Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I have some questions about the 5540e form. In question 7 it asks about work history from the most recent. so I filled in the first part of the date but I am still working here so do I just leave the 2nd part blank? Also in that number 7 do I need to put the monthly income in canadian dollars? I work in Mexico and get paid in pesos. Also in number 8 the same question about dates. I still live here so for the most recent address do I just fill in the first part of the date(when I moved here) and leave the other part blank?

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Ponga said:
You do NOT need to send them 35k messages!! Just select messages from various stages of your communication that cover the course of your relationship.
Thats right. But my question was can I download the whole conversation?
And the roman urdu should have to be translated in to english or its good as it is?
Thanks

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Salar123 said:
And the roman urdu should have to be translated in to english or its good as it is?
Thanks
I've had the same issue. After a certain date, the download is not available. I decided to pull up the convos directly in the FB Messages section as of the cutoff date from the download, and started to do screenshots of a few conversations for every month (also, this is good evidence to show that you're actually using your FB account and that the downloaded content isn't something that was just typed out on your own in notepad lol).
If you decide to do the screenshots... MAKE SURE YOUR BETTER HALF ISN'T MESSAGING YOU FOR THE ENTIRE TIME, otherwise the screen will jump to the new message... ??? and you'll have to scroll aaaaaaall the way back to the date you were doing screenshots of... that $%^& is annoying. But it's gotta get done.
If someone managed to download ALL the convos up to the current date, please let us know!

(as for the translation, I've no idea... sorry)

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
Salar123 said:
Thanks
Like others said, screenshots are great! Especially include the first few conversations when first met and sporadically afterwards. It takes hours and hours, I know, my wife lives on fb and I remember seeing her take like 5 hours to get to the beginning, then the screen went blank and she had to do it all over again!

As for translating roman urdu, unfortunately it has to be translated and I believe even a notarized translation as well. Guide states, all documents included must be notarized translation to english or french. Maybe there are some here that included it as is, just to show the time and quantity, not the specific content of what was said. I don't know.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Ponga said:
She cannot study in Canada without obtaining a study permit...or, she can take lessons in the US (or even online).
There are some studies that do not require a study permit (those lasting six months or less):

You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp

DJC_06

Oct 30, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Med's Done....
Received.
Any recent experiences with dual-intent here?

Dual-intent being, visiting Canada using a visitor's visa while applying for permanent residency.
From what I've read, as long as you satisfy the officer that the visitor will be leaving once their visa is up and that they have ties in their home country, that it will be no problem.

I'm moving back to Toronto in August from Japan with my Japanese wife (visitor visa exempt country). We applied for her PR through the Manila office two months ago, but have not been approved yet (will take 14+ months). We are planning to enter Canada together, herself as a visitor coming to help me set up my new place in Toronto. If we show them bank statements of her funds in Japan, my own bank statements with enough funds to buy a return ticket and support her, and information about her family residing in Japan, would that be enough?

Any first-hand accounts would be amazingly helpful.

Found the following: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp

ABHICHARU

Mar 10, 2014
HII
MAH WIFE HAS SUBMITTED THE FILE SO HOW CA I CHECK THAT OF WHICH DATE THE FILE IS PROCESSING AT MISSISUGA FOR SPOUSAL SPONSERSHIP.

ABHICHARU

Mar 10, 2014
DEAR LEON,

MAH WIFE WAS ON FAMILY PR WHEN WE SUBMITTED THE FILE, MY FILE IS NOT BEEN OPENED YET, AND MAH WIFE GOT CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP, SO NOW IS THERE ANY CHANCES TO GET VISA EASILY?? HOW CAN I CHECK THAT OF WHICH DATE OF THE FILE THE MISSISSAUGA IS WORKING??
AND HOW CAN WE GO ON FOR THE SAME??

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ABHICHARU said:
HII
MAH WIFE HAS SUBMITTED THE FILE SO HOW CA I CHECK THAT OF WHICH DATE THE FILE IS PROCESSING AT MISSISUGA FOR SPOUSAL SPONSERSHIP.
check here to see if they have started processing your application yet. currently, they are working on applicaitons received on or before april 7th. the processing time for sponsorship approval has gone up to 52 days.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ABHICHARU said:
DEAR LEON,

MAH WIFE WAS ON FAMILY PR WHEN WE SUBMITTED THE FILE, MY FILE IS NOT BEEN OPENED YET, AND MAH WIFE GOT CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP, SO NOW IS THERE ANY CHANCES TO GET VISA EASILY?? HOW CAN I CHECK THAT OF WHICH DATE OF THE FILE THE MISSISSAUGA IS WORKING??
AND HOW CAN WE GO ON FOR THE SAME??
whether the sponsor is a pr or citizen has no bearing on how long it takes for an application to process. there is nothing that will help make getting a visa "easily". Everyone goes through the same process, and the wait time is dependant on where the applicant is from.

mazleen

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Malaysia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Dec 2014
AOR Received.
AOR2: 16th March 2015
File Transfer...
9th March 2015.E-cas in process: 22nd August 2015
Med's Done....
8th Dec 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27th August 2015. DM : 27th August 2015.Passport sent:2nd Sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
my flight is on 19th Nov 2015 :)
Thank you so much Rob for your reply. You're very helpful. There are so many things to do. Hopefully I can get everything in order in a year. ;D

angel1287

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
Passport requests for Spousal sponsorship in New Delhi 2014

HI
I applied in the category of spouse sponsorship .
My file is in new delhi office since April 2014.
I havent yet got any request to aubmit my original passport whereas it gets requested in 15-30 days after reaching the new delhi embassy.
Please help

clay74

Apr 25, 2013
Hi Leon

First of all thank you for your replies which are very informative

I have a few queries
1} I am of Indian origin. I am applying for PR renewal come September 14, after living in Vancouver for Two years. Can i apply for sponsorship for my family simultaneously??

2} Can i travel to India to c my family while the application is in process

3} My wife and daughter already have PR status but due to not meeting the residency requirements it has expired. What is the procedure for them now that im sponsoring them and what are the complications i could expect. They reside in India at the moment.

4}what is the time frame i can expect considering i will be submitting my sponsorship application around Oct 14

Awaiting your reply anxiously

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Yes you can - provided you meet the PR residency requirement.

2) You can visit your family but make sure you keep the trip short (3 weeks or less). Since you are a PR, you must be living in Canada while the application is being processed and until it is approved. If you leave for too long, CIC will cancel the application because you are not living in Canada.

3) Your wife and daughter will have to formally give up their PR status before applying again.

4) Processing times are posted here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp