Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
Mariac819 said:
Most doctors do the medical electronically and you fill out the information at the office. I recommend you call and go to one that sends everything electronically. However, here is the medical link with all the information. Most doctors office will tell you what to bring. I talked to a few myself before I decided on which one I was going to go to .

Medical exam for permanent residents
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Find a Panel Physician
http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
Thank you for this information. I contacted the doctor. There is only one Panel Physician in the city I live in, so it makes it easy to decide which one to go with.

Thank you also for the reply concerning applying outland and Canadian address issue. I also thought it doesn't make sense to be applying outland and stay in Canada during the process. A few people on here confirmed that it's absolutely ok. I was almost done with my inland application but I've decided to go outland and now I'm working on outland application.

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
MizAngel said:
Outland, outland, outland! For a US citizen, outland is SO MUCH faster than inland, and you can be in Canada while applying outland. My husband is a US citizen and stayed in Canada with me on a visitor visa during his outland application. We applied in February and he landed in August. Inland applications take a minimum of 18 months right now.

I don't know much about being denied at the border, my husband did not leave Canada while in process, but we wanted the freedom to be able to if something happened with his mom, so we chose outland. Plus the faster timelines.
It's me again. I have a couple of questions. Did your husband get his medial exam done in Canada? I'm gonna do my medicals upfront and I'm wondering if I need to tell the doctor's office that my application is outland. I will ask the doctor's office when I go in also.

Second question is I'm not sure which address US or Canadian to put down for "current country of residence". Also for addresses I have lived at for the past 10 years, do I write my husband's address (I have been living here with him for the past 3 months)? But residence means home and I'm only visiting him right now as I'm on visitor statues. I'm confused!.

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
freshman said:
It's me again. I have a couple of questions. Did your husband get his medial exam done in Canada? I'm gonna do my medicals upfront and I'm wondering if I need to tell the doctor's office that my application is outland. I will ask the doctor's office when I go in also.

Second question is I'm not sure which address US or Canadian to put down for "current country of residence". Also for addresses I have lived at for the past 10 years, do I write my husband's address (I have been living here with him for the past 3 months)? But residence means home and I'm only visiting him right now as I'm on visitor statues. I'm confused!.
My husband did have his medical done in Canada. I don't think they care whether it's inland or outland, they always send them electronically, but I have seen people on the forum that said they had to explain to the doctor's office that they needed their medical upfront before filing their application if they were doing outland. My husband did not have that issue as far as I know.

For his addresses, we did put our Canadian address on the list of places he lived in the last 10 years. When you're putting in your current country of residence, it does ask what your status is and we put that his country of residence was Canada and his status was "visitor".

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
Hi Everyone,

After lots of reading I cannot decide weather I want outland or inland, my wife is currently here on a visitor visa (Multi-Entry which expires in 2017 along with her passport).

she wants to stay here while the process is finalized.

Shes from Venezuela, her Ouland application will be handled by the Mexico Visa office which shows 17 Months for stage 2.

Any Suggestions?

ellu

Sep 23, 2014
Thanks MizAngel,

That makes sense. My concern too is with being able to leave if needed without jeopardizing the visa. So the long processing times (LA office says 28 months at the moment) in the US don't actually apply as it's usually still processed in Canada?

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
Are there any other disadvantage to submitting the medical when requested, other than delay in processing?

Matt.

May 2, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I have an urgent question. I sent an sponsorship application for my wife. I sent an outland application for her. The first step which is "sponsor eligibility" is approved and our case was sent to the Canadian Embassy overseas.

Now my wife is here in Canada, from 6 months ago, as a visitor with her multiple visitor visa and she extended her stay for another 6 months. She decided to stay here and apply for a work permit.

I am worried if it has effect on her immigrant process. I mean we sent an outland sponsorship application and if she apply for work permit here, what CIC action will be. Do they accept her work permit application? if yes, what is the consequences on her immigration process? any delay, confusing or rejection from the embassy?

cirdla19

Sep 23, 2014
Can someone help me please, Im a PR here canada, and recently got married last month in US with my gf, we're in 1 year LDR before we decided to get married, she's on a working visa in US right nowand I want to sponsor her here in canada but we dont know where is our application going to be process, we've check the processing time in the nearest CIC in her city and its in new york which is going to take 33 months, its too long, we check the processing tome in manila it will take 15 months, the question is does she need to go back to philippines and wait for her visa there or she can continue working in Maryland while waiting for her visa?

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
ellu said:
Thanks MizAngel,

That makes sense. My concern too is with being able to leave if needed without jeopardizing the visa. So the long processing times (LA office says 28 months at the moment) in the US don't actually apply as it's usually still processed in Canada?
US spousal sponsorship visas are processed in Ottawa, which has a fairly quick processing time right now. Other types of visa applications are processed in LA, and some spousal sponsorship ones are sent there, but it's not the norm.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
cirdla19 said:
Can someone help me please, Im a PR here canada, and recently got married last month in US with my gf, we're in 1 year LDR before we decided to get married, she's on a working visa in US right nowand I want to sponsor her here in canada but we dont know where is our application going to be process, we've check the processing time in the nearest CIC in her city and its in new york which is going to take 33 months, its too long, we check the processing tome in manila it will take 15 months, the question is does she need to go back to philippines and wait for her visa there or she can continue working in Maryland while waiting for her visa?
Since she is in the US, her application may be processed through Ottawa, which is where US applications are processed (they only go to any other U.S. city when there are problems with it). However, if she is a citizens of the Philippines then they may process through Manilla. She can work in the U.S. during that time. It isn't a big deal. The only thing is, if she is processed in Manilla and requires an interview, she will have to go to the Phillippines for the interview.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kathkath said:
We both leave in Dubai before since 2010, then at 2012 he moved to Qatar as he got an opportunity. then from there he moved to Canada We don't have a joint account before or even properties under our names.
My first application was when he got his Working permit. I applied for OWP as a common law partner then it was rejected as per VO there was not enough evidence.

Second was when he applied for his PR he included me as well with the application. we have submitted our photos, letters, emails, chats, etc... They have sent as a request for our Police Clearance and Medical but then after submitting the said requirements he got an email stating that Removal of ineligible person. VO said that he is not satisfied that there is a conjugal or common law relationship between us.

And now that we are married we are planning to apply again, but then we are worried that i might not get the Visa again.
While legally equivalent, my observation has been that CIC prefers marriage - it's easy to verify the relationship.

The prior refusals won't ultimately matter in your case, but they will invite additional scrutiny of the application. Because you have overcome their prior objection (they didn't think the relationship was genuine) the review of the application cannot use that as the basis of a refusal.

pickles04

Sep 24, 2014
HELP, we are looking at our options:
1. apply for a visitor's visa (in which case, how long should I put for duration of stay) and get married in Canada and apply inland
2. go to Manila (Philippines) and apply there with my sponsor (soon-to-be-husband) living with me - in which case he won't have any income while there

Which is better? We've been in a LDR for almost 4 years and don't really want to wait any longer.

Antoinetee

Jun 11, 2014
Belgium
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2014
Doc's Request.
30/09/2014
AOR Received.
29/09/2014
File Transfer...
12-09-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Hi everyone

We received our SA on September 12. Hubby went for his medicals before we applied. However, when i log into ECAS it doesn't say his medicals has been received. His application was (or will be) send to Paris for further processing. Do we have to wait for the process to start there before i will see on the status that they recieved his medicals?
Thanks in advance

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Antoinetee said:
We received our SA on September 12. Hubby went for his medicals before we applied. However, when i log into ECAS it doesn't say his medicals has been received. His application was (or will be) send to Paris for further processing. Do we have to wait for the process to start there before i will see on the status that they recieved his medicals?
Generally, yes. Someone in Paris will need to look at the IMS computer system and match up the results with the application - which is not an automated process because CIC does not wish to insert your medical information in your immigration file (they only do that when there are issues because then its needed for the fairness letter, but spouse/child family class applicants are exempt from "excessive demand" inadmissibility so that won't happen).

ayyan79

Sep 24, 2014
Medical certificate validity

Hello i sponsored my spouse from Canada . my spouse is in Pakistan about 18 months ago. Now three months ago immigration sent me email they have sent my case to London. and they said Medical is about expied but if they need new they will contact me. i am wondering medical validity is 12 months so why they dont ask for again . is it possible they can extend medical validity. any one have same things plz