+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

canadian /nepal

Jun 17, 2015
well my husband had his interview in New Delhi and the result is they put our file on hold !! never herd of this now have to wait for an email from them if they need more ,1st he went to the interview with out a translator that was terrible so he had to go the next day with a translator that he was told to get even though he speaks good English ,then the VO said they have a problem how we talk bc I don't know nepali and his English is not to good like wow i am Canadian and his English is better than mine he corrects me now will look at al the documents and then decide ,well if they refuse they have given me no choice to leave Canada and live with my husband ! yes we are 16 years age difference but love has no age and I love my husband and he loves me we have talked always with no problems when i am in Nepal he is my translator what is the damn problem he talked to her in English and she understood everything so why make it hard on us and make me choose between my family and my husband this is just so wrong !!! :( but I will choose my husband I married him to be with him not to keep living apart like this iam willing to give up everything I have in Canada to be with my husband

baba88

Jun 10, 2015
canadian /nepal said:
well my husband had his interview in New Delhi and the result is they put our file on hold !! never herd of this now have to wait for an email from them if they need more ,1st he went to the interview with out a translator that was terrible so he had to go the next day with a translator that he was told to get even though he speaks good English ,then the VO said they have a problem how we talk bc I don't know nepali and his English is not to good like wow i am Canadian and his English is better than mine he corrects me now will look at al the documents and then decide ,well if they refuse they have given me no choice to leave Canada and live with my husband ! yes we are 16 years age difference but love has no age and I love my husband and he loves me we have talked always with no problems when i am in Nepal he is my translator what is the damn problem he talked to her in English and she understood everything so why make it hard on us and make me choose between my family and my husband this is just so wrong !!! :( but I will choose my husband I married him to be with him not to keep living apart like this iam willing to give up everything I have in Canada to be with my husband
16 years whos older :O

dt466e

Apr 10, 2014
hello..i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but my wife in Philippines completed her medical, and it said to "mail E-form to the office listed above" but there is no office listed..

I am in Canada, does she need to sent it to the CIC in Canada that is handling our file??

thank you

doaaa

Jul 1, 2015
Hello to all.First I wanna say that this forum help me a lot to come to Canada and thank you for everybody here. Now one question is it possible to bring my wife and daughter to Canada as permanent resident,I know that I can, but the problem is that my wife got sick from kidney failure and she is now on dialysis back home so can anybody help me with this problem???? Thanks ......

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
doaaa said:
Hello to all.First I wanna say that this forum help me a lot to come to Canada and thank you for everybody here. Now one question is it possible to bring my wife and daughter to Canada as permanent resident,I know that I can, but the problem is that my wife got sick from kidney failure and she is now on dialysis back home so can anybody help me with this problem???? Thanks ......
The answer depends critically on whether you were married at the time of your original permanent residency application.

If so, then she must have been included on your original application. Failure to include her (and to have her medically examined and such) would be misrepresentation, and by policy CIC permanently bars anyone from being sponsored who were left off an earlier application.

If not -- if you married after landing as a permanent resident -- then you can probably sponsor her via the family sponsorship process. Fortunately (if this applies to you), spouses are not subject to the "excessive medical demand" criterion.

That said, even if she does receive permanent residence, most provinces have a waiting period between landing and becoming eligible for provincial health insurance. You would be responsible out-of-pocket for treatment costs related to your wife's kidney condition, which would not be cheap.

Holy_Aljhane

Jun 24, 2015
dt466e said:
hello..i don't know if this is the right place to ask, but my wife in Philippines completed her medical, and it said to "mail E-form to the office listed above" but there is no office listed..

I am in Canada, does she need to sent it to the CIC in Canada that is handling our file??

thank you
hi, she just need to attached the form given in St. Lukes in her application as it was listed in the Checklist " IMM 3905", St. Lukes will be the one to send the result in CIC, she just needed that attachment proving that she already done the medical.

doaaa

Jul 1, 2015
Thanks for answer and yes we are married for over 15 years now and we should come together but my agency tell me that it is better that I come first to Canada then them so we did it like that and in the mean time she got sick now. Ok so what I think is to call CiC and tell them the situation and see what they will tell me and I'm willing to pay for her treatment what ever I need to do I will do it.
Thanks one more time.....

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
doaaa said:
Thanks for answer and yes we are married for over 15 years now and we should come together but my agency tell me that it is better that I come first to Canada then them so we did it like that and in the mean time she got sick now.
Unfortunately, if this is accurate then I believe that you were lied to, and following this advice may have ended any chance of your wife and daughter coming to Canada.

If your wife and young daughter were healthy at the time of your original PR application, then there would have probably been very little problem applying with them included, so that you could all move to Canada together. CIC would have wanted medical exams and the application fees for each, but if they were healthy at the time then there would have been no medical barrier.

If your wife was ill at the time of your original PR application, then your+her application might have been refused on "excessive medical demand" grounds. However, that means that your current application would have been obtained solely through misrepresentation, meaning you would have committed fraud to gain entry to Canada (by claiming to be single). If CIC chooses to be particularly vigilant about their rules, then this material misrepresentation might result in the revocation of your own PR status.

Hsen

Jul 2, 2015
Letter Notice of approval delay

Hi,

on my online profile, I've been informed since April 9th that a decision had been made about my sponsorship request for my wife, and an answer had been sent to me by mail. Since then, I haven't yet received the letter that's telling me that I'm accepted as a sponsor to be able to proceed. I called CIC, I sent an email and a Fax. They told me that they'd asked the departement which takes care of it and I have to wait. The letter was supposed to be sent 3 months ago, and now the visa office in lebanon is giving me 60 days to complete the request. I called back CIC, and still, the answer is that they sent a request to the department and nothing much could be done.

Any suggestion? Idea?

Thanks

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Re: Letter Notice of approval delay

Hsen said:
on my online profile, I've been informed since April 9th that a decision had been made about my sponsorship request for my wife, and an answer had been sent to me by mail. Since then, I haven't yet received the letter that's telling me that I'm accepted as a sponsor to be able to proceed.
Does your eCAS say that the correspondence was actually sent via postal mail? As far as I am aware, Mississauga usually sends out an e-mail for sponsorship approval, consisting of a generic letter plus a pdf attachment with the actual information.

You may want to check your spam filters in case it was classified as junk mail. On the other hand, junk mail from April may have been deleted as old by now.

The letter was supposed to be sent 3 months ago, and now the visa office in lebanon is giving me 60 days to complete the request.
What do you mean by "giving me 60 days to complete the request?" From what you have said thus far, nobody has requested anything of you -- you have requested things of them.

On the plus side, if the Lebanon office has anything to do with your application, then that almost certainly means that you have received sponsorship approval (provided you chose to withdraw the application if sponsorship were rejected). The SA letter is not a vital part of the process, unless you need it to apply for a CSQ if you are Québec-bound.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
doaaa said:
Thanks for answer and yes we are married for over 15 years now and we should come together but my agency tell me that it is better that I come first to Canada then them so we did it like that and in the mean time she got sick now. Ok so what I think is to call CiC and tell them the situation and see what they will tell me and I'm willing to pay for her treatment what ever I need to do I will do it.
Thanks one more time.....
More information is needed.

Did you mention your wife and daughter in your PR application? Did they go through a medical examination as part of your application process? In other words, when you applied for PR, did you include your wife and daughter but flag them as non-accompanying? If the answers to all of these questions is yes - then you can sponsor them now without any issues.

Ratangm

May 29, 2015
Hello there

I am going to sponsor my wife. As I live in Toronto I need her to fill up part of the application. She lives in Bangladesh. Can someone who already applied for family class sponsorship let me know which forms need her signature as I don't to make mistake. Its just a cross match.

Thank you in advance.

ticky

Jul 1, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2016
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
File Transfer...
29-10-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not requested
Hoping someone can give me some advice here as there is a lot of information to try and process. Australian here currently in Toronto with my Canadian girl who I married a couple weeks ago. My two-year work visa expired and I was denied a new one due to a timing issue (my fault). I will be going down to the border to re-enter as a visitor and apply for a new two-year visa, but that will take two months.

In the meantime, I need to get off my ass and apply for a spousal PR and I have a few questions:

1) On the CIC processing times page, if the person being sponsored lives in Canada (which I do), it says the total waiting time is 25 months with the initial assessment being 15 months. Does this mean I should say I don't live in Canada or does it not count as living if I am a visitor here/on a temp work permit?

2a) I am leaning towards sending the application to Australia due to the shorter waiting period. If I send it to Australia, am I still able to send in an open work permit application and if so, at what stage/time frame does this get approved? I've read something about two stages for processing, but haven't seen any information on how long each stage takes, or is her approval one stage and my approval another?

2b) If I apply in Canada, the opening post says I shouldn't leave the country. What exactly does this mean? I will ruin the application if I leave the country at all, as in a day trip to Buffalo, or that if I leave the country, there is a slight chance I'll have an issue at the border and not be let in, thus ruining my application.

Thanks in advance, hoping to get through all this without the need of paying a lawyer thousands of dollars.

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ticky said:
Hoping someone can give me some advice here as there is a lot of information to try and process. Australian here currently in Toronto with my Canadian girl who I married a couple weeks ago. My two-year work visa expired and I was denied a new one due to a timing issue (my fault). I will be going down to the border to re-enter as a visitor and apply for a new two-year visa, but that will take two months.

In the meantime, I need to get off my ass and apply for a spousal PR and I have a few questions:

1) On the CIC processing times page, if the person being sponsored lives in Canada (which I do), it says the total waiting time is 25 months with the initial assessment being 15 months. Does this mean I should say I don't live in Canada or does it not count as living if I am a visitor here/on a temp work permit?

2a) I am leaning towards sending the application to Australia due to the shorter waiting period. If I send it to Australia, am I still able to send in an open work permit application and if so, at what stage/time frame does this get approved? I've read something about two stages for processing, but haven't seen any information on how long each stage takes, or is her approval one stage and my approval another?

2b) If I apply in Canada, the opening post says I shouldn't leave the country. What exactly does this mean? I will ruin the application if I leave the country at all, as in a day trip to Buffalo, or that if I leave the country, there is a slight chance I'll have an issue at the border and not be let in, thus ruining my application.

Thanks in advance, hoping to get through all this without the need of paying a lawyer thousands of dollars.
1. Even if you are living in Canada, you can still apply via the Outland route, as Inland takes forever.

2a. No, you cannot get the OWP for Inland applicants if you apply Outland. You might be able to get a work permit under some other program, but if you can't then you'll just have to be a visitor, unfortunately.

2b. This one I'm not too sure about, but I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to leave at all.

As always, seniors correct me if I'm wrong!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
ticky said:
I will be going down to the border to re-enter as a visitor and apply for a new two-year visa, but that will take two months.
This may prove problematic. There is a realistic chance that CBSA will refuse your entry as a visitor because you have already overstayed an earlier temporary status. If it has been less than 90 days since the expiry of your visa, you may apply to restore your status from within Canada.

That is the inland application process. This process is available to applicants who live with their sponsors in Canada at the time of application and for the duration of the process. It is not mandatory; many applicants who currently reside in Canada on temporary status still apply via the outland process.

The inland process provides an open work permit after stage-1 processing (if you apply), which is the initial assessment. As part of a pilot program, CIC will provide an OWP after the application is initially received to people who apply whilst already having valid temporary status in Canada. This is the part that currently takes ~4 months.

No. Outland applications do not qualify for open work permits, however most users here would recommend it for the significantly faster processing times.

Outland applications go through two stages. The first is approval of the sponsor, establishing that they are not in default and are attesting a valid relationship; for non-spousal cases this is also where income is verified. The second is approval of the sponsored person, which is where the visa office looks at overall eligibility and the medical/criminal/security checks.

Inland applications go through similar stages, only the first one also covers the initial eligibility of the sponsored person. This first stage is the part that is currently taking 15 months.

(There is a similar split between "selection decision" and "final decision" for outland applicants, but this occurs inside the visa processing centre and it is not communicated to the applicant. Generally there is only a short period of time between these steps, which is why it's not usually relevant.)

Inland applications require continual residence in Canada. If you applied inland now and were denied entry by CBSA on account of your overstaying, then your application would be cancelled. Outland applications carry no such requirement. This is extremely important for applicants who are out-of-status or are not visa-exempt.

CIC's IP-8 provides some more detail here:

[quote author="CIC, IP-8"]Foreign nationals who have left Canada after submitting an application under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, are not provided with any guarantees that they will be allowed to return to or re-enter Canada. If they are unable to do so, their application for permanent residence may be refused because they are not cohabiting with their spouse or common-law partner at the time the case is finalized [R72(1)(d) and R124(a)].[/quote]