26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
andyloonz said:
Hello all! I am newly married to a man from Morocco (he is still living there and is a citizen) and beginning the process of applying for family sponsorship to bring him to Canada. LOTS of questions and any advice is greatly appreciated.

So, 1) he has heard that it would be easier for him to get a student visa from Morocco to UK and then apply to come to Canada sponsored by me as his spouse. Anyone have any opinion on this?

2)I have heard that Buffalo office is very slow, does anyone have a suggestion as to which office to request for processing? Where in the application do you indicate this choice? Do we have to attend this office as a couple because he is still in Morocco.

3)Is it advisable for him to seek a tourist visa to Canada and if so can he stay here until the application is processed and a decision is made?

4)Is it acceptable to send typed out copies of text messages and conversations we've had thru a dating website (his account is not working and the messages are no longer retrievable but I have kept written copies of them)?

5)He has a prior conviction from the US from 2007, a 'minor misdemeanor' and as a result was voluntarily deported in 2009. How big of a hindrance could this be?

6)Does it really slow things down if he waits to have a medical until they advise him after the application has been received/reviewed?

I'm sure I have a thousand more questions but these are the burning ones today. Also any advice on anything before I send in the application would be welcome!
Thank you all!
1. You can try. I don't think it's any easier though.

2. Buffalo is slow, really slow. The office closed a year or two ago. You do not get to choose the visa office, you indicate which office takes care of people of that nationality or residency. If he is Moroccan, then I believe the office is Rabat. You can't simply choose one that's faster than others. If there is an interview, and I believe Rabat does a lot of interviews, then only the applicant needs to attend. The sponsor does not have to.

3. You can also try, but it is quite difficult for spouses to get visas, because CIC is convinced that they will overstay, and thus are not genuine "tourists".

4. Ideally, you should send screenshots, but if you explain why you cannot provide them, it may be acceptable, as long as that is not your only proof.

5. That could be a big problem. It depends on what the offence was, how it would be treated in Canada. I believe the person is generally inadmissible until at least 5 years have passed since the end of the sentence. I would suggest contacting a lawyer about that. Hopefully someone else will chime in shortly about that.

6. CIC asks that you provide proof of the medical exam upfront, so yes, it can and does slow things down.

Robert123

Sep 19, 2013
I have Spousal sponsorship

Hi all

I have Spousal sponsorship from my wife she is in canada i visit her to canada .
I was working with my friend.... I hade an exclusion order from the judge after they arrest me .
I applied for a PRA the agent board told me that so i can stay with my wife till she deliver the baby
My lower contact the canadian embassy they said that they will not finish my immigration visa only if i apply for ARC and leave canada
I go sign every week in the immigration also
My wife she is immigrant and my baby she is canadian

1- i am afraid to leave canada and they don't give me the ARC and i stay separated from my family 1 year
2- my lower said apply again from here so they cant kick you out
3- my PRA its almost in the end so if i apply from inland before the first step maybe they send me home and the cancel my file
4- if i apply inland i should cancel my file in my home (that he is already in the final step )
5- is there any way to push the embassy to send the visa (agent board contact then and they didn't respond(i think they are lying ) my lower contact then and they said to leave canada and apply for ARC)

Please any advice in that complicated file
Thanks in advanced

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
frege said:
Yes, it's confusing about your application. I expect they'll probably ask you to resubmit the forms with updated information. Since you didn't waive your appeal rights, you might have to wait for the appeal period to finish.
Well, on the appeal document, there was no question about waiving the appeal rights, and when I was present on the interview I asked the VO what are my pther options other than appealing, and she said I could sign the renouncement form, or just wait till the the end of 60days. But anyways I wrote a letter that I am not going to appeal explaining everything why, so if there is no official form to waiv the appeal rights, it should be enough. But if not, then I will wait, I am not going to sicken myslef always worrying about what could happen for next. And I don't want to turn into a witch. I just realized that my husband is not admiring me so often as he did before, actually not at all since we started to file the app... my girls asks me not to be angry all the time. :'( so....
I just want to get my natural smile back. :)

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
Hello everyone.

Here is my timeline:

- We started ___________ application for permanent residence on March, 2013
- We started processing ________________ application on July, 2013
- Medical results have been received.

Now the visa office is requesting me to send the ARC fee. My questions are:

I am a not visa exempt.

1) Am I required to fill and submit a TRV while my VO has only requested the ARC and its fee thru spousal Sponsorship?
2) Since the Spousal Sponsorship application is at the VO, does the TRV application go together with the ARC application?

Basically I want to know if I am required to do a TRV when the VO has not requested it in any correspondence letters.

Thanks in advance.

Cbn Cdn

lexi

Sep 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-15-2013, Voluntary redo 10-02-2014
Interview........
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
19-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
28-11-2014 coming home with me!
Re: I have Spousal sponsorship

Robert123 said:
Hi all

I have Spousal sponsorship from my wife she is in canada i visit her to canada .
I was working with my friend.... I hade an exclusion order from the judge after they arrest me .
I applied for a PRA the agent board told me that so i can stay with my wife till she deliver the baby
My lower contact the canadian embassy they said that they will not finish my immigration visa only if i apply for ARC and leave canada
I go sign every week in the immigration also
My wife she is immigrant and my baby she is canadian

1- i am afraid to leave canada and they don't give me the ARC and i stay separated from my family 1 year
2- my lower said apply again from here so they cant kick you out
3- my PRA its almost in the end so if i apply from inland before the first step maybe they send me home and the cancel my file
4- if i apply inland i should cancel my file in my home (that he is already in the final step )
5- is there any way to push the embassy to send the visa (agent board contact then and they didn't respond(i think they are lying ) my lower contact then and they said to leave canada and apply for ARC)

Please any advice in that complicated file
Thanks in advanced
I just went through the exact same process. My husband left and was issued a 1 year ban. We applied for the ARC and it was denied. I wish I could give you better news. But it seems that once a removal order is issued. You can't beat it.

Kasia

Sep 19, 2013
Hello everyone...
I stumbled across this forum while doing some Internet searches on information about the immigration process.
I'm hoping to get some advice from those of you who may have had similar situations as mine...
I am a canadian citizen, born and raised in Vancouver. I've been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend from Jamaica for the past year. He has come to stay with me several times this year on his multiple entry visitors visa, which he received for 3 years. We have decided that we want to be together and he will be coming to stay with me this coming January. We are currently saving money for our wedding and plan to marry early next spring. Once married, I plan to sponsor him. I don't anticipate any trouble with being approved for sponsorship as I am a registered nurse and have the financial ability to do so. However, I would appreciate some guidance with how we should approach this process. Our goal is to be together...therefore having him come on his visitor visa and getting married is what we both think is the best way to ensure we can be together. My understanding is that I would have to be approved to be a sponsor (part 1) and then complete an inland spousal sponshorship application? I also understand his visa would only allow him to stay in Canada for a max of 6 months. We plan to marry before the 6 months elapse...would he be required to leave then? I've read that once the application is sent...he could stay in Canada with implied status...is this correct? Should he get his criminal record and medical exam done in Jamaica prior to coming in January? Or would he be able to do this from Canada, once here? I have so many questions...but I'll start off by posting this for now.
Thank you kindly for any advice you may have,
Kasia

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi,

This is regarding PR renewal. Had applied for the same 3 months back and got an email yesterday from CIC asking me to submit

1)Complete pages (including blank pages) of your passport/passports held in the last 5 years. Ensure all pages are clearly legible.

2)Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled.
Just to give my history. Stayed in Canada attaining PR card for 15 months. Post it stayed in Singapore for two and half years, came back to Canada an year back. Applied for PR renewal 3 months back.
My question is what are they asking for in the 2nd point. I had send CIC my previous travel history in an excel sheet with the date I entered canada last year and all my previous travel history (had done quiet a lot of travel in Asia). What else are they looking for other than my passport copies??? Appreciate replies...

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Friends,

Check out this petition on change.org

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-process-family-class-permanent-residency-applications-in-a-timely-manner-2

Please sign it if you are affected by it and maybe we can make this move forward.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Kasia said:
Hello everyone...
I stumbled across this forum while doing some Internet searches on information about the immigration process.
I'm hoping to get some advice from those of you who may have had similar situations as mine...
I am a canadian citizen, born and raised in Vancouver. I've been in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend from Jamaica for the past year. He has come to stay with me several times this year on his multiple entry visitors visa, which he received for 3 years. We have decided that we want to be together and he will be coming to stay with me this coming January. We are currently saving money for our wedding and plan to marry early next spring. Once married, I plan to sponsor him. I don't anticipate any trouble with being approved for sponsorship as I am a registered nurse and have the financial ability to do so. However, I would appreciate some guidance with how we should approach this process. Our goal is to be together...therefore having him come on his visitor visa and getting married is what we both think is the best way to ensure we can be together. My understanding is that I would have to be approved to be a sponsor (part 1) and then complete an inland spousal sponshorship application? I also understand his visa would only allow him to stay in Canada for a max of 6 months. We plan to marry before the 6 months elapse...would he be required to leave then? I've read that once the application is sent...he could stay in Canada with implied status...is this correct? Should he get his criminal record and medical exam done in Jamaica prior to coming in January? Or would he be able to do this from Canada, once here? I have so many questions...but I'll start off by posting this for now.
Thank you kindly for any advice you may have,
Kasia
Check the very first post on page 1 of this thread for differences in outland vs inland processing.

Basically if you apply inland he can stay in Canada with implied status and get an open work permit after stage 1 approval (around 10 months). The big drawback is he must remain in Canada and can't leave for any reason whatsoever, during the entire processing time (around 18 months).

If you apply outland there is no implied status and no work permit. So he would need to apply for visa extension separately when the time comes, and if he can't get visa extended he'll need to return to Jamaica to wait out the processing. Although many outland apps are finished in a much quicker time than inland. During outland processing he could come and go from Canada as he wants (depending on visitor visa status).

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
VPS said:
2)Personal immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate issued by the countries where you have travelled.

Just to give my history. Stayed in Canada attaining PR card for 15 months. Post it stayed in Singapore for two and half years, came back to Canada an year back. Applied for PR renewal 3 months back.
My question is what are they asking for in the 2nd point. I had send CIC my previous travel history in an excel sheet with the date I entered canada last year and all my previous travel history (had done quiet a lot of travel in Asia). What else are they looking for other than my passport copies???
The entry/exit record is an official document that is issued by the immigration department of each country. So for every country you traveled through, you will need to request this document from them.

Sounds like they want to verify what's in your excel file/passport. Not sure why the passport isn't good enough... but there isn't much you can do since if they asked for it you need to get and send it. Sounds like it will be a huge hassle to get this from every single country if you traveled to a bunch, so the first place i would check is from each countries embassy in Canada.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March first week
Rob_TO said:
The entry/exit record is an official document that is issued by the immigration department of each country. So for every country you traveled through, you will need to request this document from them.

Sounds like they want to verify what's in your excel file/passport. Not sure why the passport isn't good enough... but there isn't much you can do since if they asked for it you need to get and send it. Sounds like it will be a huge hassle to get this from every single country if you traveled to a bunch, so the first place i would check is from each countries embassy in Canada.
Does getting the entry/exit record apply to countries visited as tourist as well?? or is it the places where I spend more than 6 months. To me, it doesnt make sense to provide entry/exit of countries visited as tourist.. please advice..

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
VPS said:
Does getting the entry/exit record apply to countries visited as tourist as well?? or is it the places where I spend more than 6 months. To me, it doesnt make sense to provide entry/exit of countries visited as tourist.. please advice..
I think that they mean all countries, regardless of your reasons for going to them. Just because you were a tourist doesn't mean that the time spent there isn't counted as being outside Canada. It seems that they want you to prove all your dates.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March first week
zardoz said:
I think that they mean all countries, regardless of your reasons for going to them. Just because you were a tourist doesn't mean that the time spent there isn't counted as being outside Canada. It seems that they want you to prove all your dates.
I forgot to mention one point that the previous country where I stayed, Singapore has bar code scanning of passports (no physical stamping on passports). Would that be the reason for their asking? If tat is the reason, is it enough to send them a letter stating the same?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
VPS said:
I forgot to mention one point that the previous country where I stayed, Singapore has bar code scanning of passports (no physical stamping on passports). Would that be the reason for their asking? If tat is the reason, is it enough to send them a letter stating the same?
Unfortunately, no. If they ask for your immigration entry/exit record or movement certificate for each country you have visited then that is what they want. There's no way around that, you just have to provide them.

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi All,

A quick update form me, CPC M received my documents yesterday and today they sent the sponsorship approval to my husband and that our file has been sent to Vienna ;) so it seems like we wont have to resubmit. But either way, one step ahead.
Ohhh and my Husband decided to visit me in October, no matter money or anything, he will be on absence, no paid (second time this year oops) so I am happpppyyyy ;)