+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Inopane

Feb 16, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
Yes, you can apply to sponsor your wife in Feb 2016. T4s are not required for the application.
can i get Option C prinout even if i dont have yet the t4 from my employer?

Inopane

Feb 16, 2015
Garry2008 said:
If you want to sponsor your will be wife you can get Option c from Canada Revenue Agency.
Or you can show your pay stub with Bank statement.

The financial requirements for spousal sponsorship include:

You must not be receiving welfare benefits from any province.
You must not be in bankruptcy proceedings, and previous bankruptcy claim must have been discharged

Proof of employment
If you are employed, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary,
and regular hours per week. If you have a co-signer who is employed, include a similar letter from his or
her employer.
AND/OR
Proof of income
For the 12 months preceding the date of your sponsorship, if you and, if applicable, your co-signer:

are the sole owners of, or partners in an unincorporated business, provide evidence of self-employment income
(statement of business activities).

received interest on income earned, provide evidence of interest income (bank statement showing rate of interest,
deposit amount and length of time deposit held)

see 18 on Checklist

If you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement and you and, if applicable, your co-signer:

are not producing an original Option-C printout of your last Notice of Assessment for the most recent year or
thanks for the information! can i used the option c prinout that was filed this year for the sponsorhip for 2015 application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kprs_ind said:
I read across a few threads here that stated that applying a visitor visa will be a negative toward the PR application or vice versa because PR application is toward permanent stay whereas visitor visa is for a temporary stay.
The chances of being granted a TRV when a person has a spousal sponsorship app in process are low. However, applying for a TRV will have zero effect on a PR app.

Inopane said:
can i get Option C prinout even if i dont have yet the t4 from my employer?

thanks for the information! can i used the option c prinout that was filed this year for the sponsorhip for 2015 application?
If you've filed taxes in Canada, you can get an Option C. It doesn't matter if you haven't received at T4.

kitkat714 said:
Hello! Good day! Im a newbie here!
Thank you po nagkaroon ng ganitong forum.
First piece of advice: post in English if you want proper answers.

janicenewk

Feb 19, 2015
I am a Canadian living in the Uk, on a tier 5 visa, trying to fill in the application to sponsor my common-law boyfriend, and am totally stuck on a few things:

1. Who in the UK is able to sign the common-law declaration ?? (says commissioner of oaths, but does anyone have a tip on where to look??)

2.same goes for the signed certified true copies of my passport and birth certificate. (Judge, a magistrate, a notary public, an officer of a court of justice, a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living) I know but curious which one of these would be easiest (and free? ) to contact Huh

3. On Documents Checklist, #19 says: if you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement" How do you know if you have to meet this?

super confused, any help would be MUCH appreciated!!
thanks

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
janicenewk said:
I am a Canadian living in the Uk, on a tier 5 visa, trying to fill in the application to sponsor my common-law boyfriend, and am totally stuck on a few things:

1. Who in the UK is able to sign the common-law declaration ?? (says commissioner of oaths, but does anyone have a tip on where to look??)

2.same goes for the signed certified true copies of my passport and birth certificate. (Judge, a magistrate, a notary public, an officer of a court of justice, a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living) I know but curious which one of these would be easiest (and free? ) to contact Huh

3. On Documents Checklist, #19 says: if you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement" How do you know if you have to meet this?

super confused, any help would be MUCH appreciated!!
thanks

Is your boyfriend a Brit? If so he doesn't need his passport or birth certificate signed by anyone.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Garry2008 said:
Yes you can you need to call CRA Helpline then they will ask some questions and you need Option c for last three years
Three years?

I think you are confusing the parents and grandparents sponsorship with the spousal sponsorship.

janicenewk

Feb 19, 2015
Taffy7, yes he is a uk citizen. thanks.

In response to the Option C, for spousal only, you ONLY need the most recent years notice of assessment (not 3 years)

Does anyone know about this>?
On Documents Checklist, #19 says: if you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement" How do you know if you have to meet this? Is this if there are children involved?

Thanks

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
janicenewk said:
Taffy7, yes he is a uk citizen. thanks.

In response to the Option C, for spousal only, you ONLY need the most recent years notice of assessment (not 3 years)

Does anyone know about this>?
On Documents Checklist, #19 says: if you must meet the minimum necessary income requirement" How do you know if you have to meet this? Is this if there are children involved?

Thanks
The minimum income is only if sponsoring parents, or if you have dependent children, who also have children.

Taken from the guide: prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
minimum income is 24,000 $ per annum in canada and if you have children more will be needed. if you are just sponsoring your husband or wife 24,000 is enough.

Kamaldeep momi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Kamaldeep momi said:
Hello .. Immigration changing processing time it shows 16 months now.. And when we applied it was 13 months .. So this change in processing time is also for previous applicants who applied when it was 13 months??
Nobody replied??please answer

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
tranjini said:
minimum income is 24,000 $ per annum in canada and if you have children more will be needed. if you are just sponsoring your husband or wife 24,000 is enough.
There is no minimum income requirement for sponsoring a spouse or a child. Where did you get 24,000 from?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Kamaldeep momi said:
Nobody replied??please answer
The times posted are for those who are currently awaiting processing. It doesn't matter if the time was less when u first applied. That being said, the posted times are for the 20% of people who have a more complicated case with delays. 80% of the applicants with more straight forward case will be processed quicker than that. Think of the 16months u see posted for your processing country as a worse case scenario. You should only expect that time of u have a complicated case.

Lamja

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Macedonia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2015 | TOTAL: 164 Days |
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Hey all, i have question.

What do u think is it good to ask for visitor visa before or after u send family sponsorship - spouse documents to mississauga ? or shoud i wait after my wife gets approved for sponsor and they send to vienna visa office?

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
The general minimum income in Canada is 24,000$ just keep that in mind.