File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. I believe these days you should count on it taking at least 8 months. Possibly longer.
2. No - she keeps her citizenship.
3. You won't lose your green card immediately. However if you are planning to make Canada your home then you will eventually lose your green card due to lack of residency in the US.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
frenchkiss said:
Hi guys please help!

My common-law partner from Quebec is ready to send his sponsorship application to Canada but we are wondering if I should send my PR application at the same time? In my Document Checklist Philippines it's stated there that I must submit Quebec Selection Certificate. So, should I wait to send my PR application until I obtain the certificate? And if he send his Sponsorship without my PR application, should he pay only for his sponsorship application or the whole thing such as: Sponsorship, Principal applicant, Dependent and Right of Permanent Residence Fee?
You have to send the sponsorship application and the PR application at the same time. You also need to pay the fee for both. If you are bringing dependents with you, they also need to be included along with any necessary fees. You can pay the RPRF at the beginning or after they are ready to approve you. In that case, they will ask for it and they will have to wait until they get it before they can proceed.

If you already have a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) due to already having a work permit for Quebec, you need to send it with your application, but if you are getting one through sponsorship, be you have to send the sponsorship approval letter to Quebec with your CSQ application so you won't including it with your initial PR application.

frenchkiss

Mar 18, 2014
BeShoo said:
You have to send the sponsorship application and the PR application at the same time. You also need to pay the fee for both. If you are bringing dependents with you, they also need to be included along with any necessary fees. You can pay the RPRF at the beginning or after they are ready to approve you. In that case, they will ask for it and they will have to wait until they get it before they can proceed.

If you already have a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) due to already having a work permit for Quebec, you need to send it with your application, but if you are getting one through sponsorship, be you have to send the sponsorship approval letter to Quebec with your CSQ application so you won't including it with your initial PR application.
thank you!!! I think that's what I should do.

Ozkr

Mar 19, 2014
Hey Thanks Leon!!... but still have some douts. Can someone help me!. Im already apply, outland. and my housband was already acepted as a sponsor. I live in mexico, but I want to move there, while we finish the process. I have a multiple enter visa. If I go to canada and stay there, is this going to afect my aplication? . If i move should i call the embassy and provide my new address. ? Should I buy a round trip flight ticket? ....

Thank you . I hope someone can help . sorry for ask to many questions hehe. I just wanna be sure and dont make a mistake.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ozkr said:
Hey Thanks Leon!!... but still have some douts. Can someone help me!. Im already apply, outland. and my housband was already acepted as a sponsor. I live in mexico, but I want to move there, while we finish the process. I have a multiple enter visa. If I go to canada and stay there, is this going to afect my aplication? . If i move should i call the embassy and provide my new address. ? Should I buy a round trip flight ticket? ....

Thank you . I hope someone can help . sorry for ask to many questions hehe. I just wanna be sure and dont make a mistake.
You can VISIT to Canada during the application process. Make sure you never use the words "moving" or "living" when talking to Canadian immigration officer. You should also have a return airplane ticket dated for max of 6 months later.

When you visit to Canada for 6-12 months or however long you intend to stay, yes you can change your address to your Canadian address. However at some point before your PR is approved you will need to send in your passport to get it stamped at the Mexico visa office, so make sure you are able to do that while you reside in Canada.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Hello. I am a Canadian citizen who was born in Canada. I have been living in Mexico for the last 6 years. I have been with my girlfriend for 5 years now. We are planning to get married in June and I would like for us to go to Canada to live. I know I can sponsor her under the family class. What kind of information do we need to show the length of our relationship? We don't have a landline phone to show our address,we only have a rental agreement where we live which has both our names and our id's have the same address. Also when we apply should we send photos, e-mail copies etc. or do we wait for immigration Canada to ask for specific proof? Thanks for any help in advance.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
JAMO1973 said:
Hello. I am a Canadian citizen who was born in Canada. I have been living in Mexico for the last 6 years. I have been with my girlfriend for 5 years now. We are planning to get married in June and I would like for us to go to Canada to live. I know I can sponsor her under the family class. What kind of information do we need to show the length of our relationship? We don't have a landline phone to show our address,we only have a rental agreement where we live which has both our names and our id's have the same address. Also when we apply should we send photos, e-mail copies etc. or do we wait for immigration Canada to ask for specific proof? Thanks for any help in advance.
Send everything in advance to keep delays to a minimum. Photos, letters, e-mails, tickets to anything you've gone to together, letters from family and friends who can vouch for the fact you two are together etc.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
Thanks Parker. I was also wondering about how to show my intention to move back to Canada. I have heard that I will need a letter or two from friends and or family offering to have us live with them while I find work and a place to live etc. Do these letters need to be hand written or can they be written in microsoft word and then copied and signed by the person writing? We are also planning to visit Canada for a vacation. My girlfriend doesn't have a visa for Canada. I was wondering if I can invite/sponsor her to visit Canada even though I am not living in Canada now and don't have my own place there anymore.

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
BeShoo: thanks so much for your thorough replies: lots of good info there. The link to the thread was really helpful and saved me a lot of looking around.
I called CBSA today and duty on our Japanese manufactured car will be 6.1%. I don't want to pay an extra $1k (incl GST) to import it beyond what I already paid. I guess I'll have to buy a NA made car and bring that across.

BeShoo and Leon: Leon, thanks for your reply. Along w BeShoo's info, it's now settled in my mind that moving and living should NOT ever be mentioned before my wife has her PR. You both stated I'd have to show intent to move back to Canada in order for me to apply outland while I'm living in the US. Your advice was corroborated when I found this on CIC website under Guide 3900:
"If I live outside Canada, may I sponsor?
If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident."

My conundrum is how the hell do I prove that??? Do I have to rent a place in Canada for the months our apps will be processing? The toll free # for CIC doesn't work down here and the LA Cdn consulate says it gives no immigration/visa info.

I suppose at this point I should apply outland right away to get the process going. I read some posts that advised doing the medical exam and police check after you apply instead of including it with the app as CIC tells us to. Any thoughts on that?
Thanks for your replies. :)

ipanda

Feb 20, 2014
Hello, friends, I have a question about online payment receipt.
In the receipt there are blanks with "Name, Client Date of Birth and Client ID etc.", should I write the sponsor's information? or the sponsored spouse's information?

I searched it in the forum about similar question asked by others, and someone responded to use the sponsor's name...
So it is Sponsor's name+ spouse's DOB and UCI number?

tarina

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
I put sponsor's info and spouse info on ours to be sure :)

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
ipanda said:
Hello, friends, I have a question about online payment receipt.
In the receipt there are blanks with "Name, Client Date of Birth and Client ID etc.", should I write the sponsor's information? or the sponsored spouse's information?

I searched it in the forum about similar question asked by others, and someone responded to use the sponsor's name...
So it is Sponsor's name+ spouse's DOB and UCI number?
I put sponsor information and got Sponsorship approval.

Don't make a thing complicated.

avneet kaur

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Feb 2014
Doc's Request.
4th April 2014
AOR Received.
20th March 2014
File Transfer...
21st March 2014
Med's Done....
30th jan 2014,Done Remeds without request 1st Feb 2015
Interview........
20 may 2015
Passport Req..
submitted after interview, Got passport back on 5june 2015
VISA ISSUED...
IP since 20 may 2015, DM on 5june 2015
LANDED..........
only god nd ndvo knows
hi everybody
m apply for canada spouse visa
my timeline is
app. received by cic= 19th feb 2014
med. done= 30th jan 2014
bt i hve no any email receive from cic

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Rob_TO said:
You can VISIT to Canada during the application process. Make sure you never use the words "moving" or "living" when talking to Canadian immigration officer. You should also have a return airplane ticket dated for max of 6 months later.

When you visit to Canada for 6-12 months or however long you intend to stay, yes you can change your address to your Canadian address. However at some point before your PR is approved you will need to send in your passport to get it stamped at the Mexico visa office, so make sure you are able to do that while you reside in Canada.
I did this with my own application. I moved to Canada as a visitor while my application is being processed. I had to make sure though that we got stage 1 approval first. I bought a round trip plane ticket and just cancelled it once I received my PR. I changed my address to a Canadian address as soon as I came to Canada.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
hcseeker said:
BeShoo: thanks so much for your thorough replies: lots of good info there. The link to the thread was really helpful and saved me a lot of looking around.
I called CBSA today and duty on our Japanese manufactured car will be 6.1%. I don't want to pay an extra $1k (incl GST) to import it beyond what I already paid. I guess I'll have to buy a NA made car and bring that across.
Keep in mind that if you buy a car in the US, before you can import it and get it insured in Canada, it must first have modifications done to meet Canadian safety standards (since some differ from US). One example is running headlights. Also be aware that depending on the brand of car, things like warranty claims, recalls, etc the Canadian dealerships may refuse since the car is US, and they can tell you do go back to US to get these things done (every car dealership is a bit different with this).

My conundrum is how the hell do I prove that??? Do I have to rent a place in Canada for the months our apps will be processing? The toll free # for CIC doesn't work down here and the LA Cdn consulate says it gives no immigration/visa info.
You can show you've been looking for work in Canada, looking for appartments (maybe hired a realtor to help find a rental for you), if you have family that will help you initially they could write a testimonial, etc etc.

I suppose at this point I should apply outland right away to get the process going. I read some posts that advised doing the medical exam and police check after you apply instead of including it with the app as CIC tells us to. Any thoughts on that?
US applicants should ALWAYS get the medical done up-front, and submit it with the application. US apps are processed in CPP-Ottawa, and many take in the 10 month range or sometimes less to finish. Not doing the medical up-front, means CIC needs to request it later which can add a delay to your processing if they put your file on hold.