canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
epie said:
But the visa section send me email that we have to file an application of citizenship and for her passport as soon as possible. The problem is, we can't get the right application form for her at her age now. She's only 2 months old and the forms are over on that age. Is my child need to get that citizenship before we can travel to Canada? I've read someone here that he just get a temporary exist for his child but I can't remember how he did it. Do we have to travel in Manila just to get the Canadian passport.
No idea what you mean about the "forms are over on that age". The application is here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certif.asp; it doesn't matter how old she is. Once you've applied for the certificate, you can submit an application for a limited validity Canadian passport.

In order for your child to travel to Canada, she will need either a Canadian passport or a facilitation visa. The first option is by far the better one, as without any proof proof of Canadian citizenship, you may face issues obtaining healthcare for your child.

Rukhsar shaikh said:
I have recently received file number and it shows that medical received. So how much time it will take. Please let me know.
No one can even attempt to guess when you've given no information about your application.

leavingchina said:
If I am in Canada looking for employment, is my wife likely to get a temporary residence permit? I can support her and my daughter financially during this time.

Could I start a sponsorship application for my wife while I am still in China? I could move back to Canada in June and find work immediately (while still searching for more permanent employment).
Hi

Your wife would need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa, not a Temporary Resident Permit. These are 2 VERY different things.

To be approved for a TRV, an applicant must show stronger ties to their home country than to Canada. With a Canadian husband and child and intentions to permanently leave China, I don't believe the chance of approval is high; some people in the same situation have been successful but most are refused.

You can most definitely start the sponsorship process now.

Jan 22, 2015
Ok..!! We have applied in november first week. We received mail about application number last week. Than i checked status online on website. It shows that application received and second medical result received. I am confused. How much now it will take time. Please let me know.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Rukhsar shaikh said:
Ok..!! We have applied in november first week. We received mail about application number last week. Than i checked status online on website. It shows that application received and second medical result received. I am confused. How much now it will take time. Please let me know.
Now it will depend upon the APPLICANT Visa office , where the file is transferred. is it London? London avg processing time is 29 months now..but I think they process within 1 year

Check that email about the application no. here you can find the office address...

Jan 22, 2015
shy_guy said:
Now it will depend upon the APPLICANT Visa office , where the file is transferred. is it London? London avg processing time is 29 months now..but I think they process within 1 year

Check that email about the application no. here you can find the office address...

Visa office is in delhi. I am living in india. My husband is canadian.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leavingchina said:
Good morning! :)
I am Canadian and my wife is Chinese. We have a daughter together who holds a Canadian passport. The three of us live together in China.
I am a university professor. In June, my employment finishes and I return to Canada. No job offer in the West yet. I fully expect to find a university teaching job in Canada or the United States, but it may take months of searching.
My priority is bringing my wife and daughter to live with me as soon as possible. I'm wondering what my options are.
If I am in Canada looking for employment, is my wife likely to get a temporary residence permit? I can support her and my daughter financially during this time.
Could I start a sponsorship application for my wife while I am still in China? I could move back to Canada in June and find work immediately (while still searching for more permanent employment).

Thanks in advance for your help!
This reply is not going to add much of substance to the reply you have already received. However several points occur to me (1) You would receive a far larger range of advice if you asked your question in a new thread. Adding to the huge number of queries on Leon's thread tends to rule out replies frompersons (such as myself) who usually only reply if the subject matter of the thread is within the area of their experience. (2) Is there any possibility of extending your China job and visa to cover at least part of the waiting time you are likely to suffer even if you apply outland at once from China? If you move to Canada in June it seems to me almost inevitable that you will have to leave your wife and daughter behind until they get their PR status. If you want to be together it must surely be in China for the time being? (3) If you apply outland from China, be careful what you say about possibly applying for a job in the USA. An outland application requires the sponsor to prove an intention to return to Canada to live. I appreciate that it may be possible to live in Canada and work in the USA; but to apply for jobs in the USA is likely to introduce complications into your application.

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Okay, so according to the website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp)
The avg. processing time is 16 months...so wait 1 year or so and you will get to hear about the decision..
All the best...
Also, its good to check ecas status every month to see whats the update there....it wil lturn into IN PROCESS status and then DECISION MADE status...
but since you file just transferred, you have to be patient for 6 months and then start checking ECAS

Jan 22, 2015
The avg. processing time is 16 months...so wait 1 year or so and you will get to hear about the decision..
All the best...
Also, its good to check ecas status every month to see whats the update there....it wil lturn into IN PROCESS status and then DECISION MADE status...
but since you file just transferred, you have to be patient for 6 months and then start checking ECAS

Whatever u r saying but i received update that they have received medical. Than what does it mean. According to them they made decision. Thats what it said in which they have given below the status updated
[/quote]

Antoinetee

Jun 11, 2014
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2014
Doc's Request.
30/09/2014
AOR Received.
29/09/2014
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Good day

I have a quick question. My husband applied for a new passport after he received his COPR. So now the number is different. Will it be a problem when he enters Canada? Is there a form that we need to fill out to report this change?
Thanks again for being always helpful

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Antoinetee said:
Good day

I have a quick question. My husband applied for a new passport after he received his COPR. So now the number is different. Will it be a problem when he enters Canada? Is there a form that we need to fill out to report this change?
Thanks again for being always helpful
Not sure if this could be a big problem. He should make contact with the visa office or cic. Don't know if you could contact CBSA and find out how they do things on their end? At the absolute least, he should have his old passport with him to show.

Maybe I think this could be a bigger problem than it actually is?

Antoinetee

Jun 11, 2014
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2014
Doc's Request.
30/09/2014
AOR Received.
29/09/2014
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
tink23 said:
Not sure if this could be a big problem. He should make contact with the visa office or cic. Don't know if you could contact CBSA and find out how they do things on their end? At the absolute least, he should have his old passport with him to show.

Maybe I think this could be a bigger problem than it actually is?
Thanks. I think we will try to contact CIC maybe just to make sure

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Rukhsar shaikh said:
All the best...

Whatever u r saying but i received update that they have received medical. Than what does it mean. According to them they made decision. Thats what it said in which they have given below the status updated
Medical received means just that, they have the medical results. It does not tell you anything about the current status of your application.

Where does it say decision made? Under the sponsor portion or the applicant portion? You said that you applied in November, so the decision made is likely for the sponsor, then it gets transferred to the VO. Check the thread for your VO to see what the current trend is in terms of time.

Jan 22, 2015
Medical received means just that, they have the medical results. It does not tell you anything about the current status of your application.

Where does it say decision made? Under the sponsor portion or the applicant portion? You said that you applied in November, so the decision made is likely for the sponsor, then it gets transferred to the VO. Check the thread for your VO to see what the current trend is in terms of time.

Well check out website properly. It clearly said that medical received means decision made. But anyway i dont need to proove you. Now i will tell u when i will get visa
[/quote]

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Rukhsar shaikh said:

Well check out website properly. It clearly said that medical received means decision made. But anyway i dont need to proove you. Now i will tell u when i will get visa
I have read the site, so please do not tell me what to do. It says nothing of the sort. When a decision has been made, it will state that: A decision has been made on your file, and a letter has been sent (I forget the exact wording).

In any case, since you applied in November, you have a ways to go. I wish you the best.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Antoinetee said:
Thanks. I think we will try to contact CIC maybe just to make sure
I would also contact CBSA as they are the ones who process the PR on landing (going through customs/immigration).