Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
kickb said:
This his citizenship will be jeopardy?
No offense but I don't think you know what you're talking about here. You can't lose citizenship for being a non-resident.

JAMO1973 said:
Also although I am a Canadian citizen i am considered a non-resident of Canada now because I have been living and working in Mexico since 2008. Apart from family and friends I have no ties to Canada eg. house,car,bank account. Does that make our ties to return to Mexico then stronger than to Canada?
Yes, it shows very strong ties to Mexico. You really don't need to worry, just go ahead and submit the travel visa request. Do not pay attention to that other poster, as he is only referring to situation where the Canadian spouse actually lives permanently in Canada. This does not apply to you.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I feel the same Rob. My living here doesn't affect my citizenship. I was born in Canada and am legally working here in Mexico and the Canadian government knows this. I have cancelled my medicare and advised the government of my temporary status in Mexico. So do you think then that submitting a letter from my employer as well as our rental contract would help us?

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Now regarding the actual application for tourist visa. I have seen that if you're not applying with a plane ticket and hotel already paid for you need an invitation to stay with family. Should I get family members to write letters inviting us to stay with them or should I write a letter to cic stating my desire to travel with my wife?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
JAMO1973 said:
Now regarding the actual application for tourist visa. I have seen that if you're not applying with a plane ticket and hotel already paid for you need an invitation to stay with family. Should I get family members to write letters inviting us to stay with them or should I write a letter to cic stating my desire to travel with my wife?
I would do both. Show a letter from your family that is basically inviting your wife, and that you will both stay at their home while visiting Canada. You should also explain that you are a non-resident and will be returning back to Mexico with her at the end of your trip. All your proofs of residency/job in Mexico will prove this.

Your wife's main tie is to you, and your tie right now is to Mexico. So in that sense there should be no issues in getting her the travel visa.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Would it be a good idea to send her's and my bank statements showing that we have money in Mexican bank accounts also to show ties here?

sreeram

Aug 27, 2013
Hi guys,
My name is Sreeram. I have a PR and its been close to 10 months in Canada. I have been trying to get my wife here on spousal sponsorship. So with this respect I had applied her forms with relevant documents, in Jan. Unfortunately they returned the application, saying its incomplete as it does not have any "option C print out". At the time of my application I did not have my T4 so I attached other financial documents like statement and payslips to support.

Now i have submitted my application for tax returns, but since its a first time application the agency says it would take anywhere between 3 to 6 months for my tax returns to come in. So i was thinking if I can bring in my wife on a Tourist Visa. I would like to know if, me bringing her on Tourist Visa would affect the Spousal Sponsorship? What steps should I take so that the next time, there is no delay or return of application.

Regards,

Sreeram

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
BeShoo said:
It's fine to visit Canada while applying outside Canada, but if an interview is required, that will be in Japan or whichever visa office looks after Japan, but I have heard that only about 3% of applications require interviews.
BeShoo, wow, I didn't realize spousal interviews would have such a low % requirement. I was concerned about my wife having to fly back to LA for 1 if we move to Canada as her PR is processed. Great info, thanks a lot!

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Thanks rob_TO. What do you think about my comment about showing bank statements as a way to establish ties here in Mexico?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
JAMO1973 said:
Thanks rob_TO. What do you think about my comment about showing bank statements as a way to establish ties here in Mexico?
Sure, it shows ties to Mexico so won't hurt to include it.

Lucasvilla

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 1st
This question was asked in the supplementary form : How many passport do you have including your current one ? my wife have the old passport and the renewal passport does that make the answer to be ( 2 passport) ? Please help as am filling the form atm.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
hcseeker said:
BeShoo, wow, I didn't realize spousal interviews would have such a low % requirement. I was concerned about my wife having to fly back to LA for 1 if we move to Canada as her PR is processed. Great info, thanks a lot!
From certain countries, such as India, the percentage is much higher, because some 25% of spousal applications from there are rejected. If they have questions, they will do an interview of course, but they are also under pressure to get a certain number of applications done and they don't have enough resources available to do unnecessary interviews.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I understand dealing with Lawyers and Paralegals that do immigration it is more difficult to get immigration with a marriage certificate. There has been a lot of fraud and abuse.
One of my clients who has practiced immigration for over 20 years has to consistently go to immigration hearings and provide evidence that the marriage is genuine not just for immigration purposes. There has also been scams that prey of Canadians that think that they are in a real marriage only to find out that their spouse was only interested in their money and citizenship. The amount of money being lost to marriage scams is estimated in the billions of dollars. That is the reason why the Canadian government has passed legislation that now put the immigrating spouse on probation for five years. I would also suggest that Canadians get a marriage agreement signed and not disclose their assets, hide them from the spouse until you are 100% certain they are a real spouse and not a scam artist.

In reality this is a form of legal prostitution, I can sum it up in the following joke.

A man asks a women would you sleep with me for a million dollars. The women replied of course I will. Then the man asked the women would you sleep with me for a dollar. The women replies who do you think I am. The man replies we know what you are we just negotiating the price.

hackysack2014

Mar 20, 2014
hi am there said:
feeling sorry for u..have strength and faith in god
i suggest u to record some more conversations bet those two and record the threat conversation bet u two, keep a copy of this and report to the cic regarding ur situation along with the recordings as well as the nearest police officer. this should help u to avoid any kinds of blackmailg.
manage the situation carefully..dont make her aggressive.take care

Hi hi am there: Thank you. "dont make her aggressive" - liked it. I think I am managing my anger very calmly. I wont give her any chance to bring police at home. I have NO feeling for her anymore! So I am just thinking my safe exit - like how to get rid off her. Today or tomorrow. I am staying out of home (because of work) most of the time! What a 'fate of irony'! What I didnt do for her to bring her over here to Canada. What NOT ? Everything possible for a person. Now she is paying off nicely with full amount of interest+capital......Shame on me. Is there really GOD in the world? may be! Thanks again.