waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
nov.6,2013
LANDED..........
dec.10,2013
saint4peace said:
Reason of Withdrawal: "Marriage has broken down and we have been in the process of filing for divorce". Is that sufficient ??

Thank you much.
yes,it should be enough,youre the sponsor so it is your prerogative to withdraw the application.email them asap bcoz once the visa is issued you must follow the undertaking you signed.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
eeza said:
yes,it should be enough,youre the sponsor so it is your prerogative to withdraw the application.email them asap bcoz once the visa is issued you must follow the undertaking you signed.
I seem to remember that you have the right to withdraw up to the point that the applicant actually "lands".
It may be much more difficult after the Visa/COPR has been issued but I'm sure that I have seen a ruling on CANLII that stated that the application only finished at the time of landing, not at visa issue. I know it says at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=732&t=14 that you are stuck with it, but case law might overrule that.

Yep, found it... http://canlii.ca/en/ca/irb/doc/2007/2007canlii72074/2007canlii72074.html Para 14. There are probably others...

[14] While the IRP Regulations are silent on the issue of co-signor withdrawal, I do not find this fatal to the ability of the co-signor to withdraw. The mere fact that the IRP Regulations contemplate that a sponsor may withdraw his/her sponsorship prior to the landing of the sponsored family member, leads to the assumption that a co-signor possesses the same ability. It is inconceivable that the legislators would place a higher burden on a co-signor than a sponsor in this regard, especially when the co-signor is often not related to the family member other than by marriage. Furthermore, the ability of a sponsor to withdraw a sponsorship application prior to their relative being granted landing connotes that the agreement is not in effect until the applicant(s) is landed.

Section 132(1) of the IRP Regulations is directive on when the obligations take effect:

Undertaking — duration

132. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the sponsor's undertaking obliges the sponsor to reimburse Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province for every benefit provided as social assistance to or on behalf of the sponsored foreign national and their family members during the period

(a) beginning

(i) if the foreign national enters Canada with a temporary resident permit, on the day of that entry,

(ii) if the foreign national is in Canada, on the day on which the foreign national obtains a temporary resident permit following an application to remain in Canada as a permanent resident, and

(iii) in any other case, on the day on which the foreign national becomes a permanent resident; and

Relica

Aug 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2011
Doc's Request.
30-05-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Passport Req..
08-01-2014 Passport sent on 07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
good luck to all the applicants out there

jangers

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 02, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov. 14, 2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
July 8, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 17, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov. 7, 2013
Hi guys... im a newbie here... here's my wife's timeline...

Application submitted: Jan 3, 2013
Sponsorship approved: Feb 2, 2013
AOR: Feb 12, 2013
PPR: July 8, 2013

Just waiting for visa... her medical will expire this Nov. 14, 2013

Is she most probably be having her medical redone? I pray and hope na hindi na... Sad

Pls reply anyone. It will be much appreciated. thanks in advance! Godbless!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Hi Every one . I am new here , and i am just filling out our application for my spouse to come to Canada .
He has two children back in the U.K . 1 ) 25 and the other 20 . The question is do i have to put both children on the application ? They are not coming to Canada with him . Neither are dependent on him . One lives with his mum and is working and a student , the other lives with his grandfather . Neither are in common law relationship , or have children of their own .

Also does any one know what a CSQ is on the Generic Application.

Would like to thank you all a head of time for your help and information . This site has been a god send .

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
taffy7 said:
Hi Every one . I am new here , and i am just filling out our application for my spouse to come to Canada .
He has two children back in the U.K . 1 ) 25 and the other 20 . The question is do i have to put both children on the application ? They are not coming to Canada with him . Neither are dependent on him . One lives with his mum and is working and a student , the other lives with his grandfather . Neither are in common law relationship , or have children of their own .

Also does any one know what a CSQ is on the Generic Application.

Would like to thank you all a head of time for your help and information . This site has been a god send .
If neither "child" is a dependant for immigration purposes, they don't need to be added to the application.
You do need to be certain that they are not actually considered as dependants however. The definition is on the CIC website.

A CSQ is for immigration to Quebec. If that's not where you are bound for, ignore it.

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
frege said:
I'm optimistic for you with the sponsorship application. I'm glad that you have a plan now, and hopefully you can feel somewhat more relaxed about things.

As Leon said, Canada doesn't have a problem with dual citizenship at present. The only situation in which it could conceivably be a problem would be either if he needed a government security clearance someday or wanted to go into politics. In theory, it's not supposed to prevent you from doing these things, but in practice it might.

Politicians with dual citizenship have had problems. For example, Thomas Mulcair (now leader of the opposition) is French by marriage, and this has been raised as a matter of controversy by some. Michaëlle Jean (former governor general) was also a French citizen by marriage, but she had to renounce her citizenship before assuming office because of the controversy. Nobody objected to her Haitian citizenship, as it's where she was born, and people have no reason to dislike Haiti. Ironically, many of our politicians have had British citizenship, including Prime Minister John Turner as recently as 1984. It's a double standard (since the Canadian crown is supposed to be separate from the British one), and I actually think someone with Hungarian citizenship would be better off than with French in that situation.

Concerning Hungary, its nationality laws appear to have been conceived with ethnic Hungarians in Romania, Slovakia, Serbia, etc., in mind. So it seems unlikely that Hungary would create any problems for dual citizens in this regard.
Wow you are so intelligent I love this. ;)

Thank you Frege, I am optimistic too about our case, and ever since I opened my mind towards every solution in case they "find something out" - because anything they would bring up would be a stupidity and absolutely false, so then he will come to Europe. And I must keep this in mind, otherwise I would go crazy and hysterical like last week.

Oh now CPC is trying to find out if they do accept the refusal letter by itself and just attach it to our file or not, otherwise we will have to fill out the forms AGAIN and resubmit it AFTER November 12........ they couldn't even answer us, so they will look after this, and contact us within 10 days.... I don't know what to say................

Actually they were talking about that when we submit our sponsorship, I typed that I am NOT a PR (because I thought so...) so due to this there is an error, because at that date I was a PR as we know..... ??? so now they are considering if I have to resubmit or they will accept it.
:-X Never mind....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taffy7 said:
He has two children back in the U.K . 1 ) 25 and the other 20 . The question is do i have to put both children on the application ? They are not coming to Canada with him . Neither are dependent on him .
The 25 year old is not dependent and is only listed in the additional family information form. The 20 year old is still a dependent at under 22 years of age so needs to be included, either as accompanying or not accompanying and needs to have medicals and background checks as well. The only way out of that would be if the child refuses medicals in which case you would have to get that documented and the child would be removed from the application. Or you can wait to apply until the new year because they are planning on changing the age of dependent children to under 19.

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Leon said:
Without an open work permit and not wanting to work as a live in caregiver, you would be allowed to take courses less than 6 months in length or volunteer so you can at least have something to do with your time.
That's a good news for me :) thanks

andyloonz

Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
October 2013
Hello all! I am newly married to a man from Morocco (he is still living there and is a citizen) and beginning the process of applying for family sponsorship to bring him to Canada. LOTS of questions and any advice is greatly appreciated.

So, 1) he has heard that it would be easier for him to get a student visa from Morocco to UK and then apply to come to Canada sponsored by me as his spouse. Anyone have any opinion on this?

2)I have heard that Buffalo office is very slow, does anyone have a suggestion as to which office to request for processing? Where in the application do you indicate this choice? Do we have to attend this office as a couple because he is still in Morocco.

3)Is it advisable for him to seek a tourist visa to Canada and if so can he stay here until the application is processed and a decision is made?

4)Is it acceptable to send typed out copies of text messages and conversations we've had thru a dating website (his account is not working and the messages are no longer retrievable but I have kept written copies of them)?

5)He has a prior conviction from the US from 2007, a 'minor misdemeanor' and as a result was voluntarily deported in 2009. How big of a hindrance could this be?

6)Does it really slow things down if he waits to have a medical until they advise him after the application has been received/reviewed?

I'm sure I have a thousand more questions but these are the burning ones today. Also any advice on anything before I send in the application would be welcome!
Thank you all!

KKRSTNA

Dec 17, 2012
Is there ANY work I could do while I'm in Canada? I'm only 20 and I'll be going to school once me and my boyfriend get married (to avoid international student fees) but I've read on this thread someone that it's possible to work as a caregiver? even if you aren't a Canadian citizen?

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Hungary said:
Wow you are so intelligent I love this. ;)

Thank you Frege, I am optimistic too about our case, and ever since I opened my mind towards every solution in case they "find something out" - because anything they would bring up would be a stupidity and absolutely false, so then he will come to Europe. And I must keep this in mind, otherwise I would go crazy and hysterical like last week.

Oh now CPC is trying to find out if they do accept the refusal letter by itself and just attach it to our file or not, otherwise we will have to fill out the forms AGAIN and resubmit it AFTER November 12........ they couldn't even answer us, so they will look after this, and contact us within 10 days.... I don't know what to say................

Actually they were talking about that when we submit our sponsorship, I typed that I am NOT a PR (because I thought so...) so due to this there is an error, because at that date I was a PR as we know..... ??? so now they are considering if I have to resubmit or they will accept it.
:-X Never mind....
Yes, it's confusing about your application. I expect they'll probably ask you to resubmit the forms with updated information. Since you didn't waive your appeal rights, you might have to wait for the appeal period to finish.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Going over my application for the 5th time. lol. Just realized that on my Sponsor Questionnaire #7 where I have to provide employment history for myself (the sponsor) for the last 5 years I just realize that there are two gaps of time where I was unemployed, do I need to state why I was unemployed or what I was doing? Principal Applicants form is very clear to not leave any gaps in time, but for the sponsor form or instruction manual it doesn't mention it. Let me know what you think.

If it matters, gaps of time are short. One is 4.5 months. I was travelling, this was when I met my husband. other is only 6 weeks. It was wedding preparation, wedding, and honeymoon.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Hello,Leon Computergeek and other seniors! :)

I got this email today

We ask overseas family relatives to send us an email at manila-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
through their own email account and to include the following:
1. Subject line: "LC2 Immigration Forms Request:
2. The full name as it appears in their passports of ALL family members of the in-Canada
applicant who reside in the Philippines
3. The mailing address of the family members in the Philippines
4. The mailing address of the in-Canada applicant in Canada
5. The full name and mailing address of the children's guardian, if applicable.

What is the meaning of LC2?about the family members,should i also include my parents or just my non-accompanying dependent? i am being sponsored under family class,common-law and as what i have understood for the meaning pf LC is for live-in caregiver? One more thing,how many days/months are they gonna give as grace period for us to comply the letter? i called my mom this afternoon to check everyday the post office but i am worried if they will get it. i just hope it's gonna be registered otherwise i really dont know what to think... t
Thanks seniors!replies will be much appreciated.:)