+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

badestmus

Jul 6, 2015
Please I just receive this email. All I need to know is that I send them my police certificate ending of April but now they are asking for me to send it again. Please I want to know if I should go get another police certificate and send to them?
Please I need help asap
Thanks

YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.

PASSPORT(S)

[/quote]

angeljhun21

Jul 4, 2015
angeljhun21 said:
hi guys i urgently need a help ...
ok so my future-to-be husband was petitioned by his mother with our son. and the petition was approved,they're now in canada last june 13,2015 waiting for their PERMANENT RESIDENCY CARD,,, and at the end of august my husband and son (1 yr old and 7 months) will be coming back here in the philippines for us to have a civil wedding (BECAUSE WE'RE NOT YET MARRIED AND HE WAS PETITIONED AS A SINGLE STUDENT) and after 1 month my husband would be going back to canada and will be working. so my question is can he already process and apply a spousal sponsorship? and can u please help me out on how to prepare everything..PLEASE GUYS I NEED HELP

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
canadavisa2116 said:
Thanks for your prompt response.
So with this i can rule out inland application. I don't want to have any risk on re-entry, as she will have travel plans for abroad.
For outland, If not buffalo, can I give NY for her application, for 2 reasons.
1) Processing in USA should be faster than India,
2) If called for an interview, she doesn't have to travel half way around the globe.

Questions -
Can outland application be processed from within Canada, as you mentioned from CPC-Ottawa,
Is it faster than processing from India?

Thanks again in Advance!
You used to be able to choose the visa office. Not anymore. CIC will send it wherever they see fit. Generally speaking, though, ANYTHING is faster than the New Delhi office!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
angeljhun21 said:
[A]t the end of august my husband and son (1 yr old and 7 months) will be coming back here in the philippines for us to have a civil wedding (BECAUSE WE'RE NOT YET MARRIED AND HE WAS PETITIONED AS A SINGLE STUDENT) and after 1 month my husband would be going back to canada and will be working. so my question is can he already process and apply a spousal sponsorship? and can u please help me out on how to prepare everything..PLEASE GUYS I NEED HELP
Were you and your husband living together for a year or longer before he landed in Canada? If so, then you should have been included on his application as a common-law partner, and not doing so would render you forever ineligible from being sponsored as a spouse or partner.

If not, then he can begin the process to sponsor you as his spouse after you are legally married.

Given current absurdly long times for sending initial PR cards, your husband may need to apply for a PR Travel Document to assure his re-entry to Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
angeljhun21 said:
Because his mother was a live in caregiver and they were her dependents . And my husband was petitioned before we met thats why when the petition was approved his status was single but we already have a baby and my baby's last name was followed after him .. so his mother included our baby as her dependents because he is having their last name
In that case you have several big problems on your hands. The first is that your husband no longer qualified to immigrate to Canada as part of his mother's application since he was now common law with you (it doesn't matter what his status was at the time the application was submitted/when he was petitioned - what matters was his status at the time he landed). By landing as a single individual and failing to declare you as his common law partner he committed misrepresentation on two fronts (failing to declare you & landing on a PR visa he was no longer entitled to use). If CIC finds out about these misrepresentations, his PR status may very well be revoked.

He can also technically never sponsor you. If he tries to sponsor you now as his common law partner, CIC will quickly figured out that he lied to get PR status - then refuse your application and quite possibly revoke his PR status. Even if you applied as a married couple - you still face the risk CIC may find out your relationship was common law and pre-dated his landing in Canada. The best option would be for you to immigrate on your own through an immigration program such as Express Entry or one of the Provincial Nominee programs. I would recommend you read through the requirements to see if you qualify to apply. Spousal sponsorship is problematic for you due to your husband's misrepresentations and the fact that he fraudulently landed as part of his mother's PR application (this is an immigration crime/violation and will be treated as such if CIC finds out).

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
angeljhun21 said:
And we've been boyfriend girlfriend for almost 5 yrs till present but we never live together in one roof would that be ok? Me and my baby lived with my family i just recently moved in there house when they already went to canada because nobody will take good care of their house
If you never actually lived together, then you would not have ever qualified as a common-law partner. Your husband could begin the sponsorship process with you as his spouse after you are legally married.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
angeljhun21 said:
And we've been boyfriend girlfriend for almost 5 yrs till present but we never live together in one roof would that be ok? Me and my baby lived with my family i just recently moved in there house when they already went to canada because nobody will take good care of their house
You previously wrote that you had lived together for 2 year but it looks like you deleted the comment. Saying that you haven't lived together would mean lying in your application and falsifying documents - which is yet another immigration crime / violation. If that's the route you're going to go - I can't give you any further advice.

angeljhun21

Jul 4, 2015
I am so sorry guys in the first place his mother may have known this would happen
And it just breaks my heart knowing that . :'( its so hard

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
badestmus said:
Please I just receive this email. All I need to know is that I send them my police certificate ending of April but now they are asking for me to send it again. Please I want to know if I should go get another police certificate and send to them?
Your e-mail is not quoted, so it is impossible to see the request in context. However, if the choice is "do what the visa office asks" and "don't do what the visa office asks," then the correct answer is inevitably "do what the visa office asks."

They may have lost your original police certificate, or it may be old and expired, or they may have internal questions about its accuracy and want a re-issue, or they may be asking for a certificate from some other country where you lived (check the wording). In any case, the proper thing to do is "get a new police certificate and send it." If you are sure that they have, in their possession, a valid and original police certificate for all of the countries where you need to submit one, then you may also write them a polite e-mail and ask them to check for it.

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Majromax said:
if the choice is "do what the visa office asks" and "don't do what the visa office asks," then the correct answer is inevitably "do what the visa office asks."
Bahahahaha! Yes! +1,000,000 if I could for that bit of wisdom! So many people on here don't get that.

Rayvan

Dec 16, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
IELTS Request
yes
Med's Request
05-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Spousal sponsorship Upfront medical

Hell Everyone,
I found this is a FANTASTIC forum. Thanks to people who puts extra efforts.

Anyways, I have Canadian PR doing job in Ontario.
I am sponsoring for my wife she is from Bangladesh. Preparing all documents such as
1. Passport copy
2. Birth certificates
3. Police clearance
4.Marrige Certificate
5. Nikaha Nama
6.Wedding Photos
7. Travelling Documents ticket
8.Money sending Documents /receipt
9.Emails/ Phone bills
10.Photos
Anything else doc missing please let me know

How about MEDICAL???
When she needs to go for medical test? After application or before?
I am little bit confuse about Upfront medical

Please he
lp me with well advice/suggestion
Thanks

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Re: Spousal sponsorship Upfront medical

Rayvan said:
How about MEDICAL???
When she needs to go for medical test? After application or before?
I am little bit confuse about Upfront medical
"Upfront" means "in advance," which is to say before submitting the application. Your wife will need to be examined by an approved panel physician.

baba88

Jun 10, 2015
Majromax and friends,
i got arranged married couple months back to someone I didn't know (arranged marriage) and came back to canada just 2 weeks after my wedding. To make my relationship proof stronger, should I go visit her before applying for sponsorship? Majromax, you know my case better.. u replied to my other psots earlier. Also Ive never been to Pakistan before getting married and married a chick my parents chose.

visa1info1

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Dear All,
I am from pakistan and my husband applied my spouse visa in canada. Below is my timeline
App received 4th june 2014
File transfered to london visa office 30th july 2014
In all this time we did not hear anythin from them. They didnt ask us for anything
My ecas status changed to in process recently. I think on 30th june 2015 and the processing started on 26th june 2015.
my question is that what are the processing times of london visa office? Did any applicant from june 2014 got their visa ? Can you tell me that how long after the file is 'in process' takes for it to be 'decision made' on the ecas? i am really worried because we did not hear anything from them. Please tell me approximately how much time it takes after in process for passport request or decision made ??
regards
May Allah SWT help all of us. Ameen.

zoeh21

Jul 7, 2015
i have queries regards of application of common-law sponsorship.
I am permanent resident here in Canada since December 4, 2014.
I would like to sponsor my common-law fro permanent residency.
Our relationship started last June 21, 2012. we lived together November 1, 2012 up to now present, its been almost 3 years.
My concerned now, during my application i put my marital status single not common-law.
if i am going to sponsor him, does it affect to the common law sponsorship?
pls need your help.
we have lots of supporting documents to proof that our relationship is genuine.