Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dombledore said:
I applied for an outland spousal sponsorship for my husband (brazilian), he is currently working in Canada with valid work permit. And recently we got the COPR document along with his passport with VISA sticker. We've planned to get out of border in Vancouver (Point-Roberts US) by car and land by crossing the border.
Fair warning: Point Roberts does not have immigration services. To land, you will need to go to either Peace Arch or Pacific Crossing. Both have 24 hour immigration services.

Since he has his COPR and counterfoil, doing it at the border is generally preferable, since that extra stamp in his passport at the POE makes getting his permanent SIN easier (note they will want his work permit back when he lands).

Congratulations!

Tkurdi

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
None
Hi everyone! I have received my visa and COPR after 8 months of processing in Manila VO.
On my application and COPR, I mentioned that I will be landing in Ontario with my Canadian husband who works and resides outside Canada.
I'm currently pregnant and due in June 2015. We are planning to do my landing on April 2015 in Alberta instead. As there is no waiting time to get a health coverage in Alberta. Do you think it is ok to land in Alberta (I have a sister who lives there) and not in Ontario?
Please help! Thanks in advance..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tkurdi said:
Hi everyone! I have received my visa and COPR after 8 months of processing in Manila VO.
On my application and COPR, I mentioned that I will be landing in Ontario with my Canadian husband who works and resides outside Canada.
I'm currently pregnant and due in June 2015. We are planning to do my landing on April 2015 in Alberta instead. As there is no waiting time to get a health coverage in Alberta. Do you think it is ok to land in Alberta (I have a sister who lives there) and not in Ontario?
Please help! Thanks in advance..
Yes - it's fine as long as you have plans to remain in Alberta for at least 6 months after you give birth. If you have your baby there and leave the province shortly afterwards, Alberta will go after you for the costs of the birth since it will be clear you never intended to make Alberta your home and just used the province to avoid paying for the birth of your child. We've seen a few cases where this has happened on this forum and in each case the costs individuals had to pay back were substantial. If you do not intent to live in Alberta, you would be better off landing in Ontario and paying for the costs of the birth yourself.

TWarbus

Nov 17, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
tink23 said:
I actually called with her and redialled a few times. It said the wait would be 45 minutes but was only about 20 minutes. She just called the regular cic call centre number. Just redial quickly and u should get into the queue.
Just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you!! If it wasn't for your advice I wouldn't have done anything and we were really in the dark. I further investigated our own paperwork the check the email address and I gave them the wrong email! Must have been a typo that snuck in there somehow! It all came together I talked to an agent and she let me know I was approved as a sponsor back in September 8, 2014. YES! Light at the end of this tunnel, so she also disclosed that yes the applicatin is now in Ottawa and based on the spreadsheet we should hear further info in the next 3 weeks or so.! YEAAAA, you don't know how much you helped us. Thank you!!!

TWarbus

Nov 17, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
msbigshot said:
Im an August applicant and my husband and I have no approval either... Just waiting, someone said they waited 80+ days before they received SA
I would look into it and call CIC if you can from inside Canada. That's what I did and I discovered they had sent the information to the wrong email address. I calculated the SA times they give online and I just knew that we were waiting for too long because that portion is pretty accurate as they are updating it all the time. So if it says 44/52 days, if your outside that waiting time and you haven't seen an email then call. I did and I'm glad because I found out I was approved as a sponsor as of September 8, 2014 and I didn't know because the email was sent to the wrong address.

So depending when you sent in August you should have heard or you will very soon. Go over the email you gave them and make sure it's correct. I was just shy of two months and then I was approved.

Tkurdi

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
None
scylla said:
Yes - it's fine as long as you have plans to remain in Alberta for at least 6 months after you give birth. If you have your baby there and leave the province shortly afterwards, Alberta will go after you for the costs of the birth since it will be clear you never intended to make Alberta your home and just used the province to avoid paying for the birth of your child. We've seen a few cases where this has happened on this forum and in each case the costs individuals had to pay back were substantial. If you do not intent to live in Alberta, you would be better off landing in Ontario and paying for the costs of the birth yourself.
Thanks Scylia for your kind response. I fully understand but what if we are planning to stay only for 3-4 months after my delivery? We will not go to Ontario or another province, we will leave canada as my husband works in Saudi Arabia.

TWarbus

Nov 17, 2014
BC, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
08-09-2014
File Transfer...
08-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
A quick question, once we get notification that my husband has been approved to be a PR, does he get a SIN number right away? Or do we have to apply for work permit right away?

Want to know because he wants to apply for work right away so he doesn't have to keep driving back and forth across the border for work. (we both live close to a border crossing and that's how we see each other on weekends right now).

pirates of sandvip

Jul 10, 2014
Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
How long does it take to get health card in Ontario
Thanks

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
TWarbus said:
A quick question, once we get notification that my husband has been approved to be a PR, does he get a SIN number right away? Or do we have to apply for work permit right away?

Want to know because he wants to apply for work right away so he doesn't have to keep driving back and forth across the border for work. (we both live close to a border crossing and that's how we see each other on weekends right now).
Once your husband becomes a PR, he can go apply for a SIN right away, provided he has the proper documentation (stamped/signed COPR or PR card, proof of address in Canada, passport, etc). He does not need to apply for a work permit if he is a PR, he just gets to start work like any normal Canadian.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Tkurdi said:
Thanks Scylia for your kind response. I fully understand but what if we are planning to stay only for 3-4 months after my delivery? We will not go to Ontario or another province, we will leave canada as my husband works in Saudi Arabia.
That's risky - there's certainly a chance the province is going to come after you for the costs of the delivery. If you were leaving Alberta for just a month or two and then returning to live in Alberta for the rest of the year - that would be one thing. But if you plan to leave after 3-4 months and not return for some time (e.g. rest of the year), I think you can anticipate there may be problems and you may be held responsible for repaying the province for the care you receive. The most recent case I remember was charged just under $40K for a relatively normal birth. They would have been better off paying for the delivery out of their own pocket.

rigmarole9000

Oct 13, 2014
For identity documents for one spouse immigrant (no children, etc.), is it sufficient to include a copy of my birth certificate and social security card? Is more required?

dombledore

Aug 16, 2013
computergeek said:
Fair warning: Point Roberts does not have immigration services. To land, you will need to go to either Peace Arch or Pacific Crossing. Both have 24 hour immigration services.

Since he has his COPR and counterfoil, doing it at the border is generally preferable, since that extra stamp in his passport at the POE makes getting his permanent SIN easier (note they will want his work permit back when he lands).

Congratulations!
Thanks for your info! I'll have him to get work permit with him.
However, I read another forum as
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-tsawwassen-bc-t192432.0.html
that he did land in point roberts... Now i'm a bit confused.

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
when I look on my application status form it has the Canadian address where I was staying with my husband - although I did give them my uk address as well so is it ok for them to mail stuff to my husband. Also on the table where it tells you a decision has not yet been made, but at the bottom in green it says decision made - you may have to meet with immigration!.. I don't understand the table - can you explain

junAL521

Feb 11, 2013
I become a PR through the provincial nominee program. In the nominee processing period I encounter the difficulties in completing such application , the one that I regret most is this : During my preparation of documents to be approved by nominating province(Manitoba) I and my wife have problem to the extend of not communicating and deciding to call it quits. My nomination can not be completed and processed if I don't have proof of separation(affidavit) as suggested by the settlement office. so that I can be nominated by the province, the result of my marital status when I was nominated until now is legally separated. Last month I went home hoping to fix and reunite my family, luckily we fix the problem and decided to stay together.
Now my problem is how can I get them ? In my papers I made mention my two children and they have medical examination result with the CIC. How can I revert my status to married again so that I can wife? How long it will take to get them here? How much money it will costs me? Do I need to get an immigration lawyer?How much their fees? Please help me!!! I don't know where and who to go through?