waived
Passport Req..
27th August 2015. DM : 27th August 2015.Passport sent:2nd Sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
11th Sept 2015
LANDED..........
my flight is on 19th Nov 2015 :)
Hi guys,

I learn a lot from this forum and it is very helpful in preparing my application next year. My case is a bit different I think than what I've read so far from this forum.
A little background: I'm from Malaysia, went to Canada to study dentistry and graduated in 2002. Got married to an awesome Canadian guy ;) in 2001 and he actually agreed to move to Malaysia with me after I graduated. Long story short, we have been in Malaysia since then. Only went back to Canada once in 2005 for his brother's wedding. We have 2 beautiful kids and my eldest son is 8 years old. I have my own practice in Malaysia. Since my husband hasn't been back for 9 years now and my kids have never been to Canada at all, and my mother-in-law is retiring and has no one to take care of her, we decided that it's time to move back to Canada. The education is way better for my kids anyway. We're planning to move back in summer next year, easier transition (weather wise) for my kids since Malaysia is very hot all the time.
My questions are:
1. How much proof should I send to CIC? If i'm applying next year, it's 14 years worth of proof of marriage. I can only send pics, lots of pics but we don't have chats, emails etc since 2000 (the year we met).
2. Is it wise to apply inland since if we look at processing time, doing it through Singapore is longer (30 months)?
3. What kind of health insurance do people usually apply for after arriving in Canada since I won't have any coverage till the first stage is approved?
4. Since I'm a dentist, graduated from Canada, is it better to just apply for an open work permit after first stage approval or is there any other way so that I can work earlier? I have to take board exams first before licensing but I have a potential job offer already so I'm wondering if I can work earlier than the time I get sponsorship approval which is 10 months.

I really hope that someone can answer my questions. Like I said my case is a bit different because most of the people here just got married or are planning to get married etc and I have been married for 13 years now and am just planning to apply for PR and return to Canada after not being there for 10 years.

Cheers

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mazleen said:
1. How much proof should I send to CIC? If i'm applying next year, it's 14 years worth of proof of marriage. I can only send pics, lots of pics but we don't have chats, emails etc since 2000 (the year we met).
2. Is it wise to apply inland since if we look at processing time, doing it through Singapore is longer (30 months)?
3. What kind of health insurance do people usually apply for after arriving in Canada since I won't have any coverage till the first stage is approved?
4. Since I'm a dentist, graduated from Canada, is it better to just apply for an open work permit after first stage approval or is there any other way so that I can work earlier? I have to take board exams first before licensing but I have a potential job offer already so I'm wondering if I can work earlier than the time I get sponsorship approval which is 10 months.
1 - With a 13 yr marriage and 2 kids, you will need minimal proof. Your marriage certificate is a must, and then perhaps a few photos from wedding, some photos with you and your kids, and that should be good. Perhaps any joint home, car, bank accounts, life insurance etc you may share. Your relationship will not be an issue.

2 - Ya for Singapore applicants, inland is often a preferable option. You would need to get a visitor visa to come to Canada, and once here could submit the outland app and be assured you can stay in Canada during entire processing time. Downside is you can not return to Malaysia or anywhere outside Canada even for vacation, during entire processing which can take up to around 18 months total.

Assumed your husband passed on citizenship to your kids, so just make sure they have their citizenship documents and Canadian passports, so will not need to be included as dependents in your application.

3 - Simple travel medical policy is fine. Average cost is in the $50-$60 per month range for a simple policy. You can enter your info and check some quotes here. https://www.kanetix.ca/travel-visitors-to-canada

Note that depending what province you're moving to (like Ontario), your husband and kids as returning Canadians may not have health coverage either until 3 months after, so should also get temporary travel medical until provincial care kicks in. In some provinces (like Alberta) they are covered from the day they get back.

4 - You are right with PR inland app, you can get OWP after stage 1 approval (currently around 10 months).
The only other way to work, is to have your prospective employer go through the LMO process successfully, and you can get a closed work permit based on that. Not sure how easy/hard this is for dentist jobs. You are free to attempt this during inland processing as it has no effect on your PR app.

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hi All,
My spouse got her Canadian citizenship like 15years ago, she can't really remember the date, is there a way she can obtain the date and exact year and also her client ID?
Thanks all

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Spousal sponsorship

hi People...

I just sent my entire application to missisaga.... for my husband sponsorship...can anyone tell me if cpc contact us once the pakage is delivered or they contact us after 47 days?? im worried as they have received it but i didnt get any email stating they have received my pakage... I am sponsoring my husband from abroad.
thank you

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Doc123 said:
hi People...

I just sent my entire application to missisaga.... for my husband sponsorship...can anyone tell me if cpc contact us once the pakage is delivered or they contact us after 47 days?? im worried as they have received it but i didnt get any email stating they have received my pakage... I am sponsoring my husband from abroad.
thank you
There is no acknowledgement of receipt normally for an outland application. Sponsor approval is usually the first time anyone hears from CIC (or when CIC tells them something is missing).

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
PCC = Police Criminal Check = your FBI record that will be submitted with your application.
Thanks rcohen and ponga.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
did she verify your application number or uci number? i'd be skeptical about talking to someone on the phone claiming to be from immigration. what questions did she ask?
well she asked me about how i met my spouse,and she quoted my spouse dates of visitation before we got am married,actually am convince that its cic cos the same number called to request for additional info and told me to do the medicals and the police report

jimmy64

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
Doc's Request.
01-01-2014 (DNA TEST)
Med's Request
Nov 4-2015 (REASSESSMENT)
Med's Done....
Nov 10-2015
Interview........
Jul 13 2015 (REQUESTED PAYMENT OF ARC & LANDING
Passport Req..
Feb 10 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2016
LANDED..........
June 16,2016

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
rhcohen2014 said:
did she verify your application number or uci number? i'd be skeptical about talking to someone on the phone claiming to be from immigration. what questions did she ask?
Actually this is common from some visa offices.

You should only be suspicious if they try and get you to send money.

Ghanaboy

Apr 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Acra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2012
Doc's Request.
13-12-2013
Med's Request
24-04-2014
Med's Done....
29-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
22-02-2015
Rob_TO said:
Actually this is common from some visa offices.

You should only be suspicious if they try and get you to send money.
yeah a friend said especially when theres no lots of red flags,if there were red flags then they would surmmon u to the high commission for an interview

cloyd

Jan 15, 2014
Hi All,

I just submitted my sposorship for wife this May,2014 . she lives in the US and a greencard holder. I know that it will take a year or so to process our sponsporship if everything is fine. Now I want her to come here since she is a greencardholder she could come in and out without visa.

My question is, is it possible for her to study FRench while waiting for my sponsorship? what documents do we need to apply or to get while waiting so that she could study Just French language because I live in Montreal we really need French here.

Thanks in advance

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cloyd said:
Hi All,

I just submitted my sposorship for wife this May,2014 . she lives in the US and a greencard holder. I know that it will take a year or so to process our sponsporship if everything is fine. Now I want her to come here since she is a greencardholder she could come in and out without visa.

My question is, is it possible for her to study FRench while waiting for my sponsorship? what documents do we need to apply or to get while waiting so that she could study Just French language because I live in Montreal we really need French here.

Thanks in advance
Congratulations!

She can certainly visit you, but her admissibility and length of stay will be the sole discretion of the border officer that she see when she enters Canada.

She cannot study in Canada without obtaining a study permit...or, she can take lessons in the US (or even online).

cloyd

Jan 15, 2014
Ponga said:
Congratulations!

She can certainly visit you, but her admissibility and length of stay will be the sole discretion of the border officer that she see when she enters Canada.

She cannot study in Canada without obtaining a study permit...or, she can take lessons in the US (or even online).
Thanks for the quick reply
Is it difficult to get a study permit? Will it affect the sponsorship if she's gonna apply for a student permit?she doesn't want to study in the U.S and also we want to live together.

Salar123

May 29, 2014
Lahore
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
November-2015
Hello,

I have around 35k+ messages with a my wife on facebook. The archive does show my messages from start, but after a certain point, it gives the error: "unable to download the remainder of this conversation".
How can I download the complete conversation?
Any suggestions to fix this?

and my conversation is in mixed language i.e English and roman urdu.
Does it matter if I submit the screen shots as they are or I need to provide the translation?

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salar123 said:
Hello,

I have around 35k+ messages with a my wife on facebook. The archive does show my messages from start, but after a certain point, it gives the error: "unable to download the remainder of this conversation".
How can I download the complete conversation?
Any suggestions to fix this?

and my conversation is in mixed language i.e English and roman urdu.
Does it matter if I submit the screen shots as they are or I need to provide the translation?

Thanks
You do NOT need to send them 35k messages!! Just select messages from various stages of your communication that cover the course of your relationship.