jan 26 2012
Passport Req..
may 28 2012
VISA ISSUED...
june 12 2012
LANDED..........
oct 18 2012
Can sponsor leave canada?

i wanna leave canada to go back to my home country due to an emergency..im a PR here..i sponsored my husband 3 mos ago and was approved to be a sponsor ..can i leave canada? I really need to leave but then im worried his visa will be denied. Any advice pls? Anyone here went out of canada too? Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Re: Can sponsor leave canada?

Pinkblush said:
i wanna leave canada to go back to my home country due to an emergency..im a PR here..i sponsored my husband 3 mos ago and was approved to be a sponsor ..can i leave canada? I really need to leave but then im worried his visa will be denied. Any advice pls? Anyone here went out of canada too? Thanks!
You can leave for a short time of a couple of weeks. If you stay away for much longer than that, CIC might believe that you are no longer a resident and then cancel the application.

ashvin22

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - Spousal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2013
AOR Received.
19-06-2013
File Transfer...
04-06-2013
Med's Done....
17-02-2013
Interview........
Rec waived 23-12-2013
Passport Req..
18-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE! 12-01-2014
LANDED..........
Jan 29,2014
Not sure if that is sufficient. However, I used the Notice of Assessment from CRA that was mailed to me when I filed my taxes ( instead of the Option C printout). It worked fine and our sponsorship was approved without issues.

canadaloving said:
Hi there everyone, question about Option C printout, is it ok if my husband will not request for it at CRA, what he did is he just printed his Option C or assessment on his own CRA account. Would that be fine? Is there a difference? Thank you!

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
Dear All, I need your urgent attention, please..

I am a landed immigrant, got PR recently, I didnt accompany my wife and daughter in my immigration application. But I provided all the details of my family and stated the reason that she is having her studies and cannot move right now, in my PR application.

I have two simple questions.

I have all the forms and I want to apply in MIssissauga office...

1) My new born son has Manual Passport, provided by Pakistan Embassy in Egypt (My son was born in Egypt two months ago) can I apply with this manual PP.

2)Should I get the Med of my family done myself from IOM and send it alongwith the initial sponsorship application? (My wife and daughter have already been through these medicals while my case was in process on the request of my Visa officer.)

Please do reply as far as u know because I m in ISB for some days and want to do all the stuff during my presence here...

Waiting.

canadaloving

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 05, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 10, 2013
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 05, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 10, 2014; In Process July 10, 2014; Decision Made July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July24, 2014
ashvin22 said:
Not sure if that is sufficient. However, I used the Notice of Assessment from CRA that was mailed to me when I filed my taxes ( instead of the Option C printout). It worked fine and our sponsorship was approved without issues.
Thank you ashvin! Good luck to your application! ;)

ladybugclh

Oct 13, 2013
I have a question....general background again first...visa office is Ottawa..my husband got PPR on Aug.12th..we sent that in along with proof of communication and the orginal FBI check(he sent in a copy by mistake)...he redid his medicals as doctor and immigration lost them...they were received Oct 29...according to gcms notes it looks like his application went into process on Oct.31...he is planning on moving here middle of december regardless....question is should we update his address to mine here in Ontario now or wait to see if he receives his COPR by the time he plans to move..and would it make a difference if we change his address to mine even though he would still be living there for another month...thanks in advance for the help

iamlost

Nov 2, 2013
my husband just made his birth certificate in bangladesh and the original copy is in english so do we just send a photocopy of that or does he have to certify it? and also same with our marriage paper (nikkah nama) we have one done in english and one done in bangla so should we just send the original english attested copy or do we need to make a photocopy of that and send the copy ? :'(

On the checklist it says " IF YOUR DOCUMENTS ARE NOT IN ENGLISH OR IN FRENCH SEND A NOTARIZED (CERTIFIED) TRANSLATION WITH A COPY OF THE ORIGINALS. so does this mean we have to send the original document as well as the certified ones or photocopy of the original one as well as the certified ones??

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
nashe_31 said:
1) My new born son has Manual Passport, provided by Pakistan Embassy in Egypt (My son was born in Egypt two months ago) can I apply with this manual PP.
That should be sufficient.

nashe_31 said:
2)Should I get the Med of my family done myself from IOM and send it along with the initial sponsorship application? (My wife and daughter have already been through these medicals while my case was in process on the request of my Visa officer.)
There are separate rules for each region, so it's always prudent to follow the appropriate rules. My recollection is that Islamabad does not want up front medicals (because of the extended time before they even look at your application). If your family is in Egypt, though you might be using a different office, in which case you should follow the rules appropriate to that office.

Given that your wife and daughter were previously examined the process should be fairly straight-forward for you. If your application is complete and thorough I suspect you will be one of the fast cases.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Hey all,

Can anyone help me out?
I've been seeing on the forum,and got the impression that you have to send your passport into immigration after they process your application?
If my partner sponsors me,will I be required to send in my passport?
I'm worried,because we are planning on sending in our application and then going to Australia for a year ( both being on temporary working visas ).
I'm worried about sending my passport away,as I'll probably be in Australia at the time,and I don't really like the idea of being in another country on a temporary working visa and having no passport (pretty sure that's not allowed by law too...) and having something happen like my visa running out and have to leave the country but have no passport...

What should we do?
thanks all for your help!

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
KarlR said:
Hey all,

Can anyone help me out?
I've been seeing on the forum,and got the impression that you have to send your passport into immigration after they process your application?
If my partner sponsors me,will I be required to send in my passport?
I'm worried,because we are planning on sending in our application and then going to Australia for a year ( both being on temporary working visas ).
I'm worried about sending my passport away,as I'll probably be in Australia at the time,and I don't really like the idea of being in another country on a temporary working visa and having no passport (pretty sure that's not allowed by law too...) and having something happen like my visa running out and have to leave the country but have no passport...

What should we do?
thanks all for your help!
It depends on where your application will be processed. Some visa offices require the actual passport, others require photocopies of all the pages. Some want the passport at the beginning of the process and hang onto it for the duration of the processing, others ask for it right before PR is approved. You need to find out what the procedure is for the visa office your application will be processed at and make your plans accordingly. You can't legally be in Australia without having your passport and visa with you so its possible that you may have to either delay applying for PR for Canada or delay your trip to Australia. Find out if your country requires photocopies or the original and decide from there.

port louis

Nov 14, 2013
Leon said:
So you are in the situation that you want to sponsor your foreign spouse for permanent residency of Canada and don't know where to start. Here are some tips:

hi me and my boyfriend met online , 7 months back, he came for visit for 3 wks after 5 months of relationship , we are planning to get married in india next yr in 2014 . we both are Indian. he got his PR last year
i would like to know if i stand a chance for immigration.
i mean will my proposal be rejected because we met online,
what kind of proof do i need to provide ?
and can i accompany my husband back to canada after our marriage ?
what type of visa will i need ?
i want to stay with him during the processing time , what is the best way?
i want to view alll the options .

KIM1960

Nov 19, 2012
Hello everyone,

My husband lost his PR status because he did not meet residency requirement (physically presence in Canada).

We appeal under section 31 (3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. First, we ask for the travel document for him. It was denied.

Then we appeal to keep his PR status.The appeal was denied as well.

Please, help with IMM 5669 Schedule A - Background Declaration-Question 6d):

Have you ... ever:
d) been refused ... an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa .... to Canada?

My answer should be YES or NO?

Thank you in advance.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KIM1960 said:
Hello everyone,

My husband lost his PR status because he did not meet residency requirement (physically presence in Canada).

We appeal under section 31 (3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. First, we ask for the travel document for him. It was denied.

Then we appeal to keep his PR status.The appeal was denied as well.

Please, help with IMM 5669 Schedule A - Background Declaration-Question 6d):

Have you ... ever:
d) been refused ... an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa .... to Canada?

My answer should be YES or NO?

Thank you in advance.
My answer to this would be no. He was never refused a VISA. He lost his status, but that's entirely different, and they obviously have that on his personal file.

KIM1960

Nov 19, 2012
Thank you for your replay. I just wondering: when CIC refused to keep his PR status, they literally refused to give him an immigration visa.

KIM1960

Nov 19, 2012
zardoz said:
My answer to this would be no. He was never refused a VISA. He lost his status, but that's entirely different, and they obviously have that on his personal file.
Thank you for your replay. I just wondering: when CIC refused to keep his PR status, they literally refused to give him an immigration visa.