+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ikonkaar939

Jun 21, 2014
Hello Friends,
I do need a suggestion. I am in Manitoba working from last 1 yr and now ready to apply under mpnp. I am really concerned that i do have a spouse with me who is a resident of Canada. I just got married, and my work permit is expiring in 10 days. I was thinking to apply under mpnp but i am a bit confuse that they will accept my application or not. I really want to extend my work permit so i can work over here and earn for a home.

I am again confused in inland Canada spousal application or outland Canada. I am from India and I am looking for best possible way to stay here and to extend work permit anyhow so i ca earn for my home because we do have rent $1000 pm and then car. it would be expensive for my wife to do everything alone. I am scared if i will apply inland Canada, then it takes 11-12 months to get open work permit, which is a long path. If I do apply bu outland then, I am worried about my stay.
Plz plz plz plz Please help me in this case, how can i stay here and do my work continue.

Thanks for your time.

Embarrassed

ikonkaar939

Jun 21, 2014
Hello Computergreek,
I do need a suggestion. I am in Manitoba working from last 1 yr and now ready to apply under mpnp. I am really concerned that i do have a spouse with me who is a resident of Canada. I just got married, and my work permit is expiring in 10 days. I was thinking to apply under mpnp but i am a bit confuse that they will accept my application or not. I really want to extend my work permit so i can work over here and earn for a home.

I am again confused in inland Canada spousal application or outland Canada. I am from India and I am looking for best possible way to stay here and to extend work permit anyhow so i ca earn for my home because we do have rent $1000 pm and then car. it would be expensive for my wife to do everything alone. I am scared if i will apply inland Canada, then it takes 11-12 months to get open work permit, which is a long path. If I do apply bu outland then, I am worried about my stay.
Plz plz plz plz Please help me in this case, how can i stay here and do my work continue.

Thanks for your time.

Embarrassed

Akbarshoh777

Jul 3, 2014
dear sirs, madams good day

I have a more complicated situation. I applied for studt permit, but my application was refused. At the time submitting my application, I was married, but now divorced. I have a relationship with another woman, who is now in Canada and will soon get PR. Our relationship is not so long. We want to get married after receiving PR. I'm Waiting for her arrival and then we'll officially marry. Will not all that bad if we immediately begin the process of sponsoring? Another factor is her pregnancy. We did not know about it until her arrival in Canada. Where and how to start?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ikonkaar939 said:
Hello Computergreek,
You have left it quite late to think about extending your work permit.

Has your employer applied for an LMO for you yet? If they have, you can apply for concurrent processing, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob152A.asp

For inland processing, the concurrent processing option will only be allowed for foreign nationals whose work permits will be expiring within two weeks at the time of application. They must provide proof of a valid job offer, as well as proof that the employer has submitted a request to Service Canada for a new LMO. Applications will be initialized and the processing fee will be processed. Applications will be held for two months from the date of receipt, after which a determination to either refuse or approve the work permit will be made.
If your employer hasn't applied or an LMO for you yet and will be unable to before your work permit expires or possibly isn't planning to at all, your work permit will expire and you will have a grace period of 90 days to either restore your status by applying for a new work permit (with a new LMO) or by applying to change your status to visitor. You may however not work after your permit expires unless you have applied for a new one before it expired.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I have a few questions about the permanent residency process. My wife and I are close to finishing putting our package together and I would like to check a few things. My first concern is my part the sponsor. I have a letter from my mother saying that we are welcome to stay with my parents when we go to Canada and that they will supply food, gas, car etc. Is that enought proof of intent to return or what else could I get? It's not reasonable to rent a place there until we know about the visa. Also I can't get a job offer as I have been away for 6 years. Is there anything else or is the letter from my mother enough? Also as I have been living and working outside of Canada and considered a non-resident, I have not paid income tax. Do I need a letter or tax receipt from where I am working here in Mexico? Also on the form I need to fill out to get the medical exam done it asks for the processing office. Do we put Mississauga or Mexico City?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Akbarshoh777 said:
dear sirs, madams good day

I have a more complicated situation. I applied for studt permit, but my application was refused. At the time submitting my application, I was married, but now divorced. I have a relationship with another woman, who is now in Canada and will soon get PR. Our relationship is not so long. We want to get married after receiving PR. I'm Waiting for her arrival and then we'll officially marry. Will not all that bad if we immediately begin the process of sponsoring? Another factor is her pregnancy. We did not know about it until her arrival in Canada. Where and how to start?
A quick relationship, small wedding and then applying for PR is seen as a red flag to CIC. Even if there is a child involved.

If your partner is pregnant you would have a good explanation for the quick wedding, just try to have as many family/friends there as possible, and submit lots of other proofs that the relationship is real.

If you get married before she gets PR, you will need to be added to her current PR application as spouse (assuming that doesn't make her ineligible).
If you get married after she gets PR, you will go through regular process with time depending on what office you go through. She will need to reside in Canada during the processing time.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
HI

Do I pay for my spouses daughter who is 25 and not coming with him? She has filled out form IMM5406 along with the baby and common law partner. Or is it only necessary for my husband to add them to his 5406 ???

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Galano1213 said:
Do I pay for my spouses daughter who is 25 and not coming with him? She has filled out form IMM5406 along with the baby and common law partner. Or is it only necessary for my husband to add them to his 5406 ???
Only your husband needs to fill out the IMM 5406. She is not eligible for sponsorship, so she isn't even an unaccompanying dependent.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Thank you so much this has been a very stressful process I have been working on this application since Sept 2013 trying to get everything together so I have covered any red flags ,maybe a bit parenoid from reading this website LOL

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
ikonkaar939 said:
Hello Computergreek,
You don't mention what kind of work permit you have. If you have a standard closed work permit then you'll either need to renew it (as Leon outlines) or you'd need to submit an inland PR application along with an OWP application before the expiration of your current work permit.

Since you won't have MPNP approval prior to expiration of your current work permit, you won't be eligible for a BOWP - that requires that you apply before your current work permit expires.

ikonkaar939 said:
IF you have a standard closed work permit (so it can be extended, versus an IEC or PGWP work permit) then applying for Inland spousal PR and including an OWP application would permit you to continue working under the "implied status" doctrine. But to do so, CIC would have to receive your application before your current work permit expires, which doesn't leave you much time.

If you cannot do that, my advice would be to apply for a change in status (from worker to visitor) before your work permit expires - that would save you from being required to leave or pay the $200 restoration fee. You cannot WORK after your work permit expires, but you at least can maintain legal status in Canada. Then apply for either MPNP or outland PR - you'll most likely have your PR before you'd get an open work permit. But you won't be permitted to work without a new work permit. You may seek new work while a visitor in Canada, but you cannot do ANY work (and that includes meeting with a new employer once they have agreed to hire you) until you have that new work permit in hand.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I have a few questions about the permanent residency process. My wife and I are close to finishing putting our package together and I would like to check a few things. My first concern is my part the sponsor. I have a letter from my mother saying that we are welcome to stay with my parents when we go to Canada and that they will supply food, gas, car etc. Is that enought proof of intent to return or what else could I get? It's not reasonable to rent a place there until we know about the visa. Also I can't get a job offer as I have been away for 6 years. Is there anything else or is the letter from my mother enough? Also as I have been living and working outside of Canada and considered a non-resident, I have not paid income tax. Do I need a letter or tax receipt from where I am working here in Mexico? Also on the form I need to fill out to get the medical exam done it asks for the processing office. Do we put Mississauga or Mexico City?

nurse_85

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Done....
April 2013- re-requested July 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 21/2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 14/2014
LANDED..........
September 2/2014 :)
Hi all

My husband had to get a new passport as the one he had expired. The new one has a new passport ID number. Do we notify the VO about this?

mkmisc99

Jun 24, 2013
Hi , my daughter is going to sponsor his husband so which processing embassy chose...Islamabad or London...as now some one told us now all casess is done by london..

secondly how she deposit the fees... is only online option...or we can make it at bank....if bank which bank is in canada accept the feee

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
nurse_85 said:
Hi all

My husband had to get a new passport as the one he had expired. The new one has a new passport ID number. Do we notify the VO about this?
yes. send them an e-mail notifying them of the change. include UCI, file number, name, date of birth, etc. also i think you should also attach a photocopy of his new passport.

Jul 4, 2014
Hello everyone. I've been looking through forums and such for a while and just figured I'd ask my question as I can't find an answer that pertains to my question. I'm a US citizen and met a Canadian citizen online. We've been in a relationship for three years total, have visited each other many times (up to two months at a time each in canada and the us) and now I am a tfw (so I could be here with her) and have been since October 2013. We live together and share bills and etc. We are now planning to get married, and I have some questions about my working status and residency after the marriage.

1) what is the fastest way to an OWP? I want to be able to better provide for my soon to be wife and my crappy TFW job isn't cutting it.

2) I've seen conditional status being applied to relationships less than two years. As ours is longer, but we have only pictures, letters from friends and family, and screenshots of text messages with no dates on them to back our story-will that be enough to avoid conditional status?

3) My work permit is over October 2015. Should I apply for an extension along with our packet?

4) My future wife is 12 years younger than me. (Don't judge please lol it just happened that way. Neither of us planned it.) Will that be an issue for us?

I'm sorry if this has been answered and I just overlooked it. Thanks.