+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

sakura14

Feb 3, 2014
hi! newbie here... I've encountered a problem with my IMM 5669 schedule a background/declaration question 12. Addresses. I have only lived in one address which is my current address up until now.Bu the address stated in our marriage contract is not my permanent address. I got our marriage license from Caloocan, Philippines for our convenience because of our busy schedule then. But i am not from Caloocan, Philippines. So my address in the marriage license had to be Caloocan too. It was carried on to our nso marriage contract. So, should i include Caloocan as one of my addresses here in the philippines? If so, is it necessary that i list Caloocan as my address at the time i took our marriage license? or should i write an explanation letter? Thank you very much! :)

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
computergeek said:
Which visa office?
beirut ::)
i have read in the forum about the notes can u plz provide me with information how to ask for my notes and how long usually the process of getting the visa take ? a friend of mine called the embassy after ten months and they told him that his wife visa is ready and she can pass by to take it .

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
security clearance its the longest phase in application process, does anyone know how much it take ?

the Cairo office requested my passport , i thought the visa is ready for issuing , they reply me said it's still pending on security clearance ?? !!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mosaab said:
security clearance its the longest phase in application process, does anyone know how much it take ?

the Cairo office requested my passport , i thought the visa is ready for issuing , they reply me said it's still pending on security clearance ?? !!
There is no known set time or limit for this phase.
If you are "squeaky clean" it might only be a few days. If however, you happen to share the same name as a suspected terrorist, the sky is the limit...

YogaOTO

Jan 31, 2014
toutesweet said:
It says 23 months but the average time especially for an uncomplicated application through the US is actually much faster. If you look on the US thread many people take 5 mo. How long will your status remain valid in the US? Or do you plan to move to Canada earlier?
The thing to do really for now is to refer to page 1 of this thread
Thank you so much for your reply. To answer your questions: 1) my status remains valid till Sept. 2015. 2) We are still deciding on whether or not to move to Canada earlier. But we'll make a decision soon.

Another thing is that: our case is actually a bit complicated. At his first marriage (he divorced once), he used to try to get a PR status for his ex-wife but got rejected (back then, he was still in Canada). Does this record make it harder for me to apply for PR status?

Thanks a lot!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
YogaOTO said:
Thank you so much for your reply. To answer your questions: 1) my status remains valid till Sept. 2015. 2) We are still deciding on whether or not to move to Canada earlier. But we'll make a decision soon.

Another thing is that: our case is actually a bit complicated. At his first marriage (he divorced once), he used to try to get a PR status for his ex-wife but got rejected (back then, he was still in Canada). Does this record make it harder for me to apply for PR status?

Thanks a lot!
A lot depends on exactly why his previous sponsorship application was rejected, but it can't help...

YogaOTO

Jan 31, 2014
zardoz said:
A lot depends on exactly why his previous sponsorship application was rejected, but it can't help...
Thanks, zardoz, for your reply! I am not sure what "but it can't help..." means?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
YogaOTO said:
Thanks, zardoz, for your reply! I am not sure what "but it can't help..." means?
Sorry, it's an English idiom meaning that it might cause problems. If the previous application was rejected for misrepresentation, for example, it will cause the new one to be more closely scrutinized.

YogaOTO

Jan 31, 2014
zardoz said:
Sorry, it's an English idiom meaning that it might cause problems. If the previous application was rejected for misrepresentation, for example, it will cause the new one to be more closely scrutinized.
No worries at all. Thank you so much for your explanation ;-) I got it now.

litsa74

Sep 21, 2013
Hi again.
I am a canadian citizen by birth and me and my husband are living in Greece. We are going to send this month the applications for family sponsorship outland. My worries is since I dont have a job in Canada and a home , but I have some money on bank accounts with my mother and sister how can i prove that I am able to support my husband? How much money do I need to show to the cic so I won't be disappovaled as a sponsor.

arravv

Mar 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hello All,

I am a Permanent Resident, got married on January 22nd, 2014 in India. I wanted to bring my Wife as fast as I can. Below are the two ways I think I can apply:
A. Sponsor her (outside canada) and wait till she gets approved.
B. Apply for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) and get her into the country for limited period (less than 6 months).

Can anyone please tell me if I can apply for both above cases A and B. I really appreciate any responses. I was told by an agency that a PR holder cannot apply for TRV for his/her spouse.

Thanks,
Arravv

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
litsa74 said:
Hi again.
I am a canadian citizen by birth and me and my husband are living in Greece. We are going to send this month the applications for family sponsorship outland. My worries is since I dont have a job in Canada and a home , but I have some money on bank accounts with my mother and sister how can i prove that I am able to support my husband? How much money do I need to show to the cic so I won't be disappovaled as a sponsor.
as long as you are not in welfare other than disability you will be approved as sponsor to sponsor your spouse. consult the web-site of CIC and the form 1344 in there.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Hello everyone,just wondering if anyone from Philippines who has a minor dependent that does their medicals. How much does it cost for a 10 yr.old to undergo medicals? she had hers 2 yrs ago and last night manila sent the request of getting her meds done again. can't call the panel of physicians' number since they are close now. anyone could answer this pls. would be much appreciated. Thanks and have a great day! :)

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
I had been unemployed and 'traveling' more or less back and forth from Canada from 2007 to 2011 Pretty much living with my husband.. On the IMM5669 it asks about what you've been doing the last ten years. How do I state I traveled and was unemployed, what would the location be etc? Should I attach extra info explaining?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msbigshot said:
I had been unemployed and 'traveling' more or less back and forth from Canada from 2007 to 2011 Pretty much living with my husband.. On the IMM5669 it asks about what you've been doing the last ten years. How do I state I traveled and was unemployed, what would the location be etc? Should I attach extra info explaining?
You should definitely attach something that best describes this, as it would be impossible to do on the form itself.

I would suggest writing (on the form) the date range of 2007 (what month?) thru 2011 (what month?) and write (See Appendix A (or whatever you choose to title the document)). Don't write `see attached', because if it suddenly becomes unattached, it may never be know what it is!