+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

shtb

Feb 14, 2013
Catou said:
It's really hard to wait and I feel your pain. Please try to stay positive - things will work out.
If the processing time for your visa office has passed and you are still waiting to hear the outcome get in contact with them and ask for an update on the status of your application. CIC doesn't mind if people email them when the published processing time has passed.
Best of luck to you.
Thnx to reply.wt they ask in an interview ?n how long I'll give visa after interview ?

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
Hello everyone,

Is it necessary the spouse lands in the same destination mentioned in his application?

If the application has destination Ottawa can they still arrive in Montreal and be picked up by family?

Or does he need to fly to Ottawa from Montreal airport?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
I.kat said:
Hello everyone,

Is it necessary the spouse lands in the same destination mentioned in his application?

If the application has destination Ottawa can they still arrive in Montreal and be picked up by family?

Or does he need to fly to Ottawa from Montreal airport?
He can fly into any airport and land anywhere in Canada, he just needs to live in the province that was stated in the application (he can move later but needs to be in Ottawa initially).

luccimane

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014 - January 3rd, 2014
Doc's Request.
No Requests...
Nomination.....
???
AOR Received.
???
File Transfer...
London Office from Mississauga in February 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys,

I have a few questions and concerns in regards to my spouse's application forms.

1. She is from Karachi, Pakistan, so I believe the immigration office (as according to Question #4 on 'IMM0008ENU_2D' form) would be 'Islamabad, Pakistan.' Yes?

2. Her police certificate has her current address, and on it, it clearly says that she was there since birth. Which is wrong, because according to her Birth Certificate her address is another address (same neighborhood as her current address), now I do suspect that this would create a problem later on, so would it be best that my spouse gets another police certificate that states her current address and instead of stating that she was there by birth, change it to the date that she first moved to her current address, which was early 2000?

3. My spouse has 3 brothers that were adopted, are they considered 'step-brothers', or just 'brothers.'?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Adopted by the same parents as she has, would be brothers. If adopted by a parent who is not yours would be step brothers.

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
Catou said:
He can fly into any airport and land anywhere in Canada, he just needs to live in the province that was stated in the application (he can move later but needs to be in Ottawa initially).
Thanks

iamlost

Nov 2, 2013
Hey guys on the sponsors application form where it says to give work information for the last five years with dates does it have to be accurate ? because i've worked in many places i don't even remember the dates i just know the year i even forgot the address and phone number for it lol and i tried to get a copy of my t4 but service canada told me theres nothing on file i would have to go to the places ive worked and ask them to give me a copy BUT I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER LOL......

lifelight

Nov 14, 2013
Re: Spousal sponsorship 2 parts go to missisauga ?

Hello
I live in Toronto Canada and I am sponsoring my wife who currently lives in Armenia
I have 2 questions,
1) the fee structure is a bit confusing : $75 for sponsor + $475 for principal applicant who is my wife and then should I add $550 or not? then + the $490 permanent residence fee
2) there are 2 parts to fill my part and her part , should we submit both parts to missisauga? I want to proceed outland since she lives in Armenia now and it is hard to bring her on visitor visa
Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

lifelight said:
Hello
I live in Toronto Canada and I am sponsoring my wife who currently lives in Armenia
I have 2 questions,
1) the fee structure is a bit confusing : $75 for sponsor + $475 for principal applicant who is my wife and then should I add $550 or not? then + the $490 permanent residence fee
2) there are 2 parts to fill my part and her part , should we submit both parts to missisauga? I want to proceed outland since she lives in Armenia now and it is hard to bring her on visitor visa
Thanks
1) the total for just your wife is $1040
2) Yes.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Catou said:
I really don't think it matters where the person lives. The only province that requires a special document is Quebec. Other than that... you could settle down in any province in Canada from day 1, not necessarily the one that you did the PR application from.

lifelight

Nov 14, 2013

zardoz said:
1) the total for just your wife is $1040
2) Yes.
Thanks
is there a form for Police criminal check and medical check or she should just go and do the checks?

Sabrinkh

Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2014
I am canadian citizen sponsoring my spouse who is egyptian. I am visiting with him in Egypt until hopefully a positive decision is made on his application because I dont want to be away from him as it was hard on our marriage before I got here. I got here on June 27, 2013 and my return flight is in March of 2013, but I may have it extended if there is no decision made yet. Is this a problem? Is it better that I am with him if he is called for an interview? Also I have not paid his right of permanent residence fee as I understand it has to be paid from canada. Could my mother pay it for me from there so I dont have to leave my husband?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013

lifelight said:
Thanks
is there a form for Police criminal check and medical check or she should just go and do the checks?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/checks.asp

canadaloving

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 05, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 10, 2013
File Transfer...
Dec 18, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 05, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 10, 2014; In Process July 10, 2014; Decision Made July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July24, 2014
Hi there everyone, question about Option C printout, is it ok if my husband will not request for it at CRA, what he did is he just printed his Option C or assessment on his own CRA account. Would that be fine? Is there a difference? Thank you!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Sabrinkh said:
I am canadian citizen sponsoring my spouse who is egyptian. I am visiting with him in Egypt until hopefully a positive decision is made on his application because I dont want to be away from him as it was hard on our marriage before I got here. I got here on June 27, 2013 and my return flight is in March of 2013, but I may have it extended if there is no decision made yet. Is this a problem? Is it better that I am with him if he is called for an interview? Also I have not paid his right of permanent residence fee as I understand it has to be paid from canada. Could my mother pay it for me from there so I dont have to leave my husband?
It's not an issue - you are a Citizen. CIC will want to know what your plan for return is, however, so you will need to explain when and how you plan on coming back to Canada.

The RPRF is paid online with a credit card typically, so you can do it or someone else can do it on your behalf. It needs to be submitted to CPC-M (and it's a good idea to send a copy to the visa office).