unique and complex. This would be a good time to consult with a good immigration lawyer. I don't think any of us here are equipped to provide the kind of advice you're looking for.

kumar5

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
hi i am living in canada as a resident PR .want to sponsor my spouse. but the timeline has been revised as 16 months its a so ling time.
have couple of question in my mind
(1) after doing applciation as a spouse PR does my wife apply as a visitor visa so that we can stay together atleast for some time when PR application is going on??
(2) If i have suffficinet bank balance and if i quit my job can i sponsor my spouse or is there anything stated you can not sposor if you are not working as a part time ???/
pls help me

VN

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
Hi people, I am stuck with a few minor but important questions and am hoping you guys can help:

1. In the document checklist for Sponsor (IMM 5491) under # 19 it asks "If you must meet the minimum income requirement" then you have to provide some documents. My question is - what is the minimum income requirement? Also, for rental income, it gives an example of "evidence" - "statement of real estate rentals" - what exactly is this?

2. In the India specific guide, Appendix A, #2 - they require some documents for any family member who is a Canadian citizen or PR - now if my wife has a sister who is a PR already - do we need to provide her information? Or by family do they mean just husband and wife?

3. In the India specific guide, Appendix A, #8 - you are supposed to provide photos of your "family" - again who is family according to them - just husband and wife or mother, father, sister, brother?

Thanks in advance guys!!