+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Canadian1981

Feb 5, 2015
Hello everyone!

Could I ask for input on if I've got everything right before my girlfriend and I start the process?

We're going to be applying outland because she is from France. She's currently living with me, and here on a 6 month visitor visa with 2 months remaining. We're getting married soon, and where wondering when we come back from our honeymoon what documents we should bring to make sure things go smooth for another visitor visa. Would you recommend getting an extension later, or just leaving and applying for an additional 6 month visa once this next one expires?

We won't be sending in our kit until after we're back from the honeymoon, but figured we'd get a head start on all the police clearances. Just to make sure we've got this right;

France - apply for the clearance from France and send in with our kit.
United Kingdom - apply for the clearance from United Kingdom and send in with our kit.
Switzerland - apply for the clearance from Switzerland and send in with our kit.
Canada - Not necessary
New Zealand - Fill out a Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form and send it in with our kit, instead of the police certificate itself.

I'm a Canadian citizen and don't require any of this, correct?

Does getting the medical done up front speed things up considerably if applying outland?

So, we fill out all the forms, gather proof of relationship (pics, emails, wedding certificate etc.) and send it all to Mississauga.

At this point would it be wise to include an application for a TVR (sorry if I've got the acronym wrong) so she can come and go for the duration of the process? Or like I mentioned earlier, should we just not bother and get a new 6 month visa at the border?

Is there anything anyone would recommend to make sure things go smooth?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated! ;D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canadian1981 said:
Would you recommend getting an extension later, or just leaving and applying for an additional 6 month visa once this next one expires?

We won't be sending in our kit until after we're back from the honeymoon, but figured we'd get a head start on all the police clearances.

I'm a Canadian citizen and don't require any of this, correct?

Does getting the medical done up front speed things up considerably if applying outland?

At this point would it be wise to include an application for a TVR (sorry if I've got the acronym wrong)
Hi

She has visitor status, not a visitor visa. This status ends when she leaves Canada, so there is no point in extending it since she is leaving for the honeymoon. Her visitor status will essentially reset when she re-enters.

You are correct with the police certificates.

The sponsor doesn't need police certificates.

The medical must be done beforehand and the receipt included in the app.

As a visa-exempt French citizen, she doesn't qualify for a TRV.

aj215

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
16/4/15
Med's Done....
26/4/15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28/05/15
My sister got married to a Canadian guy, and was sponsored by him last year. The application was submitted at Canadian Office in March 2014, and was asked to re-submit medicals, as they found something suspicious in it. Now, the medicals were redone and resubmitted in August 2014 and after that, there hasn't been any communication about it since then. She is in total confusion as what to do? where to go? The ECAS status is showing first line only and any confirmation/rejection of medicals hasn't been updated even after 5 months. Has anyone gone through same situation before? Or any kind of suggestion for her at this point.

Thanks.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
aj215 said:
My sister got married to a Canadian guy, and was sponsored by him last year. The application was submitted at Canadian Office in March 2014, and was asked to re-submit medicals, as they found something suspicious in it. Now, the medicals were redone and resubmitted in August 2014 and after that, there hasn't been any communication about it since then. She is in total confusion as what to do? where to go? The ECAS status is showing first line only and any confirmation/rejection of medicals hasn't been updated even after 5 months. Has anyone gone through same situation before? Or any kind of suggestion for her at this point.

Thanks.
Has she gone back to the medical office to ensure hat they got the results and in fact sent them to the visa office?

aj215

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
done
Med's Request
16/4/15
Med's Done....
26/4/15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28/05/15
tink23 said:
Has she gone back to the medical office to ensure hat they got the results and in fact sent them to the visa office?
Not really...but their agent in Canada did receive a letter about the file number and date received of the application. There was no mention of medicals or anything.

tranjini

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
none
AOR Received.
27-02-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Med's Request
Attached to application
Med's Done....
03-09-2015
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
June 4 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15 2015
LANDED..........
July 8, 2015
GMG said:
I think so,,agree with u,I am also married,and it's really hard to be far,I haven't seen my hubby for 6 months :'( And waiting almost 8 months,but still nothing ::) all that we can do,is to be patient
I am away from my husband for a year now. No the immigration people don't know how hard it is to stay away from your husband or wife. I am dying so does my husband. They don't seem to understand. I quitted a well paying job as a recruiter due to depression and I am always sleepless and stressed. I talk to my husband every night his day is my night. Immigration people need to process the married cases faster atleast

Con2012

Feb 5, 2015
Hi! I just submitted my application as sponsor to my husband in case process centre Mississauga last January 13,2015 tru purolator express but until now I didn't receive yet any email that they received my application or not. And I'm getting worried about it.

Kamaldeep momi

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
tranjini said:
I am away from my husband for a year now. No the immigration people don't know how hard it is to stay away from your husband or wife. I am dying so does my husband. They don't seem to understand. I quitted a well paying job as a recruiter due to depression and I am always sleepless and stressed. I talk to my husband every night his day is my night. Immigration people need to process the married cases faster atleast
SamE with every girl who married a nri. Life sucks.. I don't know what to do everyday of my is like bad and going worse..nobody understands even ppl don't give fuckin everybody is busy in their own lives

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
tranjini said:

Its killing us everyday and more ...Can't change anything the process seems to be more strict..All we an do is pray to GOD and hope that all negative things will go away with this stressful period of time...and to be followed by a positive path with our loved ones..Also in these days we better hope for justice !! Good luck each and every one !!! God Bless

shy_guy

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-09-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
Con2012 said:
Hi! I just submitted my application as sponsor to my husband in case process centre Mississauga last January 13,2015 tru purolator express but until now I didn't receive yet any email that they received my application or not. And I'm getting worried about it.
Dont worry, the STAGE 1 processing time is taking around 89 days (3 months), they will contact you after that...so just be patient..

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
tranjini said:
I know ur feel,the same here :'( ,,i wish that we all rejoin to our loved ones very soon and that these difficult times pass very soon,good luck and God bless all of us :)

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Hello
Ill apply Outland in march (finally).
My wife, as sponsor person, need to change her marital status in some place before we apply?
She is a pr holder since '10, we get married January '15
Thanks

pthapa

Feb 7, 2015
Arc

Leon said:
SIs there any one dealing with Arc from CHC Newdelhi.
I submitted my arc on 8 dec 2014, how long does it takes for the arc to be processed.
Some more i applied on 20 July 2012 but still on proicess
Any one going through same situation

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
DanSlh said:
Hello
Ill apply Outland in march (finally).
My wife, as sponsor person, need to change her marital status in some place before we apply?
She is a pr holder since '10, we get married January '15
Thanks
No, she doesn't need to go anywhere to register the marriage. As long as you guys have the marriage certificate and it is legally translated into Engish or French, you're good to go.