Spousal sponsorship

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi again
Iam asking about kashf el ahl from egypt do i (the sponsored) get it with my famyly names(my father mother sister brother) or i will get it with my husband(the sponsor ) and our sons names
Realy iam confusing
Pls I amwaiting for a reply
Thank u

Gabriel22

Sep 30, 2013
Hi all,

I'm a Canadian citizen living in Brazil, and am planning to get married soon to my brazilian girlfriend. After the marriage, I am moving back to Canada for work, and so would like to bring her with me and apply for PR status using the inland application.

What's the easiest way to get her to Canada so we can start the inland application?

We could apply for a tourist visa, but she doesn't have any strong ties to Brazil (No job, just graduated), and so I'm worried the application will be rejected. We could apply for the tourist visa before we get married (as if she's going to visit her family in Canada on vacations), or after we get married (specifying in the application that she's going to Canada specifically to start an Inland application). I can prove that I have money to support her during her stay in Canada, but I'm not sure if the Tourist visa can be used specifically to bring spouses to Canada.

Another option that I thought of was getting her to apply for a professional program in Canada, and then apply for a study visa.

As you can see I'm confused. What is the best/most common way to go? Any insights?

Thanks!

abdull

Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/02/2013
AOR Received.
19/03/2013
File Transfer...
01/04/2013
Med's Done....
15/03/2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/2013
LANDED..........
00/01/2014
Hi
I have a question and I am hoping someone will have an answer. We got our PPR and we are waiting for the CEM to issue her Visa to Canada. I am going to accompany my wife from Manila to Toronto, my question is will I be allowed to go in with her, when she go through immigration to process her paper and get her PR? Thank you and God Bless

star001

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
12-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
Gabriel22 said:
Hi all,

I'm a Canadian citizen living in Brazil, and am planning to get married soon to my brazilian girlfriend. After the marriage, I am moving back to Canada for work, and so would like to bring her with me and apply for PR status using the inland application.

What's the easiest way to get her to Canada so we can start the inland application?

We could apply for a tourist visa, but she doesn't have any strong ties to Brazil (No job, just graduated), and so I'm worried the application will be rejected. We could apply for the tourist visa before we get married (as if she's going to visit her family in Canada on vacations), or after we get married (specifying in the application that she's going to Canada specifically to start an Inland application). I can prove that I have money to support her during her stay in Canada, but I'm not sure if the Tourist visa can be used specifically to bring spouses to Canada.

Another option that I thought of was getting her to apply for a professional program in Canada, and then apply for a study visa.

As you can see I'm confused. What is the best/most common way to go? Any insights?

Thanks!
Hi
I would suggest that she should apply for the visitor visa before marriage...
If she has family living in canada and if she has good travel history...she will most prolly get the visit visa...

If she applies for visit visa after you guys get married... it might get rejected as the VO might think that she will stay in canada illegally after her visit visa expires... and since her husband is in canada and she has no strong ties with brazil she might not go back to brazil...

So she can apply for the visit visa.... then u guys can get married...
u can take her to Canada with u...apply for an extension and then start the inland process....

I did the same thing...
I applied for Visit visa...and got it.... got married and was with my husband for 6 months till my visit visa expired...
Well then i came back to India and did the outland process...

You can always meet an immigration lawyer for best advice...

Hope it helps..
take care

moonandtheriver

Jul 30, 2012
Question about Form IMM5490

I have a quick question on a form that I don't understand and cannot find clarification for...hoping someone here can enlighten me?

On Form IMM5490
Question 28. Check ‘‘Yes’’ or ‘‘No’’ to indicate if you are currently living with your sponsor. (I'm applying outland so the answer is NO.)
If you answer “No”, provide the date (year, month and day) when your sponsor returned to Canada.

I'm not living with him- I'm an American living in the States and hes a Canadian and has lived in Canada his entire life...so what does "returned to Canada" mean and what should I put here? Thank you very much!

Etesan

Jan 11, 2013
B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
30-12-2013
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
File Transfer...
06-03-2014
Re: Extension of visa

scylla said:
Sure - you can leave Canada.

But as soon as you leave Canada, this will effectively cancel your visa extension (and implied status) and you will have to apply for a new visitor visa if you want to re-enter Canada.

The extension (and implied status) only applies as long as you remain in Canada.

My Young Professional Visa expires on November 30th and we will have sent the inland sponsorship/residency papers on approximately November 1st.
Will the sponsorship/residency application cancel my Young Professional visa and thus my right to work and travel outside of Canada?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Re: Question about Form IMM5490

moonandtheriver said:
I have a quick question on a form that I don't understand and cannot find clarification for...hoping someone here can enlighten me?

On Form IMM5490
Question 28. Check ‘‘Yes'' or ‘‘No'' to indicate if you are currently living with your sponsor. (I'm applying outland so the answer is NO.)
If you answer “No”, provide the date (year, month and day) when your sponsor returned to Canada.

I'm not living with him- I'm an American living in the States and hes a Canadian and has lived in Canada his entire life...so what does "returned to Canada" mean and what should I put here? Thank you very much!
In this case, write "Not Applicable" in the date area and on a separate sheet of paper explain the situation.

dulce71

Nov 14, 2012
hi everyone, hope someone can reply to my question.
I am immigrating to Canada , my husband is sponsoring me .
As i understand it , my son is required to get a medical wheter he is coming with me or not , my question is, Do i need to send the 8 photos for him too ? IMM3901, on that form it requests 8 photos of the family members and myself but it does not specify wheter they are going to Canada or not.

many thanx

visiting_canada

Sep 3, 2009
Hi,
Hi,

I am a PR working in Canada and my wife is in India at the moment.

She is planning to travel to US on visitor visa for 1 month. She cannot travel to Canada as she does not have any Canadian visa.

My query is:

Can I file her PR application from Canada (Spousal sponsorship, outbound New Delhi) while she is in US? Or, will she need to travel back to India, and then I will be able to file her PR application.

Let me know if this is legally allowed.

Thanks.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello leon
Pls i asked about kashf el ahl or the family booklet iam going to get it the next week i want to know if it will be for me and my parent or me and my husband and children
Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
remonda said:
Hello leon
Pls i asked about kashf el ahl or the family booklet iam going to get it the next week i want to know if it will be for me and my parent or me and my husband and children
Thanks
OK if nobody else is going to try and answer this, here's my understanding of the request.
If you are single, it's for you, your parents and your siblings.
If you are married, it's for you, your spouse and your children.

So, in your case, I would assume the second option.

frappCcino

Oct 1, 2013
Hi everyone,

im new here. i just want to know some things...

we are about to submit my sponsorship inland. Im holding a multiple entry visa to expire on may 2014. i arrived here last june 12 , 2013, then left foe the US after a few weeks then came back here on 1st July 2013. questions are:

1. Is it safe to say that my TRV will expire 6 months after July 1? or June 12? (BTW i was here also last Dec 2012 til 1st week of Jan for a holiday, does that include in the counting?)

2. should i apply for an extension of TRV separate from the sponsorship application?

3. when we submit the application for sponsorship. do we need to submit the medical together with it or wait for them to ask for it?

4. I am a Filipino national being sponsored by a Canadian Citizen (filipino also) and Im a Singapore PR working there before i came here. I know Im supposed to get a police clearance from SG also but they will only issue with a letter of appeal as per SG's policy. It was mentioned in the CIC website that they will give us a letter of appeal after they receive our application. Im worried that they will look for it and considered our application incomplete. Should we include the POLICE CLEARANCE APPLICATION for Singapore in our application just so they know we need to have their letter of appeal to get the clearance or just leave it to them to send me the appeal, will they be able to automatically know that i need one?

Here's what the cic website says:
For Non-Singapore Citizens

A COC (Certificate of Clearance) request letter along with a COC Appeal Application Form will be sent to you by the Immigration Office after reviewing the application. You are required to complete the COC Appeal Application Form, plus a COC Application Form that you may obtain from the SPF website (please see address above). Once you have completed the forms, provide the required supporting documents listed above, and submit in-person or by mail to the COC Office. Please note that the Certificate of Clearance (COC) will be mailed directly to the Canadian immigration office requesting the certificate.

Please help... thanks in advance!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visiting_canada said:
Hi,
Hi,

I am a PR working in Canada and my wife is in India at the moment.

She is planning to travel to US on visitor visa for 1 month. She cannot travel to Canada as she does not have any Canadian visa.

My query is:

Can I file her PR application from Canada (Spousal sponsorship, outbound New Delhi) while she is in US? Or, will she need to travel back to India, and then I will be able to file her PR application.

Let me know if this is legally allowed.

Thanks.
You can file even though she is visiting the US.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your answer
Are you sure yes iam married but i read in some forums that the kashf el ahl asked from the sponsored for her parent
The thing that is confusing me which parent father mother brothers or husband and children
No one from egypt have the same sitiuation?
Thanks