+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Gabomex

Apr 24, 2015
Hello,

Can anyone of you tell me if once i get my PR (outland sponsorship application) i can work or study without problems??

Or do I need to get a work or study permit?

Thank you all

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gabomex said:
Hello,

Can anyone of you tell me if once i get my PR (outland sponsorship application) i can work or study without problems??

Or do I need to get a work or study permit?

Thank you all
Yes you can Work and Also Study once you get PR in Canada.

These are some restriction for PR
If you are PR in Canada
(1)you can't vote
(2)You Can not be elected as Candidate for Voting
(3) can't Hold a Canadian passport
(4) you need to Present in Canada for 2 Years out of every 5 years to maintain Permanent Resident status
(5) Some Jobs that are Security related and Confidential May Required Citizenship Status

Hopefully i have not missed anything.

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I'm wondering if I can get some input on background checks.

My husband contacted his MP and they said that they are currently processing background checks and I may be required to send RCMP fingerprints. My understanding was that cic carried out their own Canadian police check.
I have lived In canada for over 7 years and I'm applying Outland. Has anyone else seen an applicant who was asked for a Canadian police certificate? On average how long does the Canadian Certificate take to process?

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awmf2014 said:
Hello,

I'm wondering if I can get some input on background checks.

My husband contacted his MP and they said that they are currently processing background checks and I may be required to send RCMP fingerprints. My understanding was that cic carried out their own Canadian police check.
I have lived In canada for over 7 years and I'm applying Outland. Has anyone else seen an applicant who was asked for a Canadian police certificate? On average how long does the Canadian Certificate take to process?
My Police Clearance Certificate was Received in two weeks but it may vary for Others.i Received in 2013 So Time might have changes.I had Electronic Fingerprint that are Fast than Paper Fingerprint.
Here is Timeline for RCMP PCC
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/time-temps-eng.htm

Awmf2014

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does the VO asking for Canadian Police Clearance indicate anything? Is it positive/ negative?
Also, if they are to process a RCMP criminal check, any idea on how long that takes to be approved?

Garry2008 said:
My Police Clearance Certificate was Received in two weeks but it may vary for Others.i Received in 2013 So Time might have changes.I had Electronic Fingerprint that are Fast than Paper Fingerprint.
Here is Timeline for RCMP PCC
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/time-temps-eng.htm

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awmf2014 said:
Does the VO asking for Canadian Police Clearance indicate anything? Is it positive/ negative?
Also, if they are to process a RCMP criminal check, any idea on how long that takes to be approved?
There should not be any concern.I am not sure is there any Negative Impact.And i am not sure about internal processing time for Criminal Background check.May be any Other Member who had same Situation will be able to answer.

neng23

Star Member
Oct 24, 2011
Vancouver,B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 6, 2015 (Passport, Appendix A)
AOR Received.
June 26, 2015
File Transfer...
July 20, 2015 (SA email)
Med's Request
(Upfront)
Med's Done....
May 4,2015
Passport Req..
August 6, 2015 e-cas updated to "In Process" but started processing on July 20, 2015 August 8, 2015 Passport received by CEM August 10
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
very soon
taffy7 said:
The reason they ask for family information is so you can sponsor them later . My husbands mother died and we didn't have to supply the death certificate. While my husband and i the sponsor has been waiting both my parents have passed away. I haven't informed CIC as i won't be sponsoring them obviously.
Hello guys, just wanna ask for clarification. I'm going to sponsor my husband in the Philippines, his mother died already and my father too. Do we have to provide Death certificate of them? His father is still alive and my mother too. Do we have to provide birth certificate of them? (An NSO birth and death certificate for those who are from Philippines)
Thank you for sharing your ideas.

helpfortabby

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2015
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
neng23 said:
Hello guys, just wanna ask for clarification. I'm going to sponsor my husband in the Philippines, his mother died already and my father too. Do we have to provide Death certificate of them? His father is still alive and my mother too. Do we have to provide birth certificate of them? (An NSO birth and death certificate for those who are from Philippines)
Thank you for sharing your ideas.
No you don't....

peardroppop

Apr 24, 2015
Hi all,

I am a PR card holder & am getting married to someone from the UK next year in Canada. I would like to know how I would go about applying for him to get PR status next year. What are the necessary forms I would have to fill out and steps I would have to take?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
peardroppop said:
Hi all,

I am a PR card holder & am getting married to someone from the UK next year in Canada. I would like to know how I would go about applying for him to get PR status next year. What are the necessary forms I would have to fill out and steps I would have to take?
Hello,
The first post on this forum by Leon, is an excellent post, I would start there, or alternatively http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp#immigrate
Good luck.

haldashti

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
14-03-2015
File Transfer...
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
Passport Req..
16-09-2015
Hello,
In the e-mail from CIC about SA approval, they mentioned that the file will be moved to the VO. They are asking for my wife to do her medical and for the results to be attached to the letter(SA approval). My wife called the hospital and they told her that she needs to bring the immigration forms with her, and the hospital has no forms! CIC web site states "Note: Panel Physicians have the IMM 1017B – Upfront forms in their office. They should contact their regional medical office for restocking. " Now what?? For those who attached medical results with their application, which forms were used? IMM 1017B is not available on-line as clearly indicated by CIC.. Thanks

Tinderlove

Apr 25, 2015
Hello, my name is Patrick. My girlfriend is going to sponsor me through common-law. We have 8 months to go until we can fill the one year requirement of living together.

I'm not sure if my question is anywhere on the site. Is native housing or housing where rent is based on your income considered welfare?

helpfortabby

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2015
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
Tinderlove said:
Hello, my name is Patrick. My girlfriend is going to sponsor me through common-law. We have 8 months to go until we can fill the one year requirement of living together.

I'm not sure if my question is anywhere on the site. Is native housing or housing where rent is based on your income considered welfare?
NO, its not considered welfare...

Leviscanada

Mar 26, 2015
I am about to send my application for PR,but I am waiting for my divorce
Certificate to include in the application, because i been separated already from my wife
Last 10 years, and I want my common law to bring with me here in canada
The petition of divorce has been signed already by my X-wife, and just to file in the court of saskatchewan

Is there any problem if I send the application for my PR even without the divorce certificat, but promise to follow Once i recieved it

Please need any advice,
Thank you