+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mech1090

Mar 25, 2014
CAN SOME BODY HELP TO EXPLAIN THIS....

13) Please give the name of the countries where your sponsor has resided, your sponsor's
complete address(es), and telephone number(s) in these countries, as well as period of
residence at each address since the time your sponsorship application was submitted:

I AM FILLING THE FORM BUT HERE THE CONFUSION IS

since the time your sponsorship application was submitted:

AS UP TO NOW I HAVE NOT SUBMITTED THE APPLICATION FOR MY SPOUSE, I AM CANADIAN NATIONAL, SO SHALL I LEAVE THIS QUESTION AS NOT APPLICABLE OR WHAT SHALL I HAVE TO WRITE THE CURRENT RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS OF CANADA AND ADDRESS OF SAUDI ARABIA WHERE I WORKED FOR 3 YEARS.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: It generally makes it more difficult, as CIC typically concludes that it is not

JAMO1973 said:
What i really need to know is how can we go for a visit? It's fine with me to start the permanent residency at a later time but what is the "easiest" way for us to gofor a vacation? I was born in Canada, I must have some rights to travel with my wife?
You have to demonstrate to a visa officer that she has strong ties to her home country: a lease, a job, etc. Reasons that she is just VISITING Canada.

The best order for this is to obtain the visitor visa first and THEN get married. Once married, CIC almost always assumes that the "visit" is not really a visit. Thus, when an officer decides she is "inadmissible" because she probably won't leave you can ask for discretionary permission via the TRP ("early admission"). For routine applications the manuals state they should grant such cases for exactly the reason you are citing: it's not reasonable to expect Canadian's to be forced to choose living with their spouse or living in their country.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
BeShoo said:
From certain countries, such as India, the percentage is much higher, because some 25% of spousal applications from there are rejected. If they have questions, they will do an interview of course, but they are also under pressure to get a certain number of applications done and they don't have enough resources available to do unnecessary interviews.
I thought this number was high, so I went and looked (data.gc.ca publishes the immigration data - its the most downloaded data set). While not 25%, it was high at 19%. Still ND has a very fast processing record (with 80% of applications completed in 11 months).

For comparison, CPP-O has a 5% rejection rate and BRO-V has an 83% rejection rate (but only 5 applications considered...) Guatemala was the highest rejection rate (29%) of the normal overseas offices.

LA had a 24% rejection rate, and NYC had a 15% rejection rate.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Thanks computergeek for the advice but if you have read some of my previous posts you'll see that I have 6 years living and working LEGALLY in Mexico. As Rob_TO suggested to me showing that I also have stronger ties to Mexico than Canada now should help? Let me know your opinion. Thanks

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
JAMO1973 said:
Thanks computergeek for the advice but if you have read some of my previous posts you'll see that I have 6 years living and working LEGALLY in Mexico. As Rob_TO suggested to me showing that I also have stronger ties to Mexico than Canada now should help? Let me know your opinion. Thanks
As I said, if your wife can prove ties to Mexico, then they should grant a TRV. If not, then there is always the option of a TRP (which is discretionary and not even considered until a TRV has been refused in the first place). My suggestion is to apply for the TRV before applying for PR - if possible, get a multiple-entry TRV. Once the TRV is granted, submit the PR application. That order makes it most likely you will succeed.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Yeah what we want to do is visit just because I haven't been back to Canada for 6 years. Just a regular vacation. Then maybe when we get back and IF my girlfriend/wife wants to move there we would then look into the residency process. But for now we just want to focus on getting the tourist visa. My thought is that with me living in Mexico we should apply for the visa after we get married and not before.Also I work here my girlfriend currently does not. So her applying for a tourist visa would surely be denied unless I and my family invite her. Opinion?????

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
JAMO1973 said:
Yeah what we want to do is visit just because I haven't been back to Canada for 6 years. Just a regular vacation. Then maybe when we get back and IF my girlfriend/wife wants to move there we would then look into the residency process. But for now we just want to focus on getting the tourist visa. My thought is that with me living in Mexico we should apply for the visa after we get married and not before.Also I work here my girlfriend currently does not. So her applying for a tourist visa would surely be denied unless I and my family invite her. Opinion?????
The idea that you are living in Mexico and want to bring your girlfriend to visit your friends/family is a plausible one. Without you she has no ties to Canada and since you are established in Mexico as long as she has a round trip ticket, evidence of support and invitation letters (showing how she will take care of herself while in Canada) it should not be an issue.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
That was my way of thinking also. As i explained to Rob_TO I am considered a non-resident in Canada right now and a temporary resident in Mexico with a legal FM3 visa to work and live here in Mexico. I have a bank account here,credit card,driver's licence and health care here non of which I currently have in Canada so all my ties apart from family are here so I would think it would be logical to CIC that we will both be returning here to Mexico. In a letter from my work here should I get them to state what time period I have for holidays? Do we need to buy plane tickets before the application?

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
what do you think about visa issuing ?
is it be in the visa office ( like Cairo office ), or they sent the passport to Canada to stamp it ?

KKRSTNA

Dec 17, 2012
How much are the extension fees? and when should I apply before my 6 month visitor status expire? Is two weeks prior too late?

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
155 bucks! 1 month prior is the best... :)

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
Re: It generally makes it more difficult, as CIC typically concludes that it is not

computergeek said:
The best order for this is to obtain the visitor visa first and THEN get married. Once married, CIC almost always assumes that the "visit" is not really a visit. Thus, when an officer decides she is "inadmissible" because she probably won't leave you can ask for discretionary permission via the TRP ("early admission"). For routine applications the manuals state they should grant such cases for exactly the reason you are citing: it's not reasonable to expect Canadian's to be forced to choose living with their spouse or living in their country.
computergeek: I'm not sure you read of my situation before but it seems similar to yours in that you applied from LA. A summary: I'm a Cdn citizen and married a US citizen last year. I applied for PR in US; my interview is April 22. After applying, circumstances changed and we also realized the cost of living is way too high here and there's no chance of any affordable healthcare coverage.

So now I'd like to sponsor my wife for PR in Canada. However, we would like to move to Canada together before she gets her PR granted. (I think if I don't return to Canada within 1 year (by mid-July), I'll become a non-resident.) Crossing the border seems to be full of perils even for genuine marriages such as ours. If we applied outland, would we qualify for "early admission" if our app is processing? Would that prevent her from being turned back at the border or airport or having to return before 6 months? As you mentioned the dilemma is CBSA will not think of it as a visit since she has no strong ties to the US. She was a student but quit and has no job. How could we qualify for this: "it's not reasonable to expect Canadians to be forced to choose living with their spouse or living in their country."?

Also on IMM0008, question 4 asks for: “Immigration Centre requested for processing this application.” I know a US outland application will be processed in CPP-O. But are they asking for which US city we’d want to go to for a possible interview?

Thanks for your help. Any others feel free to reply also. Thank you in advance if you do.

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
KKRSTNA said:
Will I be denied if I don't do it a month prior? I don't have a month! :((((
As what people said here online app is the best way. Some are denied even if they applied 1 or 2 months prior, so it depends on your application and the CIC officer handling your app.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
KKRSTNA said:
Will I be denied if I don't do it a month prior? I don't have a month! :((((
Nope. You wont be denied just because you didnt di it a month prior. I did mine online 7 days before and was approved for 1 year extension.