Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I have a question for Rob_TO o COMPUTERGEEK. When I and my family write invitations letters for my wife to visit Canada with me, do the letters have to be hand written and mailed from Canada to Mexico or can they be written in Microsoft word,signed and then scanned?

Carrie2014

Feb 26, 2014
Carrie2014 said:
Good day!

I arrived in Canada on a tourist visa last Dec. 15, 2013. How long can I stay in Canada on this visa? I was told for six (6) months. I just would like to verify if this is correct. What if I need to extend my stay? I read on a website that I have to apply for extension 30 days before the expiration: does this mean expiration of the six-month period, in my case June 15, 2014 or my visa? I have a multiple entry visa until August 2015.

However, there is this happy news. My BF asked me to marry him. I intended to stay until January or February 2014 only but the separation will be too much to bear. Marriage is set on May 24, 2014. He said we will apply for my permanent residency status from within Canada. However, it occurred to me that I have to apply to extend my stay on May 15, 2014 ( if above statement is correct RE 30 days before the 6-month period). Then, what will be its effect on my application for PR. Do I have to wait for the approval of the extension for temporary visa before we apply for my PR? If I won't apply for the extension and wait after the wedding then apply for the PR, am I staying illegally in Canada after June 15, 2014?

Thank you in advance for the help.
Hello, everyone!

I apologize for the long post. I posted the above query a month ago but, I understand that there are so many posts that the members had to deal with so I got no reply. I am posting my query again with updates:

1. We felt that in order to face no complications on the dates, we decided to move the wedding to May 11, 2014 to make sure I can apply a month prior to the end of my 6-month stay which is June 15, 2014.
2. Considering that I will already be married on May 15, 2014, should we apply for an extension of stay as a tourist or for PR status or both? We are really confused on how to do this.
3. During the application process, is there a way for me to work or study? I have been staying home for almost three months now and I am really feeling unproductive and home sick. I need to help my future husband earn and to make me feel productive again.

Thank you very much. I tried reading almost all of the the posts here to enlighten me but I am hoping to get specific answers to my query. Thanks again in advance!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
monologst said:
that means if we spend together one month and get married and start sponsorship process that would be no red flags?
we love each other
12 years gap between us
im an egyption
proof of relationship one year on the internet skype print , facebook,letters,photos etc...
she has no income
just one month together in real
so what do u think our chance is ?
thanks a lot
One month will not make any difference. When a younger foreign man marries an older Canadian woman, who's sole income is disability payments and may be defined as being in a vulnerable position, and where the 2 have hardly spent any time in person... there is a very high chance for a rejection of PR. As I said, it looks very strongly like the intent of the foreign person is to use the Canadian just to gain immigration to Canada. Not saying this is the case here, but you would need to think very hard as to what proof you can include that will convince a visa officer you are really in love and this is a genuine marriage.

lalaBiH said:
Well if she has no income you chance is 0.. she will be rejected right away before they even look at your application.. there is a minimum income requirement for sponsorship..
There is no specific minimum income requirement for spousal sponsorship. You only need to convince the visa officer that the sponsor will be able to support the applicant, and neither will have to go on welfare/social assistance programs after the applicant lands as PR.

In this case with the sole income of sponsor being disability payments, I think the chance of passing this criteria is very low. They would need to show letters from sponsor's family that they are willing to support them financially, or the applicant needs to show he has necessary education/skills to get a good job once arriving to Canada.

Konabo

Jan 29, 2014
Hi guys, so I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can shed some light on please:)

My situation:

In Canada Spousal Sponsorship
First stage approval received
Open Work permit received
Just waiting on police clearance from Namibia then a discision should hopefully be made
and I will have to attend the LANDED IMMIGRANT INTERVIEW.

My question :

Does my wife (my sponsor) definitely have to attend this interview? She has a job offer for a
2month teaching job in the UK and we are afraid these 2 events might happen at the same time.
Is there a way she can not attend the interview? Perhaps an declaration of some sort or an affidavit?

Thank you

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Konabo said:
Hi guys, so I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can shed some light on please:)

My situation:

In Canada Spousal Sponsorship
First stage approval received
Open Work permit received
Just waiting on police clearance from Namibia then a discision should hopefully be made
and I will have to attend the LANDED IMMIGRANT INTERVIEW.

My question :

Does my wife (my sponsor) definitely have to attend this interview? She has a job offer for a
2month teaching job in the UK and we are afraid these 2 events might happen at the same time.
Is there a way she can not attend the interview? Perhaps an declaration of some sort or an affidavit?

Thank you
She must attend the interview.

Not only that, but an inland sponsorship requires cohabitation/living together during the ENTIRE processing time, right up until landing. If the visa officer finds out the sponsor has moved to a new address, they will simply cancel the entire inland application. It doesn't matter what the reason is for moving.

So she better not take any job that would cause her to move, until after you land.

Also will you have conditional PR status after landing? This would require next 2 years to cohabit in same home together to maintain your PR status. Although a 2 month temporary time apart due to work would most likely not cause any issue here.

monologst

Feb 28, 2014
lalaBiH said:
Well if she has no income you chance is 0.. she will be rejected right away before they even look at your application.. there is aminimum income requirement for sponsorship.. i dont think there is ANY way around that.. maybe get her to work full tiem for a year and viisit you once more ( or you visit her)... you dont want to take a chance and get rejected because an appeal could be messy. One month of knowing someone in person does not sound adequate but then again I have seen in happen before ( as long as everything else matches up you might have a shot)
but she has got disability is that works

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
monologst said:
but she has got disability is that works
Disability is meant to support 1 person, not 2.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
What do you think Rob_TO?

I have a question for Rob_TO o COMPUTERGEEK. When I and my family write invitations letters for my wife to visit Canada with me, do the letters have to be hand written and mailed from Canada to Mexico or can they be written in Microsoft word,signed and then scanned?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
JAMO1973 said:
What do you think Rob_TO?

Sorry I have no idea on how to write invitation. Best to ask this to the visitors section of this forum: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitors-b8.0/

hi am there

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys,

i need ur advice.. :D :D :D
i received my passport request on 24th jan 2014, during this time my passport was with another country,s embassy office for my work visa processing..i wrote regarding this in detail to the visa office and requested for a PPR (passport request) at the end stage of the process. at this time i sent my CSQ and copy of RPRF receipt..
now i received my passport bak with work visa. Now i am planning to send my passport to delhi visa office along with latest communication details,chat history, call history etc. do u think this will make any problem since i am sending this without their second PPR?
do u think they will mis place my passport or throw the latest communication documents?
( i am not planning to travel abroad for the work visa which i received)
plz post ur valuable advice

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Thanks Rob_TO I just posted a new thread. I'll see if I get any advice.

HARMIN

Dec 19, 2013
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug,02/2013
AOR Received.
Aug,22/2013
File Transfer...
cpc-v to cpc-m on 03/03/2014
Med's Done....
June,13/2013 and PCC Feb,3/2014
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
AIP 14,OCT,2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 14,0CT,2014
LANDED..........
Never Gonna Happend That
JAMO1973 said:
Thanks Rob_TO I just posted a new thread. I'll see if I get any advice.
JAMO1973 ... CIC Visa Office Need A Official letter From Ur Relatives but Letter must be written by a lawyer or immigration Adviser (its like a grantee paper for ur wife given by ur relatives) and ur relatives need to provide some kind of good reasons for ur wife visit to them in Canada AND Invitation letter and visiting reasons proof must attached with TRV Application....
Second step ..ur wife need good amount in her bank account ..bank account must be older than a year and must got around CA$10 thousand in her bank account ..because Visa Office always ask for latest copy of ur bank statement ...
3rd step her income tax paper and this very important also because VO always ask for income tax paper
4th step ....if she currently working with any company or firm then better ask her to get her employer leave letter and her new pay slips too ..Visa office always ask for ..what u do for living and whats ur current job and pay ...
5th .... return ticket
FILL APPLICATION FORM AND MAKE FEES PAYMENT DRAFT FOR CANADIAN HIGH COMMISSION AND ATTACHED ALL NECESSARY PROOF WITH UR APPLICATION AND FILED UR WIFE TRV APPLICATION ..GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS ALL OF US
FOR MORE INFO U CAN VISIT www.cic.gc.ca

Konabo

Jan 29, 2014
Rob_TO said:
She must attend the interview.

Not only that, but an inland sponsorship requires cohabitation/living together during the ENTIRE processing time, right up until landing. If the visa officer finds out the sponsor has moved to a new address, they will simply cancel the entire inland application. It doesn't matter what the reason is for moving.

So she better not take any job that would cause her to move, until after you land.

Also will you have conditional PR status after landing? This would require next 2 years to cohabit in same home together to maintain your PR status. Although a 2 month temporary time apart due to work would most likely not cause any issue here.
Thanks so much!
Yes, I believe I will have full PR status and will be able to apply for Citizenship almost right away because I have been here for 4years. Her job will only be for 8weeks so i hope it doesnt matter but we'll wait till I'm landed.
Thanks again

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Konabo said:
Thanks so much!
Yes, I believe I will have full PR status and will be able to apply for Citizenship almost right away because I have been here for 4years.
Your PR status will be determined by if you submitted your application before or after Oct 25, 2012, or if after that date by how long you had been married/common-law at the time you submitted the app.

And for citizenship, keep in mind that days spent in Canada before you have PR status, only counts as 1/2 a day.

So to satisfy the current eligibility of 3 of past 4 years, the quickest possible time to qualify for citizenship is 2 full years after becoming PR.
Calculation would be 2 years before getting PR = 1 year of qualifying (at 1/2 time) + 2 years as a PR, for total 3 years in past 4.

Also there is a good chance the new rule of 4 of 6 years will kick in later this year, although this would not have an impact on you as you could calculate 4 years before PR = 2 years (1/2 time) + 2 years as a PR = 4 years in past 6.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
what do you think about visa issuing ?
is it be in the visa office ( like Cairo office ), or they sent the passport to Canada to stamp it ?