Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Dawer said:
Hi All,

I am really stuck with this new change of 5 year ban on sponsorship by those who themselves became permanent resident by marriage sponsorship.
However, my situation is slightly different and I am not sure if I am affected or not by this change.

I came here as a student on a 1 year long course and immigrated as a Skilled Worker. Prior to immigrating I was married and my ex-wife's points were also added in qualifying me for Skilled Worker(SW-1) category.
I wasn't sponsored under family class not she sponsored me. My exwife was a Canadian citizen at the time and I was on a work-permit. We have been divorced for about 11 months now.

Now that I am divorced as of last year and would like to remarry someone from India. I would like to know if I will be able to sponsor her or not under spousal sponsorship.

Please provide your valuable input.
No, this does not bar you from sponsoring someone. It only applies to someone previously sponsored in the spouse/partner class within the five years prior to the application. You came as a skilled worker.

aryan1

Nov 29, 2013
toutesweet said:
I hope you didn't make that decision based on the grim responses. It's true conjugal is very hard and you would have to have lived together for at least one year, but if you would like to explore your relationship further, and see if you would even like Canada and give yourself a deeper footing with immigration should you decide to get married, the best thing for you to do now is apply for a trv and have her sponsor you for that. You said you were willing to leave your studies for her. Instead you can use your studies to help prove to CIC that you will be returning to India at the end of your trv. Pay your next year's tuition in advance and show then that. If you both still want to, you will have to slow down to be successful. Canadian immigration is nothing if not a test of patience and endurance. If the person you are with is ouryou think may very well be the love of your life, there is no choice and it's worth it.Otherwise iI don't recommend the time and toll the process excises from your soul. Best of luck in your endeavours either way.

No i didn decide it based on the responses i got here, its just me and my girl friend decided to wait till her course will get over in canada (more than 2 year) then she will visit me here in India and we are planning to get married here. In mean time i will visit her on a tourist visa and i think its better if we can wait as my study visa chances are not so good because i have some year gap so its better if she will visit me here in India and we'll get married and ya we both are serious relationship though it been few months but when feeling are strong time and patience doesn't matter much :)
and thanx bro for your reply :)
what you think is after getting married here what are my chances to immigrate?

ladybugclh

Oct 13, 2013
I have a bit of a question..visa office is Ottawa Husband is American..we received passport request Aug 12th..sent that in along with additional documents....he redid medicals and they have been received and he passed..they were received Oct 28th...I assuming that passport request means they are getting ready to send COPR...as of now we still have application received...i sent in an email changing his address to mine today so hopefully that doesn't screw anything up....but the passport request and a recommend pass on his gcms notes is a good thing yes..thanks for the help

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
aryan1 said:
No i didn decide it based on the responses i got here, its just me and my girl friend decided to wait till her course will get over in canada (more than 2 year) then she will visit me here in India and we are planning to get married here. In mean time i will visit her on a tourist visa and i think its better if we can wait as my study visa chances are not so good because i have some year gap so its better if she will visit me here in India and we'll get married and ya we both are serious relationship though it been few months but when feeling are strong time and patience doesn't matter much :)
and thanx bro for your reply :)
what you think is after getting married here what are my chances to immigrate?

After two years? Great. Keep a record of all your phone calls emails pics Skype records etc. Travel visas, whatever.
All evidence of your relationship together and include a few letters from friends or family in both countries indicating that they are aware of your relationship.

NewbieMay

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2013
AOR Received.
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
02/06/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013
Passport Req..
05/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/12/2013
LANDED..........
07/02/2014
recieved my visa! yaaay! :D

here is my timeline

Sponsorshi application received - 05/03/2013
Processed - 5/24/2013
DM - 5/24/2013

Sent to manila - 5/24/2013
Received - 6/02/2013
PPR- 11/05/2013
DM - not sure when coz i just checked my status on ecas ( 12/2/2013)
visa received - 12/4/2013

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
NewbieMay said:
recieved my visa! yaaay! :D

here is my timeline

Sponsorshi application received - 05/03/2013
Processed - 5/24/2013
DM - 5/24/2013

Sent to manila - 5/24/2013
Received - 6/02/2013
PPR- 11/05/2013
DM - not sure when coz i just checked my status on ecas ( 12/2/2013)
visa received - 12/4/2013
Sweet!!! Congrats! Wish we were through Manila! Welcome :)

RFD

Oct 3, 2013
MilesAway said:
You can request processing through London, but CIC can still send it to the applicant's country of nationality. Where is your spouse from?
MilesAway,

Our scenario is slightly different in the sense that i got my PR last year and then we got married and he came to London from PAKISTAN as my dependent and got the 2 year VISA and then we live together for 4 months in London and then i came back here to Canada and now i want to sponsor him for Canada. Now can you please guide me what would be the procedure, Please ?

Thanks

CapeCanadian

Oct 29, 2013
KaZRa said:
Can anyone break down the pros and cons of both Outland and Inland?
Not sure if anyone responded to you yet. We applied outbound (Canadian living abroad) even though in a months time i will move back to Canada. The biggest advantage is the waiting time for the spousal approval. Depending on the office, it can be a difference of 10 months between outbound and inbound. The second advantage of outbound is if it is refused, you have the right to an appeal, while inbound you do not. Good luck in the process....highly suggest a large flip chart paper on the wall..

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
RFD said:
My Spouse is from Pakistan.
What kind of visa does your spouse have in London? If he is there on a minimum 1-year visa, then you can request to have London visa office process your application. But this is a request only and has no guarantees.

The decision of what visa office to use, is entirely the choice of CPC-Mississauga. If your spouses visa was not for 1 year, or if his visa in London will be expiring soon, then CPC-M will most likely just send the application based on citizenship so that will be Islamabad. So that is what you need to prepare for.

RFD

Oct 3, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My spouse have 2 years visa which was issued in March 2013 and its for 2 Years which means it will get expired in June 2015. So he would be there in London for more then a year.

It would be so nice if you can guide us how to process our case ?

Thanks

yawdie

Dec 4, 2013
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum so i would like some advice. I am in Canada and is currently been sponsored by my wife, my ecas is currently at Decision Made as i've went through all the prior procedures. I've recently got an email stating that i should pay the ROPR fee of $490 and that i should fax CIC Scarborough a clear copy of my passport, assuming that this is a good sign i am wondering what is the next step and how long will it take for me to landed?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
RFD said:
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My spouse have 2 years visa which was issued in March 2013 and its for 2 Years which means it will get expired in June 2015. So he would be there in London for more then a year.

It would be so nice if you can guide us how to process our case ?

Thanks
As previously mentioned, you can request London, but CIC will send it wherever they decide.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
yawdie said:
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum so i would like some advice. I am in Canada and is currently been sponsored by my wife, my ecas is currently at Decision Made as i've went through all the prior procedures. I've recently got an email stating that i should pay the ROPR fee of $490 and that i should fax CIC Scarborough a clear copy of my passport, assuming that this is a good sign i am wondering what is the next step and how long will it take for me to landed?
This means that they will schedule a landing interview for you and you will become a permanent resident. So yes, it's a good sign. But it can take 2 weeks to 6 months before you are landed, depending upon the office.

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys I need some advise/information.... We've gotten our AIP, waiting for my husbands criminal background from his home country. Right now my husband is working but as many of you may know the rate of pay for new immigrants are horrible, we've been talking about him going out West to work for a year or so. Does anyone know If this could affect our application? Any advise would gone greatly appreciated! Thanks

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please advise. I have the following situation.
I am Russian, married Canadian guy for more than 10 years (together we are for 16 years). Have kids together - 9 and 3 years old (with Canadian citizenship). All this time husband was working in Moscow and I never applied for PR (was not interested). In the same moment we were coming to Canada in 2000, 2005,2006,2008,2012 to visit my parents in law. Each time I was receiving tourist visa. 1,5 years ago I received again multiple tourist visa, used it last summer and again came with it this summer.
But in April rather suddenly husband decided to leave his job and we decided to try to live in Canada for a while and moved to Canada in July. So I had no time to apply for PR from outside Canada before we moved in (husband and children with their Canadian passports and me with my tourist visa). So everything was ok, I became pregnant again, we decided that we are happy in Canada and decided to stay here longer, and now 180 days of my possible stay are almost over. So we need to apply for my PR. But while I am waiting for PR -will I be illegal? Or I should apply in the same moment for prolongation of my tourist visa? In order I have some base why I am staying in Canada? There is small problem(or benefit) that in several days we are leaving for Hawaii and returning at 26th of Dec. From one side my visit to USA should make Canadians to count 180 days again from zero (am I right?). From another side -my 180 days finish at 5th of January but on 26th of December they can tell me - why do you go back to Canada? You should go to Russia! Have they such right?
What is the easiest way to receive PR for me?