Interview........
-
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I MAIL LVO TO SEND ME GCMS NOTES SO THAT THEY CAN TELL ME BETTER WHATS GOING ON WITH MY FILE?
CIC MISSISSUAGA (where the app was originally received has prepared my notes im guessing even tho the file is now in LVO) and IT HASNT WRITTEN MUCH IN THE NOTES :'(X

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Jasmeet09 said:
Thanks Maria...Can anyone help me by explaining that how upfront medical works ? If I file my husband's pr and sponsorship file together in canada then can I go for upfront medical ? what should I tell doctor ? because when I got my medical done then I had my file number with me and I sent the receipt to embassy. If I do upfront medical and I have not filed the application with CIC yet then how I need to present this to CIC ? I am planning that I should complete all document in first go only ! Your response is appreciable !
yes, you can have the medical done in canada - it actually tends to be cheaper in canada. you will need to find a PANEL doctor on CIC's list who is in your area. When you call to make the appointmnt, you need to make it clear you are doing an UPFRONT medical. you will NOT need to bring any forms, or have a fil number because it is an UPFRONT medical. if the doctor's office knows what they are doing, they will know how it works. You will need to bring your passport, and possibly some passport size photos (some doctors take the photos there). The doctor will do the exam, enter the information into the computer system and print out a receipt called the "emedical" receipt which goes in your application package. if the doctor gives you issue with this concept when you call, then tell them they will be reported to CIC and find another doctor to go to. Every panel doctor must be up to date on this process by now because this is how the system works. if they are not, then they are not doing their job properly and must be reported.

EBUENCONS

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
17-7-2013
Interview........
hope not anymore
Passport Req..
13-05-2014
LANDED..........
hopefully this july
hi i just wanna ask anyone of you applied under conjugal sponsorship? thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rhcohen2014 said:
Lastly, your husband can come to canada as a visitor and stay IN canada as a visitor until his OUTLAND application is approved. He is not eligible to work, he can only be a visitor during that time.
Note that I would say "he is not eligible to work by virtue of his family sponsorship permanent resident application" - but nothing prevents him from working in a work permit exempt job (I've run into some clergy recently using this loophole) or obtaining a work permit independent of the family sponsorship. This includes jobs for which the employer obtains the necessary letter from HRSDC (showing that there are no Canadians available for the job) or if he can find a job for which he is qualified and is covered by NAFTA (for US or Mexican spouses only). NAFTA jobs are typically managerial, professional or technical jobs. Such work permits do not require HRSDC permission and US citizens at least can obtain their work permits at a Port of Entry.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
EBUENCONS said:
hi i just wanna ask anyone of you applied under conjugal sponsorship? thanks
Conjugal relationships are almost always refused, so they should only be used if you have evidence there are significant legal impediments to marrying and/or cohabitating for a year.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sh52 said:
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I MAIL LVO TO SEND ME GCMS NOTES SO THAT THEY CAN TELL ME BETTER WHATS GOING ON WITH MY FILE?
CIC MISSISSUAGA (where the app was originally received has prepared my notes im guessing even tho the file is now in LVO) and IT HASNT WRITTEN MUCH IN THE NOTES :'(X
No. You must apply for notes via CIC's ATIP office. They will then obtain your GCMS notes and send them to you. If you are not in Canada, you must have a Canadian citizen or someone in Canada request them on your behalf.

If you ARE in Canada, then you may request them on your own behalf - this is a "privacy act" request and there is no fee.
If you ARE NOT in Canada, the person asking for them on your behalf must have your permission (there's a form for it) and there is a $5 fee - this is an "access to information" request.

The information is the same. The program office is the "Access To Information and Privacy" office. Every Canadian governmental agency has someone responsible for such requests, but how you order the information depends upon the agency. CIC has an online form and returns the information to you electronically (unless you request otherwise). CSIS requires a written request (for people stuck in "background checks"). CBSA has an online form, but they only send written responses.

I usually search for ATIP or "privacy act" on the website of the respective governmental service.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Jasmeet09 said:
Thanks Maria...Can anyone help me by explaining that how upfront medical works ? If I file my husband's pr and sponsorship file together in canada then can I go for upfront medical ? what should I tell doctor ? because when I got my medical done then I had my file number with me and I sent the receipt to embassy. If I do upfront medical and I have not filed the application with CIC yet then how I need to present this to CIC ? I am planning that I should complete all document in first go only ! Your response is appreciable !
Actually, you get the medical done before submitting the application, because you include the receipt with the application. This permits CIC to match up the medical results with your file.

Up front medicals are only used in a small handful of cases - some types of work permits (heath care, working with children) and spouse/partner/children family class sponsorship applications. The Panel Physician should know about how to do these. If not, the Panel Physician handbook (on the CIC website) explains how these are to be performed.

In your case, you had some other type of application (probably economic class) and the medical form was sent to you at the time the visa office wanted the medicals done. That's not how it's normally done for spouse/partner family class.

sonajatt

Jul 28, 2008
Spousal immigration application is underway and in last stages, hoping to receive pr in 60-90 days. Medical was requested by cic and submitted last month. Now child is born, what's the process to get child's pr along with spouse?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
sonajatt said:
Spousal immigration application is underway and in last stages, hoping to receive pr in 60-90 days. Medical was requested by cic and submitted last month. Now child is born, what's the process to get child's pr along with spouse?
if the child is not canadian, then the visa office MUST be notified of the birth and the child must be added to the application PRIOR to landing. Not doing so will cause problems. in the sponsor eligibility letter or any communication the applicant has received by the visa office there would have been instructions about how to notify them in case of changes in the application. you may need to fill out some forms for the child, and those with that experience will be able to confirm for you, or you can call the cic call center and they will confirm what's needed.

Rana93

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
App. Filed.......
May 2022
hiii everyone,
my sister husband applied for my sister in june 2014 and file transfer to india in august 10,2014...after that no communication from delhi office....is it normal???
on which month casses ta new delhi is working any idea please share???

Pooja undo

Aug 22, 2014
Hii my husband has just applied for my sponsorship in oct 2014 .... I am really worried how long will it take to complete the formalities .... I live in jalandhar and my husband is a Canadian pr .....he lives in Vancouver.....

Mariac819

Feb 29, 2012
New York USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 06, 2015 - they lost my relationship proof and FBI clearance. They will accept copy of FBI, I sent in more relationship proof.
AOR Received.
Oct. 23, 2014 (By Phone)
File Transfer...
Oct. 28, 2014 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
DM - June 23, 2015 COPR June 24, 2015
LANDED..........
July 12, 2015
Pooja undo said:
Hii my husband has just applied for my sponsorship in oct 2014 .... I am really worried how long will it take to complete the formalities .... I live in jalandhar and my husband is a Canadian pr .....he lives in Vancouver.....
Some Aug 2014 and Sept 2014 applicants are still waiting for SA.

Here is the website with the timeline right now.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Pooja undo said:
Did you apply Inland or Outland? This truly matters regarding wait times. The link Mariac provided should help determine the processing times for your specific case.