+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

fitzdarcy2011

Apr 11, 2012
Hungary said:
Hi All,

A quick update form me, CPC M received my documents yesterday and today they sent the sponsorship approval to my husband and that our file has been sent to Vienna ;) so it seems like we wont have to resubmit. But either way, one step ahead.
Ohhh and my Husband decided to visit me in October, no matter money or anything, he will be on absence, no paid (second time this year oops) so I am happpppyyyy ;)

Congratulations!that was fast...

mariannamurrieta

Star Member
Jul 5, 2013
toronto, ON, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 - 03 - 2013
Doc's Request.
Police certificate request after AIP January-9-2014 sent on January-10-2014
AOR Received.
22-03-2013
File Transfer...
AIP + OWP January-9-2014
Med's Request
Med's sent with app
Interview........
Not interview request at this time.
Passport Req..
DM: May 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
june 11 2014
is just a signature! and this could help to speed our process !

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-process-family-class-permanent-residency-applications-in-a-timely-manner-2

positive1800

Sep 11, 2013
Steve Jones said:
Sorry to say but u can not get medical without VO request
Thanks
I got my medical done last year without any request, infact, I had not even applied for immigration. My medical was done in Sep 2012 and I had given my application in March 2013.

Anyone, any other input.

Thnx

positive1800

Sep 11, 2013
Kasia said:
Hello everyone...
I stumbled across this forum while doing some Internet searches on information about the immigration process.
I'm hoping to get some advice from those of you who may have had similar situations as mine...
I am a canadian citizen, born and raised in Vancouver. I've been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend from Jamaica for the past year. He has come to stay with me several times this year on his multiple entry visitors visa, which he received for 3 years. We have decided that we want to be together and he will be coming to stay with me this coming January. We are currently saving money for our wedding and plan to marry early next spring. Once married, I plan to sponsor him. I don't anticipate any trouble with being approved for sponsorship as I am a registered nurse and have the financial ability to do so. However, I would appreciate some guidance with how we should approach this process. Our goal is to be together...therefore having him come on his visitor visa and getting married is what we both think is the best way to ensure we can be together. My understanding is that I would have to be approved to be a sponsor (part 1) and then complete an inland spousal sponshorship application? I also understand his visa would only allow him to stay in Canada for a max of 6 months. We plan to marry before the 6 months elapse...would he be required to leave then? I've read that once the application is sent...he could stay in Canada with implied status...is this correct? Should he get his criminal record and medical exam done in Jamaica prior to coming in January? Or would he be able to do this from Canada, once here? I have so many questions...but I'll start off by posting this for now.
Thank you kindly for any advice you may have,
Kasia
He can leave the country( Canada) for more than 48 hours and re-enter, that will give him 6 more months.

I guess the inland spousal sponsorship takes more time.

yes, he should get his police verification from the place he last resided (if its Jamaica, then it should be from there) and also get his medical done, before he arrives in canada.

All the best !

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
If he has lived anywhere else apart from Jamaica from more than 6 months since the age of 18, he will need police certificates from there as well.

Morrigan

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17 2013
AOR Received.
August 30 2013
File Transfer...
September 12 2013
Med's Done....
July 29 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 28
VISA ISSUED...
November 05
LANDED..........
Sometime in February/2014
Hello all!
My ecas changed to Medicals Received,
I wonder: Does that mean my application is at the VO???

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm afraid not. All it means is that they are in the system. They do not go to the Visa Office.

Morrigan

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17 2013
AOR Received.
August 30 2013
File Transfer...
September 12 2013
Med's Done....
July 29 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 28
VISA ISSUED...
November 05
LANDED..........
Sometime in February/2014

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Catou said:
Unfortunately, no. If they ask for your immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate for each country you have visited then that is what they want. There's no way around that, you just have to provide them.
Anyone know how long it takes to get the entry/exit records from countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia? and the best and faster way to obtain them? My current PR has already expired; applied for PR renewal and CIC is asking for the records..sad

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
OMG know they change the initial assessment to 11 months ohhcmooonn

Type of sponsorship application Step 1 — Assessment of sponsor and person being sponsored Step 2 — Medical, security, background checks and other verifications for person being sponsored
Status available online
Spouse, common-law partner in Canada

11 months
(initial assessment)

Working on applications received on October 21, 2012

8 months

Ryissa

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
So my husband and I think we're finally about ready to submit our papers but aren't sure about the medical part of it. Do we seek a certified doctor out ourselves and then submit with the form I have (Appendix C is all it's called) with everything else? Other posts on this forum make it sound like you mail everything in but the exam results, and get papers later to see a doc. I'm not sure so I wanted to check on what I need to do here!

anshu

Sep 5, 2013
Spousal sponsorship

Hi everyone

I am an Indian, i filled up forms for spouse visa and sent to my husband who is in Canada, but in forms - IMM5669 and IMM5490, bit of information is required to be changed that is only one address. I want to know do i need to fill all the forms all over again and send or he can just fill those 2 pages in Canada and get its print out?

Thanks beforehand for replying.
Guide me.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Hungary said:
Hi All,

A quick update form me, CPC M received my documents yesterday and today they sent the sponsorship approval to my husband and that our file has been sent to Vienna ;) so it seems like we wont have to resubmit. But either way, one step ahead.
Ohhh and my Husband decided to visit me in October, no matter money or anything, he will be on absence, no paid (second time this year oops) so I am happpppyyyy ;)
That's terrific news.

Maybe they've decided you shouldn't have to wait too long after all of this. I hope Vienna will be quick.

Enjoy your time together!

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
frege said:
That's terrific news.

Maybe they've decided you shouldn't have to wait too long after all of this. I hope Vienna will be quick.

Enjoy your time together!
Thank you Frege :) for everything. You and the other seniors helped a lot!!!!!

Fitzdarcy2011 thanks, yes it was fast, Thank God ;)

dulce71

Nov 14, 2012
hello, does my son need to have a police check even though he is not going with me to Canada ? He will do a medical but i am not sure if he needs the police check too . My son will be 18 in November and my husband and I will hopefully send the paperwork to immigration before that.

Many thanx for your help