Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
When i want to submit a request for ATIP
there a question

*What type of information would you like to request?
Electronic Files or Physical Files

they explain it but really i don't understand what that mean !

Electronic Files:

CIC uses three electronic systems: Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS), Field Operation Support System (FOSS) and Global Case Management System (GCMS).

The CAIPS is comprised of notes made by immigration officers located at missions abroad only.

FOSS is comprised mainly of immigration files located in Canada. However, in some cases, they also include notations made by overseas staff. This system is used primarily by Points of Entry(POE) officers to record the entries and exits of foreign nationals.

The GCMS is CIC's new integrated and worldwide system used internally to process applications for citizenship and immigration services.

Physical Files:

The physical files include all files located in Canada or abroad that pertain to an immigration process, such as a work or study permit, an extension of temporary residence, a sponsorship, an application for permanent residence, etc.
So plz Help me !

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
frege said:
I hope so too. Fingers crossed.
Ohh thank for you Guys so much for all your help and support :) <3

I wish it was a lot easier for everyone who are truly in love... but to tell the truth sometimes , when I do believe they would give my PRTD in a short time, it scares the hell out of me :) you know, things like moving, leaving my country and family, friends here... the other minute, when I doubt they would I go sad and even angry, how long will it take for me to be my husband :D
I wonder if other people get feelings like this.... probably not, and I am a crazy woman :-[ :D

on the way

Star Member
May 21, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2013
AOR Received.
12-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
17-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2013
LANDED..........
very soonnnnnnnnn
Good news today :) :) :)...
hi all, good and a positive news. Finally the big, long waiting game is over. i received my passport yesterday with visa. Ppl who are waiting for your visa will get it soon esp.2012& jan2013 & feb2013 applicants. Dont worry.Stay positive with hope and faith in god.

I would like to thank david cohen for starting CiF& everyone who made me stay positive throughout this tough & hard journey. Thanks again, everyone here answered all my queries in a quick& positive manner.

Hi newbie and the ppl who are watching/reading posts in this forum.Join the forum"Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow” This is obviously true.This forum makes you feel relaxed and happy and reduces your confusions and gives you a comfort feel. All your queries will be answered asap.

My hearty prayers& wishes to you all. Stay positive. Keep in touch..

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
On the way, congrats to you ;)

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi, look at this, I just got it:

Dear Ms *****:

This refers to your application for a travel document to Canada.

You are requested to attend a personal interview because a determination of your status as a permanent resident of Canada is required before we can process your application.

Therefore we scheduled an interview on Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 11:30 at the Visa Section of the Canadian Embassy in Vienna in Vienna.

Please confirm your attendance and in case you are not able to keep the appointment advise your availability.

Why am I nervous like hell now??? :D :-X ::) ??? :D ;D

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals &amp; RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
on the way said:
Good news today :) :) :)...
hi all, good and a positive news. Finally the big, long waiting game is over. i received my passport yesterday with visa. Ppl who are waiting for your visa will get it soon esp.2012& jan2013 & feb2013 applicants. Dont worry.Stay positive with hope and faith in god.

I would like to thank david cohen for starting CiF& everyone who made me stay positive throughout this tough & hard journey. Thanks again, everyone here answered all my queries in a quick& positive manner.

Hi newbie and the ppl who are watching/reading posts in this forum.Join the forum"Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow” This is obviously true.This forum makes you feel relaxed and happy and reduces your confusions and gives you a comfort feel. All your queries will be answered asap.

My hearty prayers& wishes to you all. Stay positive. Keep in touch..
Congratulations!! have a safe and happy journey

bethfaint

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2012
AOR Received.
12-21-2012
Med's Done....
10-20-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
Daisyd5 said:
Hi Everyone

The immigration officer treating our file asked for further documentation which my husband and I sent. My assumption is that this means they are treating our file correct? But when I go online to check the status of our appication it says they cannot find our information. I am sponsoring my husband so I put in his family name and his client Id number but nothing.
You need to put in the name of whoever is sponsoring. My Husband is sponsoring me, so I put in his Name, UCI, DOB and Place of birth and the application comes up. It doesnt exist when I put the same information in for myself.

It will then say the application for sponsorship for ....... was received on ......

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hungary said:

Dear Ms *****:

You are requested to attend a personal interview because a determination of your status as a permanent resident of Canada is required before we can process your application.

Therefore we scheduled an interview on Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 11:30 at the Visa Section of the Canadian Embassy in Vienna in Vienna.

Please confirm your attendance and in case you are not able to keep the appointment advise your availability.

Wishing you all the very best luck in the world...

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
zardoz said:
Wishing you all the very best luck in the world...
Thank you for your kindness Zardoz, it makes me feel good. Thank you so much.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Hungary said:

Dear Ms *****:

That's awesome! They didn't just refuse your application straight off.

You have nothing to lose here and everything to gain. And they want to resolve this quickly on your behalf.

Again, I think the most important things for your case are:

• That you were a child when removed from Canada and had no way to refuse to go at the time.
  • That you did not even know that you were still a PR of Canada - indeed, the CBSA officer didn't mention it to you when you went to visit in the spring.
  • Now that you know you are a PR, you truly wish to return to Canada at this first opportunity.

These are important factors for H&C considerations in cases like yours. In addition, you should also point out that either way the VO decides, you will end up back in Canada as a PR. By granting you the PRTD on H&C grounds, it permits reuniting with your husband that much sooner. This is in the best interests of all parties involved, especially your young children.

If you have not read OP 10 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op10-eng.pdf) you should do so. Pay particular attention to Section 14 because it directly applies to your case.

Are the circumstances that led to the person's remaining outside of Canada compelling and
beyond their control?

Was the person prevented from returning to Canada? Why? By whom or by what event?

Are they now returning to Canada at the earliest possible opportunity?

Did the person leave Canada as a child accompanying a parent?
In your case, the important point is that you ARE now seeking to return at the earliest possible opportunity because you did not understand it was an option prior to this point. Anything you can bring up that would support this position will be beneficial.

I'd also tell the VO that if they are not willing to grant the PRTD you would prefer to voluntarily relinquish PR.

Even if a client consents to the decision and waives his or her appeal rights, or submits a relinquishment declaration, a PRTD refusal and appeal rights letter must be issued to inform the client that a residency determination has been made that may affect his or her rights under IRPA. If the client consents to the decision and waives her or his appeal rights, there is no need to wait until the appeal period expires before issuing a TRV. If the client declines to consent to the negative residency decision and refuses to waive the appeal rights, this may be taken into account in
assessing the bona fides of her or his temporary intent. A PRTD refusal and appeal rights letter must still be issued to inform the client of her or his rights under IRPA. A TRV may be issued if the visa officer is satisfied that the applicant meets the R179 requirements for a TRV, including being satisfied that the applicant will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for her or his stay. If the visa officer is satisfied that the applicant meets the requirements for a TRV notwithstanding the refusal to sign the consent and waiver, there is no need to wait until the appeal period expires before issuing a TRV.
In your case, I would explain that you only found out you are still a PR because you wanted to join your (Canadian) husband in Canada. It wasn't until after you understood what that meant that you learned coming back to Canada was even an option for you and since your goal is to return to Canada as quickly as possible you are requesting a PRTD on H&C grounds and if the VO does not wish to grant it, you will voluntarily relinquish it (Section 13 of OP 10) and then request that they grant you - and your children - a TRP so that you may join your husband in Canada now while the sponsored PR application is in process (note that you are visa exempt, so you don't need a TRV, but it is likely now that they won't permit you to visit because of the in-process PR application and the recent loss of PR status. But you do qualify for a TRP under "early admission" criteria of OP 20).

To be honest, I think if you speak honestly and openly with the VO and tell her or him what has happened, he or she will likely grant you the PRTD.

With your PRTD in hand, you should still get TRPs for your children (so they can come and stay with you in Canada while you sponsor them) and then everyone should go to Canada. You and your husband should immediately start sponsorship of your children and you should apply for a new PR card.

If the VO refuses your PRTD, you should waive your right to challenge it. Get copies of the refusal AND your waiver and have your sponsor send all of that to CPC-M so your sponsored PR application can move forward.

This is great news - so much with CIC moves slowly, so having this move quickly is a great sign.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
bethfaint said:
You need to put in the name of whoever is sponsoring. My Husband is sponsoring me, so I put in his Name, UCI, DOB and Place of birth and the application comes up. It doesnt exist when I put the same information in for myself.

It will then say the application for sponsorship for ....... was received on ......
Thanks for your help! So get this, I followed all of your indications, and nothing the status does not come up. So I call CIC and what do I find out? CiC put in the wrong birth place for my husband in the system hence why I couldn't find an update on our status! Like seriously !!!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
TeamSlovCan said:
I just checked ECAS after not having checked it for over a week and...it says DM! I'm worried though be because it seems fast. We are April 3013 applicants and applied London Outland for family class common law.

How long from 'DM' on ECAS until you hear anything on average? Do they send an actual letter or an email?

Thanks guys. I haven't commented a lot but I've been reading this forum for months now. Thanks to everyone for all the help throughout!
That seems about right for the London timeline, I am also an April London Common Law applicant! They send you an actual letter, no emails, depending where you are living, it usually takes a few weeks.

When in april did you apply?

TeamSlovCan

Dec 28, 2012
Hi ghunter,

We sent our application from the UK and they received it on April 10th 2013. My common law boyfriend is from Slovakia with no medical or criminal issues and we have lived together for almost 2 years so I can't see why we would be denied. I hate that they say 'decision made' and not just tell you! I want to belive its a positive decision but with CIC you just never know. 6 months seems fast especially with the strike. We live in Scotland so we are having all CIC mail go to my mom's house in ontario so hopefully that helps a bit with the wait time for the letter.

How do you handle the stress lol??

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
TeamSlovCan said:
Hi ghunter,

We sent our application from the UK and they received it on April 10th 2013. My common law boyfriend is from Slovakia with no medical or criminal issues and we have lived together for almost 2 years so I can't see why we would be denied. I hate that they say 'decision made' and not just tell you! I want to belive its a positive decision but with CIC you just never know. 6 months seems fast especially with the strike. We live in Scotland so we are having all CIC mail go to my mom's house in ontario so hopefully that helps a bit with the wait time for the letter.

How do you handle the stress lol??
I think that the mail comes from London, so not sure about that expediting the process.

The London forum: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.0.html;msg2553125#msg2553125

is a helpful place to figure out your next steps, lots and lots of people getting their DM's in the past few weeks.

I don't think they can make a negative decision without an interview, so, congratulations!

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Computergeek, THANKS for you too basically I did include EVERY point you mentioned in my letter, with my shy but kind and funny words. I did read OP section 14 carefully , when one of you shared the link with me, I am sorry I don't remember who was so nice, my Head was still spinning from the new information I got... So anyways I did write e kind and nice and very honest letter, I am a literature teacher so I think it was well written, including everything you all suggested and was true anyways.
On the interview I will be truthful and honest, and there is NOTHING they could ask about my letter written for H&C consideration or even about the "development of our relationship" which was actually 9 pages long and I did send that too :)

And yesss, that was my first thought as well, that they didn't want to refuse my app, but as I said I am kind of old applying for this now saying I was a child etc... so they would want to see me. :)